Data Analyst/Scientist at CGI Group, Inc.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. At CGI-Burlington, our success comes from the talent and dedication of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. As digital transformation continues to accelerate in the New England area, CGI-Burlington is at the center of this change supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of crafting an organization passionate about delivering results and exceeding client expectations.
This position is on a small and flexible Digital Metrics & Analytics team that provides custom digital metrics and dashboards development services to business partners. The dashboard provides measures for customer sales, migration of transactions from analog (paper, call center) to digital channels and measures improvements in customer experience through digital completion rates.
The candidate will be responsible for working with business and IT leaders will participate in systems design, analysis, solution definition, data provisioning, documentation of improvements and new capabilities of the dashboard. The dashboard team operates in a fast paced agile environment, is adept at solutioning with minimal documentation available and operates without role boundaries. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for Quality Assurance and testing of the dashboard, applying prescribed testing practices and tools.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Develop and implement analytics enabled solutions to improve business process, generate insights, support business goals, and develop strategy.
Develop KPI, metrics, trending tracking, prediction and forecasting models
Own and deliver complete predictive modeling projects of moderate scope and handle work you’re leading on more sophisticated predictive modeling projects.
Analyze large data sets and prepare data for predictive modeling.
Demonstrate shared value through the operationalization of algorithms into a business process.
Communicate results of cases of moderate complexity to business partners and recommend solutions to more senior data scientists.
Generate visualizations using tools like Tableau to provide business insights.
Analyze multi-channel data for behavior and sentiment analysis. Build journey maps.
Developing Alteryx workflows and Tableau dashboards
Working with Rest API processes for automation with Alteryx Tool
Crafting and implementing automation processes
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Master’s degree in any field with relevant experience in tableau and/or Alteryx, database management, Python, and business intelligence data mining and 3+ year of experience with business operations in the financial services or insurance industry. Or
Bachelor’s degree in any field with relevant experience in tableau and/or Alteryx, database management, Python, and business intelligence data mining and 5+ years of experience with business operations in the financial services and life insurance industry.
Experience must include:
2-3 years of experience with machine learning / predictive modeling including regression, decision trees, clustering, random forests, and generalized linear models.
2-3 years of experience with analysis (e.g. R, SAS) packages and programming languages (e.g. Python/R) skills
3-5 years of experience with large data sets and big data platforms, SQL, no-SQL data sources, Hadoop, and other methods for manipulating relational/non-relational databases
6-9 years of experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, SQL etc. for crafting dashboards and delivering insights using visualization tools.
The preferred location for this role is Waltham, MA
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $75,000-$125,000
• Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
Competitive base salaries
Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@ . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Principal Data Scientist at UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
If you get excited about data, come work for a Fortune 10 healthcare company that uses the latest tools and techniques to aggregate and analyze massive amounts of it, in order to find the keys to helping people live healthier lives. You will be part of a small team that works directly with our customers, produces results quickly but accurately, flies under the radar but always hits its target.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
• Create and populate tables, views, and stored procedures in SQL, OLAP, and Hadoop databases
• Create, monitor, and troubleshoot complex ETL processes
• Assiduously test applications and code
• Work with others to track down the source of variances and errors in reporting
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• Hands-on experience with Hadoop/Hive or Windows Server/SQL Server
• Experience using Python for manipulating data sets
• Fluency in one or more versions of SQL such as T-SQL or PL-SQL
• Familiarity with at least one of the following Python ML tools: scikit-learn, numpy, pandas
• Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Experience in Azure or OCI environments
• Hands-on experience building and loading OLAP cubes such as Essbase or MS SSAS
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
• All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group. Please note ComputerJobs – NY Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.
For Remote Principal Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Principal Data Scientist Roles
RWE Principal Data Scientist at Takeda Pharmaceutical
The Real World Data Center of Excellence is meant to foster an environment that simplifies and accelerates collaboration-driven insights that enable data driven business decisions by bringing best practices and standardizing approaches to common questions involving real world data.
The Real-World Evidence Observational Data Scientist is responsible for managing the acquisition, processing, and curation of non-Takeda sourced observational RWD, including clinical, claims, disease registry, electronic health/medical records (EHR/EMR) and imaging metadata. The role will manage a wide portfolio of data types, with a goal of supporting diverse analyses across Research & Development (R&D); will ensure data transfers follow quality standards; and will coordinate with other stakeholders in R&D to ensure acquisitions satisfy expected analysis plans. In addition, responsibilities include programming analyses of the RWD, working with observational data sciences colleagues, and collaborating with stakeholders across Takeda, including epidemiologists, translational biologists, biomarker scientists, and biostatisticians. These analyses will provide a better understanding of disease natural history, incidence/prevalence, co-morbidities, treatment patterns, and health and safety outcomes in ‘real world’ patient populations, across a wide variety of serious and unmet diseases, resulting in a high impact to research and early development, clinical development pipeline, and marketed products.
• Develop and implement enterprise RWE strategies to efficiently address business needs.
• Collaborate internally and externally to address RWE needs and advise on unmet data needs
• Strengthen partnerships with stakeholders within the organization and externally with platform vendors, RWE innovators, FDA etc.
• Act as a knowledge developer and repository around observational studies, FDA policies, publications etc related to RWE.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
• Collaborate with external vendors, Takeda partners, and external organizations responsible for collecting the data
• Ensure data transfers follow quality standards and coordinate with other stakeholders in R&D to ensure acquisitions satisfy expected analysis plans
• Define and implement data transfer, quality control and curation processes, and maintain the data quality pipeline
• Collaborate with other team members to ensure consistency of quality control methods and processes across disparate types of data sourced external to Takeda
• Conduct analyses pertaining to the application of the observational RWE data for diverse stakeholders, including Epidemiology, Value & Access, Translational Biology, Biomarkers; these include specific epidemiology, health outcomes and other observational studies to better understand disease natural history, incidence/prevalence, co-morbidities, treatment patterns, and health and safety outcomes in ‘real world’ patient populations
• Advise on the associated analyses plans using information developed in the execution of the data quality pipelines
• Ensure information is surfaced to ensure the externally sourced data is fit for purpose
• Develop systems, processes and tools (pipelines) which impact enterprise use of our data assets and confirm data quality
• Lead global organizational RWD transparency and education by delivering learning modules on relevant dimensions for users’ qualifications
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
• Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and drug development
• Understand and enable analytic infrastructure, including CFR 11 certified software tools, semi-automated, validated SAS algorithms and a skilled data visualization team offer efficient delivery of research and rapid analytics
• Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
• Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
• Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
• Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
• Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
• Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
• Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and external partners, in the industry and area of expertise.
• Effectively represents function in negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
• Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions
• Forward thinking with the ability to recommend, influence and implement organizational change and continuous innovation
• Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
• Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
• Identifies opportunities and anticipates changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
• Role models respect and inclusion, creating a culture that fosters innovation
• Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
• Deep expertise required
• Ability to see and understand broader, enterprise level perspective
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Life Sciences, Epidemiology, Bioinformatics, Clinical Informatics or similar technical fields
• 5-8 years relevant work experience with a focus on clinical, observational or RWE data management ingestion, curation, and analysis
• Experience establishing and managing relationships with external vendors and organizations for the acquisition of observational RWD
• Deep understanding of drug development and biopharmaceutical industry, with emphasis on role of observational RWE data
• Experience using hardware and software used to curate, process and analyze data
• Experience with scripting/coding languages (R, Python, Unix scripting, etc.)
• Knowledge of data analysis and trending and familiarity with statistics
• Experience developing and implementing process and data standards
• Strong project management skills, and ability to effectively lead, collaborate and communicate across diverse group of observational RWE data stakeholders (scientific, technical, operational)
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to establish and manage effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Director II, Data Science at Liberty Mutual Group
Build and develop a team of best-in-class modelers. Establish yourself as a self-driven leader, providing both strategic and tactical direction in the US Homeowners pricing space. Oversee the design, build, and deployment of complex loss cost models …Data Science, Director, Science, Technology, Data
For Remote Director II, Data Science roles, visit Remote Director II, Data Science Roles
Associate Data Scientist at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Inc.
Ready to help us transform healthcare? Bring your true colors to blue.
Working closely with leaders and associates in various parts of the organization, the Associate Data Scientist is responsible for data mining and advanced analytic solutions related to program evaluations and measurement and enhanced value propositions that highlight BCBSMA value to its customers. The Associate Data Scientist will also be responsible for leading enterprise analytic projects, working closely with the Analytics team leveraging advanced analytics to create value-added solutions and/or highlight BCBSMA value. The Associate Data Scientist must be an independent learner, a self-starter willing to initiate a project and perform research, as well as a team player with strong communication skills.
The Associate Data Scientist has a background in a quantitative field and strong technical skills. Also essential is the ability to lead projects with close attention to detail, focus on results, and the ability to effectively present results. The Associate Data Scientist in this position is required to constantly innovate, challenge assumptions, and generate new ideas and process improvements. Finally, we are seeking a team player with the ability to collaborate with others towards shared goals.
• **This position is eligible in the following personas: E-Worker, Mobile and Resident***
• Plays a critical role in project planning & execution including creating roadmaps to assist in the execution of data and analytics priorities that consider timelines, organizational dependencies and key stakeholders.
• Recognizes data-related accuracy / problems, recommends potential solutions and ultimately implements solutions.
• Works collaboratively with enterprise stakeholders and makes recommendations based on analytic insights.
• Leads the implementation and transformation of enhanced analytic reporting models.
• Assists in providing technical guidance and training to end users of data/applications.
• Frequent usage of technical data extraction, manipulation, analysis, automation, and/or visualization using tools.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Technical and Behavior Competencies:
• Minimum 3 years experience in data extraction, manipulation, analysis, automation, and/or visualization using tools such as: SAS, SQL
• Additional language such as: R, Python, and/or Tableau is a plus
• Has a fundamental understanding of business process and metrics
• Demonstrates accountability
• Displays dependability and ensures execution
• Sound analytical judgement
• Innovates and Improves
• Strong communication – Interprets business requests and builds relationships with stakeholders
• Serves as primary contact on small projects
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Math, Business, Health Care, Data Analytics or related field and 2 – 5 years of experience.
• or Master’s degree and 0 – 3 years experience
Minimum Education Requirements:
High school degree or equivalent required unless otherwise noted above
At Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, we believe in wellness and that work/life balance is a key part of associate wellbeing. We provide a flexible hybrid work model in which roles are designated as resident (on site 4-5 days/week), mobile (on site 1-3 days/week), or eworker (on site 0-3 days/month).
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement for building entry. Your offer of employment is dependent upon either being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or an accommodation based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance by submitting a request to Human Resources.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
For Remote Associate Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Associate Data Scientist Roles
Associate Data Scientist at Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job builds new analytical solutions which inform business processes and operations at the heart of our advanced analytics capability. The incumbent designs, executes and synthesizes point analytics to support specific business questions, programs or initiatives. The incumbent is a data-driven problem solver who understands and utilizes the Organization’s business partner’s strategies, goals and processes to answer critical business questions by leveraging and synthesizing the large volume and variety of data available to them. Draws on tools and methods from statistics and machine learning to perform analysis, create predictive models, visualize data, and drive projects through to delivery of the intended outcome. Continuously scans and tests new data sources, tools, and analytical techniques and partners with leading institutions and experts to contribute to our portfolio of next-generation analytic projects.
• Work directly with the business to understand their questions, business processes, programs and/or initiatives, then identify how analytical solutions could help deliver value for them (e.g., more effective and/ or efficient processes). This will include assisting fellow data scientists with, outlining new use cases, creating high level impact estimates, and identifying the necessary data elements (including proxies) to deliver the analytical solution. Assemble the data set using knowledge of where the required data exist within Organization’s source data system, derived production sets or publicly available sources. Includes documenting objects, assumptions and processes.
• Select and apply the appropriate advanced modeling/machine learning techniques to these data sets to deliver business insight, ensuring that the final analysis is well researched, accurate, and documented. This requires technical flexibility and awareness of most advanced analytical approaches (for example regression models, tree-based learning, neural networks, clustering techniques, natural language processing) with demonstrated aptitude in applying at least one.
• Consult with the business to contextualize and translate the results of our analysis in a form which the business can understand and take action on. This will include contributing to written reports, presentations and data visualizations, and draws clear lines between the high-level problem specifications, the analyses performed, and how the results link directly back to business objectives. It requires the incumbent to demonstrate their depth of understanding of some areas of the business, the data and the analytical methods through ongoing engagement with a range of audiences.
• Contribute to the planning, preparing and delivering/coordinating all elements of the analysis in such a way that it is delivered on time, to a high standard and ready to implemented on a production basis (including dissemination through the Organization’s user systems). This includes identifying the best route to implementation (developing the analytical solution accordingly).
• Build relationships internally to transfer knowledge, consult with follow data scientists and analysts to guide analysis and deliver larger projects using self-directed continued learning of analytical skills and approaches.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer and Information Science, or Engineering
• Master’s Degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer and Information Science, or Engineering
• 1 – 5 years in Data Analytics
• 1 – 3 years in Predictive Modeling
• 1 – 3 years in Large Datasets
• 1 – 3 years in Statistical Software
• 1 – 3 years in Data Visualization
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Analysis of business problems/needs
• Analytical and Logical Reasoning/Thinking
• Collaborative Problem Solving
• Data Analysis
• Statistical Analysis
• Written & Oral Presentation Skills
Languages (other than English)
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( ~~~ )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at ~~~
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice
Senior Data Scientist at Wayfair
Who We Are
Wayfair Data Science powers automation & decision support across all Wayfair business units. Our algorithms tackle a varied & broad spectrum of challenges in the Wayfair marketplace; from empowering suppliers to easily add products to our catalog, to enabling our customers to discover and purchase a vast & diverse assortment of home goods.
The Data Science Search & Recommendations team is looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to deliver industry-leading product search solutions. In this role, you’ll work with a group of talented data scientists, and partner with fellow engineers, analysts, and product managers to bring to life our next generation search technologies, such as semantic search. You’ll develop and explore state-of-the-art machine learning/deep learning techniques on Wayfair’s extensive customer and product data. You’ll build search relevance models to retrieve and rank products to optimize for user experience and business metrics. You’ll scale solutions to serve billions of searches each day, invent solutions to keep the models up-to-date with newly added products and trendy search languages, and think about how to wrangle with real-time inference constraints. The models you develop will have tremendous business impact, directly measurable through our online A/B test platform.
What You’ll Do
• Build search relevance models with user/query intent understanding, product understanding, user targeting and ranking
• Own the full Data Science life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business value
• Develop quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
• Uncover deep insights hidden in our vast repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how act on findings
• Provide a strong partnership with business and engineering teams
What You’ll Need
• 3+ years of experience in a quantitative or technical work environment with MS or PhD degree (Prefered) in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, physics, neuroscience, operations research, etc.)
• Machine Learning experience (such as supervised/unsupervised learning, deep learning, learning-to-rank, NLP, etc.)
• Industry experience in Search/Ranking with deep learning and NLP technologies strongly preferred
• Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business decisions
• High comfort level with Python (preferred), or with other languages such as Java, C++, etc.
• An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems
• Bonus points for intellectual curiosity and a strong desire to always be learning
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at
For Remote Senior Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Senior Data Scientist Roles
Principal Data Scientist at Experfy Inc
We are seeking a Principal Data Scientist with strongly developed expertise in graph-based AI and related technologies to maximize utilization of data and knowledge in the client’s data and digital transformation.
Degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, statistics, economics, computational sciences or a related quantitative discipline and 5+ years of analytical experience in an industrial or commercial setting OR PhD degree with at least 3+ years of industry experience
Experience AI/ML/NLP modelling of complex datasets.
Advanced software development skills in at least two of the standard data science languages (such as Python, R, Scala, C++, Julia) and strong data manipulations skills (e.g.
SQL, NoSQL, graph, etc.)
Knowledge of SQL and relational databases, query authoring (SQL) and designing variety of databases (e.g. Postgres SQL)
Comfortable working in cloud and high-performance compute environments (e.g. AWS, Apache Spark)
Disciplined AI/ML deployment (MLOps, CI/CD) and Agile delivery
Experience in coordination of delivery teams and providing feedback to their management
Excellent written and verbal communication, business analysis, and consultancy skills
Knowledge on health care knowledge management systems (e.g. ICD, SNOMED, MedDRA, UMLS) preferred
Experience AI/ML modelling of complex datasets, network analysis or direct experience in creating and maintaining graph data models
Experience with a variety of graph technologies Knowledge of graph databases like Neo4J (Cypher, causal clusters), JanusGraph (Gremlin, GraphML), AWS Neptune, OrientDB
Expertise in machine learning/deep learning-based graph algorithms relevant to link prediction, ranking/recommendation, completion, community detection, node embedding, etc.
Lead data science area deliverables for digital products / programs / initiatives including the allocation of work within the team, monitors the quantitative and qualitative achievements of the team, and reports results
Work as an individual contributor, providing data science expertise to digital products / programs / initiatives.
Apply in-depth experience with both statistical and modern data science approaches, including unsupervised, supervised, regression algorithms.
Apply advanced techniques such as neural networks, deep learning, NLP and federated learning.
Build models, algorithms, simulations and experiments by writing highly optimized code and using state-of-the art machine learning technologies.
Collaborate cross-functionally in teams involved in data driven analytics to maximize impact of graph-based capabilities
Build and manage support models incorporated into digital or AI products; Work with Infrastructure and Ops teams to ensure appropriate architecture and tooling
Capacity to mentor junior personnel
Be able to apply in-depth experience with both statistical and modern data science approaches to business cases and knowledge management tasks
Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate complex ideas up to people of varying technical skills
Atmospheric Scientist – Mesoscale Convective Systems at Verisk Analytics
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Join the Mid-latitude Atmospheric Perils research team at Verisk Extreme Event Solutions in the Boston-based Research Department. You will be responsible for providing a process level understanding of severe convective storms/mesoscale convective systems and their environments that lead to tornados, derechos, hail, and extreme precipitation in the historic, near present, and future climates. As a research scientist, you will be applying your scientific and technical knowledge to represent the observed damage-causing characteristics of severe convective storms within catastrophe (CAT) models. You will also support and validate Verisk CAT models for regions around the globe within client-facing meetings and as part of the shared responsibilities of the Mid-latitude Atmospheric Perils research team. The results of your work will be used by industry and governments to assess the risks from extreme weather events.
About the Day-to-Day Responsibilities of the Role:
• Provide domain knowledge expertise needed to build scientifically sound representations of extreme weather events.
• Collect and analyze a wide range of in-situ and remote sensing observations.
• Develop code and apply statistically robust methods for model development and evaluation.
• Engage with clients about validating and using Verisk’s CAT models to assess risks from extreme weather events.
• Knowledge of atmospheric convection and dynamics is required.
• Background and experience in mesoscale convective system scholarship would be considered a significant advantage.
• Experience with statistical analysis and data science is desired.
• Ability to gather, integrate, and critically analyze data from all relevant sources (model output, reanalysis).
• Strong skills gained through practical experience using high-level language and tools such as Python, R, NCL, C++, MATLAB, FORTRAN, and Linux environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Open to early career scientists. Senior level mid-career scientist preferred.
• M.S. with 4+ years professional experience in a technical environment, or
• Ph.D. degree in meteorology, geoscience, or related fields
Extreme event solutions at Verisk (formerly AIR Worldwide) provides risk modeling solutions that help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, Verisk founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, supply chain disruptions, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber incidents. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on Verisk’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, longevity modeling, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. Verisk’s extreme event solutions team is headquartered in Boston, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com. For more information about Verisk, a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services, please visit www.verisk.com.
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
[Link available when viewing the job] />
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for this position will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.
For Remote Atmospheric Scientist – Mesoscale Convective Systems roles, visit Remote Atmospheric Scientist – Mesoscale Convective Systems Roles
Associate, Data Science at Santander US
Associate, Data Science
Req ID: Req1007596 Date posted 09/09/2022
Associate, Data Science
Boston, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
USA Job Family Description: Maintains and monitors data and databases to meet the company’s current and projected future needs. Reviews and ensures the quality, accuracy and security of data in accordance with established procedures and standards. Monitors database activity and the relationships between the database users and applications to ensure appropriate data usage and resolve data conflicts. Collaborates with technology/infrastructure staff to identify data relationships and functional requirements.
USA Job Function Description: Designs and monitors control systems which ensure the integrity and security of data and for advising on the optimal use of the organization’s computing resources. Assesses the completeness, accuracy, validity and efficiency of information processing, business and application systems, reviews the operations, systems software, systems development and security of the organization’s computing environment, and recommends appropriate software and hardware acquisitions.
Essential Functions/Responsibility Statements:
Translates business queries into actionable and commercial insights leveraging unstructured data and statistically robust techniques.
Drives cross functional analytics projects from beginning to end: builds relationships with partner teams, frames and structures questions, collects and analyzes data, and summarizes key insights in support of decision making.
Works with engineers to evangelize data best practices and implement analytics solutions.
Evaluation and discovery of alternative data vendors including ability to quantifiably validate external algorithms and apply insights to commercially driven use cases.
Performs quantitative analysis, including alpha assessment, risk analysis, portfolio construction and return attribution to enhance investment strategies using sourced and external data.
Leverages available data tools and collaborate with data scientists and engineers across the firm and adapts data initiatives to needs of business.
Collaborates across functional areas of our business at every level of seniority to uncover and address opportunities for scalability and growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics, or a equivalent technical field. (Req)
Master’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics, or a equivalent quantitative field. (Pref)
Data mining/advanced analytics applied to large-scale data-intensive projects. , 5-9 years (Req)
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the principles of machine earning, classification models, time series regression and stochastic statistics to deliver improved business performance
Demonstrated experience with SQL, R or a comparable programming language (such as Python, SAS, SPSS, or MATLAB)
Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts.
Strong quantitative and problem solving skills with focus hypothesis formulation and testing.
Strong evidence of leveraging analytics to drive business results.
Strong project management skills.
Individually motivated and possess sound judgment, integrity, and a solid work ethic.
Ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences.
Ability to adapt to various programming languages and environments.
Ability to utilize analytics in a collaborative manner across business functions and product lines to derive optimum solutions.
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights:This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Other Locations: Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the “EEO is the Law (~~~) ” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement. (~~~)
Click here to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact ~~~