Giant Food is looking for a Spring in Silver Spring – Apply Here!
GIANT FOOD IS NOW HIRING STORE MANAGERS
FOR OUR STORES THROUGHOUT THE SILVER SPRING, MD AREA
IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION FOR EXPERIENCED BIG BOX SUPERMARKET MANAGERS
We are looking for proven leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for customer service and driving sales to join our management team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Overall management responsibilities for the day to day total store operation including customer service, training and development of all store associates, labor management, cash and inventory control, asset protection, shrink, store conditions, and performance management.
• Plan, implement, and follow-up on weekly sales programs
• Manage, control, and track store payroll and budget.
• Execute strategic plan through active engagement of store associates and department managers.
• Conduct store tours to evaluate store conditions and react accordingly.
• Manage total store hiring process and personnel/time and attendance procedure
Make a difference, enjoy your work, and lead the way at Giant!
Store management experience a must; including experience in a perishable, grocery, and/or big box retail store, is strongly preferred.
• If you are interested in a store management position, but do not have direct experience as the store manager of a big box store, please apply for one of the Assistant Store Manager positions posted.
• Must have experience managing people, multi-departments, and store/unit.
• Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with scheduling, retail front-end/office management, ordering, inventory management, payroll administration, P&L analysis, project management, and human resource management.
• Must be willing/able to work required retail hours, travel and take assignment within our regional business areas (, / / ).
• Business related Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of employment law, interviewing techniques and procedures, and general retail hiring practices.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership/team building and organizational skills.
• Must be willing to comply with all Giant Food policies, and meet/exceed standards.
We offer a very competitive comprehensive benefit package to our management associates including excellent starting pay with credit for experience; regularly scheduled wage increases, company paid medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans; paid vacations and holidays; tuition reimbursement programs; 401(K) savings plan with company contributions/match; manager reward and recognition program. All management positions are bonus eligible!
TEAMWORK, QUALITY PRODUCTS, AND EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE MAKE US THE MARKET LEADER.
OUR ASSOCIATES MAKE US GIANT.
Full-Time (40 Hours)