Instant Serve LLC is looking for a Data Engineers in Washington – Apply Here!
Job Title: Data Engineer ETL & System Administration
Location: 4058 Minnesota Avenue, NE\Washington, DC 20019
Duration: 12+ Months
11-15 years of experience needed to serve as the subject matter expert on data architecture for the agency’s multi-year Data Management Project to modernize the agency’s data management systems and implement an enterprise data warehouse.
The Data Management Project Data Engineer serves as an ETL developer and system administrator for the agency’s multi-year Data Management Project to modernize the agency’s data management systems and implement an enterprise data warehouse, with a focus on data asset analysis, supporting data quality measures, and the enhancement of reporting and analysis for program staff. Specific duties for the position include: include:
1.Develop, test, and maintain extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes.
2. Support the System Administration of associated tools and software of data and analytics landscape at DOES including the data catalog, master data, data sources, data lakes, data warehouses, data assets, and analytic products.
3. Support the Data Management Project team to develop and maintain data quality controls.
4. Support the program staff and the Data Management Project team to develop and enhance data analysis and reporting to support program operations.
5. Support business data stewards and Data Management Project team in maintaining accurate data asset meta-data and updating data documentation.
6. Support the data stewards to troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
7. Support business users to obtain requirements for enhancements and/or new analytic assets.
8. Assist in the Development of data asset training and documentation.
9. Participate in the development and implementation of a DOES data standard.
10. Participate in the development and maintenance of agency data security, privacy, policies, procedures, and best practices.
Required Skills and Experience
Familiarity with CKAN, DKAN, and/or ArcGIS is an added advantage.
Operating Systems: Windows and Linux.
Modeling Tools: proficiency in the use and administration of Erwin Modeling Suite (Data Modeler Navigator, Data Modeler WGE, Mart Server, Web Portal), or similar tools for developing and maintaining data models.
Testing: proficiency with Agile Testing, Automation Testing, Black-box Testing, Unit Testing’s, and Cross-Browser Testing.
Nice to Have: Experience and understanding of BI tool architecture, functions, features (ie. Tableau and/or Micro Strategy).
Nice to Have: Outstanding consultative skills, understanding business needs and translating those needs to technical requirements and solutions.
Nice to Have: Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including business owners, leaders, and executives.