Harvey Nash is looking for a C Developer in Houston – Apply Here!
Software Development Engineer (C & AWS VPN)
We are seeking a Software Engineer to research and develop the management application for our products. You’ll also work on creating high-quality Cloud applications and services in an AWS public cloud environment.
• Design and build fault-tolerant and fail-safe WatchGuard cloud applications and services. Works with managers and architects to understand work assignments and completion criteria though associate engineers need not derive the parameters of the task independently.
• Implementation of assigned features, consistent with company quality standards and security practices.
• Estimates size and scope of development tasks
• Creates proper documentation, both in code and on-line documentation systems so that developers, product owners, and QA engineers understand the problem being solved.
• Unit tests all deliverables.
• Participates in code reviews for themselves and others and ensures all of their personal changes have been appropriately reviewed.
• Provides support to QA as necessary to isolate and resolve issues found during testing.
Skills & Qualifications
• Proficiency in Full Stack application development, and building SAAS apps in AWS tech stack using Python / Go / C experience is a big plus.
• Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure as well as different AWS services such as Lambda, SQS, SNS, IoT, DynamoDB, API Gateway, CloudFormation is a big plus
• Experience in the Linux operating system environment
• Familiarity with object-oriented programming
• Basic knowledge of networking (IPv4, IPv6, TCP / UDP, Application Protocols).
• Team player who has strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills experience
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
• Experience with Docker / containers is a plus
• Experience with Wireless networking technologies is a plus
Last updated : 2022-12-03