Sr SAP Developer at Rust-Oleum
Location: Vernon Hills
Vernon Hills, IL, United States
Rust-Oleum Corporation is a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry.
We offer a wide product range including decorative fashion paints, durable industrial coatings and, of course, the famous rust-fighting formula that started it all.
The primary result expected from the Senior SAP Software Developer will be to support company business objectives by developing and maintaining SAP application software
• Participates on programming project teams for SAP ECC and BW systems.
• Supports the technical end of ECC and BW application development and system implementation.
• Supports the technical implementation of SAP upgrades and support pack updates; investigates and resolves system and software problems; provides off-hour support as needed.
• Designs or writes program technical specifications based on business/project requirements.
• Develops software and system support documentation and procedures according to Rust-Oleum standards, and Sarbane-Oxley legal requirements.
• Conducts technical research with recommendations for action into IT related topics: methodologies, software, operations, etc.
• Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
• Advises customer about, or perform, maintenance of software system.
• Analyzes information to determine, recommend and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
• Consults with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems.
• Prepares software programming and development of documentation.
• Stores, retrieves, and manipulates data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
• Confers with data processing and project managers to obtain information on limitations and capabilities for data processing projects.
• Consults with customers or other departments on project status, proposals and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance.
• Coordinates installation of software system.
Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
• Independent task handling and providing optimum technical solutions to Functional team.
• 10+ years of SAP ABAP & BW Development experience
• Good understanding of business processes applicable to various modules in SAP – SD, MM, FI, CO, PP and WM
• Coordinate with resources working at offsite locations (GDM model).
• Experience integrating SAP with third party systems and applications.
• Comfortable with OSS navigation and OSS note interpretation.
• Object management using SPDD and SPAU during hot pack and release upgrades
• Exposure to SAP CPI (Cloud Platform Integration) or at least SAP PI/PO
Rust-Oleum is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, r protected class.
Job Identification: 2849
Job Category: IT
Posting Date: 2022-05-16
Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule: Full time
Posting Date: 2022-05-16