Senior Data Architect Remote at Discover International
We have partnered with a highly dynamic healthcare firm that is rapidly growing and seeking for talented Big Data Architects. Consultants must be exceptionally skilled with Scala within a Spark environment. Our client is moving very fast with the process and is offering excellent hourly rates for the right candidates.
This role is 100% remote
C2C, C2H, W2.
As Architect of Data Engineering, you will play a key role in architecting data engineering solutions and technology to uncover deep insights from data using big data technologies and advanced statistical analysis, processing very large data sets using cloud-based data pipelines(real-time and batch) on Microsoft Azure, variety of analytic tools, visualizations and delivering actionable healthcare insights & solutions. You will also be assisting with integrating the SQL data warehouse platform as our primary processing platform to create the curated enterprise data model for the company to leverage.
(May include but are not limited to)
• Architects, develops, and implements Data Engineering strategy to support organizational initiatives.
• Leads the architecture function of Data Engineering (Pipeline) team
• Provides leadership, mentorship to internal data Engineering staff.
• Lead the effort for building and migrating the complex ETL/EDI pipelines from on premise system to cloud and Hadoop/Spark/Kafka to make the system grow elastically
• Ensuring data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including data collection, ground truth generation, normalization and transformation
• Extracting and combining data from various heterogeneous data sources
• Designing, implementing and supporting a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
• Modelling data and metadata to support machine learning and AI
• Build statistical models, apply machine learning techniques, analyze very large data sets and construct metrics using these modeling techniques.
• Guiding critical business decisions by highlighting opportunities, identifying correlations, defining experiments and figuring out cause and effect relationships.
• Deploying models in operational software to power insights and actions.
• Develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
• Provide leadership to Data Engineering teams.
• Communicate with business partners, software vendors, and internal departments.
• Participate in project meetings, providing input to project plans and providing status updates.
• Responsible for the global standardization of Data Engineering processes and process improvement and efficiency
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 7+ years relevant experience in Data Engineering.
• +6 years hands-on experience in Scala development.
• 3+ years of architecture experience
• Experience with machine learning algorithms, including deep neural networks, natural language processing, kernel methods, dimensionality reduction, ensemble methods, hidden Markov models and graph algorithms.
• Data Warehousing Experience with SQL Server, Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, etc.
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (NoSQL databases, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, Elasticsearch, Databricks etc.)
• Experience with real-time data processing and API platforms.
• Experience in using Scala, Python, Java and/or other data engineering languages
• Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insight.
• Healthcare domain and data experience
• Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
• Demonstrated ability in data modeling, ETL development, API developments and data warehousing.
• Knowledge and experience of SQL and SSIS.
• Excellent communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
• PhD or Master’s in computer science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
• Industry experience as a Data Engineering Leader or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Engineer) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
• Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using Azure or AWS technologies – SQL Server, Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline, Data Lake, Data Factory and other big data technologies
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space.
• Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
• Experience with Azure, AWS or GCP is a plus
• Microsoft Azure data architecture Certification is a plus
• Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic startup environment
• Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g. Python, Perl, Scala etc.)
• Experience with NoSQL, Spark, Hadoop, Elasticsearch etc.
• Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic startup environment
Data Architect at Marcus & Millichap
The Data Architect is responsible for the design, development, optimization, and oversight of Marcus & Millichap’s conceptual and logical data systems. This requires the ability to understand the data requirements of our existing systems and processes as well as designing usable data models/logical designs to accommodate new business features. The person filling this role will have proven experience in data analysis and data management combined with excellent analytical and communications skills at both a technical and business level.
Provide technical and thought leadership related to data modeling, database design, data analysis, reporting, and database implementation.
Design and implement effective database solutions and models.
Incorporate agile principles into database design and implementation.
Incorporate CICD principles into database deployments.
Monitor database performance and factor improvements into future designs.
Consult with and influence application development teams in best practices for delivering to the target data architectures.
Develop proof of concepts to demonstrate the viability of different approaches to meet business needs.
Develop approaches to bring Legacy data in line with conceptual architecture.
Develop strategies to facilitate data analysis and reporting that provide enhanced data analysis and reporting capabilities while minimizing the impact on transactional systems.
Play a hands-on role in code reviews and application/database development.
Manage relationships with third party development partners to ensure they are adhering to development standards and architecture.
Education & Experience
5+ years of progressing responsibility in database development leadership roll
Experience with SDLC Methodologies such as Waterfall and Scrum.
5+ years of experience in database development including a mix of transactional systems, data warehouse, ETL, data security, data integration, and data analysis.
5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and above.
5+ years with data analysis and development tools such as SSMS, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI, Azure Data Studio, etc.
3 + years of experience with cloud data platforms. Microsoft Azure preferred.
Experience integrating CRM data stores such as Salesforce into data strategies is desired.
Demonstrated ability to create and maintain data models and architecture diagrams for use in communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple projects within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
Data Architect at BigLynx
Are you interested in working on a cutting-edge technology that solves complex data problems with elegance and simplicity? Our team helps clients build the next generation data platform architectures, big data pipelines – be it in the cloud or on-premise – required to enable cutting-edge data insights and analytics. You will be part of a practice to deliver a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Big Data, Data Lake, Data Warehousing, Data Integration, Data Governance, Master Data and Analytics applications.
To accelerate this bold journey of digital transformation across finance, government, banking and real estate industries, the BigLynx team is looking for a Data Architect aligning with the overall vision of organization.
BigLynx, a leading global consulting firm exclusively in DATA ENGINEERING consistently delivers extraordinary results both for our prestigious clients and our expert consultants. Headquartered in Washington, USA – we provide the opportunity to grow & develop on the cutting edge and create genuine impactful work for both clients & communities across United States and Canada.
As a Data Architect, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team of data engineers. Working to deliver data engineering on a range of complex research processes, working closely with data engineers, researchers and projects managers.
• 6-9 years of professional experience as a Data Architect, Data Engineer or related role developing conceptual, logical, and preliminary physical models for an enterprise
• 4+ years of experience in Industry 4.0 initiatives and/or other aspects of corporate data management, e.g. Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Security, Data DevOps.
• Experience with programming languages like Python, SQL and Cloud technologies.
• Knowledge of developing and using data standards comprising the format, representation, definition, structuring, manipulation, tagging, transmission, use, and management of data.
• Experience developing and using metadata guidelines to tag data and use the tags as part of a data management strategy.
• Experience assessing data solutions for compliance and conformance with guidelines and policies.
• Understanding of the use and maintenance of data dictionaries, data models, and data maps in an enterprise business software environment.
• Provide leadership for complex projects throughout the development of project work plans, milestone tracking, and coordination of efforts.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in technology. computer science, math, physics, engineering or a related field.
• Provide strategic direction and technical expertise to meet data architecture needs.
• Contribute to the development of data policies, governance and implementation plans, and conceptual and logical data models.
• Work to assess data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with data strategy, enterprise requirements, and objectives.
• Review and comment on data solutions designed by IT project teams, and support requirements development.
• Research the implementation of data standards for interoperability, quality, and entity and data attributes.
• Play a key role in cloud migration strategy with focus on single/multi cloud, best possible tools/service on cloud, design architecture.
• Enforcing data architecture standards, procedures and policies to ensure consistency across different program and project implementations
• Compensation: Competitive base pay, incentive plans and employee referral bonuses. Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance.
• Coverage: Health, vision and dental featuring our best-in-class healthcare navigation services, along with life insurance.
• Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), 7 paid holidays, parental leave, volunteer days, paid sabbaticals, and more.
• Equity Holder: Become an equity holder in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
• Development: Certification reimbursement, paid trainings and leadership development.
• Environment: A modern workplace with a casual dress code, open floor plans, full-service dining, free snacks and drinks.
• Flexible Work: Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
For Remote Data Architect roles, visit Remote Data Architect Roles
Senior Data Architect- Remote Eligible (Health Division) at Mathematica
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in Tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here .
Mathematica is looking for a SeniorData Architectto join the Health Analytic Systems and Technology (AST) team in any of our offices or fully remote. We are looking for someone who is passionate about data architecture, modeling, and governance. The Data Architect must have the ability to conceive and portray the big data picture. In this role, you will initiate, evaluate, and influence projects. The Data Architect sets standards for data architecture, data management, and data governance and ensures they are applied throughout the projects within the enterprise. They will also initiate projects needed to close the gap between the current situation and future goals.
At Mathematica, we take pride in our commitment to diversity. Building an inclusive culture that draws on the individual strengths of employees from different ethnic backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, abilities, and experience is key to our success.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, computer science, systems engineering, or similar degree; equivalent professional experience without a degree will be considered
• 5+ years of experience with data architecture and data modeling for large applications or enterprise systems
• Experience in modern information technology practices with ETL processes, strong SQL and database skills, and working with large structured and unstructured data
• Ability to act as a technical leader promoting consensus and knowledge transfer to team members
• Experience using or implementing data architecture and data governance processes
• Experience managing relationships with peer and stakeholder groups
• Experience with Business Intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, and/or PowerBI
• Experience with the ETL process using tools such as Talend or Mulesoft
• Supervisory experience desired but not required
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $95,000 – $135,000. This position may be eligible for an annual bonus, based on company and individual performance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Available Locations: Remote; Washington, DC; Woodlawn, MD; Princeton, NJ; Ann Arbor, MI; Cambridge, MA; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; Oakland, CA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
For Remote Senior Data Architect- Remote Eligible (Health Division) roles, visit Remote Senior Data Architect- Remote Eligible (Health Division) Roles
Drug Discovery Data Architect at Omeros Corporation
Drug Discovery Data Architect
This position will enable the small molecule/drug discovery team by managing data systems and improving information transfer between research groups by integrating/streamlining information systems from various workflows. This is an ideal position for self starters with deep coding and data handling skills.
Good things are happening at Omeros
Come join our Discovery Team
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market and orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases, disorders of the central nervous system and immune-related diseases, including cancers. In addition to its commercial product OMIDRIA (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1%/0.3%, Omeros has multiple phase 3 and phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on complement-mediated disorders and substance abuse. Omeros also has a diverse group of preclinical programs including GPR174, a novel target in immuno-oncology that modulates a new cancer immunity axis recently discovered by Omeros. Small-molecule inhibitors of GPR174 are part of Omeros’ proprietary G proteincoupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and their corresponding compounds. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
What are your job responsibilities?
Start-up and manage in-house and cloud-based database systems
Implement and manage data processing and analysis applications
Review and ensure accuracy of database code
Interface with IT, external consultants, medicinal and computational chemistry, structure-based drug discovery, discovery biology, and preclinical functions
Coordinate and establish data system policies and governance
What education and experience do you need?
PhD or BS/MS degree with 3 – 5 years of experience of owning database systems, setting up data pipelines and working with data in the drug discovery industry
Data management experience including:
Managing in-house data pipelines; cloud experience is a plus (e.g. AWS)
Working with databases (i.e. Access, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) such as scripting queries and configuring database software; hands-on experience with ELNs, LIMS is a plus
Familiarity with ActivityBase and/or Live Design is a plus
Programming with Python or other scripting languages; fast ramp-up of coding skills of Visual Basic for Applications in MS Excel; exposure to ML/AI is a plus
Working knowledge of chemical structure representations, high-throughput screening, and scientific data analysis and presentation is a plus
Behavioral Competencies Required:
A willingness to work with other team members, share and encourage new ideas, strive to find the best solutions and build team competencies over time
A good understanding of the goals and longer-term direction
An eye toward self-improvement, productivity and gaining knowledge
Physical Demands Required:
Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 20 lbs.
May encounter prolonged periods of sitting or standing
This position requires working around hazardous materials
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000
For Remote Drug Discovery Data Architect roles, visit Remote Drug Discovery Data Architect Roles
Data Architect-Data Warehouse & MPP , GFS Proserve at amazon
Are you a Data Analytics specialist? Do you have Data Warehousing, Hadoop/Data Lake experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale (billions + records) data challenges in the world today? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest data analytic technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
This role will specifically focus on large scale data warehousing and data warehouse modernization. The role is to help our customers and partners to eliminate technical and economic constraints from their legacy data warehouses and help them to leverage their data to develop business insights. Our consultants will develop, deliver and implement data warehouse projects that help our customers help our customers leverage their data to develop business insights. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as data warehousing, business intelligence and advanced analytics.
Responsibilities include: – Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Redshift, Database Migration Service, Glue, S3, and Schema Conversion Tool
Solution – Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, contributing to internal Area of Depth (AoD) programs, authoring AWS Data Analytics best practice blogs/whitepaper and creating packaged data service offerings
Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects to assess and optimize customer’s Amazon Redshift implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing on-premises data warehouses using other databases to Amazon Redshift
Innovate – Engaging with the customer’s business and technology stakeholders to create a compelling vision of a data-driven enterprise in their environment
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization—leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
Key job responsibilities
• Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift.
• Solutions – Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating packaged Data & Analytics service offerings.
• Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
• Insights – Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementations and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
• Innovate – Engaging with the customer’s business and technology stakeholders to create a compelling vision of a data-driven enterprise in their environment
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
For Remote Data Architect-Data Warehouse & MPP , GFS Proserve roles, visit Remote Data Architect-Data Warehouse & MPP , GFS Proserve Roles
Professional Services II – Data Architect #0000 at amazon
Employer: Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Position: Professional Services II – Data Architect
Location: Seattle, WA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift. 2. Solutions – Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in presales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating packaged Data & Analytics service offerings.
3. Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
4. Insights – Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementations and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
5. Innovate – Engaging with the customer’s business and technology stakeholders to create a compelling vision of a data-driven enterprise in their environment.
6. Up to 50% domestic travel required to various Amazon and client locations to support business and technical relationships.
7. Telecommuting benefits available. Remote work from anywhere in the United States permitted.
For Remote Professional Services II – Data Architect #0000 roles, visit Remote Professional Services II – Data Architect #0000 Roles
Senior Enterprise Security Solution Architect, West Region at Avanade
Avanade Security has been earning accolades as one of the world’s leading Microsoft security services companies and the focus on security has never been greater. The resulting growth of Avanade’s Global Security Practice is directly tied to the increasing demand for security to be integrated in deal pursuits.
As cloud transformation accelerates, so does the need for platforms, applications and data to be fully protected from cyber threats. Avanade, in partnership with Microsoft and Accenture provide leading solutions for companies globally to securely migrate to the cloud.
As a Director and senior member of the global security organization, you will be working on many of the most exciting, complex and leading-edge projects globally advising, guiding and executing technical strategies and roadmaps to secure clients journey to the cloud and help solution their future capabilities and introduce managed security services to help them operate and run their Cloud and Network Security services.
You will be responsible for partnering across a highly matrixed organization to solution and lead large scale, complex projects for enterprise clients. Advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how security technology enables a wide range of business outcomes You will build, implement, drive, and execute strategies that result in business growth and increase client successes by delivering innovative security solutions leveraging the Microsoft portfolio of Cloud & Infrastructure Security, Application Security, Digital Identity, Data Protection, and Cyber Security Incubation offerings
You will play an active role in transforming clients approach to Security in the Cloud across both public, and hybrid cloud services, ensuring they mature their security operations through designing and implementing new approaches, technologies and compliance frameworks to help clients manage and govern their cloud and network security footprint.
As a senior member of Avanade’s security practice, you will be in a unique position to work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging in size from medium to large global enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire Avanade organization by being a collaborative and knowledge-sharing individual, with the real opportunity to help shape the global Avanade security offerings.
As an experienced cyber security technical advisor with a track record of guiding senior client stakeholders including CISO’s on major change programs, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Highly skilled at advising and shaping solutions during the client scoping phase (pre-sales) playing a critical role in the evolution of a future state cyber security framework essential for successful cloud transformation and adoption
• Comfortable facing-off to the most senior stakeholders and able build a robust cyber security roadmap for clients, recommending appropriate products and services
• Lead medium to large projects and project teams on an international basis and have a high degree of comfort operating within the grey – essential for success in this role.
• Manage deliverables and being responsible for delivering against critical milestones and possess the commercial credibility and gravitas to develop and maintain long term strategic client relationships.
• Shape security architectures for existing and proposed technologies and identify opportunities to grow market presence
• Drive cybersecurity offerings in the market, including effectively positioning and solutioning those offerings/sub-offerings with sales teams, channels, and target clients (Direct and Indirect)
• Conduct detailed risk analyses and assessments to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
• Write complete client proposals including crafting the proposed solution and collaborating with other Avanade individuals to secure new client work.
• Lead and support the initial solution delivery of a broad range of Security engagements.
• Play a leading role in solution and related sales activities by working closely with account and sales teams to ensure proposition and solution alignment.
• Develop strong and positive relationships with client executives, effectively sell follow on Security engagements.
• Experience of designing and implementing Cloud Security Controls to meet the compliance or industry best practice needs of clients.
• Deep expertise in designing and implementing cloud native Security Controls following industry, security and compliance best practices.
• Sound understanding of how to manage and govern cloud and network security controls within public and hybrid cloud architectures.
• Proven understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding the secure development lifecycle and a passion for solving these challenges for clients.
• Substantial experience of security, incident and event management solutions, their design, implementation
• A good understanding of threat modelling, risk and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors.
• An eye on the future, you will be aware of emerging technologies in the application security landscape and be aware of the latest tools and techniques to mitigate threats.
• Ideally you will have experience working on the Microsoft platform, however a breadth of expertise across other cyber security solution providers is equally as valuable and Avanade can provide focused training to rapidly bring you up to speed.
Your broader capability
• Substantial experience in technology related Management Consulting positions, with a bias towards Cybersecurity from a management/IT professional services firm and/or major enterprise.
• Experience managing projects, budgets, and teams.
• Extensive pre-sales experience in large technology programs.
• Experience in application, infrastructure or identity cyber security.
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing their goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution recommendations.
• Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
• Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Experience in assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with complex, large-scale consulting projects.
• Ability to guide and direct teams in development, production, and promotion of solution offerings.
• Experience working with global teams and/or offshore teams to facilitate project work.
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive-level clients, assessing their goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution.
You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal, and creative thinking capabilities but be a strong technologist. You will need to be ambitious, enterprising, and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a critical role in the Security Practice with an ability to scale over time.
Colorado Applicants only: As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Avanade provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $158,000 to $195,000 and  information on benefits offered is here.
For Remote Senior Enterprise Security Solution Architect, West Region roles, visit Remote Senior Enterprise Security Solution Architect, West Region Roles
Data architect at Accenture
Accenture Flex offers you the flexibility of local fixed duration project-based work powered by Accenture, a leading global professional services company.
Accenture is consistently recognized on FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For and Diversity Inc’s Top 50 Companies For Diversity lists.
As an Accenture Flex employee, you will apply your skills and experience to help drive business transformation for leading organizations and communities.
In addition to delivering innovative solutions for Accenture’s clients, you will work with a highly skilled, diverse network of people across Accenture businesses who are using the latest emerging technologies to address today’s biggest business challenges.
You will receive competitive rewards and access to benefits programs and world-class learning resources. Accenture Flex employees work in their local metro area onsite at the project, significantly reducing and / or eliminating the demands to travel.
Job Description :
• Design and enhance Datamart Data Model for Regulator, Compliance Analytics, and Reporting
• Collaborate with Data Engineers on the data model, its maintenance and optimization, and end-to-end data-driven integration strategy
• Participate in developing the future state data architecture standards, guidelines, and principles
• Build high-quality data pipelines driving analytic solutions
• Work with Product Owner / Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect
• Design, develop, test, and release features
• Optimize performance of queries and ELT / ETL procedures
• Support Adhoc Data Load and Data fixes
• Develop and maintain View for Complex Reporting requirements
• Support Data Quality rules created by the CDO Teams
• Perform Technical Mapping and Field Analysis
• Reverse engineer ETL Code to trouble data issues
• Create new ETL Code / Mappings using the Requirement Document
Basic Qualifications :
• Minimum 6 years of hands-on ETL experience in tools like Pentaho or Talend or Informatica or Data Stage
• Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience with Data Modelling, Creating, and Enhancing Data warehousing and Data Marts
• High School Diploma or GED
Preferred Qualifications :
• Experience in the Financial Service domain with exposure to risk and compliance
• Experience working with Visualization tools like Tableau
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado.
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location.
For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $48.00 – $80.00 per hour, and information on benefits is here.
COVID-19 update :
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization.
As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed.
If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process.
Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
Cloud Data Architect at Slalom, LLC
Who You’ll Work With As a modernized technology company, we’ve never met a technical challenge we didn’t like. We enable our clients to learn from their data, create incredible digital experiences, and make the most of new technologies. We blend design, engineering, and analytics expertise to build the future. We surround our technologists with interesting challenges, innovative minds and emerging technologies.
The Data & Analytics practice in Seattle is a full-service data practice with competencies across information strategy, modern data architecture, data visualization, and data science. We are seeking a Cloud Data Architect to join our local Seattle consulting team.
This is a role based in Seattle, WA.
What You’ll DoPerform TCO and ROI analysis to advise technical solution decisions
Use common data architecture practices to architect, design, and develop data/analytic platforms (e.g., data warehouses, data lakes) that are used to produce analytic products, like reports, dashboards, ML models, etc. Move, integrate, and cleanse data in highly collaborative agile environments
Configure, administrate, tune, and architect data pipelines
Deliver high-quality written, verbal, and/or visual communication to clients
What You’ll Bring6+ years of data engineering and/housing experience3+ years of experience building cloud data solutions (Azure, AWS, GCP, Snowflake)
Proven ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues and solutions to director level, non-technical candidates
Deep experience with designing and deploying end to end solutions with a cloud platform’s analytic services including storage, permissions, private cloud, database services, virtual machines, and parallel processing technologies
Proven ability to architect solutions across a variety of cloud data platform vendors (Google Cloud Big Query, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Azure Synapse)
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 45 markets around the world, Slalom’steams have autonomy to move fast and do what’s right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world’s top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 12,000 employees.
Slalom has been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more . Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability.
We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance. Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, r characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For Remote Cloud Data Architect roles, visit Remote Cloud Data Architect Roles