Data Scientist at Trusaic
Location: Los Angeles
Trusaic is a regulatory compliance software company focused on creating better work environments, for everyone. Our mission is to help organizations create authentic change, whether that be by achieving pay equity, fostering a more diverse and inclusive workforce, increasing bottom lines, or offering more affordable healthcare.
Every day we wake up driven to make the working world a better place. If you’re interested in working in an environment where your individual contributions make a big impact, then Trusaic is the place for you.
Our culture: A culture fit is arguably one the most important aspects of a job opportunity. At Trusaic we pride ourselves in the people who make up our small, but growing team. We wear multiple hats and we help each other because the collective good of our company is made up by our individual efforts. We’re always looking to improve our processes and no workday is the same. We have a collaborative spirit, passionate hearts, and strong minds.
We celebrate each other’s company during group events, luncheons, trivia, happy hours, lunch and learns, and a whole lot more. At Trusaic, we fully subscribe to the work hard, play hard motto.
Overview of role: We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to contribute to the continued expansion of our product offerings focused on furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. The successful candidate will be proficient in coding and quality testing while also feeling comfortable interpreting statistical results, translating those results for non-technical audiences, and presenting those translated results to management and to our clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrated proficiency in writing, running, and interpreting R code and output;
• Ability to interpret data, translate, and present findings;
• Conduct research to identify and apply relevant R packages for accomplishing programming objectives;
• Independently construct and perform data checks;
• Extensively document own code;
• Carefully review own work before submitting for further review;
• Debug own code and the code of others;
• Construct test cases for own code and code of others;
• Filter, sort, compute summary statistics, pivot tables and merge data in spreadsheets;
• Rapidly revise code in response to changes in product specifications;
• Troubleshoot and propose workarounds to development roadblocks;
• Perform regular updates to maintain current base R and libraries on your computer;
• Work within the git version control system;
• Accurately estimate task completion dates;
• Provide frequent, timely updates to task progress at agreed-upon times;
• Meet agreed upon deadlines.
• Master’s degree in quantitative subject e.g., mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or Bachelor’s degree in same with 5 years work experience in a quantitative field
• Successfully completed coursework in probability and statistics, including linear and logistic regression, maximum likelihood estimation, hypothesis testing, model assessment and selection, Bayesian inference, Monte Carlo methods
Career advancement: Our products rely heavily on some of the most topical and challenging issues in the world. From healthcare to closing the gender/race gap, we work in a fast-paced environment where things are changing all the time. Given the nature of our products, opportunities for growth, both personally and professionally, present themselves regularly.
With the right attitude, mind-set, and work ethic, anything is possible here. If you want to make a difference in the world, are dedicated to career growth, and dream big, then Trusaic is the place for you.
Trusaic offers a competitive benefits package, including:
• Competitive Pay
• Group Healthcare Plan
• 3 Weeks PTO
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Parking or Metro Reimbursement
• Monthly Luncheon
• Company Events & Activities
• Company Training
• Career Advancement Opportunities
For Remote Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Data Scientist Roles
Learning Data Scientist at Western Governors University
Location: Los Angeles
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities – List of significant responsibilities and essential duties that must be completed in order to achieve the objectives of the position
Defines analytic projects in a way that delivers business value to the University
Identifies needs and creates novel analytic projects (rather than simply responding to requests)
Analyzes and interprets diverse sets of educational data using a variety of statistical methods
Uses SQL, Python, R, or Scala to clean, manipulate, and transform data for analysis
Reports, explains, and presents statistical analyses to the most senior leadership teams using graphs, charts, and tables
Applies understanding of learning science to develop methods for measuring student learning and engagement
Uses understanding of data collection to design and implement new methods of measurement
Stays informed of emerging trends in learning science, learning analytics, and data science
Clearly communicates with users to assess needs and requirements for data products
Designs and maintains Tableau dashboards
Pitches value of potential data products using functioning proofs-of-concept
Works across academic colleges and programs to provide valuable data-informed insights on trends of performance metrics
Required Education and Experience – Minimum education and/or prior experience qualifications, required certifications, etc.
Master’s degree in learning science, data analytics, behavioral or cognitive psychology, statistics, or a closely related field
5+ years of experience in data analysis and visualization
1+ years building dynamic, interactive dashboards
3+ years working with relational databases
Required Skills – Required proficiencies, specialized knowledge, technology skills, etc.
Strong written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to explain the significance of data and trends to stakeholders
Ability to manage multiple, competing tasks independently while working in a team environment
Ability to provide mentoring to more junior team members
Work with outside vendors and internal teams to improve data availability and quality
Ability to use SAS, R, or Python to run multivariate and other statistical analyses
Ability to create data dashboards and visuals using a tool like Tableau
Ability to create datasets for analysis & reporting using SQL, Python, R, or Scala.
Ability to explain analysis results to non-technical audience
Ability to manage multiple ongoing data projects
Preferred Qualifications – bi-lingual, preferred certifications, preferred field of study, etc.
Special Requirements – Travel requirements, ability to work nights/weekends, etc.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
For Remote Learning Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Learning Data Scientist Roles
Senior Data Scientist at Jobot
Location: Los Angeles
Fast growing startup hiring data scientists fully remotely
This Jobot Job is hosted by Jordan Goulding
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button and sending us your resume.
Salary $170,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are a well funded startup growing rapidly in the cloud analytics space!
Why join us?
Machine Learning Skills
• Experience fusing edge and cloud data
• Experience with predictive modeling
• Experience deploying ML models on the cloud
• Fluency in 2 or more Python, SQL, R
• Experience working with GIS, AIS, and other location data
• Experience with satellite image data
Cloud Data Skills
• AWS/enterprise cloud experience
• Snowflake/data lake experience
• SiSense/enterprise BI experience
• BA/BS in an analytical discipline
• MS in mathematics, computer science, data science, or equivalent work experience
• 2-4+ YOE in a data science role in the following areas biotechnology/life sciences, data science, quantitative finance, rideshare, social sciences
• Position Type Full-time, salaried
• Location remote
• Sponsored No
• Equity Eligible
• Benefits Unlimited PTO, 401K matching, medical, dental, vision, life insurance
• Travel Domestic & International 0-25%
Senior Data Scientist – Remote at Panasonic
Location: Los Angeles
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place-one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
What Youll Get to Do:
You will work in a team of data science and Business Intelligence professionals to expand our internal and customer-facing reports, analytics and applications through quantitative analysis and data engineering techniques. You are expected to be an independent and self-driven data scientist who excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment building high quality, high performance and scalable data science models and pipelines. Candidate must be in the United States.
What Youll Bring:
Master of Science in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or related quantitative discipline.
3 plus years experience working on statistics and ML algorithms that can turn into cloud-based applications or useful organization reporting.
3 plus years of experience with R, Python, Scala and Excel statistical and AI/ML packages.
2 plus years of SQL database and data lake experience, preferably using cloud services like Azure Synapse, Snowflake, BigQuery or Redshift.
2 plus years of experience using data modeling and visualization tools like PowerBI, Qlik, or Tableau.
Deep understanding of how to transform raw data to create insights that enhance business decisions and customer experience.
Extensive hands-on experience with Machine Learning patterns, such as NLP, Pattern Recognition, Anomaly Detection, Clustering, Neural Networks.
A mathematical, statistical and probability inclination and deep understanding of these concepts.
Ability to translate algorithms into production-ready analytical services in the cloud.
Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams.
Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
Love of continuous learning from work and external resources.
Strong knowledge of Azure services.
Experience with Azure ML, Tensorflow, SageMaker, Spark/Databrick or the like.
Experience with DevOps and testing automation.
Experience with Agile/Scrum project framework.
What We Offer:
Competitive compensation package
Paid Parental Care Leave
Employee Referral Program
Flexible Work Program
Volunteer time Off
Casual Dress Code
Data Scientist, NAMR People Team at Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
Location: Los Angeles
WHAT YOU’LL DOWe are looking for a passionate and talented Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing People Analytics team. As a key part of the team’s Data Science cadre, you will work with our Lead Data Scientist, Data Engineers, Business Analysts, and our People team to develop the next generation of People analytics solutions and automate existing reporting, applying a wide variety of techniques, including but not limited to data mining, forecasting, optimization, NLP, and machine learning. You will be a key player in the team’s evolution, responsible for the development of ethical, deployable, scalable, and maintainable data science solutions. These solutions will have high exposure to leadership and massive impact by improving BCGers’ lives, further solidifying BCG as the employer of choice, and growing BCG as a business. Examples of common activities include: Identifying opportunities to add business value using data, analytics, and predictive models Structuring analytics projects into a logical sequence of Agile stories Working closely with data engineers to identify required data sources, engineer valuable features, operationalize data pipelines, and ensure compliance with data governance and security requirements Designing top-tier algorithms that are both unbiased and explainable Creating and deploying scalable solutions by leveraging ML Ops best practices Partnering with data analysts and visualization expert to create products and dashboards that enable stakeholders to easily use data insights and model predictions to make timely business decisions Measuring impact of our products through experimentation and testing Your responsibilities will evolve over time as the needs of the business evolve.YOU’RE GOOD ATTranslating desired business outcomes into analytics solutions and are excited to positively impact BCG through People Analytics Being a perceptive consultant, able to spot challenges and creatively develop creative solutions Identifying data and privacy risks and eliminating them through use of responsible AI principles Distilling complex results or processes into simple, clear visualizations and explaining sophisticated data concepts in an understandable manner, both verbally and in writing Working in a fast-paced, iterative, and service-oriented environment and interacting directly with stakeholders on new features for future product releases Brainstorming and working jointly as a team, but you can also own your work and drive activities independently. You seek feedback and development and take ownership of mistakes. You are skilled across the Data Science lifecycle: Extracting data from cloud data storage, offline sources, and web scraping, when necessary Experienced in Python for Data Science (e.g., in an IDE such as PyCharm – not just in Jupyter) Data cleansing, wrangling, and feature engineering, often with the challenge of sparse data Choosing the best machine learning method, and can articulate their benefits and drawbacks Working and technical knowledge of data science methods, such as clustering, dimensionality reduction, KNN, regression, tree-based models, SVMs, time series, and neural networks – optimization and natural language processing are a plus Building algorithms using packages such as Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, Keras, and NLTK ML Ops: Unit testing, Model versioning, deployment and monitoring, and automated re-training Testing data, features, and models for biasYOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)In addition to the skills/strengths identified above, the Senior Engineer must have: Master’s degree in Data Science, Analytics, or relevant field 2-4 years of experience delivering analytics solutions in a commercial setting Commercial experience deploying and monitoring of machine learning algorithms (ML Ops) Experience working with Agile development methodologies and ceremonies YOU’LL WORK WITHYou will work on the Advanced Analytics cadre within the NAMR People Analytics Team. You and your colleagues will combine innovative skillsets in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. Along with this cadre, you will work with the Business Analytics and Enablement cadre to own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing, building, and deploying of analytics solutions, and training colleagues and clients on innovative solutions. You will also work closely with the global Data Factory team, members of the NAMR People Team, and analytics colleagues in other regions. You will have significant exposure to and help drive impact on behalf of the North America Leadership Team (NALT). Depending on your project mix at a given time, you will work closely with specific colleagues in functions, geographies, or business units to drive priorities forward. WHO WE AREBCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible-and unlocking your potential to advance the world.BST is the operational heart of our business and is invaluable to our success. Roles such as finance, human resources, risk, and IT, help propel BCG forward. BST employees support the core of the organization and provide outstanding value to the business. As a BST member, you will work with inspiring, talented, dedicated, and curious colleagues in an energizing, fast-paced environment in which people are treated with respect and help one another to succeed. Working at BCG provides you with the opportunity to grow through interesting and challenging work and to have an active voice in your personal career development.EQUAL OPPORTUNITYBoston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.PDN-969979b5-2d4a-43a5-b997-c7522dc61252
For Remote Data Scientist, NAMR People Team roles, visit Remote Data Scientist, NAMR People Team Roles
Data Scientist – Logistics at Allstate
Location: Los Angeles
The Data Science team at Allstate Roadside maximizes the marketplace efficiency of our services though influencing the supply and demand of rescues and rescue providers in real time. This involves developing a fundamental understanding of the rescuer behavior in a rapidly changing market, creating dynamic pricing strategies that can influence the supply of rescue providers in an area that is seeing a surge in demand. This ensures our customers enjoy the highest customer service while our rescue providers are able to maximize their earnings.
This Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer Python role is responsible for leading the use of data to make decisions. This includes: the development and execution of new machine learning predictive modeling algorithms, the coding/development of tools that use machine learning/predictive modeling to make business decisions, searching for and integrating new data (both internal and external) that improves our modeling and machine learning results (and ultimately our decisions), and discovery of solutions to business problems that can be solved through the use of machine learning/predictive modeling.
• Work on optimizing Real Time dispatch systems and build scalable solutions to solve challenging problems.
• Contribute to entire life cycle of machine learning models from ideation to deployment, monitoring and retraining.
• Work on variety of data sets in a cloud analytics environment, crunching millions of samples in creative ways to discover new insights and operationalize powerful solutions
• Collaborate with engineering teams to design and implement software solutions for data science problems.
• Understand ambiguous business problems and convert them into data science solutions ie create insights, decisions, white papers and models.
• Develop deep understanding of the business. Research solutions to recommend strategies that impact key organization metrics. Learn quickly and adapt to changing business need
• Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance.
• Master’s or PhD, preferred, with 2 or more years of experience.
• Bachelors and 5 or more years of experience.
• Hands-on experience in implementing, maintaining, and running machine learning models in production in Python.
• Experience using SQL to pull data.
• Experience working with ML frameworks such as SkLearn, XGBoost, and Tensorflow.
• Previous work doing Big Data Processing using Spark a plus.
• Experience designing experiments and ability to infer causal relationships a plus.
• Experience with operations research a plus.
• Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise.
For Remote Data Scientist – Logistics roles, visit Remote Data Scientist – Logistics Roles
Senior Data Scientist, Product at PayPal
Location: Los Angeles
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
• Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
• Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
• Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
• NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal Inc. seeks Senior Data Scientist, Product in Los Angeles, CA:
Job Duties: Lead and manage analytics functions for the Platform product team applying analytics, automation, and data science best practices. Conduct rigorous data analysis to help improve customer experiences and identify profitable growth opportunities. Improve product experiences for customers using data science techniques. Leverage the Objective & Key Results (OKR) framework to identify product metrics and monitor product performance through dashboards and ad hoc analysis. Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, and marketing teams to build world-class products and design hypothesis-driven experiments; make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on test results. Present findings and recommendations to senior-level and non-technical stakeholders.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Business Analytics, Mathematics or a closely related field plus three years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation.
Special Skill Requirements:
(4) Google Cloud Platform or other Cloud Platforms
(5) DBT or any other ETL tools or data wrangling experience
(6) Machine Learning
(7) A/B Testing
(8) Objective & Key Results
(9) Tableau or any BI tool
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset-you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com .
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
For Remote Senior Data Scientist, Product roles, visit Remote Senior Data Scientist, Product Roles
Senior Data Scientist, NLP, Communication Platform at Carvana
Location: Los Angeles
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to…
• Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
• Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
• View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
• Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
• Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
• Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
• Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
• Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the people that already do.
About The Team And Position
The Conversational AI team is a talented and humble group of people with backgrounds in Data Science, Engineering, Product, and Design that are focused on Human Computer interaction (HCI). Our core product is a communication platform that car buyers, sellers and Carvana Advocates rely on every day for a seamless car shopping experience. We focus immensely on the end-consumer and build our systems ground-up to deliver on that experience. We do so by researching and prototyping new advancements in NLP and by working as a team to deploy new features and services to production.
As a core member of the data science team, you will have the opportunity to build or improve our document understanding pipeline as well as various components of a modern chatbot. You will work across many areas of Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision to power products that make it easier for customers and advocates to find answers to their questions. You’ll own and contribute to creating text/document classification, entity extraction, speech recognition, search and information retrieval, question answering, response or content generation models as well as evangelize their usage in Carvana’s broader product offerings. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Software Engineering, Product and Experience teams to deliver impact on every aspect of the purchase process, from search to vehicle delivery.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Research, develop, and own our document AI (classification, information extraction, fraud detection) models to reduce the cost of the document validation process
• Develop entity recognition models to help with better understanding of customers’ search queries
• Contribute to improving search and question answering models to help our advocates find relevant answers and content from hundreds of training documents and providing a better service to our customers
• Research and apply SOTA techniques and algorithms in NLU and NLG for creating a smarter AI assistant that answers thousands of customer questions about the car-buying/selling/financing life-cycle
• Work with our Data and Engineering teams to couple front-end systems with back-end data and ML inference services
• Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers, and data scientists
What You Should Have
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer.
• Masters degree in a relevant field (engineering or science) with research experience.
• Extensive experience in building models using Deep Learning & ML frameworks and libraries such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-learn, SpaCy, NLTK.
• Experience with NLP, transformer-based models (such as BERT, GPT, or T5), entity extraction or document AI.
• Experience with SQL and relational databases and cloud APIs (e.g., GCP, AWS, Azure).
• Experience with productionizing models, MLOps, Docker and Kubernetes.
• Understanding of algorithms and data structures and their real-world use cases.
• Self-starter with a love for diving into data, building proof of concepts, and understanding how to incorporate the latest research into solutions.
It would be great if you also had
• Knowledge of or experience with computer vision, dialog systems, speech recognition, reinforcement learning
• Experience with Scala
• Ph.D in a STEM or related field
What does our growth have to do with you?
Only everything. Are you not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? You should still give it a shot! Research shows that men will apply to a job when only meeting 60% of the requirements, whereas women and members of other systematically marginalized groups typically only apply when they meet every single requirement. At Carvana, we’re builders. We build tools, business, and our people. We value diversity in backgrounds and thought, so take a shot and apply! Please highlight some of your accomplishments in your resume and cover letter so we can talk about how you can grow with us.
What We’ll Offer In Return
• Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
• 401K with company match.
• A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
• A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
• Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
• A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
• A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For Remote Senior Data Scientist, NLP, Communication Platform roles, visit Remote Senior Data Scientist, NLP, Communication Platform Roles
Data Scientist / Senior Data Scientist, Analytics at DoorDash
Location: Los Angeles
About The Team
The Analytics team is looking for experienced Data Scientists and Senior Data Scientists to guide measurement, strategy, and tactical decision-making across the company across a variety of teams and levels. Data Scientists at DoorDash work to uncover insights and turn them into relevant recommendations, driving decisions for the entire organization. Analytics is integral to all operational areas at DoorDash.
Please apply here for all non-managerial levels within the following analytics teams:
• Growth – Consumer
• Growth – Marketing
• Logistics & Platform
• Merchant & Sales
• New Business Verticals
• Operational Excellence – Customer Experience
• Operational Excellence – Fraud
About The Role
As a Data Scientist at DoorDash, you’ll use your quantitative background to mentor other scientists and dive into large datasets to guide decision-making. We tackle a multitude of exciting challenges including customer acquisition, fraud and support, marketing, balancing supply and demand, new city launches, marketplace efficiency, and more. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, and have experience using analytics to affect revenue, growth, operations or beyond, we’re looking for someone like you!
You’re excited about this opportunity because
• Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
• Build full-cycle analytics experiments, reports, and dashboards using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools
• Work alongside and mentor junior analysts on how to use more advanced methods and solve challenges
• Produce recommendations and use statistical techniques and hypothesis testing to validate your findings
• Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, and long-term trends
• Identify and measure levers to help move essential metrics and make recommendations
• Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
• Report against our goals by identifying essential metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
• Collaborate with engineering to implement, document, validate, and monitor our logging
We’re Excited About You Because You Have…
• A degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar domain
• 5+ years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
• Experience working with funnel optimization, user segmentation, cohort analyses, time series analyses, regression models, etc
• Expertise of SQL queries, ETL, A/B Testing, and statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
• Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Looker, Tableau)
• The insight to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
• The determination to initiate and lead projects to completion in a scrappy environment
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
For Remote Data Scientist / Senior Data Scientist, Analytics roles, visit Remote Data Scientist / Senior Data Scientist, Analytics Roles
Senior Data Scientist – Remote at Kantar
Location: Los Angeles
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. To start a career that is out of the ordinary, please apply . Job Details
Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
Job Location: Remote – USA. The candidate can be based anywhere in USA
Kantar is the world’s leading marketing data and analytics company. We have a complete, unique and rounded understanding of how people think, feel and act; globally and locally in over 90 markets. By combining the deep expertise of our people, our data resources and benchmarks and our innovative analytics and technology, we help our clients understand people and inspire growth.
Our profiles colleagues are the experts in helping clients connect with people. This includes survey design, sampling, profiling, data integration and activation for programmatic campaigns. Their single access point to 88 million deeply profiled research-ready respondents enables clients to build rich profiles of their target audience and access immediately actionable data.
• Design, develop, test, advocate, evangelize and build data-driven modeling approaches
• Assess the effectiveness and performance of modeling and data enhancement techniques
• Perform feature analysis and selection
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement data engineering, models and monitor outcomes
• Build utility code and handle miscellaneous support tasks
• Documenting projects and maintaining project documentation
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
• 6+ years experience working with and creating data architectures
• Experience with artificial intelligence, natural language processing, machine learning
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques: Supervised/Unsupervised/semi-supervised Learning, SVM, Tree-based Methods, Neural Networks, Naive Bayes, k-NN, time-series, NLP, feature engineering, hyperparameters optimization, data visualization
• (Python, SQL, etc.) and conventional data science toolkits, such as PANDAS, Weka, NumPy
• Experience with SQL and databases
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with Object-oriented modeling
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Project management
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
We provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package, including
• Medical plans with comprehensive, affordable coverage for a range of health services
• Health Savings Account/FSA
• Dental, Vision and benefits to cover unique healthcare needs
• Wellness Program
• 401k with matching
• Tuition Reimbursement, Commuter benefits
• Unlimited PTO
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver. We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us. We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted, and are allowed to flourish in a space where their mental health and wellbeing is taken into consideration. We want to create a more diverse community to expand our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking and better commercial outcomes.
At Kantar, the diversity of our employees provides a richer environment for our employees and broader depth and breadth of thinking for our clients. Kantar is committed to inclusion and diversity; therefore, we welcome applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status or any other legally protected characteristics.
PRIVACY DISCLOSURE: Please note that by applying to this opportunity you consent to the personal data you provide to us to be processed and retained by The Kantar Group Limited ( Kantar ). Your details will be kept on our Internal ATS (Applicant Tracking System) for as long as is necessary for the purposes of recruitment, which may include your details being shared with the hiring manager.
The salary range for this role in New York is $ 89,200 – $148,700 . Your final base salary will be determined based on several factors which may include but are not limited to location, work experience, skills, knowledge, education and/or certifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Location New York, Work from HomeUnited States of America
Kantar Rewards Statement
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us.
We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted and are allowed to flourish in a space where their mental health and well being is taken into consideration.
We want to create a more diverse community to expand our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking and better commercial outcomes.
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow.
For Remote Senior Data Scientist – Remote roles, visit Remote Senior Data Scientist – Remote Roles