Cloud Systems Administrator 1 Jobs
This opening is for a recently awarded program that delivers a wide set of capabilities across the enterprise to include data management, data delivery, high ingest rate cloud architectures, and analytic platforms
Peraton is seeking a Cloud Systems Administrator to work on a Cloud Operations systems administration team within a dynamic customer-facing environment Support several cloud based repositories during the weekday day shiftAd:
Ready to find your dream job? Click here.
Monitor system health, troubleshoot system problems, maintain storage systems, interface with other parts of the team for hardware, network, and infrastructure support, provide after-hours on-call/call-in support on a rotational basis, ensure system security requirements are satisfied, create/maintain system scripts, patch/upgrade system, and administer user accounts
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of experience
• Five (5) years of experience demonstrating a fundamental understanding and working knowledge of core components of the Linux operating system including the management of user and group accounts in LDAP configuration of DHCP, DNS, and TFTP
• Three (3) years of experience writing software scripts using bash, perl, python or a similar language
• At least one (1) year of experience performing system administration and monitoring large distributed system consisting of: multiple clusters, clustering implemented across at least three racks of equipment, and a minimum of 60 nodes per site
• Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting large-scale cloud computing systems including familiarity with distributed systems for storage and retrieval of data eAd:
Unsure about your career? Use this free career assessment test to figure it out.
g Hadoop, CASSANDRA, SCALITY, SWIFT, Gluster, Lustre, GPFS, Amazon S3, or another other comparable technology
• Experience with configuration management tools including Puppet and SALT
• Hadoop/Cloud System Administrator Certification or comparable Cloud System/Service Certification is required
• Active TS/SCI security clearance with a current polygraph is required
• Advanced knowledge of SSH tunneling and protocols including the implementation of dynamic SOCKS proxies as well as other ssh-based utilities, including rysn, pdsh, pdcp, and WinSCP
• Basic understanding of low level network concepts including vlans, port channel bonding and layer2/layer 3 switch interactions
• Familiarity with software load balancers for large scale webservice implementations including haproxy and nginx
• Experience with Kubernetes orchestration services and Docker images
• Experience with log aggregation and search tools including ElasticSearch, logstatsh, filebeats, Grafana, and rsyslog
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerAd:
Stop spending hours editing your resume to fit job descriptions. 1,000,000+ job seekers have improved their odds of landing an interview by 80%. Optimize my resume now.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran
For Colorado Residents
Colorado Salary Minimum: $75,000
Colorado Salary Maximum: $181,900
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees
To apply for this job please visit www.clearancejobs.com.