GAMA-1 Technologies is looking for a Cloud Architect in Silver Spring – Apply Here!
Preferred Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate; Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies; Architect with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure
GAMA-1 Technologies, LLC seeks a highly experienced Remote Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer to support GAMA-1’s growing Cloud Services practice. In particular, the successful candidate will help drive GAMA-1’s efforts to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Cloud and National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS) initiatives. These strategic cloud initiatives intend to increase the bureau’s IT efficiency, improve IT delivery, and reduce costs. The candidate must have extensive experience architecting and provisioning enterprise-level Cloud services, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
• This position is directly responsible for leading, directing, and managing all NCCF NGE Infrastructure and Architecture personnel and consultants.
The Cloud Solutions Architect will support NESDIS satellite ground systems infrastructure and the common services they provide to our global stakeholder community. These systems and services are deemed mission-critical technologies that receive, process, disseminate, store, and archive petabytes of environmental data and information collected from space daily in support of environmental science and the global stakeholder community. Specifically, the Cloud Solutions Architect will enhance existing and build/develop new capabilities within the AWS NESDIS Common Cloud Framework (NCCF) to provide the future state of the NESDIS Ground Enterprise (NGE) with common services. This technical customer-facing role will be accountable for the end-to-end customer experience.
The Cloud Solutions Architect will provide guidance and subject matter expertise in all aspects of
network solutions within NESDIS, and support development and sustainment activities related to
configuration of hardware and network devices and close coordination with the NESDIS IT
Architects and Systems Administrators. These services will support the assessment of network cloud
applications, hardware, software, and provide network infrastructure support to NESDIS and its
international mission partnerships to develop cloud-based solutions for enhanced mission
• Evaluate and recommend best-fit, commercially available, and FEDRAMP-compliant cloud services utilizing various cloud models (i.e., public, private, hybrid) to support NOAA’s mission and specific business, technical, and security requirements.
• Support cloud optimization activities; performance and cost
• Develops architecture solutions and evaluates alternatives for private, public, and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services.
• Researches and recommends cloud architecture to enhance internal and external platforms, tools, and systems.
• Develop architectural strategies/solutions to ensure application high availability in both hybrid (on-premise / cloud) and fully cloud-hosted applications to provide an ‘always on’ experience
• Acts as a subject matter expert for end-to-end cloud architecture, including current and future providers, networking, provisioning, and management.
• Defines optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications.
• Ensures delivered solutions are realized in the time frame committed; works with project owners to size, scope, and identify risk.
• Provides technical expertise in diagnosing and resolving an issue, including determining and providing workaround solutions or escalation to owners.
• Ensures delivered solutions meet technical and functional/non-functional performance requirements within.
• Evaluate, design, and implement solutions for migrating on-premise applications to cloud hosting solutions
• Design, architect, and integrate cloud capabilities using FEDRAMP-certified leading cloud providers that include Azure, AWS, and GCP.
• Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating essential resources, and infusing key infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Management, Storage, Networking)
• Provide high-level cost and resource estimates for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as Service (SaaS) offerings
• Use a standardized process for mapping business needs to available cloud technology options, including assessment of risks and possible mitigations
• Architect, engineer, and deploy/provision secure and robust cloud services that include IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS and support service quality, outage management, subscription management, correlation of usage and charges, and cost-efficient solution architecture.
• Use architectural design principles to develop robust, efficient, and secure cloud solutions based on customer requirements.
• Provide implementation guidance/support to the customer throughout the project life cycle.
• Develop tools and documentation to enable support organizations to resolve customer issues, including complex technical scenarios dealing with the cloud architecture.
Required Skills/Abilities: _*
The successful candidate must be self-driven and possess the analytical skills to resolve challenging technical issues, often through collaboration with other technical subject matter experts. The candidate will serve as a technical resource to the team regarding cloud engineering, security, performance, deployment, and troubleshooting. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to think strategically about the customer’s business needs and requirements, propose and architect appropriate solutions, and solve technical challenges.
• In-depth understanding of cloud computing technologies, IT business drivers, and emerging computing trends and technologies.
• Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in mission-critical/significant or highly strategic accounts
• Extensive experience gathering business and technical requirements for Cloud Services-based services and applications
• Extensive experience analyzing the customer’s current infrastructure and applications, developing alternatives analysis for migrating to the cloud, and making recommendations on best-fit cloud solutions and service providers
• In-depth working knowledge of FEDRAMP and extensive experience applying best practices for building/deploying secure and reliable services and applications on FEDRAMP-compliant Cloud platforms
• Must possess an in-depth understanding of networking principles and technologies and cloud security practices.
• Experience using coding languages such as Perl, Java, PowerShell, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
• Experience architecting and building scalable, automated infrastructure
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, code-defined infrastructure, configuration management tools, and CI/CD
• Experience with AWS Lambda and “Serverless” systems
• Experience in large-scale enterprise IT environments
• Experience in a consultative, client-facing consulting role
• Understanding of load balancing, geo-redundancy, CDN, and VPN technologies.
• Knowledge of Cloud Architecture patterns and strategies (including IaaS, PaaS, Security, Compute, Storage and networking)
• Functional knowledge of Infrastructure as Code – Automation using Ansible, Chef, Puppet Powershell, Terraform, etc.
• Experience in high-performance computing (HPC) and clusters, machine learning, artificial intelligence (ai) applications, and frameworks in a cloud environment
• Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Education and Experience:
• BS/BA in Computer Science or related discipline
• Preferred Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate; Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies; Architect with Google Cloud Platform: Infrastructure
• 8+ years of experience architecting and engineering enterprise Cloud Services (Iaas, PaaS, SaaS) using leading cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure. It must include networking, computing, storage, database, identity management/access control, monitoring, etc.
• 8+ years of experience migrating on-premise workloads to the public or hybrid cloud environments and deploying cloud-ready applications.
GAMA-1 is a rapidly growing technology business that is based in Greenbelt, Maryland. GAMA-1 Technologies provides strategic information assurance, information security, and business enterprise and networking solutions to the Federal Government. Our success is based on the utilization of industry and agency standards, establishment of standardized processes, and IT Services expertise. At GAMA-1, we believe employees should grow, achieve, and develop just as the company grows, achieves, and develops. GAMA-1 is committed to providing our employees with opportunities for career advancement throughout their employment. For more information, visit www.gama1tech.com
GAMA-1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time