Guidehouse is looking for a Data Analyst in Washington – Apply Here!
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit .
The Data Analyst would provide data management, cleansing, visualization, and process documentation support to the Bureau of Political-Military Affairs. The analyst would work with commercial exports of defense articles and services data from industry and various interagency sources. Requirements for the position include:
• Experience working with cross-functional teams to present, analyze, update, and view technical data sets using quantitative and qualitative methods.
• Demonstrated ability to engage with and brief senior leadership effectively and successfully on data, metrics, processes, and goals and recommend solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to manage data streams from multiple stakeholders with competing priorities in support of strategic challenges and mission priorities. Must be well organized with a proven ability to resolve a wide variety of issues.
• Ability to assess data and analytics capabilities of an organization to identify areas of improvement in data operations. Implement new data management practices and frameworks that support business strategy.
• Experience transforming data (expert level) in Tableau (e.g., Level of Detail (LOD) expressions), joining and querying datasets using Tableau’s interface.
• Preparing and using large data sets to create Tableau dashboards for a diverse set of users with varying technical capabilities.
• Creating interactive dashboards that may include hyperlinked tooltips, buttons, parameters, etc.
• Publishing, extract refreshing, and user management of Tableau server.
• Experience wrangling data from either flat files (Excel and CSV) and/or being able to query SQL databases or create APIs to requisite data sources.
• Documenting requirements for reports and creating user guides for dashboards.
• Successful candidates should have an interest in learning about international defense trade and licensing, have experience with policy analysis, work well in a collaborative environment, think creatively, and are able to adjust to shifting priorities quickly. Possess strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy-to-understand business terms to all levels of management including senior leaders
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, data analytics, mathematics, engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum three years experience, supporting U.S. government agencies, with an interest in international defense trade.
• Must have experience in data analysis methods, and using a variety of tools to develop visualizations. And experience with cloud based databases and architecture is a plus.
• Experience with Tableau, SQL, Python and/or R.
• An Interim Secret clearance is required.
• An Active Secret clearance is preferred.
• Experience with database querying languages like SQL, statistical programing languages, skills in data extraction and hypothesis etc.
• Strong analytical and organization skills with attention to detail and experience with working in collaborative team environment.
• Experience with requirements gathering and process documentation.
• Experience reconciling data from mulitple systems.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure, ServiceNow, Snowflake and/or Databricks.
• Outstanding communication, diplomacy, teamwork, and project management skills
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
• Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
• Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
• Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Basic Life & Supplemental Life
• Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
• Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
• Skills Development & Certifications
• Employee Referral Program
• Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
• Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program