Iron EagleX is looking for a Data Scientist in Springfield – Apply Here!
Iron EagleX is a veteran owned defense contracting company based in Tampa, FL.
It is our mission to provide solutions to the most challenging technical problems facing the Department of Defense while simultaneously making a positive impact on our employees and community.
The Data Scientist will support SOCOM.
Job Duties Include (but not limited to):
• Solve complex data problems, discovering fresh insights and delivering data to the user that is timely and establishes unparalleled trust and confidence in the data and services of our customers.
• Support Classified Data Science work involving R, Python, Hadoop and Hive.
• Design and implement entity resolution algorithms to connect disparate data sources to a table of over a trillion records.
• Consolidate HDFS records into reproducible HTML reports with RMarkdown, including Leaflet maps and igraph network visualizations.
• Contribute to packages enhancing R-ODBC and R-Python interoperability.
• Work closely with analytical cells to understand analyst behavior and their use of data, systems, and tools.
• Provide interpretation of new data sources relevant to our user community and recommend ways to apply the data to identify unique insights.
• Identify and analyze data shortfalls, hidden insights or anomalies and make recommendations on ways to apply the data and help to codify new data collection or system requirements.
• Identify discrepancies in the tactics, techniques or procedures (TTPs) currently used by analysts in the course of their varied mission sets and provide recommendations to improve (TTPs), methodologies, and tools and create efficiencies.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Experience working with Big Data Technologies and applying large scale Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques.
• Data Cleaning, Mining and Visualization.
• Agent-Based Modeling.
• Entity Resolution.
• Mathematical Modeling and Statistics.
• Experience with data analysis, visualizations, and ETL.
• Strong programming background proficiency in Python, R and SQL
• Experience using Git for version control.
• Experience with Trino, Apache Hive, and/or Apache Impala.
• Experience with PostgreSQL and/or MongoDB.
• Experience with Python libraries including NumPy, SciPy, Matlotlib, scikit-learn.
• Development experience in either Spyder or Jupyter Notebooks.
• Experience with developing in a Linux environment.
• Experience Supervised ML, Unsupervised ML, Deep Learning, etc.…
• Core Competency Data Science ML/AI.
• Supervised ML, Unsupervised ML, Deep Learning, Graph Theory, Applied Statistics.
• Experience working with data sets from multiple disparate sources to include unstructured, structured and sensor data
• Ability to communicate data analysis results in a clear and concise manner to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Must be able to define and document appropriate advanced analytic methods, predictive analysis, pattern analysis, and the like.
• Define and document appropriate advanced analytic methods for selection, categorization, and predictive modeling.
• Create algorithms or predictive models that can be put into production and will transition the algorithms and models to the engineering team.
• Actively monitor those algorithms and provide recommendations to update as needed.
• Develop and document methodologies for analyzing all types of data and determine patterns in the data.
• Data may include social media, open source, signals intelligence, human intelligence as prioritized by the user community.
• Unit testing and associated frameworks.
• MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
• Demonstrated interest and experience in empirical research.
• Military experience a plus
• Intelligence Experience a plus
• Command Experience a plus
• Experience Programming on Yellow environments
• Published Shareable Code on Github, Green or Yellow
• Database Familiarity
• Experience with identifying relationships, patterns and factors that drive data sets using statistical methods such as regression, correlations, clustering, and principle components.
• Ability to examine how data from multiple disparate sources creates relationships, patterns, associations and other factors that drive data sets and visualizations.
• Experience with defining new data collection methods as well as new system requirements for processing and visualizing data.
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor or Masters Degree in a relevant technical field
• Potential technical fields include, but are not limited to, mathematics, statistics, computer science, and physics.
• An active TS/SCI clearance is required
• National health, vision, and dental plans
• 20 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays
• Life Insurance
• Short- and long-term disability plans
• 401(K) retirement plan
• Incentive and recognition programs
• Relocation opportunities
Iron EagleX is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.