Infinity Consulting Solutions is looking for a Go Developer in Chicago – Apply Here!
TITLE: GOLANG DEVELOPER
Compensation Range: $150,000 to $160,000/year
A growing consumer goods company is seeking an experienced Golang Engineer to be a part of their backend team. The Golang Developers build and maintain a suite of backend services that are critical to the end-to-end solutions that meet the needs of our internal and external customers alike. You will join the backend engineering team as an individual contributor with the ability to move to other functional teams over time as a part of this person’s career development. Ideally looking for an experienced Developer who can help mentor and delegate to junior members of the team. Excellent communication skills are required.
• The person in this role will be aligned to our core software team developing distributed services that power all areas of our business, written in Golang, and running in an AWS environment
• Leverage infrastructure as code (IaS) using Terraform to provision and manage infrastructure as well as to build and maintain automated build, test, and release pipelines
• Actively participate in, and occasionally lead, software design, development, testing, and deployment activities of the development team
• Work closely with stakeholders from the product, data, and operations teams in the planning and delivery of software features
• Very strong in applying object oriented principles in the software you write
• Deep understanding of software quality and routinely use various testing methodologies to assure it
• Leverage automation in all aspects of the software development life cycle
• Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively
• 5+ years of large-scale, distributed system Golang development experience
• Experience writing and integrating with REST APIs
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar
• Experience designing, developing, and maintaining solutions utilizing AWS infrastructure and services
• Experience using Docker and creating Dockerfiles
• Experience with GRPC and Protobuf
• Understanding in writing unit testable code
• Understanding of cybersecurity and its implications in designing and developing secure solutions
• Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
• Experience mentoring junior engineers
• Strong communication skills
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting/Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
.W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.