IT Security Analyst
ST Engineering North America
The ST Engineering, North America (STENA team is seeking an IT Security Analyst to work onsite/hybrid/remote at our headquarters in Alexandria, VA1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first. This position performs two core functions for the enterpriseAd:
Ready to find your dream job? Click here.
The first is the day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions while the second is the identification, investigation, and resolution of security breaches detected by those systems Secondary tasks may include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessmentsAd:
Unsure about your career? Use this free career assessment test to figure it out.
The IT Security Analyst is expected to be fully aware of the enterprise’s security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures, and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals Responsibilities will include driving the Strategy, Planning, Acquisition, Deployment, and Operational Management of general duties such as;
· Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture, under the direction of the ST Engineering North America, Inc (“STENA”) Cybersecurity Manager, where appropriate1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help users land their next job. Pay only if you succeed in getting hired and start work at a high-paying job first.
· Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures), where appropriateAd:
Stop spending hours editing your resume to fit job descriptions. 1,000,000+ job seekers have improved their odds of landing an interview by 80%. Optimize my resume now.
· Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise business continuity plan and disaster recovery plan, where appropriate
· Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes, and the development of new attacks and threat vectors
· Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security
· Perform the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically
· Maintain up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (ie security tools) or not (eg workstations, servers, network devices)
· Maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines
· Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations
· Review logs and reports of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (ie security tools) or not (eg workstations, servers, network devices) Interpret the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution
· Participate in investigations into problematic activity
· Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and security audits
· Provide on-call support for end users for all in-place security solutions
ST Engineering is a global technology, defense, and engineering group with a diverse portfolio of businesses across the aerospace, smart city, defense and public security segments With our US headquarters based in Alexandria, VA, we have major operations in over 50 cities across 23 states, employing about 7,000 people in the country At ST Engineering, we enable a more secure and sustainable world through innovative technology, products and solutions across diverse market segments For the latest news about the group, visit wwwstenggcom and follow the ST Engineering LinkedIn page
· Bachelor’s degree in information systems management, computer science, engineering, or related field required; a combination of education and experience may also be considered Advanced degree a plus
· Two (2) plus years of IT Security Analyst experience
· One or more of the following certifications; Comp TIA Security +, GIAC Information Security Fundamentals, MSFT Certified Systems Admin: Security, Associate of (ISC)
· Extensive experience with vulnerability management and end-point management solutions
· Mandiant, Trellix, Tenable, Tanium, CyberArk experience/understanding
· Strong understanding of cybersecurity incident response and remediation
Total Rewards: Competitive base compensation, bonus eligibility, health/wellness coverage, 401K, employment perks
Experience level: Exempt/Professional
IDE Commitment: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status or disability status
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.