Data Scientist (Mid-Level or Senior) (Seattle, WA) at Boeing
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T): Boeing’s global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future!
BR&T is looking for a Data Scientist (Mid-Level or Senior) based out of Everett, Washington to support technology development projects with Boeing Commercial Airplane (BCA) product development.
• Determines, defines and deploys predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to meet business objectives
• Chooses best fit methods, defines algorithms, validates and deploys models to achieve business results
• Performs necessary data preparation and enhancements to models
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
• 3+ years experience in Data Science
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• 5+ years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years experience in Data Science
• Experience with coding using Matlab, Python, C++ and C sharp
• Experience with controls and control architecture for robotic and gantry control systems
• Experience with both hardware and software for automated systems
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 7 or more years’ or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a union represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For Remote Data Scientist (Mid-Level or Senior) (Seattle, WA) roles, visit Remote Data Scientist (Mid-Level or Senior) (Seattle, WA) Roles
Principal Data Scientist – Resume at Indeed
Seattle 213,000 – 309,000 USD per year
Austin 198,000 – 288,000 USD per year
NYC Metro Area 210,000 – 304,000 USD per year
SF Bay Area 223,000 – 324,000 USD per year
US Remote 198,000 – 288,000 USD per year
The Resume Science team builds machine learning models that help connect millions of jobseekers with job opportunities on Indeed’s second largest business by revenue. Our mission is to help people get jobs by making recruiting frictionless. We do this by employing various techniques related to information retrieval, ranking, deep learning, and NLP.
As a Principal Data Scientist on the Resume Science team, you will:
• Build highly scalable and performant recommendation systems and technologies that can identify best matches between millions of jobseekers and job opportunities in real-time
• Experiment with POC ML model improvements, scale them to production, and run iterative AB experiments to improve our recommendations, matching and/or ranking technologies
• Represent Indeed at major ML conferences like NeurIPS, ICML, and ICLR
• Mentor and grow other software engineers and data scientists across teams
• Break down larger ML initiatives into pieces that deliver incremental business value and lead the team to execute on them
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions and how to train others to do so. You find passion in the craft and are constantly seeking improvement and better ways to solve tough problems. You produce the highest quality Machine Learning solutions and lead others to do the same. You have high standards and will take pride in Indeed like we do as well as push us to be better. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You are equally happy talking about deep learning and statistical inference, as you are brainstorming about practical experimental design and technology career development. You love being in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams.
• 10+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer, Data Scientist, or Machine Learning Engineer (or 7+ with a PhD or MS)
• Prior success deploying (impactful) Machine Learning solutions to large-scale production systems
• Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Strong sense of ownership as a technical and product leader
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with both technical and business audiences
We get excited about candidates who:
• Have the desire to solve difficult problems at the intersection of machine learning, data engineering, and software engineering
• Have extensive experience and knowledge with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
• Have search technology experience such as Lucene, Solr and/or Elasticsearch
• Have prior success deploying Recommender Systems / Search Ranking / etc. to large-scale production systems
Who We Are
We are a rapidly growing and highly-capable Engineering organization building the most popular job site on the planet. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore, Hyderabad, Dublin, Aberdeen and Vancouver, we are improving people’s lives all around the world, one job search at a time.
As the world’s number 1 job site , our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We’re looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
( comScore Total Visits, September 2021)
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We are committed to creating an environment where all employees feel included and have a strong sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family/marital status, refugee or immigration status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and join us in our mission of helping people get jobs.Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Help at 1-, or by email at at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals and individuals with arrest or conviction records, a fair chance at employment. We also comply with state and local requirements such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Our Policies and Benefits
View Indeed’s Applicant Privacy and Accessibility Policies –
Learn about our global employee perks, programs and benefits –
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single-dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
For Remote Principal Data Scientist – Resume roles, visit Remote Principal Data Scientist – Resume Roles
Data Scientist at Redwood Housing
Redwood Housing, an impact developer that is focused on raising the standard of living for low- and moderate-income Americans primarily by developing and preserving affordable senior and multi-family properties throughout the country, is seeking a data scientist to help quantitatively drive our organizational and financial performance. The ideal candidate will be experienced at using and presenting quantitative analysis and the preservation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business and our impact. This individual must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles in a dynamic environment with little supervision and be passionate about joining a rapidly growing, mission-driven real estate investment and development company.
• Collect and analyze data across data sources to understand the performance of our property operations, finding opportunities for optimization, enhancement, and maintenance of standardized business reporting
• Develop and enhance data structures and pipelines to organize, collect, cleanse, and standardize data to opine on and improve organizational initiatives
• Process, clean and validate the integrity of the data collected
• Use machine learning techniques, visualizations, and statistical analysis to gain insight into a variety of data sets
• Collaborate with decision-makers, building reports and dashboards to monitor and translate business questions into hypothesis driven data analysis
• Application and documentation of best practice standards in the execution of analytics projects for value creation
• Ability to present a comprehensive data story to leadership and recommend growth performance metrics to evaluate business performance improvement ideas and develop actionable insight
• Bachelors degree in math, physics, statistics, economics, or computer science
• 3-6 years of related work in an analytics environment
• High comfort level with data and statistical programming languages
• Excellent judgment, communication, attention to detail, intuitive interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities
• Complex thinker demonstrating vibrant intellectual curiosity
• Outstanding time management and organizational skills – ability to multi-task, prioritize work, manage multiple deadlines and track deliverables in a fast-paced environment
• High energy team player that is a self-starter that can work proactively with limited supervision
• Effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong ethics and integrity
Senior Data Scientist at Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
The Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) Technology team is leading the streaming revolution by creating amazing new entertainment products. We are at the forefront of building new and exciting technologies that delight our guests with magical experiences every time they visit our trusted and beloved Disney brands, including ESPN, Marvel, ABC, ABC News, FX, National Geographic, and many more.
The data scientist will work in our dynamic, interdisciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers. They will have opportunities to work on tasks in any of these disciplines, insofar as they are qualified, but will be focused primarily on data science related tasks (feature engineering, model building, model validation, etc.). #LI-AU1 #CXPNGS
The Data Scientist is a critical position within DMED Technology who specializes in applying statistical methods to meet optimization, personalization, recommendations and efficiency related challenges, in close collaboration with engineering and business partners. You will be primarily focused on delivering value by developing algorithms that drive integral underlying functionality of our various entertainment services. In addition, throughout the algorithm development process, you will perform thorough data analyses and present these findings to stakeholders across the organization to deliver insights about our products and our customers. Collaboration is key to success at Disney, and you are expected to build bridges and maintain communication across various teams throughout any given project, so strong communication skills are a must.
Areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to:
• Translating business problems into an actionable data science project
• Presenting analyses and models in a clear, easy to understand manner
• Developing, deploying, and supporting machine learning models
• Building reports and real-time dashboards for our stakeholders
• Developing statistical experiments and analyzing the results
• Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data
• Participating in data validation efforts
• Data discovery and exploration tasks
Basic Qualifications :
• Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline (statistics, data science, mathematics, economics, etc.)
• 5-8 years of work experience in data science, statistics, or predictive analytics
• Deep knowledge of statistical principles and the underlying data assumptions on which they rely
• Hands-on experience with at least 3 of the following statistical models/techniques: recommendation systems, neural networks, optimization and simulation, churn models, logistic regression, linear regression, forecasting, A/B Testing, clustering and segmentation, etc.
• Experience working with R, Python, SAS, or other statistical programming languages
• The ability to effectively communicate technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Familiarity with databases and data retrieval, including SQL
• A passion for data and technology
Preferred Qualifications :
• Masters degree in a quantitative discipline (statistics, data science, mathematics, economics, etc.)
• Previous experience in entertainment
• Knowledge of the video streaming industry
• Hands-on experience with AWS or other similar cloud services
• Demonstrated delivery of machine learning techniques in real-time applications
Data Scientist at Talus Bio
Talus Bioscience is a venture-backed early-stage biotechnology startup working to develop new therapies for incurable cancers. At Talus, we believe nothing is undruggable. We build the technology to bring drug development back to where it matters, inside the live human cell. Exciting things are happening at Taluscome join us
We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our team in Seattle. The scientist will work in a small team setting to develop and improve our computational tools for discovering drugs that target undruggable proteins. We are looking for a technology leader interested in leveraging their knowledge of proteome/genome bioinformatics and machine learning to solve complex biological problems. The ideal candidate will thrive working independently in a fast-paced, innovative, early-stage biotech environment. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Build, document, and test tools and machine learning models to guide our drug discovery efforts
• Contribute to in-house and open-source bioinformatics and data science software
• Aid in developing robust experimental designs
• Incorporate feedback from team members to iterate on models and algorithms
• Accurately document code and analyses in version-controlled repositories
• Contribute to a rigorously scientific, cohesive, and efficient team environment
Talus believes that our staff should reflect the diversity of our community. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations. We are committed as an organization to foster better cultural competency, equity, and diversity. We’re open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, and all talent is welcome and encouraged to apply, even if not all of the required qualifications are met.
Required Skills and Experience
• MS or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a closely related disciplines
• 3+ years of hands-on experience analyzing large-scale proteomics (preferred) or genomics data
• 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining bioinformatics and/or data science tools
• Fluent in Git, Bash, and Python
• Excellent organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and confidently within a highly-collaborative, fast-paced environment
• The successful candidate must be self-motivated, a team player, attentive to details, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Preferred Skills and Experience
A combination of any of the preferred qualifications listed below would add value to a potential candidate’s application.
• Experience in cancer biology and drug development
• A track-record of contributions to open-source software
• Fluent in SQL and the PyData stack (Pandas, NumPy, etc.)
• Experience with NextFlow or other workflow engines
• Strong data visualization skills
• Cloud computing experience, particularly with AWS
Competitive applicants will include their GitHub profile in their application. This position is primarily in-person, with the option of limited work-from-home a possibility for the right candidate. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the US.
At Talus, we’re proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that is top of class for a small startup:
• Medical/dental/vision insurance with 100% company-paid premiums for employees and 50% for dependants.
• Company-paid life insurance policy.
• 4 weeks of paid time off PLUS 10 holiday days.
• 401(k) plan with a 4% company contribution.
• Medical and child care FSA plans.
• $100/month commuter benefit for transit, parking, etc.
• Flexible working hours.
• An inclusive and fun work environment with smart and dedicated co-workers.
We value the safety of our employees and have put in measures to reduce the risk of COVID that include:
• All personnel working on-site are expected to be fully-vaccinated and boosted (if not, then masks must be worn 100% of the time when working on-site).
• Personal protective equipment is provided and, at times, required.
Talus Bioscience provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For Remote Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Data Scientist Roles
Senior Data Scientist at Amazon
Do you want to join an innovative team of scientists who use machine learning, NLP and statistical techniques to provide the best customer experience on the earth? Do you want to change the way that people work with customer service? Our team wants to lead the technical innovations in these spaces and set the bar for every other company that exists. We love data, and we have lots of it. We’re looking for scientist to own end-to-end business problems which would have a direct impact on the bottom line of our business while improving customer experience.
If you see how big data and cutting-edge technology can be used to improve customer experience, if you love to innovate, if you love to discover knowledge from big structured and unstructured data and if you deliver results, then we want you to be in our team.
You will participate in all phase of science projects, including big data understanding, developing ML models, designing and implementing product experiment, automating analytical metric mechanism, and communicating results. You will earn trust from our business partners by collaborating with them to define key research questions, communicate scientific approaches and findings, listen to and incorporate their feedback, and deliver successful solutions.
Key job responsibilities
• Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data to help automate and optimize key processes
• Design structured, multi-source data/modeling solutions to deliver results
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, ML/Statistics model development, model validation and model implementation
• Preprocess and analyze unstructured text data by NLP techniques to understand customer needs and product enhancement
• Conduct A/B test experiment and deliver causal inference statistical recommendation to support product dial-up decision
• Coach junior data scientists in the team by turning business requirements into functional specifications and then executing delivery
• Lead the technical project end-to-end lifecycle.
• Master’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
• 5+ years of working experience as a Data Scientist
• Ability to structure a problem, gather supporting data using big-data technology (AWS tools, SQL, Python) and large-scale data warehousing, and write strong narratives to convey findings.
• 5+ years of diverse experience in data science methodologies (statistics/ML modeling, A/B test experimentation, statistical analysis, causal inference, etc.)
• Knowledge on unstructured text data analysis/ sentiment analysis/ model technologies
• Experience on data visualization/dashboard by Tableau
• Strong communication and data presentation skills and problem solving ability
• A PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
• 8+ years’ experience in a ML or Data Scientist role with a large technology company
• Fluency in a scripting (e.g. Python) and SQL coding
• Experienced in quantitative modeling/ NLP text analysis and time series forecasting
• Focused knowledge/experience in at least one data science methodology (statistics/ML modeling, experimentation, statistical analysis, causal inference, probabilities, etc.)
• Experienced in data modeling, ETL development, and Data Warehousing
• Experience working with large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies.
• Knowledge/experience in building lightweight web applications to capture and visualize data is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Manager, Data Scientist Intelligent Forecasting at KPMG
You’ll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you’ll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. At KPMG, our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for yourself and as a contributor to our firm. That’s why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experiences through formal education and training programs, leadership development opportunities, and, as well as informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your KPMG colleagues.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our KPMG Lighthouse – Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
• Translate financial and operational business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations in diverse domains (revenue forecasting, risk management, product development, marketing research, supply chain, public policy, and others)
• Work in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to decode business requirements into machine learning based goals and modeling approaches; rapidly iterate model structure and design through parameter tuning, data transformation, and accuracy measurement selection to refine and validate approach
• Operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with both virtual and face-to-face interactions; communicating results and insights, and educating others through insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations adapted for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Deliver on client engagement milestones by following established data science workflows to mitigate risks in data cleaning, modeling, validation, and deployment; manage tasks, document assumptions, and work with others to quickly clear issues and meet deadlines
• Build automated ingestion processes to prepare, extract, and transform a variety of structured and unstructured data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, images, video, voice, emails, financial data, operational data, and economic data; perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, and uncover interesting trends and relationships
• Draw on your knowledge of statistical and mathematical differences between machine learning algorithms, industry and company level operations analysis, and financial forecasting methodologies to select, tune, and customize the appropriate time series or other regression/ML modeling approach for various client engagements and internal projects
• Act as a subject matter expert within the firm; staying on top of new research in financial forecasting/time series analysis and ahead of general machine learning and deep learning advancements, evaluating and implementing new open source code
• Minimum of five years of experience leading teams of at least five data scientists, engineers, and other data & analytics professionals, including business development, requirements gathering, people development, and quality management using analytics and software development processes for natural language processing, machine learning on unstructured data, and/or information retrieval; Multidisciplinary backgrounds
• Master’s degree from an accredited college/university in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields; PhD from an accredited college/university is preferred
• Experience with time series analysis and forecasting (ARIMA, VAR, ETS, BSTS, Holt Winter’s, and others)
• Extensive experience with extracting, transforming, and analyzing large amounts of financial and operational data to derive meaningful trends, map connections, and identify drivers of key P&L line items like revenue and cost
• Strong background in linear algebra and statistics
• Ability to apply machine learning techniques to achieve concrete business goals; ability to work with the business to understand available resources and constraints around data (sources, integrity, and definitions), processing platforms and security; ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical business audiences through excellent verbal/written communication
• Solid experience performing data science tasks, such as data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, parameter tuning, and deployment; extensive experience coding machine learning solutions using object-oriented programming in a software development process, and ability to restructure, refactor, and optimize code for efficiency
• Strong proficiency with Python, extensive experience with other programming languages (SAS, R, Java, Spark, Hadoop, and SQL), proficiency with the Jupyter suite and/or Visual Basic Studio and experience with common data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, and others)
• Ability to utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools to deliver insights, such as emerging Cloud Capabilities on Azure, GCP and/or AWS; experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms; experience working in a Linux environment
• Ability to travel when necessary; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Colorado Salary Statement:
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: Low: $77400 – High: $159500
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
For Remote Manager, Data Scientist Intelligent Forecasting roles, visit Remote Manager, Data Scientist Intelligent Forecasting Roles
Senior Data Scientist at Federal Reserve Bank
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
When you join the Federal Reserve-the nation’s central bank-you’ll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we’re building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth-along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
About the Opportunity
Our National IT Enterprise Logging team has an immediate opening for a Senior Data Scientist.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will report to an Assistant Vice President and work on the dynamic core team that provides logs and metrics based advanced analytic solutions to the Federal Reserve System. You will work with other Data Scientists, Data Visualization experts, and Data Engineers to create machine learning models and advanced analytics that will optimize how-we-do-business within the FRS and transform data into meaningful insights and help the business make data-driven decisions.
What You Will Do:
• Gather, prepare, manage, and explore large, varied datasets to make predictions, build models and algorithms, and test hypotheses for the System
• Oversees products and deliverables through the full development life cycle, from research to product launch
• Work closely with cross-functional teams of engineers, product owners and business decision makers to identify major business requirements and expected business outcomes
• Provides technical leadership and mentorship to members of the team
• Bachelor’s in STEM (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field) required, Master’s preferred
• 5+ years experience in AI/ML and data analytics is required. Preferred technologies include Python and SQL
• Hands on experience in data engineering using AWS technologies is a big plus
• Experience with CI/CD process. Knowledge of Terraform is a plus
• Experience in data analysis and visualization
• Experience in Agile environments
• US Citizenship is required for this position.
Other Requirements and Considerations:
• A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
• Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
• If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify [Email available when viewing the job].
• Sponsorship is not available for this role. The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship or three or more years of Permanent Resident (Green Card) status.
• The hiring range for the RICHMOND area is $120,000 – $142,000. Salaries for other locations may vary based on geographic data. Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
Research Data Scientist at Meta
The Infrastructure Quantitative Engineering group uses statistical and machine learning techniques to support the operations and enable the continued growth of Facebook’s infrastructure. We partner with teams supporting all of Facebook’s infrastructure, focusing on long-term strategic initiatives that make Facebook infrastructure more efficient, reliable, and scalable. We are “full-stack” data scientists, helping to establish product requirements, gather data, design experiments, create models, build software tools and communicate findings. We are looking for hands-on experienced data scientists who can collaborate effectively with partner engineering organizations, fellow data scientists and leadership.
As a Research Data Scientist, you will need to develop subject matter expertise, build trust with partners, recognize the biggest opportunities, create and drive strategy, and leverage data science methodologies to solve hard problems. In your work, you may provide guidance and coordinate with other data scientists to help achieve the goals in broad areas of operation.
Research Data Scientist Responsibilities:
• Identify how data science can be applied to improve, optimize, and expand Facebook’s infrastructure across a variety of domains, with emphasis on long-term and strategic initiatives.
• Work cross-functionally as a strategic partner to define priorities and develop project roadmaps in synergy with partner teams. Build consensus and earn commitment from partners. Drive execution through fast iteration.
• Ensure coordination of theirs and others’ projects across related workflows, to maximize impact and avoid duplication and overlaps.
• Employ languages and tools like Python, R, SQL, and others to drive efficient data exploration and modeling.
• Build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions to large-scale web, mobile and data infrastructure problems by leveraging or developing statistical and machine learning methodologies.
• Generalize methodologies for broader application within and outside their domain.
• Lead and provide technical mentorship to data scientists, to ensure continuous up-leveling of our expertise.
• Degree in quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or other related field)
• 6+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis including experience with SQL, other programming languages (e.g, Python) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g, R, SAS, MATLAB)
• 6+ years of experience with statistics methods such as forecasting, time series, hypothesis testing, classification, clustering or regression analysis
• 4+ years experience developing production software systems such as data pipelines, deployed machine learning models, or dashboards
• Experience answering big picture questions by framing the question, turning it into an analytical plan, executing and communicating to stakeholders
• Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
• Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD or equivalent experience) in quantitative field
• 4+ years of experience doing complex quantitative analysis and working with distributed (i.e. Hive, Hadoop or similar databases) or highly complex datasets
• 4+ years experience communicating complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• 2+ years experience leading teams of other data scientists
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Remote Research Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Research Data Scientist Roles
Senior Product Data Scientist at Carta
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company’s Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
Our mission is to enable data-driven decisions and products across Carta by collecting accurate data, building scalable infrastructure and delivering advanced analytics. We believe in building a strong data foundation to ensure data quality and to promote self-service across the company. In addition, the data team works on developing proprietary data products using Carta’s rich and unique dataset. The team is split between Data Science/ Machine Learning, Data Analytics, and Data Engineering. We like to partner with each other and with Cartans across the company to get our work done. We constantly think about how we can improve and grow.
The Problems You’ll Solve
As a member of this team, you will partner with business and product teams to use data to accelerate decision making. You will make sure our internal customers have access to consistent metrics and understand their definitions, partner with the rest of the data team to enable self service access to the data they need, and work on reporting and analysis to improve our products. Examples of responsibilities include:
• Partner with business and product teams across the organization to understand business problems and help build data solutions
• Work with Data Engineering team to build and implement data pipelines for new data sources
• Build ML models and deeper analytics with Data Science team using SQL and/or Python to generate insights
• Promote self service for business users and their data requests through Looker or other methods
• Structure and build ETL infrastructure for new products and business lines
The Impact You’ll Have
By partnering with teams within Carta and providing data solutions, you will elevate our decision making and improve our products, operations and business direction. As you continue to build out our analytics toolkit, you will empower others in the organization to make data driven decisions.
Successful candidates in this role are excellent communicators who are always looking for opportunities to use data to make decisions. You have at least 5+ years of analytics experience either in product analytics or data science. You are a self starter who can build relationships across the company, understand how to prioritize your work, is able to partner with members of your team, and understands when data can and should be used to improve Carta. You have excellent attention to detail, are able to communicate with both business and technical team members and don’t mind writing documentation.
Preferred Tech Stack (experience working with the following tools):
• SQL (postgres, redshift)
• AWS / Sagemaker
Example of problems you will solve include:
• Working across multiple teams to standardize, document and generate core metrics for our business and our product
• Re-evaluate Explores in Looker to make sure they are easy to understand and use
• Provide training sessions to teach members of other teams to use Looker
• Generate insights into how new features can impact a product release
• Work with business partners and/or product managers to instrument new initiatives and come up with metrics to measure them
• Collaborate with the rest of the data team to come up with new products based on data
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
For Remote Senior Product Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Senior Product Data Scientist Roles