Products & Solutions – Data Scientist – Sr Associate at PwC
Specialty/Competency: Advisory – Other
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in Products and Technology is an opportunity to bring PwC’s strategy to life by driving products and technology into everything we deliver. Our clients expect us to bring the right people and the right technology to solve their biggest problems; Products and Technology is here to help PwC meet that challenge and accelerate the growth of our business. We have skilled technologists, data scientists, product managers and business strategists who are using technology to accelerate change.
Our team designs, develops and programs the methods, processes, and systems that are used to collect all forms of data and develop models that serve predictions to applications, automated process flows, and stakeholders. A Data Scientist collects domain context from stakeholders, defines hypothesis and prediction tasks, identifies and creates supporting data sources, conducts experiments with various algorithms to model prediction tasks, undertakes validation and tests of models to improve performance, produces pipelines that can be used to automate training and predictions with unseen or production data, identifies meaningful insights from data sources, and contextualizes model outputs to communicate with stakeholders (product owners, process managers, and end consumers).
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
• Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
• Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
• Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
• Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
• Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
• Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
• Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
• Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Additional Educational Requirements :
Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of a degree, demonstrating, in addition to the minimum years of experience required for the role, three years of specialized training and/or progressively responsible work experience in technology for each missing year of college.
Minimum Years of Experience :
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Mathematics, Computer and Information Science, Engineering, Data Processing/Analytics/Science
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success within a professional services environment, in the following areas:
• Programing with any of the following focus: statistical/mathematical languages [e.g., R, SAS, MATLAB], general purpose languages [e.g., Python, Java, Go, Perl], and/or other special purpose languages [e.g., SQL, bash scripting];
• Demonstrating machine learning/predictive modeling, natural language processing, statistical analysis, simulation modeling, and graph analysis;
• Processing large scale data [e.g., Hadoop environment, Apache Spark, elastic cloud compute];
• Processing data analysis workflows [e.g., git, iPython notebook];
• Visualizing data using tools [e.g., D3.JS, Gephi];
• Interpreting problems, synthesize analysis, and present information in a way that is understandable to a non-technical person;
• Working collaboratively on teams with a variety of technical and non-technical skill sets;
• Compiling and presenting complex information using data visualization tools;
• Collaborating and contributing as a team member: understand personal and team roles, contribute to a positive working environment by building relationships with team members, and proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback;
• Identifying and addressing client needs, build relationships with clients, develop requests for information, demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, and communicate potential conflicts to a supervisor;
• Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks, research and analyze pertinent client, industry and technical matters, utilize ability in problem-solving, and communicate effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences – including various levels of management and external clients;
• Coaching and collaborating with colleagues who assist with this work, including providing coaching, feedback and guidance on work performance;
• Understanding how the application of analytical techniques correlate to business value;
• Selecting the appropriate analytical techniques for the problem at hand;
• Working closely with leaders across product functions to design the analytics roadmap and to support and implement high quality data driven decisions and deliverables;
• Developing and implementing quality controls and standards to ensure data integrity and quality; and,
• Leading and providing oversight to a team of data scientist in their approach to data modeling and analysis techniques.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: [Link available when viewing the job] does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: [Link available when viewing the job] qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: [Link available when viewing the job]
For Remote Products & Solutions – Data Scientist – Sr Associate roles, visit Remote Products & Solutions – Data Scientist – Sr Associate Roles
Data Scientist – Hiring Immediately at Columbia Sportswear
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Although we’re an apparel and footwear-focused company, technology is central to everything we do. Columbia Sportswear’s Digital Technology (CDT) group enables an IT infrastructure across four global brands, a global supply chain, and 500+ geographically dispersed stores. These teams support in-store, mobile, and data platforms to enhance customer interface and service in an ever-evolving industry.
The Data Scientist is a member of the Data & Analytics (D&A) team and will support the delivery of innovative analytical solutions to help answer the organization’s pressing challenges and opportunities. This role will focus on developing end-to-end solutions, from prototyping to production-ready complex algorithms. The candidate will utilize advanced analytics to solve complex business problems and integrate findings into business processes. You will have the opportunity to mentor others and help a growing and curious community of analytics practitioner.
HOWYOU’LLMAKE A DIFFERENCE
• Design and build scalable models that leverage best-in-class statistical and machine learning techniques to be integrated into analytics workflows across the business
• Collaborate with other members of the D&A team and business partners in translating business requirements that can be answered with advanced analytics
• Conduct exploratory data analyses and data mining to understand underlying patterns, trends and behavior to highlight opportunities through data to significantly improve business performance across brands, regions, and channels
• Audit existing analytical processes and provide guidance on implementing advanced machine learning capabilities according to industry standards.
• Under minimal supervision, establish and execute plans to build, implement and maintain predictive models using available tools and programming languages. Manage full life cycle of projects
• Collaborate with Data Engineers to validate source data and develop data pipelines that feed into machine learning workflows.
• Translate analytical findings and statistical models into measures of business impact and actionable recommendations
• Drive best practices in applying and deploying Data Science at scale
• A lateral thinker with aptitude to synthesize and create a cohesive picture from a wide variety of information sources
• Extremely organized, detail-oriented, resourceful and flexible
• Able to work and collaborate with cross functional teams, including IT, and manage partner expectations
• A strong communicator that can demonstrate an ability to work with all ranges of an organization to advance Columbia’s Data Science practice.
• An agilest at heart and a team player who enjoys collaboration and thought partnership
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant quantitative field, with a Graduate degree strongly preferred
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a Data Scientist, Statistician or related position
• Hands-on quantitative experience to include data mining, predictive modeling, machine learning, statistical programming, working with both structured and unstructured data
• Demonstrated capability in rapid prototyping and developing end-to-end solutions using complex algorithms
• Broad understanding of core statistical and ML techniques
• Highly proficient in SQL and other statistical programming languages, e.g., R, Python, SAS
• Proficient in the use of visualization tools, Power BI preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Stack preferred
• Solid time-management skills and able to work on multiple tasks or projects concurrently
• Strong interpersonal, written, communication and relationship-building skills
• A plus for experience with MLOps, Deep Learning, and/or big data
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we’ve been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who’s found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For Remote Data Scientist – Hiring Immediately roles, visit Remote Data Scientist – Hiring Immediately Roles
Data Analyst at Deloitte
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? An industry solutions professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Data Analyst, you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. If so, consider an opportunity with Deloitte under our Project Delivery Talent Model. Project Delivery Model (PDM) is a talent model that is tailored specifically for long-term, onsite client service delivery. PDM practitioners are local to project locations, minimizing extensive travel, and provides you with a full career path within the firm.
Work You’ll Do/Responsibilities
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team that plays a key role in the overall success of our organization through technology enablement. You’ll play a critical part in driving our technology vision forward and ensuring that we execute across multiple initiatives.
As a part of the US (United States) Strategy & Analytics Offering Portfolio, the AI (Artificial Intelligence) & Data Operations offering provides managed AI, Intelligent Automation, and Data DevOps services across the advise-implement-operate spectrum.
• A minimum of 2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer, from experimentation and prototyping to deployment.
• Experience with machine learning and deep learning modeling in one or more of the following areas: anomaly detection, forecasting, causal inference, NLP, data mining or content analysis.
• Proficient in software engineering and skillful hands-on implementation with Python and Pyspark.
• Experience in design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release agile software development cycle.
• Proficient with machine learning and deep learning packages and framework.
• Experienced with big data technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark for large scale datasets. Well-versed in SQL languages.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and spoken).
• Ability to work with the multi-location development teams and self-manage own work.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience.
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
• Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
For Remote Data Analyst roles, visit Remote Data Analyst Roles
Lead Specialist, Data Scientist at KPMG
Business Title: Lead Specialist, Data Scientist
Requisition Number: 88290 – 73
Area of Interest:
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority.
With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally.
If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Lead Specialist to join our Federal Advisory practice.
• Lead Data Science and Machine Learning intensive engagements with a primary focus on client delivery and project management of teams with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Business Consultants and translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, in diverse domains (product development, marketing research, supply chain, technology process, and public policy)
• Undertake necessary statistical analysis using Natural Language Processing to mine unstructured data, using a variety of methods (document clustering, topic analysis, names entity recognition, document classification, and sentiment analysis) as part of the overall Machine Learning initiative set forth for the engagement
• Analyze structured and unstructured data, understand and implement algorithms, and support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods form emerging areas in pattern analysis, machine learning, deep learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research
• Lead workshops around emerging technologies in associated areas of Machine Learning, with both business clients and technical clients utilizing processes and best practices to plan, lead, and execute delivery of artificial intelligence engagements across different areas (technology, financial services, emerging tech, government agencies – federal, state, local, and utilities)
• Lead in a fast-paced and dynamic environment utilizing virtual and face-to-face interactions; manage complex work streams, expectations, budgets, deliverables, risks, and multiple responsibilities using structured approaches for operational excellence while communicating results to executive level audiences
• Plan and manage objectives and key deliverables using analytics processes to mitigate risks in data, modeling, validation, and delivery
• A minimum of five years of technical data science experience; U.S. Federal government consulting experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science preferred
• Experience performing data science from data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, and deployment; experience coding artificial intelligence methods using object-oriented programming in a software development process, and ability to restructure, refactor, and optimize code for efficiency
• Expert problem-solving ability through the use and/or development of data science algorithms, models, testing, etc.; ability to utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, Python, Spark, Hadoop and emerging Cloud Capabilities on Azure, GCP and/or AWS; experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms
• Ability to travel as required to support firm engagements
• Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time, which requires U.S. citizenship
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The attached link ( ) contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law.
In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
Sr data scientist at PacifiCorp
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.
General Purpose :
Provides technical leadership on the most complex and business critical engineering projects related to wildfire mitigation, asset performance, and T&D Operations across six states.
Leverages large quantities of data, such as weather, environmental, outage, vegetation, and grid attributes, to inform long term risk analysis and aid in decision making.
Works alongside senior and executive leadership to develop tools and analysis and inform the future of data driven decisions.
Develops presentations for executive leadership and recommends and implements changes to meet company goals. Supports long term grid planning and load forecasting.
Facilitates internal training for engineers and technicians in subject area; acts as company subject matter expert.
The responsibilities of the Sr T&D Data Scientist position include :
• Independently conduct highly complex research studies and technical analyses in areas of specialized data science to support company objectives and enable Transmission and Distribution Operations.
• Work cross-functionally to develop and implement company standards and processes relating to data science and data governance within Transmission & Distribution Operations.
• Work effectively with engineering, operations, dispatch and regulatory teams to analyze complex problems, identify issues, innovate and deliver solutions consistent with schedules established.
• Lead data science projects, processes, or systems over the life cycle of the project, including project identification, scope development, implementation, and long-term operations and maintenance.
• Provide technical expertise across business in the area of data science to support functions such as wildfire mitigation, reliability, and risk within the T&D Operations organization.
• Ability to coordinate or otherwise support fire data analysis and fire investigations.
• Serve as the Company expert in the discipline and provide authoritative consultation and recommendations to senior management.
• Develop detailed computational analysis, including data science, computer modeling, and scripting and tool development, and integrate methods and products within and across company software products.
• Actively participate as company lead in government, industry, collegiate and other applicable associations or work groups which have the ability to influence or set policy impacting the future of our utility.
• Determine methods and techniques for obtaining results.
• Provide leadership to develop data literacy and scripting knowledge across the team.
• Strong customer service focus.
In addition, the responsibilities of the Data Scientist Manager position include :
• Plan and manage the work of the functional group. Lead projects and initiatives. Identify opportunities to leverage data science and predictive analytics to help solve the most critical business challenges.
• Lead the functional team; direct day-to-day activities and provide guidance and recommendations.
• Actively grow, lead, and mentor other data scientists.
• Lead the data science group within T&D Operations to establish, develop, and maintain models, tools, methods, and frameworks for highly complex analytical problems.
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis, model development, model validation, and model implementation.
• Independently conduct highly complex research studies and technical analyses in areas of specialized data science to support company objectives and enable Transmission and Distribution Operations. .
• Provide input into team employee performance reviews. Flag performance and personnel issues for people manager resolution.
The Requirements of the Sr T&D Data Scientist position include :
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Analytics, Data Science, Math, or Physics from an accredited college / university.
• A minimum of 7 or more years’ experience in a power / utility / energy industry or related profession, including experience performing highly technical work of a specialized nature.
• Over 3+ years of experience working with Python (or related language) and associated libraries for machine learning.
• Ability to construct and optimize SQL queries (1+ years’ experience).
• Exceptional technical writing skills.
• Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way through visualizations.
• Ability to review scientific literature and incorporate knowledge into ongoing projects.
• Demonstrated leadership and / or project management skills.
• Expert knowledge of industry best practices for data science and data governance.
In addition, the requirements for the Data Scientist Manager include :
• A minimum of 10 or more years’ experience in a power / utility / energy industry or related profession, including experience performing highly technical work of a specialized nature.
• A minimum of three years of supervisory or functional management experience.
• Ability to construct and optimize SQL queries (3+ years’ experience).
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
• Professional Engineering license.
• MS or PhD in quantitative fields.
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws regulations and electrical codes.
• Experience working in the utilities, risk management, or wildfire mitigation sector.
• In depth knowledge of Bayesian statistics – specifically Bayesian hierarchical modeling.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Azure Machine Learning environment.
• Experience with C#, Spark, or R.
• Experience with time series modeling and forecasting.
• Understanding of the Company’s business and relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
Req Id : 108386
Company Code : PacifiCorp
Primary Location : PORTLAND
Department : Pacific Power
Schedule : FT
Personnel Subarea : Exempt
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 15- 20% of salary.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees.
We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp’s policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities.
In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening
Senior Data Scientist at GENERAL DYNAMICS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Job Family: Data Science
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. Our work depends on a Senior Data Scientist joining our team to support Veterans Administration large data analytic activities. As a Data Scientist, you will be trusted to collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and other Data Scientists to create and execute unique analytic and research methodologies within a large cloud-based analytic environment.
The Data Scientist will provide quality review on analyses and analytic programs to ensure consistency with specifications and collaborate with other team members to identify potential problems with data and/or processes and to take appropriate action to guide the resolution process. This position is within a multi-disciplinary team of Data Scientists, Statisticians, Data Analysts and Subject Matter Experts. Our team is largely remote and distributed throughout the country.
In this role, a typical day will include:
• The Data Scientist will create production code in SAS, R or python in a cloud environment to support VA health care analytics.
• This position will be responsible for creating, reviewing, and maintaining analytic documentation, providing data interpretation and generating reports in support of proposed research questions.
• The Data Scientist will provide quality review on analyses and analytic programs to ensure consistency with specifications and collaborate with other team members to identify potential problems with data and/or processes and to take appropriate action to guide the resolution process.
• This position is responsible for preparing timelines for analytic project management and performs and interprets basic and complex analyses.
• The Data scientist may assist in developing statistical models and provide predictive analytic statistical support effectively communicating statistical and data-related concepts to non-statisticians (managers, researchers in other fields, etc.).
• This position may participate in advanced analytic projects such as machine learning and artificial intelligence as required by the customer to support current contracts or new business opportunities.
• Contributes to the completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
• Develops data-driven solutions to complex business challenges.
• Utilizes advanced tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
• Uses predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, efficiencies, process improvements, and other business outcomes.
• Works with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
• Designs and develops highly advanced processes, which may result in new product/business opportunities for the company
• Education: MS
• 8+ years of experience
• Knowledge of Veterans Affairs Health Care data and analytics
• 5+ years of experience using SAS, R or Python, performing large data analyses and statistical modeling for healthcare research or analytics.
• 5+ years client relation activities, ingesting and synthesizing customer specifications and effectively communicating complex healthcare analytic outcomes to client satisfaction.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
For Remote Senior Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Senior Data Scientist Roles
Data Analyst at Humana
Position: Data Analyst 2
• * Description
• * Do you seek to truly understand complex problems and how to solve them with data? Do you love the idea of taking raw data, turning it into compelling insights, and using the results to make informed decisions? By joining our team, you’ll be a part of a group of analysts that are focused on delivering robust solutions to our business partners, and who play a key role in uncovering hidden insights within huge amounts of data.
• * Responsibilities
• * As part of the Pharmacy Analytics and Consulting team, you will leverage complex data to support modeling and process improvements by using business expertise and analytics. These actionable insights will support our internal partners to drive business strategy and decisions.
Additional responsibilities will include leveraging knowledge of data, applying analytical methodologies, and collaborating and communicating complex results with clinical partners while following established guidelines/ procedures.
You will be expected to exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to solving challenges within both new and evolving assignments, making decisions on moderately complex to complex issues and regularly working without direct guidance.
• * Required
• *+ Bachelor’s degree, preferably in quantitative field+ 1-3 years of data analysis experience or relevant coursework+
Experience with statistical methodologies, exploratory data analysis, and using data to drive business outcomes, strategy, and decisions+ Programming/ Coding Experience (Python, SAS, R, and SQL)+ Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications+ Consultative problem-solving experience+ Excellent written and verbal communication
• * Preferred
• *+ Masters or PhD in quantitative field+ Data visualization platforms such as Power
BI, Qlik View, Tableau, or similar tools.
• * Additional Information
• * LI-ER1
• * Scheduled Weekly Hours
• * 40
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our
For Remote Data Analyst roles, visit Remote Data Analyst Roles
Data analytics consultant at Propeller
Propeller is a management consulting firm with offices in Portland, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Denver – and growing into Dallas and Minneapolis.
Propeller may be for you if you love taking on difficult challenges and delivering creative solutions. When you dont have all the answers, youll roll up your sleeves and dig in to find them.
You are curious. You thrive in the unknown. You have the grit and tenacity to continue moving projects forward while guiding leaders and project teams through ambiguous challenges.
At Propeller, you will :
• Collaborate with a network of highly skilled consultants to solve client analytics problems and deliver high impact projects in the data space , such as data engineering and insights, business intelligence systems and data warehouse implementations, and data strategy (learn more about our full suite of services )
• Play an active role in growing Propeller’s Data & Analytics practice by gathering client and market information through interviews, surveys, workshops, and market research, capturing and translating complex business issues and requirements into structured solutions, and continuously developing knowledge of emerging technology and analytics techniques
• Support our clients in developing their data strategy by understanding and articulating data challenges, in collection management and cleanliness of data, building data models, gleaning insights, and identifying trends to drive better business outcomes
• Understand and articulate technology options available in data management, analytics development, requirements, data science options, and data visualizations , all aiming for data driven decision making
• Communicate clearly and concisely while delivering presentations and written communications to large stakeholder audiences and executive leadership teams
• Manage projects confidently yet carefully with incomplete information; bring structure where there is ambiguity
• Anticipate and resolve stakeholder resistance and other risks, in order to bring others along to a desired outcome
• Develop a trusted client partnership by listening to unspoken concerns and seeking to understand the clients business and environment as a whole
• Grow with Propeller by supporting internal initiatives to uplift our people, processes, and market presence
• Cultivate new skillsets based on your own professional development goals utilizing the learning and development budget provided by Propeller
• Work where you live; all our consultants work locally with no travel required
You have :
• 7-12 years of experience in Business Intelligence or Information Management, preferably within a consulting environment
• Demonstrated ability to create and drive roadmaps for analytics projects and to develop an organizational data strategy
• Working knowledge of programming languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
• Experience applying statistical principles and knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practice
• Experience with various delivery methodologies in technology environments; Agile preferred
• Knowledge of big data and / or machine learning concepts is a plus
• Strong presentation, communication, and facilitation skills
• Career history that demonstrates progressive responsibilities and accountability
• Natural curiosity, creativity and humility
• Demonstrated proactiveness and perseverance in complex environments
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or related field; MBA , Masters Degree in Business Analytics or related concentrations, and / or relevant certifications a plus
• The ability to demonstrate a legal right to work in the U.S.
A wide variety of backgrounds and experiences may be aligned to the work we do. If you believe you have experience with the above, even if your role titles did not necessarily use the same words, we encourage you to apply.
All of our applications are read by a real person, and your background and experience will be assessed holistically.
We believe in fairly and equally compensating our employees for their time and experience. We do that by offering a competitive salary, uncapped bonus eligibility, an employee stock ownership program and many other benefits.
There is a wide range of salaries based on years of experience, specific skillsets, anticipated marketability to Propellers clients;
the base compensation range for this position is $89,000 to $146,000. Specific ranges will be discussed in the later stages of a candidates interview process.
A successful interview process typically spans across four interviews, which can take 4 6 weeks from the date of application.
Applications received now will be considered for start dates in late fall or early winter.
Propeller employees are working in a hybrid environment with the flexibility to work from home, their local Propeller office, or their client site as needed.
Some client engagements require more in-person time than others. When making assignments, we are prioritizing employee choice and flexibility, so we are willing to help our employees negotiate an arrangement that works for them.
Permanent remote work arrangements are not planned for Propeller employees.
If you are interested in more than one location, you do not need to submit multiple applications. Submit one application for your preferred location and if your preference changes during the interview process, please let us know.
Other Details :
Propeller requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Propeller provides reasonable accommodation based on disability or religion in accordance with applicable law.
Propeller is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We are committed to attracting, developing, and advancing the most talented individuals regardless of their race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or any other dimension of diversity.
Data Scientist Portland OR at Pacificorp
General Purpose Provides technical leadership on the most complex and business critical engineering projects related to wildfire mitigation. Facilitates internal training for engineers and technicians in subject area; acts as company subject matter expert. Develops presentations for senior management and recommends and implements changes to benefit the company. Develops engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of the Company’s generation, transmission, distribution, telecommunication, or other utility facilities/systems.Responsibilities Independently conduct highly complex engineering research studies and technical analyses in areas of specialized expertise not commonly available or obtainable in the competitive engineering market. Ability to work effectively with engineering, operations, dispatch and regulatory teams to analyze complex problems, identify issues, innovate and deliver solutions consistent with schedules established. Lead or support project teams in the development of critical wildfire mitigation solutions. Provide technical expertise across business in the area of wildfire mitigation and data analysis. Ability to coordinate or otherwise support fire data analysis and fire investigations. Serve as the Company expert in the discipline and provide authoritative consultation and recommendations to senior management. Develop detailed computational analysis, including data science, computer modeling, and scripting and tool development, and integrate methods and products within and across company software products. Ensure analysis data and programming code meet regulatory and company standards and are consistently structured to extend across toolsets for efficient programming, reporting and code review Participate in government, industry, collegiate and other applicable associations or work groups which have the ability to influence or set policy impacting the future of our utility. Determine methods and techniques for obtaining results. Lead technical/project manager for wildfire mitigation based technical projects required by regulations including annual California Wildfire Mitigation Plans. Strong customer service focus. Requirements Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Analytics, Data Science, Math, or Physics from an accredited college/university. A minimum of 10 or more years’ power/utility engineering experience as a practicing engineer, including experience performing highly technical work of a specialized nature; and A minimum of 5 years of experience in data mining and data exploitation including: Coding knowledge and experience in one or more languages (Java, C, C++), Scripting knowledge and experience in one or more languages (R, Python, Bash, Spark), Some knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques, Big Data Querying from one or more languages/platforms (SQL, NoSQL, R, Graph), Experience using libraries of advanced analytics techniques (statistics, machine learning, calculus, etc.), Experience using one or more 3rd party analytics tools (such as PowerBI), Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders. Project management and leadership skills including the ability to work as a team member, maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments. Ability to perform effectively in high-pressure situations while maintaining focus and calmness. Highest level of communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations. Preferences Project Management Professional (PMP) designation. Professional Engineering license. Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws regulations and electrical codes. Understanding of the Company’s business and relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
For Remote Data Scientist Portland OR roles, visit Remote Data Scientist Portland OR Roles
NSF Data Science Project Coordinator at Lewis & Clark
• Attention Current Lewis & Clark College Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into Workday and click on Talent and Performance to apply internally.
• Working at Lewis & Clark CollegeThe campus is located on 137 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in Portland’s southwest hills.
• Our strong commitment to sustainability is reinforced through recycling programs, energy conservation, alternative transportation options, and farm to fork initiatives.
• For benefit-eligible positions, we offer a competitive that includes options for health, dental, vision, tuition, life insurance, retirement and more.
• Lewis & Clark College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
• Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
• All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
• The position will manage logistical and program needs, plan and implement events, coordinate with U Arizona to execute assessment and assist with strategic planning to help the work we do result in sustainable structures to support data science at Lewis & Clark and beyond.
• help supervise tutorsprovide in-depth support to students who are serving as peer tutors for projects in the DSC grant.
• This may involve support in understanding R coding, troubleshooting issues with student coding work.
• (10%) Organize logistics of workshops: Coordinate spaces and timing for workshops for Instructor training (Aim 3) and 6-12 teaching training in the summers.
• (10%) Keep current on scholarship of data science pedagogical best practices, share resources with the collaborative members of the team, and participate in conversations about emergent understanding of best practices.
• Directions for Cover LetterPlease upload your cover letter on the My Experience screen in the resume section.
• Lewis & Clark College adheres to a nondiscriminatory policy with respect to educational programs, activities, employment, and admission.
• We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, sex, religion, age, marital status, national origin, the presence of any physical or sensory disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
• The Associate Vice President of Human Resources has been designated to handle inquiries regarding employment- and disability-related non-discrimination policies.
• Title IX inquiries may be directed to the Title IX coordinator or deputy Title IX coordinatorsReasonable AccommodationFederal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
• Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
• Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
• Background CheckLewis & Clark College will conduct a background check on the finalist, which will include a criminal record check.
• If a conviction is discovered, a determination will be made whether the conviction is related to the position for which the individual is applying or would present safety or security risks before an employment decision is made.
• A criminal conviction does not necessarily automatically bar an applicant from employment.
• Eligibility to WorkIn order to comply with US Homeland Security Department regulations, all employees must complete an I-9 form in Workday prior to or no later than the first day of work and bring originals (no photocopies) of their supporting documentation to Human Resources no later than the 3rd business day of employment.
• Failure to have a completed I-9 form on file with the College will result in immediate termination of employment.
For Remote NSF Data Science Project Coordinator roles, visit Remote NSF Data Science Project Coordinator Roles