DevOps Engineer at Selby Jennings
A High Frequency Trading Firm is looking to bring on a Software Engineer that has an expertise in developing CI/CD pipelines and able to code in Python. Specifically, the individual will work with researchers and other technologists to quickly execute on building and deploying new strategies.
• Responsible for maintaining, optimizing, and improving build and deployment systems
• Works with team members to resolve any build or deployment issues day to day
• Responsible for optimizing and automating infrastructure processes
• Designs and develops additional tools to improve development workflow
• Works closely with developers and researchers to improve and optimize software tests
• Writes clear, maintainable, portable code
• Expertise in Python
• Expertise in build systems in Linux
• Proficient working with git
• Good working knowledge of C++
• Strong analytical skills
For Remote DevOps Engineer roles, visit Remote DevOps Engineer Roles
Azure Devops Engineer at ServStaffing Inc.
Required Technical/ Functional Skill Set Hands-on experience in :
• Experience on application deployment, maintainance on Various Azure DevOps-related tools like deployment tools, staged virtual environments, and provisioning scripts
• Configure and maintain Azure DevOps pipelines, including automated builds and deployments.Develop custom scripts and tools to automate various aspects of the software development process.
• Application Performance Monitoring
• Software Installation
• TFS Administration
• Database Knowledge
• Application Support and User Issue Resolution
•Implement of Azure DevOps solutions for various development teams, including source control, work item tracking, build and release management. Experience Required 5-7 Years Roles & Responsibilities • Expert in Application deployment and software Installation
• Software upgrade Planning ,Roll back and back-up process
• Understand application performance monitoring and resolve issue with respect to any performance related issues.
• Familiarity with automated testing tools to assist with regression testing of application
• Experience in TFS Administrative work
• Document process and Runbooks.
• Support end users issue
• Responsible for impact analysis documentation.
• Use Log components for logging. Perform daily monitoring of log files and resolve issues, actively involved in getting the QA, UAT and production issues resolved.
• Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another technology-related field.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
Nice to have:
• Some availability needed for off hours/weekends for support or application deployments
• Team Foundation Server(TFS) administrator experience i.e. upgrades, etc
• Assist with application performance recommendations i.e. First InSite multi-threaded database Generic Managerial Skills • Should be an excellent Team player, self-starter, multi tasked, detail oriented.
Senior Associate DevOps Engineer at Request Technology
Senior Associate DevOps Engineer
Salary: $100k-$110k + 10% Bonus
Location: Chicago, IL/Dallas, TX
• We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role*
• 10% Bonus Eligible*
A prestigious financial company is seeking a Senior Associate DevOps Engineer
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent experience
• 1+ years of experience in building large scale, data-centric solutions
• 3+ years of experience (recent) participating on a DevOps team or as product owner for DevOps team
• Programming/Scripting experience in languages like Java, Bash, Python or Go
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools (examples – GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Compose, K8s)
• Experience with distributed message brokers Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
• Experience with cloud technologies and migrations
• Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline etc.
• Experience preferred with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc.
• Experience developing and delivering technical solutions using public cloud service providers like Amazon, Google, etc.
• Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics
• Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON RPC
• Experience following Git workflows
• Enable development teams to self-service build and deployment processes through process automation.
• Assist in designing process improvements across the build, deployment, and monitoring of Clearing applications.
• Support the maintenance and configuration of development environments in Kubernetes and AWS.
• Support terraform, ansible, Harness, and Jenkins jobs used to instantiate and manage development environments.
For Remote Senior Associate DevOps Engineer roles, visit Remote Senior Associate DevOps Engineer Roles
Senior DevOps Engineer (North of Chicago) at Uline
Senior DevOps Engineer
12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Develop your ideal IT career, crafting disaster recovery plans and testing, at Uline. Bring your expertise to research, plan, design and build modern solutions as a Site Reliability Engineer at one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
Better together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking for good people who share our passion.
Lead the Platform team’s vision by identifying and closing application and infrastructure gaps to increase operational efficiency and platform stability.
Collaborate with enterprise and application architects to implement new solutions and improve existing solutions.
Implement appropriate configuration, monitoring and alerting to ensure best performance and health.
Work with project managers and stakeholders during scope and requirements sessions.
Design and document disaster recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure environment is recoverable within pre-determined Service Level Agreements (SLA).
Develop, implement and maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI / CD) pipelines.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
9+ years of experience supporting middleware and packaged applications.
5 years of Java container administration.
Experience with CI / CD automation tools and supporting software solutions on Red Hat Linux.
Expertise in networking concepts like load balancing and routing.
Complete medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
401(k) with 5% employer match.
Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
Tuition Assistance Program that covers professional continuing education.
Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
On-site café with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
Uline is North America’s leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials. We’re a family-owned company known for incredible service, quality products and same-day shipping of our huge in-stock inventory. With over 8,500 employees across 12 locations, it’s time you joined Uline.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment hair follicle drug screening.
Our employees make the difference and we are committed to offering exceptional benefits and perks! Explore Uline.jobs to learn more!
For Remote Senior DevOps Engineer (North of Chicago) roles, visit Remote Senior DevOps Engineer (North of Chicago) Roles
Associate Principal – DevOps Engineering at CareerAddict
Associate Principal – DevOps Engineer
Salary: $115k-$130k, % bonus
Location: Chicago, IL/Dallas, TX
(hybrid 2 days in-office, 3 days remote)
• This FT position is open to sponsorship. Must have at least 2 years left*
A prestigious company is seeking an Associate Principal – DevOps Engineer with a strong understanding of Infrastructure, Dev/Ops, and Automation. This candidate will have 10 years of experience in development, infrastructure, operations, system/database administration.
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• 3-5 years of leadership/management experience
• Strong Agile experience at the program level
• Financial/regulated industry experience preferred
• AWS EC2, Kubernetes, Kafka, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Hashicorp Vault
• Microservices and streaming data intensive application architecture
• Application architecture, networking, and security in the cloud
• Setting up platform in AWS for high performance requirements
• Broad experience in API based development
• Git and Artifactory for sourcing artifacts
• Multi-AZ, Multi-region failover architecture
• Fluent with different types of data formats and structures, like Json, Protobuf, Avro
• SQL and NoSQL databases, in-memory data stores
• Java/Python/Scala/Golang software development
• Two or more of the following skills: web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, event-driven systems, transaction processing systems, distributed and parallel systems, large software system development, security software development, public-cloud platforms
• Fluent in industry best practices, software patterns, and architecture principles
• Enterprise architecture frameworks, like TOGAF
• Ability to define and document architecture strategies, designs, and requirements across all enterprise architecture domains – business, information systems (applications & data), and technology
• Ability to define service-based, component architectures
• Ability to demonstrate visualization of enterprise architecture concepts
• ORT tech lead will own all activities related to successful deployment and operation of the Operational readiness environment (ORT) from technology perspective. Successful candidate will collaborate with various product, infrastructure, operations, security, and production control teams to elicit and fulfil technical requirements of these teams. This role is an individual contributor role that may evolve into people manager role in the future.
• Owns the successful deployment and running of the operational readiness environment (ORT) goals
• Performs deployment of Clearing, Risk and Data Platform applications into the ORT environment
• Guides the implementation using CI/CD pipelines in Kubernetes environment
• Directs Review, configure, and execution of Terraform Ansible automation pipelines delivered by product teams
• Guides the setup of common infrastructure platform like multi-region Kubernetes and Kafka cluster, etc.
• Elicits requirements for deployment of application and sizing for managing expected workload
• Monitors the performance of applications and tune working with product teams
• Confers with product teams leads and practitioners to create deployment plans
• Confers with the Ent. Architecture and Renaissance architecture teams to devise implementation architecture
• Promotes standards across applications security & configurations
• Collaborates with IAM/security teams on setting up roles/permissions for machines/users
• Collaborates with the integration/performance testing team to leverage integrated release tested in Integration/Release Acceptance environment
• Collaborates operations/enablement teams to deliver infra and apps to start testing
• Collaborates with production controls teams on monitoring, failover, logging, etc.
• Provides guidance to systems engineering, Dev/Ops professionals for building highly performant environment
• Implements infrastructure failover scenarios
• Confers Network team on all connectivity plans and issue resolution (including between on premises and AWS)
• Establishes agile program level practices for efficient collaboration and delivery
• Performs deployment of applications in VM based as well as container-based deployments
• Develops documentation for ORT technical infra/architecture support
• Leading a small team of tech resources with Dev Ops and System administration skills
For Remote Associate Principal – DevOps Engineering roles, visit Remote Associate Principal – DevOps Engineering Roles
Azure DevOps Engineer at Michael Page
This DevOps Engineer will be responsible for support, maintenance and upkeep of tools and infrastructure to provide application support for the company’s main web application. They will drive the architecture, business objectives and overall infrastructure alongside the technical architect.
Our client is a Global Law firm known for working with Fortune 100 Companies, small to medium size corporations, Private Equity Firms and Large Financial Institutions.
• Maintain Devops tools, scripts, and configuration
• Advise 3rd party vendor on approach consistent with Kirkland Standards
• Review and monitor Devops activities, logs, and act accordingly
• Support changes affecting the infrastructure and application environments
• Work closely with technical architect to understand the strategic directions for application and guide tool per that direction
• Release Management and deployments
• Recognize and respond to reported issues promptly
• Maintain application security, design and documentation
• Create process and change control documentation
• 5+ years of DevOps and application support experience
• Understanding of version control, environment build tools, CI/CD automation tools -Azure DevOps
• Required Knowledge of MS .Net and .Net core
• Knowledge of version control systems and configurations (Git, TFVC in Azure DevOps)
• Hands on working knowledge around Linux and Windows based systems
• Hands on scripting experience in languages, and ability to debug scripts and configurations (Powershell, Bash, MSBuild)
• Experience with database query languages (TSQL, PostgreSWL)
• Dynatrace, ELK or other server and application performance monitoring tools
• Understanding of SSL certificates and management
• Familiarity with identity management with ADFS, Azure AD, and SAML client configuration
• Understanding of F5 load balancing/APM capabilities
• Familiarity with DNS record management
• Familiarity with network traffic diagnostics with packet capture tools such as Fiddler, WireShark
• Proven deep Kubernetes ecosystem/tools expertise
• Docker container management and automation
• Development experience (C# preferred)
• Remote or hybrid work environment
• Large visibility to your work
• Generous Compensation Package
If interested, please submit your resume for consideration within 24-48 hours
Desired Skills and Experience
Maintain Devops tools, scripts, and configuration
Advise 3rd party vendor on approach consistent with Kirkland Standards
Review and monitor Devops activities, logs, and act accordingly
Support changes affecting the infrastructure and application environments
Work closely with technical architect to understand the strategic directions for application and guide tool per that direction
Release Management and deployments
Recognize and respond to reported issues promptly
Maintain application security, design and documentation
Create process and change control documentation
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
For Remote Azure DevOps Engineer roles, visit Remote Azure DevOps Engineer Roles
DevOps Engineer at CyberCoders
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Salary: $100k – $160k base, Bonus
Requirements: Python, Linux scripting, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Based in Chicago, we are a privately held global markets trading firm established more than 40 years ago. We use our unique industry technology/talents to manage financial markets. Although we have the resources and infrastructure of a well established company, we still are able to provide a startup like culture and collaborative learning environment.
This position is on-site in the Chicago office.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
• Compensation: $100k – $160k base + bonus
• Camaraderie: Company outings, Daily catered meals, Intramural sports, Poker nights, Hack-a-thons
• Growth: International presence, yet operates like a startup
• Technologies: Design, develop, maintain back end applications/platforms
• Opportunity: Huge opportunity for career and personal growth
What You Will Be Doing
Working across all departments, this position would be involved on every level of our technology stack. Collaborate across various teams to build, test, and deploy trading applications as well as design/implement back office data/applications. Interact closely with technology teams to make feedback loops and application development as efficient as possible.
What You Need for this Position
• Proven background in Python
• Linux scripting experience
• Database design experience
• Bachelor’s/Masters’ degree in Computer Science and/or related field
So, if you are a DevOps Engineer with experience, please apply today!
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
• Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : TS13-1700073 — in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Trevor Schuh – Recruiter – CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
For Remote DevOps Engineer roles, visit Remote DevOps Engineer Roles
Staff DevOps Engineer at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We are empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We are transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We have built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. This platform provides the foundation for our digital front door through which we are creating a more accessible, personalized patient experience which includes telehealth, connected devices, and remote patient monitoring capabilities among many others.
Our technology solutions are 100% cloud-native and designed with elasticity, automation, and with API-first principles. Security is at the core of our operating mentality and is native to our investment thesis when procuring technology and deploying solutions.
Integral to our Infrastructure & DevOps organization, the Senior DevOps Engineer will drive a wide variety of projects to support and maintain the organization’s converged infrastructure & tooling in a multi-site environment.
What are examples of work that DevOps Engineers will do at VillageMD?
• Work as part of an Agile self-organizing team.
• Take part in roadmap planning, prioritization, and goal setting.
• Familiarize yourself with the various deployment schemas used by product teams across the organization.
• Deploy DevOps tooling and improving developer enablement.
What will make you successful here?
• A low ego and humility.
• Love for automation and strong analytical and data-driven approach to solve systemic problems.
• Effective communication including patience to listen and high degree of comfort with transparency.
• Ability to maintain calm and methodically driving resolution for high-impact production issues.
• Ability to deeply leverage Agile methods and practices to manage your work.
The Following Experience Is Relevant To Us
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• 5+ years of multi-disciplinary experience supporting cloud hosted infrastructure (AWS, Azure).
• Programming languages (Python, PowerShell, Go, Typescript).
• 5+ years of CICD and infrastructure-as-code experience (Terraform, SAM, Ansible, Kubernetes, GitHub Workflows, Drone CI).
• Monitoring and incident management tools such as DataDog, OpsGenie.
• Operating in local, remote, and containerized Linux environments.
• Source version control using Git and remote Git hosting providers such as GitHub and BitBucket.
• Ability to effortlessly deploy front end applications, APIs, and SaaS services on hard metal or containerized environments using infrastructure-as-code.
• Implementing security into the practice of DevOps. Intimate knowledge of AWS virtual private networks, security groups, IAM (Identity and Access Management).
What can we offer you?
• Competitive salary, bonus, and health benefits
• Paid gym membership
• Fun, fast-paced, startup environment (with snacks)
• Pre-tax savings on commute expenses
• Remote flexibility
• A highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes the impact you can make from Day 1.
• A clear link between our daily work on products and services and the improved quality of healthcare that this work facilitates for patients.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For Colorado Residents only: The base compensation range for this role is $140,000 to $170,000. At VillageMD, compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, etc. This role may be eligible for annual/quarterly bonus incentives (if applicable), and the selected candidate will be eligible for a valuable company benefits plan, including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and access to a 401k plan with company match.
For Remote Staff DevOps Engineer roles, visit Remote Staff DevOps Engineer Roles
Senior DevOps Engineer at Cerebral
At Cerebral, we’re on a mission to improve access to high-quality mental health care. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves to get the care they need, and are striving to make care convenient and accessible, while tackling the stigmas that surround mental illness.
Since launching in January 2020, we have gone from a team of 5 to over 4,000 across the United States. With support from investors like SoftBank, Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, WestCap, and others, and impactful leaders like you, we’ll continue to democratize mental health care and double down on clinical quality and deliver exceptional patient outcomes for years to come. With a heavy focus on clinical quality and safety in all that we do, we’ve accomplished excellent patient outcomes:
• 82% of patients report an improvement in their anxiety symptoms after using Cerebral.
• 75% of patients who report improvement in their depression see improvement within 60 days.
• 50% of patients who initially report suicidal ideation no longer harbor suicidal thoughts after treatment with Cerebral.
This is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we won’t stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality evidence-based mental health care without high costs and/or long wait times. We’re looking for mission-driven leaders who share these values, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
Who you are:
• 5 years experience as an infrastructure, software, DevOps, or site reliability engineer with a progressive career
• Profound capability of designing, implementing, deploying, securing, and maintaining reliable systems and processes across multiple environments
• Quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones
• Constant curiosity and desire to learn and to dig into new technologies to pick them up quickly
• Demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technologies
• Experience working in a rapidly growing organization
• Remain attentive to business value while shipping complex products requiring coordination across multiple teams
• Love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
Work well with other leaders
• Strong desire to dissect existing systems to find better solutions with an eye toward maturing methods and best practices.
• Infrastructure as code, build automation, and release engineering expertise
• Test automation expertise
• Previous on-call experience
• Experience with healthcare or other high-security environments
• Develop and maintain infrastructure as code with Terraform
• Strong experience working with containers and kubernetes
• Coding skills to support and debug infrastructure-as-code work
• Provide infrastructure expertise to software teams during design and development
• Lead incident management processes such as blameless retrospectives
• Experience working in a lean agile environment
Bonus points if you have…
• Background in supporting Kafka (MSK, Confluent, connectors) as we move more services to an event driven architecture
• Background in transforming monolithic applications into microservices
• Experience with healthcare or other high-security environments
• HIPAA, SOC, or HITRUST compliance
Our tech stack:
• Languages: Ruby, ReactJS, React Native, Python, Typescript, Terraform
• Systems: AWS, Postgres, Github Actions, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, Datadog, Kafka
How your skills and passion will come to life at Cerebral:
• Work with Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, and CI systems
• Improve the developer experience by continuously improving build and test automation processes
• Work with security teams and developers to build security solutions and harden systems
• Design and implement release, rollback, and disaster recovery automation
• Build and release reliable, stable products across several platforms and initiatives
• Engage cross-functionally with several departments
• Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy which allows you to rapidly earn the trust of engineers and product management leaders
• Own the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
• Define production-ready best practices, working with software leaders to create training materials
• Be eager to share different perspectives with your teammates to devise the best solutions
• Help design and implement software and process ‘guard rails’ to allow increased developer self-service functionality and standardization across the organization
• Facilitate organization use of observability tooling (DataDog, etc.) to improve incident response, set SLOs, and manage error budgets
• Research new technologies, analyze and help choose appropriate vendors to facilitate development projects.
Who we are (our company values):
• Client-first focus – Relentless focus on improving client experience & the quality of care
• Results and data-driven – Reach goals by making data-led decisions with measurable results
• Ownership – Accountable for hitting our goals & delivering on commitments
• High velocity – Strong bias for action, enabling us to quickly adapt & win in a fast-changing market
• Mission-driven experimentation – Iteratively experiment with new ideas, products, & services to help advance our mission
• Lead with empathy – Demonstrate the same level of compassion for one another as we show for our clients
• Deep, hands-on leadership – Leaders stay connected to the details of their operations & believe no task is beneath them
What we offer:
• Mission-driven impact:
• Shape the future of the #1 largest and fastest growing online mental health care company in the world
• Build a platform that is improving the lives and well-being of hundreds of thousands of people (and counting)
• Join a community of high achievers who have a passion for promoting mental health
• Path to develop & grow:
• Bi-annual performance reviews & opportunities for promotions – as Cerebral grows, so should you. We build your goals together and forge a career path that is right for you
• Remote-first model: Work virtually from anywhere in the US
• Competitive compensation & benefits:
• Total compensation includes equity/stock options
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k provided to all employees
• Unlimited PTO – we encourage taking the time you need to relax and recharge
• Top-tier wellness benefits and perks, including bi-quarterly mental health days (8 per year), No-Meeting-Wednesdays, holistic monthly wellness stipend, and access to on-demand health & wellness content
• $200 WFH reimbursement
• Culture & connectivity:
• Virtual social events (e.g., happy hours) enable us to build a sense of community and connect on a more personal level
• Monthly peer-to-peer recognition allowance via Bonusly allows team members to reward one another for values-aligned contributions
• Optional in-person company retreats provide an opportunity to augment team-building and celebrate our successes together
Cerebral is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
For Remote Senior DevOps Engineer roles, visit Remote Senior DevOps Engineer Roles
Senior Software Engineer, DevOps at Intelsat
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Intelsat Inflight has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer. You will be part of a team responsible for keeping the organization’s AWS development environment operating efficiently and securely with a primary focus on improving and modernizing the operations of the development pipeline.
Are you up to the challenge?
You will be a crucial working member of multi-disciplinary, highly skilled technical teams fuelled by passion for their problem-solving capabilities and provide high quality technical solutions and services that deliver business value and drive continuous improvement across the organisation.
• Implement multi cloud network interconnectivity between on-prem, AWS, and third-party vendors
• Drive Continuous improvement of AWS products and capabilities through smart architecture
• Provide leadership in large complex development projects involving application development
• Be a leader of system integration efforts ensuring hardware and software compatibility across different Subsystem.
• Collaborate with Product owner and Software Development to create a development environment for Customers to build and integrate software on.
• Take pride in owning the functionality of inflight connectivity laboratory systems at multiple sites.
• Demonstrate a proactive attitude towards identifying and resolving new development, sustaining engineering, and/or system integration issues.
• You must possess knowledge in (or an interest in) microprocessor-based hardware design.
• Working in a small project team, your tasks will often involve hands-on interaction with product hardware for developing and debugging.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are important.
• You must have an excellent understanding of real-time embedded software design and be proficient in Linux, C, C++, Python, Go and other software languages and operating systems.
• Agile software development and/or git/Jira experience is a plus.
• A good understanding of various Virtualization and Containerization (Docker) technology is must.
• Knowledgeable in TCP/IP protocol stack on Various Linux distributions.
You should definitely have:
• Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform and/or CloudFormation
• Experience managing a multi-account AWS environment using the following AWS services: Control Tower, Organizations, and SSO
• Experience with some/all of the following AWS services: EC2, VPC, S3, Elastic Load Balancer, IAM, Lambda, CloudWatch, EKS, RDS, Systems Manager, Jenkins, EMR, KMS, API Gateway
• Proficient in crafting least privilege IAM policies
• Proficient with Python scripting
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or relevant experience
• 5 – 10 years’ experience in systems, applications, and cloud support
It would be nice if you had:
• Understands the value of automation and a desire to automate processes
• Familiar with common DevOps methodologies ( )
• Familiar with 12 Factor methodology of application design and deployment ( )
• Experience working within audited environments such as SOX or PCI-DSS
• Infrastructure management using Terraform
• AWS certification
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Flexible work arrangements
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
• These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, we apply our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
For Remote Senior Software Engineer, DevOps roles, visit Remote Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Roles