Senior Security Engineer at TaskRabbit
Location: San Francisco
Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by domain names.
• Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA
• Builtin’s “Best Places To Work”, 5 lists including: Austin Best Midsize Companies to Work For & SF Best Places to Work
• DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
• DataBird journal’s ” Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people get their tasks done and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Taskrabbit is looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to help lead the next phase of Taskrabbit’s growth. As a Senior Security Engineer you will implement security tooling, triage and resolve security incidents, develop and implement security processes and policies. As a security engineer, you will help ensure that that sensitive data is kept confidential. You will make sure we have the right software and hardware in place, document and report security threats, as well as to take measures to prevent these threats from being carried out.
Join us in transforming lives, one task at a time.
You will be:
• Developing, executing and tracking the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
• Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
• Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management.
• Configure, troubleshoot and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
• Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
• Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
• Plan, develop, implement and update the company’s information security strategy.
• Educate and train staff on information system security best practices.
• Handle security incidents and resolve them efficiently
• Develop and maintain, track and measure vendor reviews
• Assist in yearly pen tests, audits and work with service team to address these matters
You should have:
• At least 5+ years of experience in Security Space.
• Experience with build automation and configuration Security tools (e.g. Bridgecrew, Crowdstrike, Bugcrowd,)
• Software development background is a plus
• Strong knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem and other core AWS technologies, GuardDuty, Control Tower, ElasticSearch Service, RDS, WAF, CloudFront, etc.
• You have worked with common infrastructure tools like Terraform
• Experience supporting 24×7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application, and database servers and load balancing systems.
• AWS Certification a plus
• Excellent written and communication skills
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017
At Taskrabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, Taskrabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
• Taskrabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
• Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
• The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with
• Senior Leadership Team 75% women
• Director Level 86% Diverse
• The Values.
• Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
• Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
• Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
• Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
• The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
• The perks: Taskrabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly Taskrabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
For Remote Senior Security Engineer roles, visit Remote Senior Security Engineer Roles
Security Engineer, Detection and Response at Sentry
Location: San Francisco
Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we’re building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About The Role
The security team is responsible for and committed to securing all things Sentry. From our customers, to our code, and everything in between, the security team is involved in all aspects of the business in pursuit of that goal.
Sentry is looking for a Security Engineer to join our growing security team, working to help build out the Detection and Response program.
In this role you will:
• Help to define and execute on a forward-thinking strategy for threat detection and incident response.
• Engineer new and improve existing detections using attacker TTPs, frameworks, and indicators observed during incidents.
• Threat model and run simulations on applications and infrastructure to identify detection opportunities and identify risks
• Run threat hunting exercises using threat intel and logs.
• Support incident response.
• Create and maintain documentation of processes, procedures, and technical **implementations.
• Build, engineer, and maintain processes, workflows, and run-books to simplify and codify response processes and procedures.
• Be a founding engineer of the Detection and Response team.
You’ll love this job if you:
• Bring an engineering mindset to a detection and response program to optimize the use of automation for efficiency and consistency.
• Want to be a founding member of the D&R team and enjoy collaborating.
• Are interested in detection and response, as it pertains to open source software.
• Are motivated to continue developing and learning new skills.
• 2 years experienced with working on a security team, with a preference for a technically focused company.
• Experienced and comfortable with programming in at least one language, with a strong preference for Python.
• Comfortable using a broad range of security tools and technologies such as EDR, SIEM, IAM tools, Email Security, Cloud Security, Network tools, etc.
• Experienced in running a **security **incident, from identification to declaration to post mortem.
• An up to date understanding of the threat landscape as it pertains to SaaS companies.
• Strong communication skills.
• Competitive salary and meaningful equity
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
• Monthly commuter subsidy
• 401k program
• Learning & Development stipend
• Charitable matching program
• Generous parental leave policy
• Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home policy, and real work/life balance
• Catered lunches
• Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) and friends and family events
• Relocation assistance – you are living in, or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required – Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered.
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For Remote Security Engineer, Detection and Response roles, visit Remote Security Engineer, Detection and Response Roles
Senior Security Engineer – Application Security at Uber
Location: San Francisco
About the Role
Uber is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our Application Security team. As a member of our team you will help us scale the traditional App Sec model of finding vulnerabilities manually to a fully automated and autonomous system.
In this role, you will regularly perform gap analysis, identify new opportunities to introduce automation, then design, build and deploy bespoke automation to facilitate the automatic discovery, remediation, and regression testing of common security vulnerabilities in Ubers apps and services. Youll also work on developing multi-year roadmaps to tackle complex security problems requiring large architectural product or infrastructure changes, identifying and integrating with high-quality, security-vendor products to shorten the time-to-market w.r.t. delivering specific security capabilities to engineering at large.
Further, youll frequently work with product teams throughout the company to close known security vulnerabilities en masse.
As a Senior Security Engineer on the App Sec team, youll heavily use both your SWE skills and Security expertise. Youll frequently partner with other Senior & Staff-level engineers across the company to raise the security bar across all of Ubers products and services. Finally, youll mentor junior engineers to round out the next generation of top Security experts in the field.
What You Will Do
Develop multi-year roadmaps to solve complex security challenges company wide.
Design, build and deploy automation to scale the discovery of security bugs across all company apps and services.
Identify novel attacks and security weaknesses in company-owned assets; automate their discovery using state-of-the-art techniques, methods, and tools.
Provide security guidance to application and service owners to remediate known security vulnerabilities.
Mentor junior engineers.
Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Mathematics.
Programming skills in at least one of:
Go, Java, Python, NodeJS, etc.
Expertise in at least one security domain: web security, mobile security, cloud security, systems security, program analysis, or reverse engineering.
Masters or PhD in Computer Science,, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Mathematics with a focus on Security.
Expertise developing and driving complex, multi-year project roadmaps to address company-wide security challenges.
Expertise designing, implementing, and deploying production-quality systems.
Expertise in multiple security domains
For Remote Senior Security Engineer – Application Security roles, visit Remote Senior Security Engineer – Application Security Roles
Security Engineer at Transcarent
Location: San Francisco
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it.
You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wire
Ventures and General Catalyst, and founded by amission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver “not just better but different” experiences for our members.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
What we look for in our teammates
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
• Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
• Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
• Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
• Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
• Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
What we look for in this role
In this role you will…
Be responsible for ensuring all Transcarent’s digital assets are protected from unauthorized access.
What you’ll do
• Help develop solutions to tackle security challenges to protect employee and consumer data
• Collaborate with our engineering, Dev Ops, IT teams and also help design, build, test, and implement information security technologies and infrastructure
• Select and manage applications related to data protection, network security, and threat monitoring
What we’re looking for
• Proven work experience as a security engineer
• Experience in building and maintaining security systems
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
• Very strong logic and problem-solving skills
• Familiar with network protocols and their weaknesses
• Ability to work under pressure
• Desire to automate existing processes using modern scripting language or automation tools
• Incident response & security investigation experience
• Familiarity with vulnerability assessment tools and securing web applications
Nice to Have
• Prior working experience with HIPAA/HITRUST/PCI/NIST/ISO requirements and standards
• One of more certifications in the networking/security field (CISSP/CCNA/CCNP/CISA/GIAC)
• Familiar with threat models for large, distributed systems and cloud-based infrastructure
• Project Management Experience
• Pen-testing, red team, blue team, and CTF experience
• Experience with SIEM, WAF, SASE, Antimalware, and Identity Management tools
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Information security at PwC
Location: San Francisco
IFS – Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network.
You’ll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhances security of internal information and protect our firms intellectual assets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level.
To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to :
• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
• Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
• Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
• Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
• Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
• Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
• Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
• Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
• Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience :
2 year(s) of progressive professional roles involving IT Controls Auditing, Risk Management, Information Security, and / or Project Management
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred : Bachelor Degree
Certification(s) Preferred :
CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP, PMP, or PRINCE2
Preferred Knowledge / Skills :
Demonstrates thorough level of knowledge of Security domains such as Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Architecture and Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Security Assessment and Testing, Security Operations, and Software Development Security;
and Security, IT, and risk management frameworks, standards, and guidelines (e.g., NIST, COBIT, ISO 2700x).
Demonstrates thorough abilities and a proven record of success :
• Auditing controls around information security, compliance, and operational processes including current and emerging technologies (e.
• g., cloud-computing, OneAD, web development tools, Internet of Things (IoT), management consoles, network security, PAM, and *nix-based systems;
• Assessing new global products and services and at defined SDLC toll gates using auditing techniques, available data / reporting, and security assessment tools to facilitate Security by Design;
• Assessing existing global products and services to identify gaps using predefined security controls; best practices, and industry standards; and,
• Reviewing mandatory configuration settings and verifying implementation in accordance with current industry standards.
Demonstrates thorough leadership and management qualities in the following areas :
• Respecting the work-life quality of team members;
• Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and,
• Keeping leadership informed of progress.
Job Posting End Date
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working : virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual).
Visit the following link to learn more : https : / / pwc.to / ways-we-work.PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy : https : / / pwc.
• to / H-1B-Lottery-Policy.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race;
• creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status;
veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act : https : / / pwc.
to / coloradoifsseniorassociate.
Sr. Information Security Analyst, Sr. Assoc at FHLBank San Francisco
Location: San Francisco
Responsible for assisting with the operation of the Bank information security systems and controls with a goal to maintain a strong information security program that enables comprehensive monitoring and compliance verification.
The Analyst will play a key role in Information Security event triage and incident response by monitoring the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system and other alerts generated by security related tools.
The Analyst will also be involved in security operations and is expected to provide hands-on support for a broad spectrum of technologies, including security software running on Windows and Linux systems, network devices, virtual machines, as well as the Bank’s own products and services.
Monitor security systems for anomalies, alerts, and respond to potential security issues.
Investigate security related alerts and analyze events for impact and escalation.
Derive conclusions on security events and propose solutions
Assist in preparing documentation related to security issues and cyber incidents.
Manage the Information Security service tickets to provide updates and closure.
Promote security awareness through newsletter communications, classroom training, and facilitating computer based training exercises
Work with and support Security Engineers in troubleshooting security infrastructure devices and solutions.
Stay current on IT security trends and news, including researching emerging technologies and maintain awareness of current security risks.
Participate in security vulnerability assessments and penetration tests on Bank systems and applications.
Participate in periodic policy compliance reviews, risk assessments, and control testing.
Participate in internal security audits and investigations.
Participate in on-call system administration support including but not limited to weekends, holidays and after-business hours as required to service the needs of the business.
Understanding in the following areas:
Windows and Linux Security, Networking, Vulnerability Management, Cloud Security, Identity and Access Management.
Strong understand of security concepts and hands-on with tools and systems such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, manage antivirus/antimalware, patch management, NAC, and DLP, vulnerability scanners.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related field, or equivalent work experience, is required.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Minimum of two years of hands-on experience in an equivalent Information Security role. Banking and/or financial services industry experience, a plus.
Self-motivated, organized and able to multi-task, prioritize, and adhere to deadlines
Able to operate independently and effectively
Additional Desired Skills:
Industry certification is a plus:
GIAC Security Essentials, Certified Ethical Hacker, GIAC Certified Incident Handler, Certified Security Administrator (firewall), CISSP.
Programming knowledge, a plus (Perl, Python, C, PowerShell, Ruby, SOAP, XML).
Knowledge of compliance and regulatory program requirements, a plus (such as HIPAA, ISO 27000, NIST, FISMA, and SOC standards).
Notice regarding COVID-19
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, our top priority is the health and safety of our team members, our families, and the communities we serve.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, the Bank requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
New employees must be able to provide proof of vaccination on their first day of work.
A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or two weeks after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine has been administered.
If you are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a sincerely held religious belief, medical condition, or disability, the Bank will consider requests for accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
We value and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences reflecting the full diversity of the communities that we serve.
It is the policy of the Bank to comply with all applicable laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities.
For Remote Sr. Information Security Analyst, Sr. Assoc roles, visit Remote Sr. Information Security Analyst, Sr. Assoc Roles
Director, Information Security Engineering & Services at Autodesk
Location: San Francisco
Remote, USA Position Overview We seek a talented and driven individual to serve as our Director of Information Security. This role will be responsible for all day-to-day Information Security efforts at Autodesk.
You will set a strategic vision and direction for the programs, develop the team, and champion security efforts through cross-functional collaboration with stakeholders.
You will lead Autodesk’s Vulnerability Management, IAM, Data Security, Configuration Management, Network Security, Platform Security, Detection (including endpoints) and Workforce Security.
You will evolve our security posture in line with industry-recognized practices, frameworks, and regulations. Your leadership will be critical to ensuring trust outcomes for our customers and the company.
You will collaborate with senior leaders to influence engineering and business decisions to improve security.
The ideal candidate will have experience driving and implementing security strategies and practices at scale across products, enterprise IT, and hybrid cloud.
This position can be based out of any of our office locations or a home office location.
· Manage a team of engineers, including a mix of people managers, 3rd-parties and individual contributors
· Partner with key stakeholders throughout Autodesk, including engineers, senior management, product management, and program management
· Ensure timely uninterrupted delivery of Autodesk’s core security services at Autodesk
· Build and deploy security solutions, frameworks, automation, and orchestration to secure, automate and scale critical infrastructure and tooling
· Consulting on security initiatives related to a mixture of desktop, web, and mobile apps, which all leverage cloud services
· Drive and influence security across the organization
· Own all elements of people management, including developing and hiring a high-quality team
· 15+ years of experience in a security domain
· Strong security background, especially in the fields of IT security, application security, or cloud security
· Experience with cloud computing technologies, especially AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure, or GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
· Highly technical with both tactical and strategic capabilities, including Network Security, Platform Security, Data Security, Vulnerability Management, IAM, Detection, and Incident Response
· Decision maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy
· Emphasis on a data-driven, decision-making mindset
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
· Highly collaborative in a fast-paced team environment
Security @ Autodesk Our team of security experts helps Autodesk design, build, deploy and maintain secure products. We are embedding security in the full spectrum of how we build our products from inception, design, development, testing to how we are running them in the cloud as well as how we are responding to any existing or emerging threats to our products ks of our products and services.
Our job is to be one step ahead of the bad guys and use expertise, technology, and other resources to thwart their efforts to compromise our products and the environment in which they operate. Our team keeps a single-minded focus on protecting our customer’s data and their investment in our products by strengthening our applications, underlying services, and network.
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status r legally protected characteristic.
We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.#LI-POST#LI-REMOTE#ADSKSecurity Careers At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status r legally protected characteristic.
We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.
San Francisco, CA, USA; AMER – United States – Washington – Offsite/Home; AMER – United States – New York – Offsite/Home;…
For Remote Director, Information Security Engineering & Services roles, visit Remote Director, Information Security Engineering & Services Roles
Sr information security engineer at UnitedHealth Group
Location: San Francisco
Positions in this function are involved in monitoring, evaluating, and maintaining systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, networks, databases, and Web-based security.
Conduct vulnerability assessments and monitor systems, network, databases and Web for potential system breaches. Respond to alerts from information security tools.
Report, investigate, and resolve security incidents. Recommend and implement changes to enhance systems security and prevent unauthorized access.
Research security trends, new methods, and techniques used in unauthorized access of data in order to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach.
May oversee internal or external systems security (i.e., cloud services). Ensure that customers and users have the right access to the right systems at the right times.
• Support of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and experience with development of Microsoft (M365 / O365) Security and Compliance capabilities
• Monitoring, evaluating, and maintaining systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, networks, databases, and Web-based security.
• Conduct vulnerability assessments and monitor systems, network, databases, and Web for potential performance and capability degradation.
• Respond to alerts from monitoring tools. Report, investigate, and resolve security incidents.
• Partner with required stakeholders to remediate DLP design, process, and technology gaps
• Work in a leadership capacity, working directly with other departments to develop and implement information security policies, standards, and procedures.
• Collaborate with multiple teams across multiple support tiers including desktop support, network, security, and information security teams, analyzing issues / incidents, establishing / working war rooms, diagnosing issue severity, computing problem resolution and recovery.
• Resolve or work with SMEs to resolve issues.
• 2 or more years experience with any of the following : M365 configurations, SASE, and / or Cloud experience.
• 3 or more years’ experience with Data Loss Protection or Data Protection platforms
• 1 or more years’ experience with Splunk
• Previous mentoring / guidance experience
• Experience working in an Agile workflow environment
• 2 or more years of IT Security or Cyber Security experience in any of the following areas :
• Incident Response
• Email Security
• Data Protection Governance
• Cybersecurity threat detection, monitoring and reporting
• Cyber Intelligence and Threat Hunting
• Vulnerability Management
Python scripting experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives.
This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed.
We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions.
This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only : The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.
• As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements : Health, dental, and vision plans;
• wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan;
• life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance;
Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere : UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Head of Security Engineering at Stellar Development Foundation
Location: San Francisco
Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team lopment Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates e today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
SDF is looking for a talented, passionate and highly technical security leader to be a founding member of our security engineering team. In this role, you will attract, retain, and motivate talented security engineers. You’ll lead efforts to protect the company network boundaries, identify and fix security vulnerabilities in SDF blockchain infrastructure and introduce best-of-class security tooling, processes and practices.
In this role, you will:
• Lead, manage and grow the SDF security team in automating, streamlining and scaling the company’s security efforts
• Have deep prior experience in establishing and running an App Sec or Sec Ops team, with knowledge of security and privacy standards
• Build security programs and dashboards, and identify metrics to provide SDF executive leadership and the board with reporting on security risks and mitigations
• Develop, document and communicate security SDLCs in partnership with engineering leadership, with a balance of process to friction in helping to mitigate potential security risks
• Create SDF’s security roadmap and strategies with an eye to innovation, and develop a deep understanding of the latest in blockchain, infrastructure and smart contract security issues and practices
• Lead security incident response
• Provide technical leadership, champion career development and mentorship to security team members
• Hire an engaged, diverse, and high performing security team
You have :
• 7+ total years of experience in security engineering
• 2+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience of security engineers in fast paced environments
• 5+ years of technical experience as an individual contributor security professional
• The ability to prioritize and manage across multiple, often time-sensitive initiatives
• A high degree of integrity and accountability
• Good organizational, communication and leadership skills
• Experience with attacks and mitigation methods
• Experience with network protocols and secure network design
• Have troubleshooting and investigative skills
• Proficiency in at least one scripting language and familiar with a few (Ruby, Perl, Python, Bash, etc.)
• Experience with development of security tools and automation
• The willingness to do what it takes to help your team and colleagues – especially in stressful situations.
• Enthusiasm about working in a small and growing team.
You are open, empathetic, and care about putting the best ideas forward in a collaborative and helpful manner.
Bonus points if:
• Experience with securing decentralized networks and applications
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with Prometheus and Grafana
• Experience with AWS
Why work for us:
• You’ll be on the cutting edge of security a web3 style network
• You will be in a high visibility, high impact role with lots of room for growth
• You will work on many open source projects that aim to improve financial inclusion on a global scale
• Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
• Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
• Paid parental leave
• Life & ADD
• Short & Long term disability
• FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
• 401K (4% match)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Monthly gym allowance
• Daily lunch and snacks in-office
• L&D budget of $1,500/year
• Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not…
For Remote Head of Security Engineering roles, visit Remote Head of Security Engineering Roles
Senior Security Software Engineers at Lime Bikes
Location: San Francisco
Senior Security Software Engineers (Level 4)
San Francisco, CA
Must have MS degree in Information Security, Information Technology or related or foreign equiv. & min 3 yrs exper. in cyber security roles using IAST, SAST & DAST. Send resume to & reference “SSSE36M”
For Remote Senior Security Software Engineers roles, visit Remote Senior Security Software Engineers Roles