Data Scientist at Softrams
At Softrams, we take pride in building & delivering human centered digital services for our users and stakeholders. We build small self-reliant teams and empower them to design, develop and deliver products to meet our clients’ business challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities
Softrams’ is seeking a Data Scientist for a position supporting federal clients in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Remote work from the continental U.S. may be possible. The selected candidate will support federal government clients working in a project team environment to conduct analytical research and develop analytical applications that address complex business concerns.
• Engage as a consultant advisor to public sector stakeholders on their business problems and provide technical guidance.
• Determine the nature of analytic problems and requirements, lead analytical research planning, evaluate methods and approaches, and offer recommendations for resolution.
• Apply statistical programming to prepare data, conduct modeling and data mining, and develop visualizations and reporting.
• Design and develop analytic processing and reporting applications and solutions to address business problems.
• Design and develop prototype and pilot solutions for machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions
• Create data dissemination mechanisms /procedures that summarize data in an easy to understand displays and reports and/or otherwise communicate methods and findings.
• Provide technical support to other data scientists in use of statistical methods and software.
• Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, or related quantitative field (business analytics, social sciences, health economics, public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, computer science).
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on analytical product development in a business context, particularly with government-related data.
• Demonstrated expertise identifying the attributes or factors for modeling, preparing data and relevant metrics, applying statistical modeling methods, validating model results, and preparing summary reports and/or interpretative results of findings.
• Experience with data engineering using SQL queries, Spark, and/or python and to extract and transform large volumes of data into a format suitable for analysis.
• Knowledge of machine learning, data mining, text analytics, deep learning, and/or predictive modeling techniques and their appropriate use.
• Expertise in the use of statistical software including SAS, Python, R, and/or Scala to manipulate and analyze data and to build analytical models.
• Experience building data visualizations using Tableau, QuickSight, Python, SAS, R, or similar software, and presenting results / data for stakeholders.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain quality control for one’s own work or the work of others.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams and interacting with clients.
• Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines.
• Ability to coordinate analytic work and support the work of other data scientists.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. This role may require the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
• Knowledge and experience with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS); Medicare, Medicaid, and other public health insurance programs; and administrative or health insurance claims data.
• Experience using cloud-based services and resources (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google cloud) and distributed data and computing tools: Snowflake, Data Bricks, Spark, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, MySQL, etc.
• Experience with ML Operations tools (e.g., MLFlow, Kubeflow, SageMaker, etc.)
• Knowledge of software design and experience developing (programming) and deploying analytical applications or processing systems.
• Experience designing and creating data models and architectures.
• Knowledge of working in a team-based agile work environment with certification in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or the capacity to obtain certification.
• Excellent communication skills and an effective technical writer with the ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way.
• Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
• Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
• Vacation & Sick leaves
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area ( http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ ).
For Remote Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Data Scientist Roles
Director, Data Scientist at KPMG US
Requisition Number: 94324 – 88
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director Data Scientist to join our Growth and Strategy organization.
• Formulate creative Machine Learning or Optimization solutions that leverage client and third party data
• Collaborate with full stack developers, designers and product owners to design and build ML-driven apps
• Architect and train advanced, scalable ML models for the purposes of NLP, Forecasting, Classification among others
• Write and deploy RESTful APIs to support development and host models for inference
• Contribute to knowledge share lunch and learn sessions for the purposes of continuous learning and idea sharing
• Strategize with data science leadership, to determine what areas of ML to focus on next and recommend datasets to acquire based on business need
• Minimum eight years of recent experience as a hands-on Machine Learning Engineer training and fine-tuning Deep Learning models (CNNs, RNN/LSTM/GRUs, Transformers) using modern ML frameworks, such as PyTorch, Keras or TensorFlow; preferred experience in NLP/NLU (NER, Sentiment Analysis, Text Generation)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
• Prior experience writing SQL and Python / R Code for at least five years; preferred experience writing code in Spark or Databricks for ML pipelines and distributed training
• Experience formulating and solving optimization problems using Gurobi or any open-source solver; proficient in MS Azure stack
• Conceptual knowledge of RESTful APIs to deploy models and provide backend data ETL for analytics-based apps
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
For Remote Director, Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Director, Data Scientist Roles
Data Scientist at Genuent
Inspyr Solutions is hiring a Data Scientist. This would be a direct hire opportunity located in Houston, TX. If this is something you might be interested in please send your updated resume to Mike Sabo: (url removed)
Due to client restrictions, we are only accepting those authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
We are currently seeking an experienced data scientist to join the Commercial Data Science department. As part of the Data Analytics team, the data scientist will work closely with the Data Engineering team and business functions to solve oil and gas midstream commercial problems using statistical and advanced machine learning algorithms.
Solve commercial problems end-to-end utilizing fitting data science approaches
Gather and transform internal and external data
Analyze data and create insights
Create, productionize, and maintain machine learning predictive models that address business problems
Participate in strategic planning discussions around data science
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
5+ years of experience solving data science problems
5+ years of hands on experience with machine learning and AI
5+ years of experience developing in Python, R, Pandas, SciKit Learn
2+ years of experience with Tensorflow, PyTorch and other deep learning technologies
1+ years hands on experience with big data systems and technologies including Hive, Drill, MapRDB and InfluxDB
Working experience developing visualizations in Power BI
3+ Years of experience framing real world problems / opportunities as machine learning problems
Understanding of descriptive and inferential statistics
Basic software engineering experience skills – source control, software architecture and design, data structures and algorithms
Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable manner
Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds
Excellent attention to detail
Data Scientist II at Microsoft
Are you passionate about leveraging large volumes of data sets to draw deep insights designed to improve business strategies and customer experience with marketing programs to drive impact?
If yes, then IDEAs (Insights Data Engineering and Analytics) group is looking for a Data Scientist II to work with us with us to leverage the power of data, the skill of analysis, the science of learning to empower our stakeholders with insights on growth levers.
Our team plays a key role in providing data and analytics for Microsoft Security, owns the end to end reporting and owns key data assets utilized for leadership review.
We are hiring in the following locations: Atlanta, Redmond, and fully remote within the U.S.
• Conduct data analyses, deliver insights and learnings on product initiatives for Microsoft’s Security and Compliance products.
• Define, generate, and monitor KPI metrics for different Security solutions and growth initiatives
• Partner with multiple marketing and engineering teams to explore data, design learning plan, and conduct analyses
• Present insights and learnings to key stakeholders / executives with data backed story telling
• Automate reporting and provide exploration capability for reporting users
• Provide thought leadership on Security and Compliance products based on the insights from analyses
• 2+ years of experience analyzing large volumes of data and extracting insights using SQL or SQL-like scripting language
• 1+ years of experience in designing and building visualizations using reporting tool as Power BI
• Strong skills in statistics/machine learning languages and packages such as Python, R, Azure ML
• Experience with Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) analytics
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts
• Attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
• Experience breaking down problems into hypothesis that can be analyzed and validated to drive data driven decisions with strong story telling
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in statistics, data science, applied mathematics, computer science, econometrics or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
For Remote Data Scientist II roles, visit Remote Data Scientist II Roles
Senior Scientist, Data at Robert Half
The Product Manager will oversee the entire lifecycle of public facing digital products from inception to launch, help drive the roadmap of various Digital Operations products, and assist with the vision and strategic direction. This role requires a broad range of skills from market and customer research, designing the product architecture, UI development, UX development, to supply chain planning.
What you get to do every day
– Iterate on information and insights received from end-users from various tools such as analytics tools, user surveys, focus groups, and testing tools that provide feedback on the UI/UX.
– Design a vision and strategy and see it through development to implementation and provide guidance on ongoing support of the digital product infrastructure including connected systems and integrations.
– Find the right solution and implement digital strategy in order to meet the needs of our customers for our next generation digital experience, prioritizing the solution efforts appropriately, and providing oversight for proper integration.
– Turn the key roadmap items into phases and assignments, working with the Project Manager.
– Organization agility and technical skills to navigate and communicate across teams ranging from operations, marketing, and customer service in order to create the best customer journey possible.
– Act as the liaison between consumers and technical teams, communicating consumer needs and translating them into new product features for the team to design and build.- 5+ years experience in digital product management or equivalent.
– Experienced with testing & deployment tools.
– Keen on building great digital products and solving customer and business problems.
– Bachelor’s degree in a related technical area required. Master’s degree preferred.
Principal Data Scientist at Randstad
• job details job summary: The Principal Data Scientist analyses data across the organization and portfolio companies.
• (S)he is responsible for analyzing and deriving insight from data to inform business strategy and create value.
• The Sr. Data Scientist works with Head of Data Science, CTO, CISO, Chief Architect and Partners to integrate the digital business priorities into a strategic and sustainable data strategy.
• Experience and Abilities: strong quantitative skills in Probability, Statistics, Algorithms, Optimization methods and Machine / Deep Learning models.
• strong knowledge of ML DevOps best practices.
• strong communication skills and the ability to effectively discuss models with other data scientists as well as business partners at the appropriate level of technical detail.
• BS, MS / PhD in Computer Science or Applied Science or Engineering Disciplines.
• Energy domain expertise in Exploration & Production and/or Energy Transition & Decarbonization a plus.
• location: HOUSTON, Texas job type: Contract salary: $110 – 120 per hour work hours: 8am to 4pm education: Bachelors responsibilities: Experience and Abilities: strong quantitative skills in Probability, Statistics, Algorithms, Optimization methods and Machine / Deep Learning models.
• qualifications: Experience level: ExperiencedMinimum 4 years of experienceEducation: Bachelors skills: Python (5 years of experience is required)Data Analysis (5 years of experience is required)Machine Learning (5 years of experience is required)PySpark (5 years of experience is preferred)Databricks (5 years of experience is preferred)Natural Language (5 years of experience is preferred)DevOps (5 years of experience is preferred)
For Remote Principal Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Principal Data Scientist Roles
Principal Data Scientist – GSC – US at Sysco Corp
US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Principal Data Scientistwill help drive the development of industry-leading predictive models as part of its Enterprise Analytics Team. Principle Data Scientist will own the technical development of a portfolio of domain-specific predictive models in support of a functional group (Pricing, Merchandising, Supply Chain & Logistics, etc).
There are two primary responsibilities of the Principle Data Scientist:
+ Develop predictive analytics (“hands-on-keyboard”) via statistical, machine learning, and mathematical models on Sysco’s corporate data to get actionable business insights as the technical expert in the portfolio
+ Uphold technical standards in support of the domain-specific portfolio of models that you are accountable for and coach data scientists in technical and design solutioning
+ Lead the technical development of an industry-leading predictive analytics portfolio in support of key functional & business priorities (e.g., demand generation, assortment optimization, supply chain design & optimization)
+ Work with VPs and Sr Directors throughout Sysco to frame business opportunities and develop appropriate analytic strategies. Ensure the appropriate analytical techniques are used to solve those business opportunities.
+ Implement data science models and visualizations using Python, Tableau and open source libraries
+ Attract, train, coach, retain, and motivate a world class team of scientists and engineers
+ Guide multiple projects simultaneously and facilitate mathematical and architecture solutioning
+ Perform regular code reviews and give feedback on approach and coding standards to junior data scientists.
+ Design and execute experiments to validate solutions during product rollout and present results to leadership.
+ Collaborate with cross-functional teams to accelerate and create leverage through various use cases
+ Work with Sysco’s technology teams on data integration to architect, build and continuously improve data assets, which are the foundation of data-driven and customer-centric initiatives
+ Build and maintain a suite of reusable code toolboxes to accelerate data science work
+ Research industry leading analytics practices and recommend continuous improvement opportunities for Sysco
+ Represent Sysco in industry events
Education and / or Experience:
+ Master’s degree + 5 years or PhD + 3 years of industry experience in management consulting, strategy, analytics, at a specialized analytics company or in an analytics organization in a corporate setting.
+ Degree should be in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field; preferred from a top tier University.
+ 5+ years of experience accessing and manipulating data in SQL or NoSQL database environments
+ 4+ years of experience with scientific scripting languages (e.g., Python) and/or object oriented programming (e.g., C++, Java)
+ 5+ years of experience with Bayesian statistics, regression analysis (beyond linear regression), supervised learning, unsupervised learning or timeseries analysis required
+ Must be able to think conceptually, strategically, and creatively with little oversight or direction (i.e. display thought leadership vs. simply “do” or execute something that was developed or directed by someone else)
+ Must have experience initiating, driving and delivering complex analytical projects
+ Able to perform quantitative analysis using appropriate analytical and visualization tools such as Python, Tableau and open source libraries
+ Strong software design and OOP fundamentals (must be functional in nearly any language)
+ Demonstrated experience using machine learning algorithms in a commercial setting
+ High proficiency in the use of statistical packages, understanding advantages and limitations of each
+ Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms
+ Must be very comfortable with numbers and have a solid understanding of various analytical techniques and where they should be best deployed
+ Must have a basic understanding of the latest trends in database systems and technologies that enable advanced analytics including cloud based solutions such as AWS
+ Experience in CPG, Retail and /or Foodservice
+ Experience with Agile Software Development
+ Experience in cloud, enterprise software engineering, and library/toolbox development
+ Inquisitive, innovative, and opportunistic
+ Highly motivated, inspired overachiever
+ Strong communication and interpersonal skills
+ Understanding of end to end process for deploying analytics within a business organization to create value
+ Strategic thinking and business acumen
For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
+ Personal protective equipment and masks provided
+ Temperature screenings
+ Social distancing guidelines in place
+ Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
For Remote Principal Data Scientist – GSC – US roles, visit Remote Principal Data Scientist – GSC – US Roles
Data Scientist 2 – Remote at UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Provider Experience Data Scientist will leverage their expertise in data science and consumer analytics to create transformative data-driven solutions that lead to better consumer experience and higher efficiencies in the UHC Consumer operations domain.
We re looking for someone with advanced proficiency in statistics, model building, validation and deployment, natural language processing and machine learning techniques and a well-developed communication, data storytelling / visualization skill set.
This role is responsible for the creation and evaluation of data science models using advanced statistical techniques and for generating data-driven insights by analyzing structured and unstructured data in the provider analytics domain. Individuals in this role will work closely with junior and senior data scientists and statisticians to deliver solutions across the UHC provider journey spectrum.
By understanding the capabilities, strategies, financial and operational goals of stakeholders, successful individuals in this role will identify opportunities to leverage data science or core analytic solutions to drive higher efficiency and improve customer experience across UHG.
You ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
• Work with vast amounts of data from multiple sources to develop/refine/improve predictive models using advanced Python and machine learning techniques. Significant focus on leveraging the unstructured and structured data from UHC provider journeys
• Deliver high-impact actionable insights to senior leadership and business operations; enable data-driven decision-making across the enterprise to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of UHC Operations, while focusing on provider experience improvement
• Perform exploratory data analysis from structured, unstructured, and diverse datasets; apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement
• Helping source, clean, prepare and verify integrity of data to be used for analysis
• Discover and communicate actionable insights to decision makers. Make presentations to sr. executives and decision-makers
• Partner with various functions to produce innovative and transformative data science solutions which directly contribute to achieving enterprise goals and vision
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• Undergraduate degree in a highly quantitative field
years of hands-on experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) based solution development, using machine learning in general and deep learning techniques
• Demonstrated experience in solving problems like text classification using both supervised & unsupervised techniques, Natural Language Generation (NLU), entity recognition, transfer learning, language modeling and transformer-based architecture
• Advanced proficiency in Python & demonstrated experience in frameworks such as FastAi, Hugging Face & Pytorch
• Advanced proficiency in fine tuning, training, and validating a text classifier algorithm
• Proficient in exploring & analyzing unstructured / text data and conclude findings/insights
• Experience handling terabyte size datasets, diving into data to discover hidden patterns, using data visualization tools, advanced proficiency in SQL
• Advanced proficiency in Excel
• Demonstrated business focus; must excel at connecting business requirements to analytic objectives and to measurable business benefit
• Master s Degree or higher in a highly quantitative field
years of hands-on experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) based solution development, and machine learning techniques
• Experience in any of the following:
Omnichannel strategy, Customer Service Analytics, Call Optimization and Obviation strategy, digital and messaging adoption, Provider behavioral analytics
• Experience with Spark
• Experience with cloud-based analytic services
• Experience with any of the following:
machine learning platforms, data mart development and engineering, advanced statistics, process mining, journey analytics platforms
• Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:
UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Digital Data Scientist at Westlake Chemical Corporation in Houston, TX at Westlake Chemical Corporation
SUMMARY Westlake Chemical Corporation Digital Office operates at the heart of the strategic direction of our business. The Digital Office team drives digital transformation across the enterprise entire portfolio to achieve growth through leapfrogging customer experience and operational excellence. As a member of the Digital Office, the Data Scientist will play a pivotal role in architecting applications to orchestrate a data driven enterprise and develop end-to-end analytics solutions that provide actionable insights in real-time automating manufacturing and routine business process decisions. As a Data Scientist you will leverage innovative data technologies to perform natural language processing, machine learning, statistical inference, classification, clustering, and various predictive analysis to find patterns in large volume of structured and unstructured data for a wide spectrum of business processes and manufacturing processes. You will test and develop predictive models that predict the likelihood of different business outcomes, build prototypes to automate analytics models, design and implement process automation models using artificial neural networks, minimizing human intervention. You have experience in designing and implementing machine learning methods that produce measurable benefits in the areas of autonomous, distributed, and federated machine learning systems. You will work with a variety of infrastructures such as Cloud, Mist, Fog, Edge, On-Premise, SCADA, and IIoT. As a key member to the Digital Office you will define strategies to determine build versus buy decision for digital tools/applications. This includes testing and evaluating solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors, completing case studies, testing and reporting. By Digital or Digitization, Westlake means a combination of technologies, tools, methods, approaches etc. that will enable Westlake to re-architect business processes and business models to achieve superior financial returns or meet the organizations strategic objectives in areas such as safety, sustainability, and business processes improvements and transformations. Digital technologies may include, and not limited to, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Data Science, Robotics, AutoBots, IoT, Big Data, Blockchain, Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality, Social Media/Collaboration, and Mobility. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES May include, but are not limited to, the following:
Assist with identifying what data is available, including internal and external data sources Design and implement end-to-end data analytics and automation solutions using a variety of digital technologies Identify complex problems, develop, and deploy novel prototypes and algorithms to solve them Conducts studies to support product or application development Collaborate cross-functional with business units and functional units to deliver Data Science initiatives and to assist in developing the architecture of digital business processes. This may include augmented reality, predictive and prescriptive maintenance, no-touch order management, platform economy, digital avatar, control systems, robotics applications Identify how data science and Artificial Intelligence can be applied to improve, optimize, and expand Westlake Chemical’s infrastructure across a variety of business and functional domains, with emphasis on long-term and Digital Roadmap Scan technology landscape for relevant Data Science technologies and Artificial Intelligence applications Collaborate to develop Digital Literacy of the enterprise through training citizen data scientists and citizen data analysts. Any additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned. Comply with all Company policies and procedures. Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS Minimum 8 years of data science experience Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Data Science PhD preferred Demonstrated expertise in mathematical modeling and in the development and application of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics to deliver insights from structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data sets with a particular focus on use cases pertaining to chemicals manufacturing and discrete products manufacturing industry Experience in Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Machine Vision, Statistical modeling, time series and frequency analysis Experience in mining large sets of data, designing ETL flows, analyzing transactional, and real-time electronic data Experience in data quality analysis, data cleansing, and data engineering Competency in the use of one or more analytics software languages (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB, IDEA, SPSS), distributed computational frameworks (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark), big data environments (Databricks, Cloudera, AWS EMR), machine learning packages (TensorFlow, Pytorch, Theano etc.) and data engineering frameworks (Hive, SQL, Impala) Experience in the use of deep learning tools to train a variety of neural network architectures (e.g., multilayer perceptron, convolutional networks, transfer learned networks) to develop effective predictive models Experience in helping to establish product requirements, gather data, design experiments, create models, build software and analytics tools, and communicate findings Good understanding of distributed computing and efficient algorithm design Experience with integration techniques, including model regularization, pruning, quantization, bias/vulnerability assessments and performance, latency, accuracy, size of model, throughput, energy efficiency and reproducibility (PLASTER) criteria Familiarity with machine learning as applied to industrial operational data, e-commerce data, customer order fulfillment data, and ability to recognize inconsistencies in data or interpretation Experience in productionizing machine learning models and have good understanding of machine learning model life cycle Experience answering big picture questions by framing the question, turning it into an analytical plan, executing and communicating to stakeholders Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance Strong sense of ownership combined with collaborative approach to overcoming challenges and influencing organizational cultural change Background in manufacturing process industry preferred.
$150K — $200K
Data Science & Machine LearningEstimated Salary: $20 to $28 per hour based on qualifications.
For Remote Digital Data Scientist at Westlake Chemical Corporation in Houston, TX roles, visit Remote Digital Data Scientist at Westlake Chemical Corporation in Houston, TX Roles
Principal Engineer, Data Science at Verizon
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the worldâ€ s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. Weâ€ re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward â€ and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What youâ€ ll be doing .
As a Fraud Data scientist, you will be working with a passionate group of professionals who apply cutting edge AI/ML technology to protect Verizon customer accounts from account takeovers, illegal SIM Swaps, Port Outs etc as well as prevent financial losses resulting from fraudulent activity.
Â Â Lead projects focused on reducing Fraud loss and customer friction involving hands-on data analysis, Machine Learning modeling and other standard data science techniques.
Â Â Translate real world problems into solvable Machine Learning problems leading to actionable insights.
Â Â Respond rapidly to emerging threats, both internal and external, with proactive monitoring and swift deployment of new controls.
Â Â Engage with business partners and collaborate with cross functional teams to define and evaluate business problems, design and implement effective, innovative analytical solutions and models with the right choice of technology and level of complexity for the business challenges.
Â Â Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in large complex data sets. Translate data into insights and utilize that to implement solutions for business problems.
Â Â Apply link analysis to identify hidden connections in the data to proactively detect nascent fraud rings.
Â Â Lead the design and development of ML based anomaly detection and chart overlays.
Â Â Responsible for developing strategies for effective reporting, use graphs, infographics and other tools to visualize data
Â Â Monitor analytics & metrics results and take action.
Â Â Building tools and frameworks to automate data collection.
Â Â Helps define the analytical roadmap, data and technology strategy. Conduct market analysis, research to identify and adopt best in class data science and analytics related technology.
Where you’ll be working .
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What weâ€ re looking for .
Youâ€ ll need to have
Â Â Bachelorâ€ s degree or four or more years of work experience
Â Â Six or more years of relevant work experience
Â Â Experience as a data scientist and preferably worked on a wide array of domains.
Â Â Experience with modeling techniques like Linear Regression, Logistic Regression (Binomial and Multi-Class), Robust Regression, DBSCAN, Text Analytics (NLP), 3 Dimensional Tensor Factorization, Time-Series Analysis, Clustering, Holt-Winterâ€ s Forecasting Technique, Decision Tree Analysis, Boosted Decision Tree Analysis, CNNâ€ s like Resnet, Inception etc.
Â Â Willingness to travel
Even better if you have
Â Â Masterâ€ s degree in Math/Statistics/Computer Science or related discipline.
Â Â Knowledge in Background in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Consulting Reporting, and Business Development
Â Â Experience in Risk management/modeling experience.
Â Â Experience with AWS experience is a plus.
Â Â Knowledge in the background in Statistics.
Â Â Experience in Business Intelligence tools like Qlik, ELK
Â Â Experience with Python (including packages like SciKitLearn, NumPy, pandas)
Â Â Experience with SQL proficiency one or many (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata)
Â Â Knowledge Graph DB knowledge
Â Â Knowledge Programming Language(s): Experience in combinations of SAS, SQL, R, Python, Java
Â Â Knowledge OS/HW: Experience in Linux/Unix open systems, AWS environment
Â Â Excellent communication skills to present complex ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
Â Â Solid experience in writing SQL, stored procedures, query performance tuning preferably on Oracle, PostgreSQL
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (eg, for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
For Remote Principal Engineer, Data Science roles, visit Remote Principal Engineer, Data Science Roles