GENERAL DYNAMICS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY is looking for a Information Security Analyst in Springfield – Apply Here!
Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top Secret/SCI
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family:Information Security
Information Security Analyst Senior
Springfield, VA / Fairfax, VA
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. You will be part of a dynamic team that is delivering a business driven Enterprise Network to support BICES Global Enterprise Mission Support Services increasing performance, security, scalability, and stability while reducing costs and complexity resulting in increased supportability.
• Performs Cybersecurity activities (formally known as IA – Information Assurance) for a large Program; coordinates with government Program staff, USAF, and other government agencies to assist in the creation, dissemination, direction, and auditing of program policy, standards, and operating procedures
• Utilize available resources to conduct Cybersecurity activities, and report to senior GDIT and government personnel on overall program security posture
• Assist with network and system audits for vulnerabilities using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), ACAS vulnerability scanner, and DISA SCAP to mitigate those findings for Solaris, Linux, Windows, and associated network operating systems
• Ability to create, track and review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct solution identification to assist in problem remediation and resolution
• Communicate tactical and strategic threat information to Government leaders, Cybersecurity-Ops and A&A (formerly C&A) Staff to assist them in making cyber risk decisions and to mitigate threats
• Carries out DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with DoD 8510 to ascertain information systems’ security posture by utilizing security control validation activities and coordinating security testing
• Maintain the Security Authorization status, including system documentation of multiple DoD classified networks and interconnected systems
• Coordinates with USAF and AFRL and other organizations in support of audits and inspections and provides all necessary documentation as required for SAVs, ST&Es, and CCRI
• Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
• Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems
• Advises on implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
• Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices
• Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access and file system scans to determine compliance
• Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
• Participates in special projects as required.
• 5+ years of Information Security Analyst experience required.
• Must possess and maintain a Top Secret /SCI Clearance
• BA/BS degree required – may substitute additional years of experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques
• Must meet DOD 8570.01M requirements for IAM Level II (e.g. CASP CE, etc.)
• Requires familiarity with network concepts, user authentication, and system administration
• Requires understanding of DOD RMF
• Requires understanding of DoD, NIST policies and procedures to include FIPS 199, FIPS 200, and other applicable policies.
• The ability to work and set priorities on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment
• Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required
• The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above-listed job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Work Location:USA VA Springfield
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.