Release Manager at Cynet Systems
We are looking for Release Manager for our client in Seattle, WA
Job Title: Release Manager
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Contract
• Managing, planning, and negotiating release activities.
• Initiating and overseeing progressive release processes.
• Planning release windows and cycles across portfolios, components.
• Communicating crucial release plans and changes.
• Coordinating processes between different teams (possibly in various locations).
• Communicating necessary release details to business teams.
• Leading and coordinating checklist and deployment plan execution.
• Developing automation and release management tools along with scripts necessary for the construction, continuous integration, and deployment of software release.
• Ensuring that releases operate as per expectations.
• Conducting release readiness and milestone reviews.
• Producing deployment, implementation, and run books plans.
• Ensuring that requirements are clear across dependent project streams with an effective release.
• Managing the development of deliverables into production environments.
• Validating release notes.
• Deployment management of deliverables to the test environment particularly guaranteeing that the external dependent items are available during the test runtime.
• Managing risks and resolving challenges that impact release scope, quality, and schedules.
• Managing relationships working on interrelated processes.
For Remote Release Manager roles, visit Remote Release Manager Roles
Release Manager at Arrow Electronics
• Release Manager
• Job Description:
• Arrow Electronics, Inc. – a Fortune 150 company helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to continually innovate the “next big thing”. We are a global provider of technology products, services, and solutions, with 2020 sales of over $30 billion. Arrow Digital runs several global e-commerce sites which integrate with core back-office systems.
As our cross-team Release Manager your responsibility is to coordinate and guide the releases our Delivery teams need help planning.
The majority of our team members are local, but we do work internationally as well.
The different teams support parts of our application stack, and may use different technologies, delivery mechanisms and cadence for their deliveries.
There are inter-dependencies and business priorities which will need to be considered and balanced, as well as hot fixes and other unplanned deployments.
However, you are not doing this alone, as the Product team, the Delivery leads, as well as the Planning & Delivery manager will help you shaping priorities.
You are communicative, on top of things and are eager to structure, refine and guide processes around release management.
You are as comfortable talking to a development team as you are presenting to senior management.
• What You’ll Be Doing
• * Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
• Coordinate release content and effort between Dev Ops, QA , PMO, Development and PO teams
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews
• Produce Deployment, Run Books and Technical Implementation Plans
• Weekly Release Reporting
• Communicate release details and schedules to the Business and D&E teams as required
• Plan and manage all agreed release activities and the release calendar including infrastructure, environments, and data center activities
• Coordinate / communicate with other Digital Business Units & Core IT as necessary
• Work with development and QA team to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
• Participate in the co-ordination of Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
• Own the execution of Go-Live activities and schedule
• Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, feature flags and flag status; and notification lists
• Manage production issue triage process to ensure speedy resolution of issues / bugs
• Perform post mortem reviews to identify root causes of release issues and to continuously improve the process.
• What We Are Looking For
• * Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2-3 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
• 5+ years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development with both on-premise and cloud environments
• Experience in eCommerce
• Formal training in project management practices preferred
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Experience with Jira, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Git
• Demonstrated effective collaboration and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Ability to easily switch and translate between technical and business communications
5-7 years related experience with a 4 year degree; s experience and an advanced degree
• What We Offer at Arrow
• At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• 401k, With Matching Contributions
• Paid Time Off
• Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
• Growth Opportunities
• Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
• On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
• 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees! (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
• Free covered parking, included bicycle and motorcycle parking
• And more!
• Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:* $94,500.00 – $115,500.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.…
For Remote Release Manager roles, visit Remote Release Manager Roles
Release Manager at Omada
Are you a highly skilled Release Manager and you want to grow your career in an international IT security company with offices in Europe and the US? Join Omada’s CTPO organization where you will be the driver of planning and delivering releases based on the established quality and release standards. In this position you will draw upon your deep business acumen, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and a passion for creating reliable and high-quality products and services.
You drive continuous process improvement and collaborate effectively with product management and software development teams to solve problems and implement new product capabilities.
Communicate the scope, fulfillment of release criteria, identified risks and progress to stakeholders, and works actively on removing impediments, and improving quality and release standards together with the engineering teams Facilitate the Quarterly and Monthly planning process with the product and engineering representatives (POs, SMs, discipline leads) and other stakeholders Ensure that Support and customer-facing teams have advanced knowledge of details of the features/fixes contained within each release Notify all stakeholders of changes/delays for a release in a timely fashion Proactively identify, manage, and mitigate risks to the release cycle Escalate release-level impediments to help ensure delivery Maintain relationships with business & technology stakeholders including architects, Scrum teams, QA, Documentation, Cloud Operations, Customer Success, and Product Management.
Identify KPIs and provide tracking & reporting on release readiness and strategic development projects spanning multiple releases Conduct post-mortems and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve reliability and transparency across teams
5+ years of industry experience as a Release Manager within a cloud software environment, with a successful record of delivering complex systems or services, Master degree in computer science, software engineer or equivalent
Experience with Azure Dev Ops for builds, deployments and test management is a plus Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CD/CI) pipelines Experience in working with Dev Ops and Agile methodologies
Experience of working in distributed teams Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices and identify what truly matters, problem solving skills is a must, Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership, Comprehensive understanding of software processes (from specifications to testing and deployment) is critical in this role. Previous knowledge of the Cyber Security domain is a plus You should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed, and a great team player.
Omada is an incredible place to work and develop your career and technical skills. We have a strong focus on our people and our core values including:
Teamwork Being Ambitious Always Delivering Value, Constant Care These values are also reflected in the relationship with our employees and the way we live every day. We also provide great benefits and rewards that you would expect from a market-leading global software company. Some of the
Training budget Access to Linked In Learning The opportunity to work with passionate, competent people, experts within their field Informal and agile organization with a flat structure
We offer variousbenefits depending on the country of employment. Apply and find out more! About the company Omada is a fast-growing global cybersecurity software company with locations across the world and headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are a Gartner Magic Quadrant leader in Identity Governance and Administration with one of the most advanced SaaS platforms in the industry. Our vision is to “secure the world’s identities.”
Omada’s growth is backed by some of the best private equity funds in the world who are investing in technology and looking to expand Omada’s overall Cloud Operations and R&D organization. If this sounds interesting to you, please do not hesitate to contact us and start the next stage of your journey with Omada.
For Remote Release Manager roles, visit Remote Release Manager Roles
Release Manager at Zenex Partners, Inc
A great opportunity to work with one of our leading Clients in the Seattle, WA area.
– Seattle, WA
– 12 Months Contract
Responsibilities of Release Manager
• Responsible for the process of managing, planning, scheduling, and controlling a software build through different stages and environments; including testing and deploying software releases
• Lead a team of engineers, with shown experience in mentoring and coaching
• Responsibilities include direct management, strategic planning, and project management for software within the team
Requirements for Release Manager
• Excellent background in Software Development, with a proven record in managing, designing, and roadmap execution
• Experience with agile development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban, and you thrive working in an agile environment
• Full knowledge of continuous deployment & integration cycles
• Solid experience in cloud platform services and architecture e.g. AWS
• Knowledge of backend services, proven by the use of common API standards, patterns, software architecture, and data flows
• Health & wellness (health insurance, Dental, Vision, Medical, Life Insurance)
• Financial & Savings (401K Plan, HSA, HCFSA)
• Perks & Bonuses (Charitable Matching Gifts, Tuition Assistance, Fitness Benefits, commuter benefits)
• Sick leaves (3-5 leaves)
Please note contractors are engaged to provide services to our Client on a contract basis in connection with a specific assignment. Contractors are hired and employed through Zenex Partners as their W2 working at the client-side. We will provide medical benefits along with paid sick leaves. Zenex Partners believe in building diverse & inclusive products for our Client. As a team, Zenex partners focus on a drive for results that is win-win and 100% uniquely tailored to get the best talent for our Clients.
As a Woman-Owned firm, we at Zenex Partners have dedicated ourselves in becoming frontrunners for achieving inclusive workplaces that value and celebrate diversity. We have designed our recruitment practices to prevent discrimination and unconscious bias against our Talents regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, ethnicity, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Estimated Salary: $20 to $28 per hour based on qualifications.
For Remote Release Manager roles, visit Remote Release Manager Roles
Release Manager – eCommerce at Costco Wholesale
This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco’s success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
The eCommerce Release Manager is responsible for the release lifecycle. This includes the planning, scheduling, coordinating, deploying and overall management of the software build process through the different stages within Costco’s delivery lifecycle. Release Managers are responsible for creating detailed readiness checklists and integrated release plans across several products and dependencies, while improving the software build process, and for optimizing the release pipeline. Release Managers are not only responsible for obtaining deployment approval, but manage the release activities into production during the scheduled maintenance windows. Release Managers build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, team members and peers and are responsible for communicating release expectations and statuses across value streams, program stakeholders and impacted users.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
• Facilitates integrated release planning sessions in conjunction with teams and product team members (e.g., Product Managers, Solution Architects) to align on release objectives, identify dependencies across product teams and value streams, define milestones, and provide automated deployments and set configurations.
• Creates deployment plans and accompanying readiness checklists to ensure dependencies are identified and managed.
• Creates and manages the Request For Change (RFC) end to end process.
• Creates and maintains the change management calendar in conjunction with IT change management standards.
• Communicates release milestones and activity progress to all program stakeholders and team members.
• Creates and maintains the integrated project delivery plan across all impacted products (within and across value streams).
• Facilitates the documentation of rollback strategies, hypercare support, and handoffs to production support teams.
• Builds operational readiness plan (e.g., Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), run book, call trees with escalations, etc.) to ensure broader teams are prepared for deployment.
• Develops and maintains formal release records to track release content.
• Coordinates the release and deployment of the QA build to support Performance and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) activities as part of Costco’s release schedule.
• Collaborates with program stakeholders to obtain final sign-off to release a build.
• Communicates release impediments and collaborates with teams to define mitigation strategies.
• Supports/serves multiple teams and Product Managers to drive release goals and outcomes.
• Coordinates the execution of all code deployments to production environments using appropriate tools and tracking mechanisms.
• Coordinates the resolution of portfolio-related production issues due to build and deployment errors with the support of environment and tooling teams.
• Provides teams and program stakeholders with coaching on organizational release management practices and disciplines.
• Assembles and leads multiple cross-functional teams to support IT application releases of varying sizes, including building and maintaining release distribution lists.
• Defines and manages release readiness activities and success criteria in conjunction with program stakeholders.
• Builds and maintains relationships with stakeholders, team members and peers.
• Identifies automation tools to automate build and release pipelines to improve the speed and reliability of the release process.
• Ensures version control for added traceability and reliability of code to track code evolutions.
• Facilitates post-release retrospectives.
• 4+ years of eCommerce release management experience including deployment using a maintenance window.
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills as well as a positive attitude.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong organizational and planning skills, with experience building and executing tactical plans.
• Ability to negotiate timelines and deliverables with a strong sense of urgency.
• Strong process knowledge of System Development Life Cycles; Waterfall and Agile.
• Flexible, must be able to change priorities quickly, focus on new ones without distraction, able to deal with conflict and work under pressure to meet deliverable dates/timelines.
• 24x7x365 operations including evening, weekend, and holiday work required during release cycles.
• 7+ years’ experience in IT; BA/BS degree in computer science or related technical field is preferred.
• Familiarity with eCommerce.
• Knowledge of Websphere Commerce, Order Management or Order Fulfillment systems.
• Project Management Certification (PMP) or related experience.
• Certified Scrum Master.
• Cover Letter
California applicants, please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
For Remote Release Manager – eCommerce roles, visit Remote Release Manager – eCommerce Roles
Program Manager/Release Train Engineer – Distribution, IS Operational at Expeditors
Position: Program Manager (Release Train Engineer) – Distribution, IS Operational Experience
Expeditors Distribution is a key piece of our door-to-door global logistics solutions offerings. The Distribution Development Team is responsible for developing core business applications that enable our world-wide network of operations and customers to efficiently manage the services that allow us to receive, manage, and distribute our customer’s freight on demand locally or on a larger scale. Our software is highly configurable allowing us to support many business models and customer needs from simple pallet-in/pallet-out models to more complicated picking models.
The Program Manager (PM) will take on the role of Release Train Engineer for an Agile Release Train with 4 total agile teams as well as Scrum Master for one of the teams. They will communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders throughout the Program Increment (PI), maintain and execute the PI plan, coach team members on the SAFe Framework, and help raise awareness and mitigate risks.
They will direct the day-to-day activities of Analysts, Engineers, Developers, and other IS personnel for the duration of the PI. The PM, in collaboration with other team members, is responsible for the success of the PI plan, and ensuring committed work is completed on schedule and the flow of value is optimized for the agile teams they manage. They will embrace ambiguity and enjoy leading cross-functional teams tackling complex problems.
Performs Release Train Engineer role to facilitate PI Ceremonies and collaboration across teams in the ART
Leads Agile Development team as Scrum Master with a focus on continuous improvement
Agile coaching and facilitation of all SAFe ceremonies
Removes impediments and provides visibility and/or escalation to leadership
Fosters a positive and productive environment within the Agile team
Monitors PI and iteration work closely, proactively manages dependencies, and ensures committed work is delivered on time
Improve quality, predictability, flow, and velocity while maintaining a focus on daily and iteration goals in the context of the current Program Increment objectives
Keeps team organized and focused
Understands the context and status of each feature and story in the PI plan
Collaborates with Product Managers, Product Owners, technical leaders and management on ART goals and strategy
Manager – Distribution, IS Operational Experience
This position will sit in the greater Seattle, WA area.
For Remote Program Manager/Release Train Engineer – Distribution, IS Operational roles, visit Remote Program Manager/Release Train Engineer – Distribution, IS Operational Roles
AI/ML – Release Management Engineer, ML Engineering Efficiency at Apple
Summary Posted: Dec 8, 2021
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Transform the way people find their favorite movies and TV shows, watch sports, listen to music, interact with their smart home, and much more! Work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done! ML Engineering Efficiency – Release Management team in AI/ML is looking for exceptional engineers who are excited about build and integration, automation, and improving engineering productivity. We are working to take the build, integration, and test process of the AI/ML components of iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS to the next level (think Siri!). We don’t have all of the answers on how to do that yet, perhaps you do? We are exploring, measuring, and trying new things. We are responsible for integrating nearly a quarter of all changes that go into our OS releases and affect 1 billion+ customers, so this isn’t just a theoretical exercise. We won’t be satisfied with anything less than outstanding. If you are excited about the challenges of making development and release more efficient while every part of the system is advancing, come help us solve these problems and be part of improving engineering efficiency across the Siri organization!
• 6+ years in roles DevOps, SRE, SDET, or TE/QE
• Have a deep understanding of release engineering, branching, and software configuration management
• Experience setting up Continuous Integration systems that support multiple projects with a high volume of code changes
• Experience working with engineering and project management teams, which requires very good communication and coordination skills
• Ability to propose changes and improvements and communicate system status automatically and efficiently in ways that incentivize stronger coding and testing practices
• Nice to have: Familiarity with highly scalable distributed systems, parallel workflows and microservices
Release Management Engineer in Engineering Efficiency – Release Management team will be tasked with streamlining build and submissions processes for many interdependent projects. You will be a part of a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities, collaborating with client engineers and designing CI systems to optimize the build, test, and deployment cycle times for various projects. This is not a strict software engineer role but it requires a good engineering background. Your responsibilities will be split across Build/CI (50%), DevOps (40%), and Automation (10%) at first. Your strategic goals will be to automate operational tasks to integrate our build and deployment system with Apple automation and reporting, to identify process and technology gaps. You will start by learning to use the tools to pre-validate build-time issues, get a deep knowledge of Apple’s internal tools and processes. In the next year, you will have built a solid foundation and a CI solution that has improved engineers’ experience.
Education & Experience
BS or MS Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience – 6 years or 8 years respectively)
For Remote AI/ML – Release Management Engineer, ML Engineering Efficiency roles, visit Remote AI/ML – Release Management Engineer, ML Engineering Efficiency Roles