Guidehouse is looking for a Release Manager in Arlington – Apply Here!
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Federal – ServiceNow Operations and Release Manager. In this role, you’ll lead day to day technical administration including release management, coordinate platform upgrades/functional updates, analyze log files, configure file changes, update installation and configuration documents, perform validation/testing, manage change control and perform technical issue/problem resolution as level III support. You’ll manage the migration of code between ServiceNow instances and deployments to production for scheduled Go-live. You’ll work with business analysts, project leaders, scrum masters and customers to coordinate release schedules and supervise development activity in the release process.
• Demonstrated success professional success in configuration, release, and deployment functional areas throughout the software development lifecycle
• Responsible to ensure all system artifacts are entered into the software lifecycle management tool and that traceability from original source to passed test is recorded
• Drives root cause analysis and full solutions for incidents
• Maintains queues, monitors and controls issue aging and management
• Provide end-to-end product architecture to ensure scalable, high performance landscape
• Creates and maintains incident and issue reporting. Identifies problem trends and guides corrective action.
• Builds out and develops internal processes that interface with the processes of other technical teams and further support excellence
• Acts as primary contact for ServiceNow business users for communicating system availability, performance and issue resolution processes
• Develops documentation standards and ensures maintenance and annual testing of processes
• Determine components and other configuration items which need to be under configuration and change control and document a list of all items
• Using the software lifecycle management tool, manage code change documentation resulting from reported defects
• Experience with software lifecycle management tools – JIRA, MS DevOps
• Minimum five years of experience providing technical management and mentoring to junior team members, being a positive influence and fostering strong teamwork and collaboration
• Strong verbal/written communication skills, with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; Must be able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high-performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and teamwork
• Strong trouble-shooting and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; Ability to participate in resource planning processes based on defined organizational plans
• 5+ years of project management in software industries
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
•Selected Candidate must be able to work Eastern Standard Hours.
•This is an exempt level role that may require more than 40 hours of work per week.
• Selected candidate must be local and able to work from one of the following offices: Tysons, VA (HQ); Washington DC; Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Huntsville, AL as needed.
• ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist, Certified System Administrator are a plus
• ITIL, Agile SAFe certifications are a plus
• The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
• This position is open to candidates virtually from Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona or Eastern, Pacific, and Central time zones.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at
. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive