Guidehouse is looking for a Data Engineers in Washington – Apply Here!
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit .
Guidehouse is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. Our consultants on the Advanced Analytics & Intelligent Automation team help clients maximize the value of their data and automate business processes. This high performing team works with clients to implement the full spectrum of data analytics and data science, from data engineering, data querying and wrangling, to data visualization and dashboarding, to predictive analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence as well as robotic process automation (RPA). Our services enable our clients to define their information strategy, enable mission critical insights and data-driven decision making, reduce cost and complexity, increase trust, and improve operational effectiveness. Our consultants focus on client services, while also supporting business development, internal firm initiatives, and ongoing professional development.
• Manage ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) functions Perform complex queries using?SQL and / or other tools (e.g., R, Python Pandas, PySpark)
• Develop,?build,?test,?and maintain scalable data pipeline architectures and tools?
• Partner with data scientists/analysts and cross-functional teams to discover, collect, cleanse, and refine the data needed for analysis and modeling; data engineer
• Operate in a cloud environment and assess environment specifications and requirements for big data
• Work with data integration and management tools such as databases (cloud and on-prem; relational and NoSQL), Databricks and a variety of tools from major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Understand client needs and translate to technical requirements and Jira cards for implementation
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
• B.S./B.A. in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other computational discipline OR B.S./B.A. along with a professional development/bootcamp on data engineering
• 3+ years of relevant professional experience
• Experience developing data pipelines / ETLs and performing data engineering using Spark and Databricks
• Experience performing data engineering to enable data science and machine learning
• Experience in Python or Scala
• Understanding relational databases, columnar data warehouses, NoSQL, and other storage types?
• Proficiency in SQL
• Ability to instrument basic automation and CI/CD
• Familiarity with cloud-based services (AWS, Azure, GCP)?
• Knowledge/experience designing and building distributed systems for scalability and security?
• Understanding of Agile development methodologies
• M.S./M.A. in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other computational discipline
• 5+ years of relevant professional experience
• Experience with micro services architecture and API gateways
• Ability to work independently or in a collaborative team
• Supporting clients: identifying and addressing needs, building relationships, being flexible, communicating effectively
• Business development including RFP/RFQ/RFI responses
• Knowledge of Public Sector domains (e.g., National Security, Defense, Public Health, etc.)
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
This position is open to candidates virtually from Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona, Hawaii or Eastern, Pacific, and Central time zones.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
• Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
• Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
• Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Basic Life & Supplemental Life
• Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
• Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
• Skills Development & Certifications
• Employee Referral Program
• Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
• Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
data engineer data engineer “data engineer”