George Mason University is looking for a Data Analyst in Fairfax – Apply Here!
Business / Data AnalystGeorge Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS), located on the Fairfax, Va., campus, invites applications for a Business / Data Analyst position within Enterprise Data Integration Services and Reporting, Data Governance.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities : The Business / Data Analyst works collaboratively with both the Data Stewardship Committee (DSC) and the Data Governance Council (DGC), leading the implementation and oversight of enterprise data governance goals, standards, practices, and processes.
The Business / Data Analyst collaborates with data stewards and custodians to advance the adoption of enterprise data management / data governance.
This position acts as a primary resource for the analysis and documentation of data governance efforts, works across the university to advance data management / data governance initiatives, documents the work of identifying and classifying data elements, capturing metrics, pertinent information related to data, and working to improve data availability, quality, and accuracy.
• Required Qualifications : Bachelor’s degree in business science, data science, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and related experience;
• Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to craft and deliver a message to audiences ranging from staff to executive level management;
• Demonstrated ability to adjust priorities, manage time wisely, and make quick effective decisions in a fast-paced environment;
• Demonstrated experience with business processes for data governance;Demonstrated ability to manage and work on multiple projects / tasks while meeting tight deadlines;
• Demonstrated strong experience with data analysis, Microsoft Office (Excel and Access);Excellent attention to detail and superb organization skills;
• Ability to work as part of a team with moderate supervision; andDemonstrated commitment to continual learning.Preferred Qualifications : Master’s degree in science, data science, data analytics, business, or related field;
• Understanding of the Data Management Association (DAMA) Data Management Book of Knowledge (DM-BOK);Understanding of the Data Maturity Model (DMM);
• Understanding of basic data warehouse concepts, application programming interfaces (APIs), extract, transform, and load (ETL) strategies, and relational database technology;
Experience with higher education data and process flows; andExperience with Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Project, or other project-management related software.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons.
We have tuition waivers; telecommuting (typically one day a week) and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs;
and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
Great Careers Begin at Mason! George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research.
Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth.
Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.
gmu.edu / !George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.”
George Mason University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Last updated : 2022-12-02