Senior NLP Engineer at UnitedHealth Group
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry-everything depends on it. At Optum Insight Technology, you ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that – you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day.
You ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
• Primary responsibilities include the enhancement of existing company NLP technologies and extension of those systems in new cloud-based applications
• Emphasis is on incorporation of machine/deep learning techniques in clinical NLP solutions deployed at scale in production environments
• Work will involve all aspects of software design and development from system requirements definition to implementation, integration and testing
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Machine/Deep Learning with an emphasis on Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval and/or Information Extraction. The successful candidate will have proven success in taking machine/deep learning solutions to production environments. Strong technical skills are required.
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• Undergraduate degree in a computational domain
• 2+ years of related professional work experience using machine/deep learning technologies – significant academic machine/deep learning and NLP development experience will be considered for strong applicants with an advanced degree
• Strength and experience with at least one of the following: Python, Java, C
• Knowledge and experience with Machine/Deep Learning frameworks
• Knowledge of algorithms and techniques within a computational domain with emphasis on text processing
• M.S. or PhD in a computational domain
• Experience with PyTorch and/or Azure ML
• Experience with Hybrid NLP solutions that combine symbolic and machine learning approaches
• Experience within the medical domain
• Experience with XML and XSLT
• Experience with SQL
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
• Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
• 8 Paid Holidays
• Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
• Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
• 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Education Reimbursement
• Employee Discounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
For Remote Senior NLP Engineer roles, visit Remote Senior NLP Engineer Roles
Machine Learning Engineer, Applied AI at Virta Health
Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working—over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people by 2025.
As a full stack health care company of physicians, engineers, marketers and more under one roof, Virta collects comprehensive data on our patients’ experience. The Applied AI team leverages this data to build the next generation of health care for chronic diseases. As a member of this team, you will build and interpret intelligent systems that power our product in order to scale the treatment, drive patient acquisition, and improve patient outcomes.
Check out our technical blog to find out how Virta is developing the next generation of healthcare technology: https://www.virtahealth.com/health-tech
• Applied AI Products: Research, develop, deploy, and monitor intelligent systems to improve patient acquisition and outcomes at scale
• Reframe vague but mission-critical business objectives into empirical problems that can be addressed with machine learning, optimization routines, and statistical modeling
• Conduct exploratory analyses of users and business processes to understand your datasets and make excellent modeling choices downstream
• Leverage our platform/tooling to develop and deploy models in our production environment
• Understand the impact of your models on user and business level KPIs; leverage this understanding to guide subsequent efforts
• Applied AI Platform: Collaborate with other machine learning engineers in designing extensible software and infrastructure to accelerate model training, serving, and operations
• Product Leadership: Participate in setting the direction of highly cross functional teams (incl. Applied AI, Product Engineering, Design, Clinical Ops, and Marketing)
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
• Immerse yourself in the rich data we collect in service of our patients’ care. Our data includes high dimensional time series data, meal images, natural language discourse, insurance claims, and much more
• Ship one new data pipeline or ML model as a feature in our patient or clinician-facing products
• Teach and inspire other Applied AI team members on your areas of expertise through knowledge sharing, pair programming, and code reviews
• You have 4+ years experience as a machine learning engineer or scientist, deploying models in production at scale. Experience deploying models as a part of a (possibly stateful) microservice is strongly desired.
• You are passionate about directly optimizing core products or operations through AI/ML systems deployed to production
• You care deeply about exploring data and understanding the real life user behavior and processes that generate it
• You are expert in Python’s open source machine learning ecosystem. Experience with tensorflow or pytorch is strongly desired.
• You are strong with SQL and able to extract data from data warehouses like Redshift or Bigquery. Experience with modern data processing technologies like Apache Spark or Apache Beam is a plus
• You excel at communicating progress, trade-offs, and the results of your work to team members from other functions
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
• You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
• You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
• You prioritize positive impact over busy work
• You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
• You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
• You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
• You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta’s security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients’ information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
For this role the compensation range for candidates in Colorado is $156,110 – $1179,437; information about Virta’s benefits is on our careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. Virta has a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
For Remote Machine Learning Engineer, Applied AI roles, visit Remote Machine Learning Engineer, Applied AI Roles
Sr NLP Engineer at Leap Recruit
This role requires you to design and implement end-to-end Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) models and systems to drive business impact. You partner with cross-functional stakeholders and customers to frame business problems as ML problems, prototype solutions effectively, and implement production-grade ML systems and the backend software systems they support to provide end-to-end five-star user experiences. Given you are constructing the foundation on which our global data infrastructure will be built, you need to pay close attention to detail and maintain a forward-thinking outlook as well as scrappiness for the present needs. You thrive in a fast-paced, iterative, but heavily test-driven development environment, with full ownership to design features from scratch to impact the business and the accountability that comes along. Responsibilities:Scoping: Actively participate in customer engagements and partner with cross-functional stakeholders (legal product managers, customer success) to scope technical requirements for high impact business problems; determine whether ML is the right tool for the job and, if it is, how to frame the problem as an ML task Prototyping: Investigate different options quickly and thoroughly to identify the simplest, most pragmatic tool that drives business impact End-to-end System Design and Implementation: Gather training data; train, deploy, evaluate, and iteratively improve production-grade machine learning systems; implement and test the backend software systems they support to provide end-to-end five-star user experiences Follow and promote software engineering and machine learning best practices across the organization; keep up to date with the state of the art developments in NLP research, open-source frameworks, and MLOps Shape the direction of machine learning at Relyance and build a cohesive team culture of ownership, growth, transparency, and customer focus You are a good fit if you: Have a track record of delivering production-grade ML/NLP models and systems, specifically in text classification, entity and relation extraction, summarization, question-answering, and knowledge base construction Have strong software engineering skills, and set examples by writing clear, concise, and maintainable code considering design principles and applying sound testing practices Are comfortable with Python, and have experience with ML/NLP tools and libraries such as scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow, spaCy, Hugging Face, etc. Have a systematic and goal-directed approach to project management; are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and ruthlessly prioritizing and managing your time with a sense of urgency Thrive in a self-directed environment with full ownership to design features from scratch to impact the business and the accountability that comes along Are deeply curious, proactive about continuous improvement, and excited about learning at breakneck speed in a fast-growth environment; are eager to candidly and directly give and receive feedback to improve together as a team Are customer and mission-driven, motivated by bringing the most value as possible to users and shaping an industry from the ground up Are the ultimate team player: collaborate effectively with others, consistently make time to help your teammates, and are ego-less in the search for the best ideas Powered by JazzHR
For Remote Sr NLP Engineer roles, visit Remote Sr NLP Engineer Roles
Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Agile
Machine Learning Engineer – 100% Remote
Our client is a professional services firm dedicated to building machine learning and data science solutions. They have a successful record of building SaaS products for other successful AI focused companies. They have multiple NLP and Computer Visions project lined up for the next year. As a consultant you would get to work on a variety of these projects.
They are currently looking for software engineers with experience in Python-based Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence using frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or Keras.
The focus of the Machine Learning (ML) Engineer will be to help create artificial intelligence products. ML Engineer responsibilities include creating machine learning models and retraining systems. Your goal will be to shape and build efficient self-learning applications.
Here’s what our ideal candidate has:
• Proven experience as a ML Engineer or similar role
• Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
• Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
• Experience in applying machine learning, predictive analytics and classification techniques towards real product and problems
• Ability to write robust code in Python or Java or equivalent modern programming language
• Proficiency in SQL, big data technologies and working with large data sets
Preferred Experience/Knowledge (not required):
• BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master’s degree is a plus
• Experience designing and building web scale distributed systems
• Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
For Remote Senior Machine Learning Engineer roles, visit Remote Senior Machine Learning Engineer Roles