Principal Data Scientist (Remote) – Houston, TX area ONLY at Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments has new remote opportunities for Principal Data Scientists. While these positions are remote, you are required to live in the Greater Houston, TX area. You’ll have full access to virtual training and learning opportunities, plus dynamic working resources to help you stay connected.
We’re seeking experience in natural language processing, OCR, computer vision, information retrieval, question answering, machine learning, various deep learning related technologies, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
The Purpose of Your Role
This individual will lead high profile data science and artificial intelligence projects working closely with Technology, Product Management, and others across multiple business units and teams to define and develop AI-based solutions. The candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, unpredictable and sometimes ambiguous environment working with current and emerging AI technologies. The assignments will include gathering data from multiple sources, data processing, exploratory data analysis, measurement, unstructured data analysis, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, interpretation of findings, presentation, and system implementation.
The successful candidate will be capable of supporting projects across many areas with the highest degree of quality. They will have a proven record of assuring quality of data gathering and analysis, be a team player who thrives in a high performing work environment and acts with confidence to communicate to all levels
The Skills You Bring
• PhD in Computer Science or other related STEM disciplines with extensive research papers on natural language processing, OCR, computer vision, and information retrieval, OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or similar technical disciplines with 5-10 years relevant professional experience
• Deep understanding of Machine Learning & Deep Learning algorithms
• Knowledge of most of following quantitative fields: Natural Language Processing, OCR, Computer Vision, Information Retrieval, Machine Comprehension, Question Answering, Reinforcement Learning, Knowledge Graph, Causal Inference, and Design of Experiment
• A strong Python and SQL programmer with demonstrated proficiency in data extraction, data engineering, data analysis, machine learning, data modeling and pipeline automation. An ability to write object-oriented solutions and to package together and streamline existing models is preferred
• Solid verbal communication, presentation, and business/industry/scientific technical writing skills with an ability to explain complex data science, statistics, and computer science concepts clearly for a nontechnical audience, comfortable interacting with various levels of management from different functions
• Proficiency in information design with the ability to present and visualize data to foster efficient and effective understanding of the information.
• Experience in Big Data, information retrieval, NLP, OCR, computer vision and questing answering technologies such as BERT/BART, GPT, SQuAD, Snorkel, TFIDF, etc.
• Knowledge of Deep Learning and related tools such as TensorFlow, Keras, MXNET, or H2O is preferred
The Value You Deliver
• Manage and guide data science and data engineering elements of AI projects
• Set a strategic direction for data identification, collection and qualification activities
• Lead data analysis for multiple projects with diverse scope and complex business and technical challenges across several business units and functions
• Develop best practices for data science, considering the full analytical lifecycle
• Develop guidelines for the evaluation of new analytical tools and platforms
• Implement new technologies in a production environment with product, IT, and data engineering teams
• Present reports and findings to senior level technical and non-technical audiences
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
For Remote Principal Data Scientist (Remote) – Houston, TX area ONLY roles, visit Remote Principal Data Scientist (Remote) – Houston, TX area ONLY Roles
Senior Data Scientist, Computer Vision at wm
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Enterprise Analytics & Data Management (EADM) team is part of the Waste Management’s Digital organization. Our mission is to accelerate business growth and drive operational efficiencies by extracting insights from data, predicting business outcomes, and embedding intelligence into business processes. As a member of EADM you will deliver insights and solutions across the organization in areas such as routing, logistics, revenue management, customer experience, people analytics, business operations, and more.
If you’re looking for new challenges that shape the way your organization operates, WM offers a set of unique and innovative use cases for machine learning. Our Machine Learning team tackles major opportunities for operational efficiency and revenue generation at WM and deploys these models across environments where they re-shape the way we work. We are seeking a curious, proactive, and innovative Senior Data Scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate has experience building enterprise-grade computer vision models to automate critical organizational processes.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Applies machine learning, advanced analytical techniques, and critical thinking to solve complex business problems.
• Builds and consolidate data inputs proactively to create and improve models.
• Translate business partners’ needs into data science projects and make technical decisions based on the tradeoff between complexity and value.
• Drives projects collaboratively through the data science lifecycle to include data collection, exploration analysis, model development, validation, through deployment.
• Develops presentations to communicate key messages to senior sponsors, non-technical partners, fellow data scientists, and other stakeholders
• Collaborates with peers and colleagues to continuously improve the team’s capabilities through package development, coding standards, code reviews, and mentorship
• Works with technical partners to deploy models and streamline the process to scale our work
• Programming: compose clean, efficient, and reusable code in Python and/or R.
• Machine Learning / Modeling: understand what types of algorithms to use, their benefits and drawbacks, and how to implement them.
• Computer Vision: create models for image classification, object detection, etc. using custom neural networks, transfer learning, and one-shot learning
• Data Wrangling: write efficient SQL queries from scratch that blend data from a variety of sources in the right form for modeling, analysis, and scoring.
• Statistical Analysis: investigate trends, patterns, and relationships using statistical methods and tests to reach actionable conclusions and understand causal relationships.
• Data visualization : grasp data-ink ratios and bring data-driven stories to life through visuals.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Education and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Engineering).
• 5+ years experience in data science building and deploying models into production.
• Preferred Experience
• Graduate Degree (Masters or PhD) in a quantitative field.
• Proficiency using git for version control, collaboration, and releases.
• Built models for Natural Language Processing (NLP).
• Expertise with cloud services like AWS (SageMaker, S3, Redshift, etc.) and Snowflake.
• Developed packages for models, tools, or open source to scale your work.
• Built dashboards for visualizing model outputs and performance monitoring using Microsoft PowerBI, Python dash, or similar tools.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Normal setting for this job is an office setting and hybrid virtual work setting.
• PAYRATE: Colorado only minimum salary 112,000
WM ( ) is North America’s largest comprehensive waste management environmental solutions provider. Previously known as Waste Management and based in Houston, Texas, WM is driven by commitments to put people first and achieve success with integrity. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides collection, recycling and disposal services to millions of residential, commercial, industrial and municipal customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. With innovative infrastructure and capabilities in recycling, organics and renewable energy, WM provides environmental solutions to and collaborates with its customers in helping them achieve their sustainability goals. WM has the largest disposal network and collection fleet in North America, is the largest recycler of post-consumer materials and is the leader in beneficial reuse of landfill gas, with a growing network of renewable natural gas plants and the most gas-to-electricity plants in North America. WM’s fleet includes nearly 11,000 natural gas trucks – the largest heavy-duty natural gas truck fleet of its kind in North America – where more than half are fueled by renewable natural gas. To learn more about WM and the company’s sustainability progress and solutions, visit .
What is the value of a WM job? At WM we know that the value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family. This is why we are constantly working to make WM a great place to work and grow a career. We Are WM is what defines the perks of being in the WM family – from benefits, to resources and engagement activities. We are People First. We are Committed to Your Growth. We Are Investing in You. We are a Family. We are Working for a Sustainable Tomorrow. We are Stable.
For Remote Senior Data Scientist, Computer Vision roles, visit Remote Senior Data Scientist, Computer Vision Roles
Senior Data Scientist at General Dynamics Information Technology
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Job Family: Data Science
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. Our work depends on a Senior Data Scientist joining our team to support Veterans Administration large data analytic activities. As a Data Scientist, you will be trusted to collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and other Data Scientists to create and execute unique analytic and research methodologies within a large cloud-based analytic environment.
The Data Scientist will provide quality review on analyses and analytic programs to ensure consistency with specifications and collaborate with other team members to identify potential problems with data and/or processes and to take appropriate action to guide the resolution process. This position is within a multi-disciplinary team of Data Scientists, Statisticians, Data Analysts and Subject Matter Experts. Our team is largely remote and distributed throughout the country.
In this role, a typical day will include:
• The Data Scientist will create production code in SAS, R or python in a cloud environment to support VA health care analytics.
• This position will be responsible for creating, reviewing, and maintaining analytic documentation, providing data interpretation and generating reports in support of proposed research questions.
• The Data Scientist will provide quality review on analyses and analytic programs to ensure consistency with specifications and collaborate with other team members to identify potential problems with data and/or processes and to take appropriate action to guide the resolution process.
• This position is responsible for preparing timelines for analytic project management and performs and interprets basic and complex analyses.
• The Data scientist may assist in developing statistical models and provide predictive analytic statistical support effectively communicating statistical and data-related concepts to non-statisticians (managers, researchers in other fields, etc.).
• This position may participate in advanced analytic projects such as machine learning and artificial intelligence as required by the customer to support current contracts or new business opportunities.
• Contributes to the completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
• Develops data-driven solutions to complex business challenges.
• Utilizes advanced tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions.
• Uses predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, efficiencies, process improvements, and other business outcomes.
• Works with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
• Designs and develops highly advanced processes, which may result in new product/business opportunities for the company
• Education: MS
• 8+ years of experience
• Knowledge of Veterans Affairs Health Care data and analytics
• 5+ years of experience using SAS, R or Python, performing large data analyses and statistical modeling for healthcare research or analytics.
• 5+ years client relation activities, ingesting and synthesizing customer specifications and effectively communicating complex healthcare analytic outcomes to client satisfaction.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
For Remote Senior Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Senior Data Scientist Roles
Azure Data Scientist at Indotronix International Corporation
• Expert understanding of/and exposure to common data science methods and techniques (eg, ML, regression analysis)
• Expertise in leveraging cloud provider Big Data solutions and tools to build advanced analytic frameworks (Azure primarily, some AWS).
• Expertise in data-related technologies/languages (eg, Python, R, Databricks, Notebooks, etc.)
• Relevant techniques may include statistical and data mining algorithms and machine learning methods such as rule induction, artificial neural networks, genetic algorithms, and automated indexing systems.
• Experience in a business analysis and consulting role.
• Experience in software engineering roles and methods.
• Exposure to Cyber Security datasets (IDS, Proxy, Windows, Linux, AWS, Azure).
• Stakeholder management experience.
Required Skills : Azure Python or Scala Machine Learning or Neural Networks
Sr. Neuro Data Scientist (Neuroscientist) at KBR
Sr. Neuro Data Scientist (Neuroscientist)
KBR is seeking applications for a remote Senior Neuro Data Scientist (Neuroscientist) to work with the Research, Development, & Data Analytics programs focused on health and human performance. This position will perform a wide range of quantitative analyses on various imaging data and assist multiple principal investigators to carry out research and development projects. Candidates should be experienced in cloud-based architecture enabling remote access to datasets and computing resources.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
• Work independently and/or with a research and development team to carry out data analysis on large data sets;
• Create visualizations; Develop and validate models; Generate reports for research protocols associated with health, and human performance.
• Data mining to select features in order to build and optimize classifiers using machine-learning techniques to be used for models and analytics reports.
• Design, execute, and supervise human-subject experiments and IRB protocol development.
• Analyze neuroimaging and behavioral data using various software including FSL, SPSS, SPM, R, NeuroQuant, etc.
• Develop and submit whitepapers and aid in proposals.
• Create technical reports, journal articles, and abstract submissions for conferences.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
• BS in a biomedical engineering, statistics, or computer science-related field
• 8 years of related experience
• Development of custom data models and algorithm on large data sets Data model validation and optimizing.
• Development of machine-learning techniques.
• Creating data visualizations.
• Creating and working with data architectures.
• Experience working with healthcare data.
• Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts.
• Use of statistical computer languages.
• Creating and optimizing machine-learning algorithms and statistics.
• Use of data visualization tools.
• Management of databases.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse populations.
• Ability to create, annotate and maintain detailed records.
• Ability to effectively prepare and present information in one-on-one settings in addition to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Timely and efficient in testing and deployment of statistical tools
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Masters degree or PhD in a biomedical engineering, statistics, or computer science-related field
• Experience with U.S. military and other government agencies.
In compliance with the U.S. federal governments vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For Remote Sr. Neuro Data Scientist (Neuroscientist) roles, visit Remote Sr. Neuro Data Scientist (Neuroscientist) Roles
Data Scientist at Wood
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is presently recruiting a Data Scientist in Houston, TX. The is a contract role and seated within Wood client office. The Data Science Team focuses on Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the overall goal of building powerful deep learning models. Data Scientist is expected to create innovative technologies through working on a diverse and stimulating range of projects, including development of various types of deep neural networks for prototype applications,and scale of deployable AI solutions to be embedded into commercial platforms for subsurface characterizations.
Having built an environment with passionate and engaging culture to provide an encouraging balance of structure and flexibility, extremely encourages Data Scientists to collaborate with Geophysicists, Geologists, and Engineers from all disciplines within the exploration organization. This role is responsible for leading to reach ambitious creativity and the scope of creative breakthroughs for geophysical and geologic workflows through the integration of deep-learning-approaches.
Key responsibilities :
• Software development for Petrel plug-in with integration of deep learning models for geoscience applications
• Develop standardized code for handling various datasets, including seismic, well log, drilling data, etc.
• Automate deep learning workflows applied to seismic interpretation, inversion, drilling, and well logs.
• Develop code for enhancing subsurface data quality to improve deep learning performance
• Develop tools for subsurface data visualization and processing in expediting deep learning workflows
• Provide innovative solutions to increase workflow efficiencies in areas where elements could be optimized and improved through artificial intelligence including but not limited to:
• Automation of traditional workflows in the exploration activities
• Reduction of cycle times and improvement of the precision for subsurface interpretations and reservoir quality
• Enhancement of imaging quality of seismic data
• Better leverage of various types of data
• Work collaboratively with Data Scientists and Geoscientists in applying developed algorithms to solve challenging and high impact problems within the exploration and production domains
Skills / Qualifications
• Familiar with Petrel software development
• Coding skills in Python
• Experience in working with geophysical and petrophysical data sets
• Experience in developing web apps or API backend in using Django, Flask, or other
• Experience in the AI domains that have been applied to the fields in computer vision or natural language processing
• Python programming skills and familiar with one of deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
• Experience in developing and automating data science pipelines
• Understanding of latest neural network architectures such as convolutional neural networks, generative models,recurrent neural networks, etc.
• Master’s Degree and/or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Geophysics, or related-quantitative fields
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work in a dynamic, and product-oriented team
• Capable of self-organized and self-motivated, play well with others, and willingness to learn from and teach others
• Real passion to work with domain experts and solve hard problems
• Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
– The Client Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve.
– Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
– Creativity – constantly seeking new ideas and ways of doing things to enhance value and reduce delivery risk.
– Inspires Innovation – uses a full scan of the world and seeks world-class performance; bold in exploring disruptive changes to make breakthroughs happen to the ultimate benefit of the shareholder
– Thinks Strategically – sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented
– Demonstrates Courage – questions the status-quo, takes hold of challenges and formulates a way forward
– Builds Trusted Relationships – works to move outside of comfort zone and develop trusted relationships and new business partnerships that enable business challenges to be tackled effectively; creates effective teams
– Drives Continuous Improvement – thrives on applying existing knowledge to challenging tasks, being eager to learn new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Be able to adapt easily to meet the fast pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
– Delivers High Performance – unsatisfied with the status quo; urgently driving to improve business performance through relationships, process, innovation, etc.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
For Remote Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Data Scientist Roles
Data Scientist – Growth, Marketing & Sales – University Students at McKinsey & Company
You will be based in one of our North America offices as part of our Growth, Marketing and Sales team.
The team strives to help clients in both consumer and business-to-business environments on a wide variety of marketing and sales topics. Our clients benefit from our experience in core areas of marketing such as branding, customer insights, marketing ROI, digital marketing, CLM, pricing, and sales and channel management. Our Practice offers an exceptional opportunity to work at the intersection of marketing, sales, and consulting. Focusing on issues like redefining marketing and sales operations and commercial transformation, our people help clients build capabilities and transform how companies go to market – moving them to customer-centric organizations.
You will collaborate with colleagues and clients to create new strategies across a wide platform of projects such as life-cycle management, pricing and promotions, marketing mix modeling, analytic transformation, etc.
In this role, you will help to expand our current analytics capabilities and architect new strategies and applications within a dynamic and innovative organization. You will shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, drive processes for extracting and using that data in creative ways, and create new lines of thinking within an infinite number of clients and situations, with an eye on optimizing every aspect of our clients’ marketing practices.
Through the measurement, manipulation, reporting and dissemination of broad sets of data, you will create valuable, transformative business strategies. You will apply and advise teams on the state-of-the-art advanced analytic and quantitative tools and modeling techniques in order to derive business insights, solve complex business problems and improve decisions. You will also conduct deep analytics on a broad set of client and external data and play a lead role in team problem solving through findings and insights from that analysis.
You will also lead and support the development of knowledge for our firm’s analytics group. You will do this by creating a roadmap for a greater understanding of analytics and its impact in the consulting population or by partnering with other analytics consultants to ensure timely and effective methods on the extraction, assembly and transfer of broad, complex sets of data.
• Graduating in the 2022-2023 academic year with a degree in computer science, machine learning, applied statistics, mathematics, analytics, or other relevant fields
• Experience developing and applying predictive models and other advanced statistical approaches in a corporate or consulting setting, preferably in a marketing and sales context
• Advanced programming skills in at least one of the programming languages: Python, R, Java
• Proficiency in statistical data analysis and data mining packages (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS, Alteryx, MatLab, STATA, Excel)
• Advanced knowledge of data management tools including SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL (e.g., MongoDB), Hadoop and/or other big data technologies
• Strong academic qualifications including advanced understanding/coursework in database management and math (e.g. linear, algebra, calculus)
• Excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to dis aggregate issues, identify root causes, and recommend solutions
• Distinctive communications skills and ability to communicate technical content in an easy-to-understand way
• Strong people skills and team-orientation
• Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
For Remote Data Scientist – Growth, Marketing & Sales – University Students roles, visit Remote Data Scientist – Growth, Marketing & Sales – University Students Roles
Data Scientist at Smartbridge
• The Consultant must have a strong understanding of the architecture, design, development and deployment of AI/ML and Advanced Analytics systems.
• Apply in-depth statistical methods and data science algorithms to help Smartbridge client make decisions and prioritize opportunities to drive excellence through data.
• Job Responsibilities & Expectations
• Identify problems, develop ideas and propose solutions within different situations requiring analytical, evaluative or constructive thinking in daily work and for assigned programs and projects
• Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, in diverse functional domains; communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports and presentations
• Lead teams to analyze and model structured or unstructured data and implement algorithms to support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods from statistics, machine learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research
• Deliver projects/work on time, on budget, in a way that client goal is accomplished
• Assist in the planning and delivering of multiple projects.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to adapt to challenges and to mentor team members
• Prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues and upper management and aid less experienced employees as an advisor
• Apply conceptualized and creative-thinking expertise toward possible reporting solutions or alternatives
• Act as the accountable person for the statistical methods used to enquire data sets, design of Machine Learning models & defining the end-to-end data lifecycle of a data science project from ideation to production
• Travel to client locations as per the project and/or client needs
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field of study
• 3-5 years of experience in consulting and technology services designing, deploying, and maintaining high-performance data and analytics solutions using agile methodology
• 3-5 years of experience in one or more of the following sectors – Restaurants & Food Services, Energy / Oil & Gas, Construction or Manufacturing
• 3-5 years of full stack data science experience with technologies such as Azure ML, R, Python, Streaming Analytics, Snowflake, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Synapse, Power BI and Tableau; certifications preferred
• Working knowledge for Machine Learning using time series forecasting models, using Deep Learning approaches like RNN, LSTMs
• Experienced in building relationships with executives, senior leaders and business decision-makers, existing relationships a plus
• Strong traditional mathematics and statistics background and skillset including Bayesian Statistics, multi-variate analysis, hypothesis testing, Maximum Likelihood Estimation (MLE), Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation, Gaussian Processes and Genetic Algorithms
• Actively participate in conferences / seminars to market and promote services
• Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
• Job Type: Full-time
For Remote Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Data Scientist Roles
Lead Specialist, Data Scientist Jobs at KPMG
Business Title:Lead Specialist, Data Scientist
Requisition Number:88290 – 88
Area of Interest:
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Lead Specialist to join our Federal Advisory practice.
• Lead Data Science and Machine Learning intensive engagements with a primary focus on client delivery and project management of teams with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Business Consultants and translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, in diverse domains (product development, marketing research, supply chain, technology process, and public policy)
• Undertake necessary statistical analysis using Natural Language Processing to mine unstructured data, using a variety of methods (document clustering, topic analysis, names entity recognition, document classification, and sentiment analysis) as part of the overall Machine Learning initiative set forth for the engagement
• Analyze structured and unstructured data, understand and implement algorithms, and support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods form emerging areas in pattern analysis, machine learning, deep learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research
• Lead workshops around emerging technologies in associated areas of Machine Learning, with both business clients and technical clients utilizing processes and best practices to plan, lead, and execute delivery of artificial intelligence engagements across different areas (technology, financial services, emerging tech, government agencies – federal, state, local, and utilities)
• Lead in a fast-paced and dynamic environment utilizing virtual and face-to-face interactions; manage complex work streams, expectations, budgets, deliverables, risks, and multiple responsibilities using structured approaches for operational excellence while communicating results to executive level audiences
• Plan and manage objectives and key deliverables using analytics processes to mitigate risks in data, modeling, validation, and delivery
• A minimum of five years of technical data science experience; U.S. Federal government consulting experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science preferred
• Experience performing data science from data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, and deployment; experience coding artificial intelligence methods using object-oriented programming in a software development process, and ability to restructure, refactor, and optimize code for efficiency
• Expert problem-solving ability through the use and/or development of data science algorithms, models, testing, etc.; ability to utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, Python, Spark, Hadoop and emerging Cloud Capabilities on Azure, GCP and/or AWS; experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms
• Ability to travel as required to support firm engagements
• Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time, which requires U.S. citizenship
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
Junior Data Scientist N.A at Sandbox SAP SF
Collaborate with Machine Learning (ML) business development colleagues to identify and model new and change requests from clientsIdentify opportunities to embed ML capabilities into solutionsImplement most recent algorithms and approaches for ML in collaboration with peer data scientists and researchersInitiates and participates in projects in the area of prediction, optimization, and processes using advanced statistical and mathematical approaches in the Enterprise environmentDesign best architecture and select the most appropriate modeling techniques and data visualization for big data analysisWork closely with clients, partners and production teams to enhance the solutions and systems, troubleshooting data issues as appropriateResponsible for quality and timely delivery of data science assetsParticipate in client workshops and internal discussions to identify and understand ML use casesCommunicate the solution vision/strategy and progress towards solution releases to stakeholdersFacilitate the QA of ML solutions and provide proactive feedback on areas of improvementJob SummaryAs part of BestRun’s Machine Learning team, you will work with data scientists, software developers and product managers to identify machine learning pipelines and facilitate the development of ML /AI enabled enterprise solutions in collaboration with sponsor clients and other BestRun LoB teams.
You will also work against fixed timelines and your success will be measured by the ability to deliver quality solutions matching the performance of premiere research prototypes.
CompetenciesAssembling TalentCommunicating EffectivelyInteracting with People at Different LevelsResolving ConflictShowing Caring and UnderstandingWorking SafelyWorking with Diverse PopulationsSkillsBuilding and Managing TeamsLeadershipEducationBS or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or ML/AI in Human Resources
For Remote Junior Data Scientist N.A roles, visit Remote Junior Data Scientist N.A Roles