Data Architect (AWS, Azure, GCP) at CapTech Consulting
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem
solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We
unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data,
systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s
possible in a changing world.Â Â
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find
inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty
solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and
business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with
creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each
organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas
into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected
â€” which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the
Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.Â
CapTech Data Architects match our clients’ business goals with
available technologies when developing a strategy for a successful
data delivery implementation. We improve our clients’ business
value by enhancing data use, improving effectiveness of information
stewardship, and streamlining data flows. After gaining in-depth
understanding of our client’s business challenges, our architects
apply experience-based insight and use state-of-the-art tools and
techniques to identify the best solutions. We view our Data
Architects as thought leaders in the data space. We task them with
growing CapTech talent and expanding data and analytics delivery
Specific responsibilities for the Data Architect position
• Assessing and advocating data management technologies and
practices eliminating gaps between the current state and a
well-targeted future stateÂ
• Interpreting and delivering impactful strategic plans improving
data integration, data quality, and data delivery in support of
business initiatives and roadmapsÂ
• Formulating and articulating architectural trade-offs across
solution options before recommending an optimal solution ensuring
technical requirements are metÂ
• Motivating and developing staff through teaching, empowering,
and influencing technical and consulting “soft”
• Collaborating with client stakeholders and development staff to
ensure data architecture recommendations maximize the value of
client data across the organizationÂ
• Driving innovative technology solutions through thought
leadership on emerging trendsÂ
• Sharing project solutions and outcomes with colleagues to
improve delivery on future projectsÂ
• Partnering with CapTech business development team to
demonstrate CapTech’s technical capabilities, envision a proposed
solution CapTech can offer, and estimate proposed work
Typical experience for successful candidates
• 5+ years of experience implementing with a variety of
on-premises and cloud data management, integration, visualization,
and analytical technologiesÂ
• Experience in the design and implementation of modern data
architectures and concepts such as cloud services (e.g., AWS,
Azure, GCP), real-time data distribution (e.g., Kafka,
Kinesis,Â DataFlow), NoSQL (e.g., MongoDB, DynamoDB,
HBase), and data governanceÂ
• Ability to think strategically and relate architectural
decisions and recommendations to business needs and client
• Ability to assess traditional and modern data architectural
components based on business needsÂ
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and
rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career
paths based on your skills and passions.Â You decide
where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with
customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits
package to support you along the
way.Â Â Alongside our suite of traditional
benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability
insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended
benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.Â
• CapFlex -Â Employee-firstÂ mentality that
supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily
flexibility while servicing our clients
• Learning & Development – Programs offering certification
and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses,
mentorship, and skill development paths
• Modern Health -A mental health and well-being platform that
provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources
to support employees and their families through life’s ups and
• Carrot Fertility -Inclusive fertility and family-forming
coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption,
surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and
opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay
• Fringe -A company paid stipend program for personalized
lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that
matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify,
and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel,
fitness, and more
• Employee Resource Groups
-Â Employee-ledÂ committeesÂ thatÂ embrace
and incorporate diversity and inclusion into
ourÂ day-to-dayÂ operations
• Philanthropic Partnerships -Â Opportunities to
engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our
• 401(k)Â Matching – Generous matching and no vesting
period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering
a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness â€”
each foundational to our core values.Â We strive to
create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to
bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the
workplace.Â For more information about our Diversity,
Inclusion and Belonging efforts,Â clickÂ HERE.Â
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa
for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly
for any employer in the United States without visa
Data Architect at Devcare Solutions
Job Description :
Data Architect /DA1
Years of Relevant Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience, with 3 years in solution architecture.
Preferred Education: 4-year college degree in computer science or related field with advanced study preferred.
Job Description: This engagement will be focused on ensuring that the OOD IT project schedule and efforts to move OOD toward State of Ohio Public Cloud (Azure) solutions with industry standard cloud implementations are completed timely for all applications.
The candidate will work with OOD IT and the State of Ohio Office of Information Technology (OIT) to:
• Migrate all on-premises SQL Server solutions to Microsoft Azure SQL
• Convert SSIS jobs to use equivalent/appropriate Azure technology
• Collaborate with all IT (Network, Application Development, Database, Help Desk) technical teams to ensure proper integration of the environments
• Train and mentor state staff on tools, processes and best practices for performing data migrations from on-prem MS SQL to MS Azure SQL
• Review and recommend changes to MS Azure SQL configuration to improve performance and/or reduce expenses
• Review and recommend changes to replication, backup and recovery practices to ensure performance, reliability and recovery standards are met
Mandatory skills The position requires expertise and understanding of developing MS Azure SQL solutions with a focus in MS Azure SQL databases, MS Azure SQL Managed Instances, and MS Azure Data factories.
1. 5 years experience with MS SQL Server. Must have 3+ years experience with MS SQL 2016 and MS SQL 2019.
2. 5 years experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
3. 5 years experience with MS Azure SQL
4. 5 years experience with data replication between on-premises databases and MS Azure SQL
5. 5 years experience with MS Visual Studio and MS Azure DevOps Services
6. 5 years experience following Agile Development methodologies
Certifications or Desired skills if any 1. 18 months experience with Azure SQL Managed Instance
2. 18 months experience with MS Azure Data Factory
3. 18 months experience with MS Azure System Managed Identity
4. 18 months experience with MS Azure SQL Insights
5. 18 months experience MS Azure Data Classification
6. 18 months experience MS Azure DevOps Build Pipelines for databases
7. 5 years experience with Microsoft Power BI
8. 5 years experience with MS T-SQL Development
9. 5 Years experience with Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse environments using OLTP to OLAP ETL tools and techniques
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $62.00 – $78.00 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
• Solution architecture: 3 years (Required)
• MS Visual Studio: 5 years (Required)
• MS Azure DevOps: 5 years (Required)
Data Architect Hybrid at WayUp
THIS POSITION IS A HYBRID ROLE REQUIRING TWO (2) DAYS PER WEEK ONSITE. CANDIDATES LOCAL TO COLUMBUS, OH PREFERRED.
We are looking for Data Architectsto join our talented data analytics team.
As a Data Architect, you will work closely with many teams across our company on complex, advanced analytical projects to perform data modeling, solution design, and project leadership.
You will be directly responsible for the solutions we build for our clients, addressing their business needs through requirements gathering and collaborating on solution design. We are looking for self-starters with the skills necessary to empathize with the clients’ needs, translate technical complexities, develop appropriate solutions, and contribute to the growth of our technology and data-driven company.
Here’s what a typical day for you might look like:
• Work closely with data engineers, project managers, and engagement managers to design, implement, and support data solutions.
• Help guide full lifecycledatasolutions for our clients, including requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, and development
• Communicate detaileddata solution architecture and implementation planstodataengineers
• Conduct research and development as well as contribute to the long-term positioning of and emerging technologies
• Mentor data engineers to help grow the team andskills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of data architecture experience
• 5+ hands-on industry experience working with relational database systems (i.e.:
SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
• Experience improving data quality through the creation efficient and scalable data and analytics platforms and processes
• Expertise on Microsoft Data Platforms (including Power
• Comfortable working leading data strategy
• Deep knowledge of CMMI DMM, Gartner and other data maturity frameworks
• Experience facilitating enterprise growth and data-driven decisions by sharing ownership of D&A with business partners.
• Experience working with client leadership to understand their overarching needs and provide technical road maps to support strategic initiatives
• Eager to learn and adopt new and emerging technology stacks
• Experience with architecture in cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
• Experience in Master Data Management (MDM)
Experience in the transportation industry
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
• We are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
• We are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization, and to helping everyone around us be successful.
• We compensate well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
• Our leaders work hard, serving as shining examples of what it means to live out our values. They are servant leaders, helping their teams to be successful in all possible ways.
• We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and several opportunities to develop yourself.
• We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you’re up for the challenge!
WHAT OUR TEAM MEMBERS SAY
• “I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it’s very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like this.”
• “I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I’m a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I’m consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team.”
• “The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me.”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
Functional System Architect Senior or Principal at American Electric Power
Functional System Architect Senior or Principal
NOTE: This position is designated Remote. However, selected candidate must reside in one of AEP’s already established 11 state locations to adhere to local employment laws. (AEP is not located in the entire state in most circumstances, WV, VA, TN, AR, KY, TX, OH, IN, MI, OK, LA) .
While learning and supporting the functions of our Performance Management team to deliver reporting needs to our internal customers, this position will also serve as a member of the Data and Analytics team for our CIS replacement program, called Stratus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This role will collaborate across business units to identify reporting systems and needs of the organizations, and assist the team in achieving the following workstreams objectives. The following scope of this initiative is listed below :
• Define Reporting & Analytics Strategy for Stratus program
• Define To-Be Solution Architecture for Stratus program
• Define Future Roadmap for Stratus program
• Formulate, Document and Present Recommendations for Stratus program
• Reports including operational/transactional reporting and ad-hoc queries
• Analytics including visualization, dashboard and advanced capabilities
• KPI management
• Data feed to other downstream systems
• Data warehouse for Stratus specific use cases. Accountabilities:
• Interact effectively with Business Unit, IT personnel and vendors to provide input to ensure the completeness of everyday operations and project objectives.
• Use excellent oral and written communication in a clear, organized, and timely manner. Obtain and share information related to current issues that may influence strategic objectives and corporate operations.
• Organize your work well. Establish clear, practical goals and milestones that contribute to own performance and corporate goals. Demonstrate an understanding of the link between own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals. Perform a job with the broader goals in mind and help to break down barriers to getting work done.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude in the face of change. Work well in a changing environment, able to move forward in the presence of some degree of uncertainty.
• Establish and build trust with others and work collaboratively across functions, levels, and departments towards shared business objectives. Value the differences and similarities among people and promotes a spirit of cooperation and shared responsibility. Hold self and others to the highest ethical standards.
• Actively seek to understand the business. Understand the business environment in which we operate. Be knowledgeable about the company, essential functions, and industry trends relative to your job.
• Support the Companys Accident Prevention, Culture, and Safety/Health programs. Additional Competencies:
• Experience with AEP Customer functions and systems such as MACSS and Customer Information System (CIS),STORMS, DOVS, ODS, EDW, CRM, EDDS, TERS.
• Proficient in writing SQL queries (DB2 and Oracle) to research and analyze data.
• Proficient in retrieving data from various sources as necessary.
• Able to develop reports, and explain outputs concisely and effectively. Able to read the reactions of an audience and adjust the delivery style to fit the audience.
• Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, and the ability to determine the root causes of complex problems are required.
• Proficient in COGNOS development.
• Familiarity/knowledge of SmartSheets, SharePoint and Dashboard development. Auto req ID:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Functional System Architect (grade 7)
Bachelor’s or Associate’s in Business, IT, Engineering, Math or Statistics or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Eight (8) Years’ of Experience with Bachelor’s Degree, nine (9) Years’ of Experience with Associate’s Degree.
Functional System Architect Principal (grade 8)
Bachelor’s or Associate’s in Business, IT, Engineering, Math or Statistics or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Ten (10) or more years’ of experience with Bachelor’s Degree.
Twelve (12) or more years’ of experience with an Associate’s Degree.
1) Demonstrates good listening skills and a sincere understanding of client business needs. Ask questions to clarify understanding. 2) Relates on a personal level; positive friendly and engaging. Outgoing and comfortable in diverse groups. 3) Uses Communications Technology (voicemail, e-mail, Internet) effectively balancing with appropriate face to face communications. 4) Able to read reactions of an audience and adjust delivery style to fit the audience. 5) Able to develop and present business documents and reports clearly, concisely and effectively. 6) Demonstrate strong training and presentation skills.
Selected candidate must reside in one of AEP’s already established geographic areas.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets
For Remote Functional System Architect Senior or Principal roles, visit Remote Functional System Architect Senior or Principal Roles
Principal Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics at Amazon.com, Inc.
Are you a Data Analytics specialist? Do you have Data Warehousing, Hadoop/Data Lake experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale (billions + records) data challenges in the world today? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest data analytic technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop, deliver and implement AI, IOT, and data analytics projects that help our customers leverage their data to develop business insights. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as Machine Learning, IoT, batch/real-time data processing, Data and Business intelligence.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization-leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift.
• Solutions – Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating packaged Data & Analytics service offerings.
• Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
• Insights – Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementations and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
• Innovate – Engaging with the customer’s business and technology stakeholders to create a compelling vision of a data-driven enterprise in their environment
• Bachelor’s degree, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional or military experience
• 12+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a technical and analytical role
• 5+ years of experience of Data Lake/Hadoop platform implementation
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations.
• Experience Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem
• Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro)
• Experience with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto)
• Experience developing software code in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, etc)
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
• Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects
• Ability to collaborate effectively across organizations
• Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development
• Demonstrated industry efficiency in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences
• Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Desire and ability to interact with different levels of the organization from development to C-Level executives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For Remote Principal Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics roles, visit Remote Principal Data Architect, Data Lake & Analytics Roles
Specialist IS Architect – Manufacturing Systems at Amgen
Career Category Information Systems Job Description
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Specialist IS Architect – Amgen Ohio Manufacturing Systems Live
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will be accountable for developing and continuously aligning the site manufacturing data ecosystem with rapidly changing business needs as well as Amgen IS technical roadmaps. They will support sophisticated and exciting IS initiatives that require understanding of analytical problem-solving techniques, project management, lifecycle management and Operational Excellence.
This role is required to possess strong domain expertise in Manufacturing Information/Data Management and technical experience in database and data historian technologies and integration tools. This candidate is encouraged be proficient and enthusiastic in the areas of Industry 4.0/Smart Manufacturing and leveraging data and digital technologies to transform manufacturing operations. Key job responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
• Developing and aligning the manufacturing system ecosystem with constantly evolving business needs and Amgen technical roadmaps
• Collaborate with business partners and other architects to develop a vision and multi-year roadmap for the advancement and lifecycle management of the applications.
• Collaborate with the service owners, support teams and the application run management to maintain and support the systems.
• Manage and/or support the execution of a varied portfolio of Manufacturing Systems projects with appropriate portfolio planning, resource and risk management and financial management for the portfolio.
• Shaping Amgen’s future – Keep track of industry and technology trends, connect and foster external networking opportunities to deliver valuable insight from other similar professionals in our industry.
• Performs cross system analysis, feasibility analysis, scope projects, prioritize deliverables, and recommend efficient solution. Manage multiple initiatives and priorities
• Effectively manage relationships with IS service owners, business partners, enterprise IS service partners, and vendors
• Communicates with multiple levels within the organization, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
• Elicit and analyze needs identified by business stakeholders and convert them into functional design.
• Accountable for deployment and integration design across multiple applications to be implemented at the site. Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The outstanding professional we seek is a candidate with these qualifications.
Master’s degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience Or
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience Or
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience Or
High school diploma/GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
• 5+ years’ experience designing, developing, deploying, and operating Manufacturing Information and Data Systems
• Strong technical leadership in Manufacturing Systems
• Detailed knowledge and experience in integration of Industrial Control Systems, Data Historian or related systems
• Good understanding of GxP systems validation
• Process Automation and Engineering experience delivering value
• Strong customer service focus with the proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, stakeholders and management. Demonstrate strong collaboration across all levels of the organization. Outspoken and confident in raising action points with senior individuals with excellent written and verbal communication.
• Self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and technologies, work cross-functionally in teams (internal and external)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Information Systems
• 8+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with 5+ years of demonstrated ability in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries
• Strong experience in methods and technologies to support Manufacturing Data integrations (eg SQL, Web Services/messaging, data mapping)
• 5+ years’ combined experience with the following product platforms: Data Historian and/or MES and/or Automation/Control Systems and/or laboratory systems and/or IS platforms
• Familiarity with industry standards for software development life cycle methodologies and 21 CFR Part 11
• Experience using Visio, Lucidchart etc. to generate architecture and data flow diagrams
• Experience working with Agile development methodologies (such as Sprint and Scrum) and DevOps
• Hands-on experience with computerized systems including troubleshooting, reliability and performance improvements
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment
• Ability to lead multiple tasks and effectively set priorities
• Strong digital literacy and possess the ability to apply science-based thinking to practical applications
• Energetic, innovative and technically-minded individual! Thrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
• Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
• A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
• Generous Total Rewards Plan-comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits-with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor Apply now
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us. careers.amgen.com .
For Remote Specialist IS Architect – Manufacturing Systems roles, visit Remote Specialist IS Architect – Manufacturing Systems Roles
Solution Architecture Manager at Deloitte
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you’ll do
If you are passionate about how digital technology is transforming business, plan your next career move with Deloitte’s ITS Application Studios.
This role requires architecture design leadership for various lines of business and enterprise applications for custom web solutions and 3rd party vendor products. Responsible for web application architecture, service architecture, and technical design for high performance and scalability in a distributed, multi-tier and cross-platform environment. This role requires extensive experience in architecting and deploying web-based and web-enabled business applications, and must possess hands-on experience in coding, deploying distributed architectures and platforms, creating benchmark tests, designing for scalability and performance, and implementing large-scale vendor systems.
Our teams are already leveraging Artificial Intelligence, analytics, and cutting-edge capabilities to transform how we serve clients and operate our business. Moreover, the team is also actively exploring nascent technologies like IoT, Blockchain and AR/VR.
The Solution Architecture Manager manages large teams who are developing high level frameworks that align an organization’s IT infrastructure with business processes/data to improve the efficiency and productivity of business operations including:
The person in this role will be responsible for envisioning and developing new digital products. The person will execute day-to-day product development activities across design, development, stakeholder communication, technology vendor management and delivery.
• Collaborating with product development teams to provide a high-level vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives
• Understanding and communicating the Enterprise strategy to Application, Data and Solution Architects along with other non-technical stakeholders
• Creating project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
• Responsible for defining technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design.
• Leading technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications to ensuring that architecture standards are followed.
• Applied research and development, prototyping, and vendor evaluations
• Providing expert knowledge of mobile application architecture to business and technology teams and facilitate the collaborative development of the technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
• Providing support / guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes.
• Working with business clients and product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business / technology needs.
• Reviewing and approving 3rd party and integration solution architecture based on established enterprise application strategy.
• Communicating implications of architectural decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to business and IT Leadership.
• Defining and validating non-functional (technical) requirements and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design.
• Providing input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
• Working closely with Performance Engineering and our Web/Infrastructure Technology teams on defining the deployment architecture.
• Participating, and technically leading when needed, production troubleshooting and ‘War Room’ Activities.
• Staying abreast of changes in vendor landscape and providing guidance around DAS’ long-term vendor strategy towards mobile application development.
• Instilling a culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability.
• Seeking and capitalizing on the opportunities to improve productivity, improving time-to-market, improving solutions quality, and improving cost effectiveness.
• Anticipating barriers to change and creating opportunities to remove them.
• Creating a culture that is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices.
• Exhibiting high level of professional flexibility and volunteering innovation and new ideas.
• Mentoring technical leads and developers.
• Ability to travel up to 10-15%
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~3,000 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
• Cyber Security
• Technology Support
• Technology & Infrastructure
• Relationship Management
• Strategy & Communications
• Project Management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or Information Systems or related and/or equivalent experience
• Minimum 6 years Industry experience, in architecture and delivery of software products and solutions.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in an architect role in a large Scaled Agile program.
• Minimum 1 year of leadership/management experience
• Experience in a data engineering role with demonstrable experience with Cognitive computing, data integration, data mining, Natural Language Processing, Hadoop platforms, and automating machine learning components.
• Experience designing and implementing off-prem public cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.) environments and architectures and operational models. Including developing cloud-ready
• One or more programming languages (i.e. C#, Java, Python); One or more databases (SQL/No SQL), Web front end technologies (Angular, ReactJS, VueJS etc.), Application frameworks (.Net, Java), Business Intelligence solutions (Power BI, Tableau), Enterprise integration patterns (MOM, SOA etc.), Machine learning & AI, Big Data analytics, One or more cloud provider (Azure, AWS, GCP), Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Service Fabric etc.)
• Certified Cloud Solution Architect by one or more cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP) Preferable
• Work is non-standardized and widely varied, involving many complex and significant variables including significant time spent planning, evaluating complex solutions and issues, and negotiating outcomes. Strong analytic ability and inductive thinking are frequently required to devise new approaches to situations where previously accepted solutions have proven inadequate. Supervision typically consists of periodic coaching, advice, and feedback. Management of a team within a business line.
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $104,575 – $192,590.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
FY23 US_DAS_90 and FY23 US_DAS_92
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Data & Analytics at Avaap
Avaap is a global, cross-platform industry-focused technology management consulting and advisory services firm. Our customers include health systems, educational institutions, manufacturers, and government agencies. Avaap executes with a purpose-driven approach that combines expert-level technology consulting, industry knowledge, and deep application expertise with superior customer experiences. The track record of successful deployments and strategic engagements is the result of our growing, dedicated team and great workplace culture that supports a rewarding work experience fueled by personal and professional growth. Avaap has a dedicated Advisory Services business unit that maintains strategic partnerships with market-leaders including Workday, Oracle, SAP, Prosci , Tableau, Snowflake, and Alteryx.
A Data Solutions Architect is someone that has a deep appreciation for all things data and has the experience and skills to work with executives and key business stakeholder to understand wholistic objectives, drive requirements and lead/mentor development teams while also having the ability themselves to analyze, model, transform, and present data to drive tangible value. You may come from a traditional business intelligence background, or your experience may be fully immersed in the modern analytics landscape; either way, you hold a vast level of experience with key data architecture and management principles, techniques, tools and methodologies.
You Are Also a Contributor Of Three Key Elements
Technical Solutioning – you have the depth and skill to fully own key components/workstreams related to the conceptual development of complex data solutions from ideation and design through deployment and operations. As a Data Solutions Architect, you are versed in fully understanding the big picture when it comes to architecting and implementing data solutions and have a keen eye for details to design, develop and deploy every component that you have been assigned. While you have strong articulation skills to describe a technical solution and can help communicate its key features and capabilities to others with ease, you prioritize your contributions by example by rolling up your sleeves and doing hands on development using a variety technologies, tools, and techniques.
Project Delivery – you have the experience to understand and appreciate that no matter how cool a data solution is, it is worthless if it never gets built and delivered correctly for the customer. As a Data Solutions Architect, you are focused on developing strong work plans that align to the overall delivery approach for your team to design, develop and deploy a data solution. You understand the value of a work break down structure and have 10+ years of experience in developing solution delivery plans related to the design and development of key pieces to large and complex data solutions. You see the value of project management techniques in whatever combination of waterfall, agile and/or a hybrid approach and can develop and execute upon project delivery plans. Your communication skills and experiences as a delivery leader are critical and you make sure to keep everyone from individual contributors on your team to your project leaders, and clients in the loop about progress, with an emphasis on communicating across organizations and levels. If critical issues block progress, refer them up the chain of command to be resolved in a timely manner.
People Management – let us be real, not even the smartest and most talented Data Solutions Architect can do it by themselves; everyone needs a team and AVAAP prides itself on a team first culture. You have 3+ years of experience leading development teams through complex and transformative delivery efforts on the workstreams you will manage. Your experience as a Data Solutions Architect is to be a leader for your workstream and you bring the requisite people skills that establish a healthy and respectful culture on your projects and for your teammates. As a Data Solutions Architect, you embrace being positioned as a mentor for many junior resources that may be on your projects. You positively influence less experienced, junior resources to support not only their project contributions, but also support their professional development/career roles by providing them key insights from your own working experiences.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
• Studies in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or Technical Science
• Deep understanding of modern data and analytics architecture, best practices, and technology landscape
• Experience working with modern data and analytics technology for data integration, transformation, and visualization (Alteryx and Tableau preferred)
• Experience designing and developing complex dashboards and reporting solutions
• Experience working in Cloud data platforms, most specifically AWS, Snowflake, Azure and/or Google
• Experience developing, architecting, and managing data solutions using enterprise data integration or ETL/ELT vendor technologies
• Experience working with open sources tools like Python and R or familiarity with their capabilities
• Familiarity with machine learning and artificial intelligence technology, solutioning and best practices
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to communicate effectively between technical teams, functional teams, managers, and business users
• Must have experience leading development teams and mentoring resources of all experience levels
• 10+ years of experience designing and developing data solutions in the traditional business intelligence and/or modern data and analytics space
• Deep fluency and skills with SQL for in-depth data analysis, profiling, troubleshooting, modeling, and transformation to meet complex business requirements as well as skills to optimize and tune SQL queries
• Deep understanding of data management and modeling approaches and best practices
• Must be able to perform work indoors and remain stationary at a computer
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
• Passion for exceptional customer service and collaboration
• Ability to work remotely or out of one of Avaap’s physical office locations
• Current permanent U.S. work authorization required
Avaap offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; Business Development Bonus Program to reward employees’ contributions to business development; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and unlimited sick days. Avaap budgets for individual employee continued education, training and certifications. Our wellness program supports employee total well-being by providing free gym memberships, one on one wellness coaching, and many more. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States
For Remote Data & Analytics roles, visit Remote Data & Analytics Roles
IT Architect / Consultant 1 at Ohio Department of Aging
Our mission at the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) is advancing the health and well-being of all Ohioans. Our agency is committed to building a modern, vibrant public health system that creates the conditions where all Ohioans flourish.
The Ohio Department of Health supports a hybrid teleworking model. This position may work a hybrid schedule at the discretion of the manager or supervisor, which will require occasional attendance in the office for training, meetings and other operational needs. Employees must reside within a reasonable distance to their assigned headquarters for compliance with workplace reporting requirements.
What You’ll Do:
The Office of Management Information systems administers the computer-based management systems across the ODH enterprise. The office is responsible for maintaining ODH computer networks and servers and for the development and implementation of strategies that support the current and future technology needs of the agency. This position will create and recommend for approval IT artifacts which include policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, best practices and position papers (e.g., develops long range strategic and business plans). The incumbent of this position will:
• lead complex initiatives for organizational improvement frameworks in assigned discipline/program (i.e., Azure Cloud Services)
• work with IT staff, CIO and IT Managers to deploy and configure cloud
architecture (i.e., implement workloads and security in the cloud, create and deploy
applications to the cloud, implement authentication and secure data in the cloud, develop for the cloud and cloud storage)
• evaluate information systems needs of agency and researches most difficult or complex information system problems (e.g., design for identity, security and deployment; design a data platform solution, business continuity strategy, infrastructure strategy, migration, and integration)
• prepare proposals for equipment and/or contract services and provides input into agency budget process
• analyze and design complex and/or interagency implementation involving
heterogenous platforms, protocols and/or network operating systems (e.g., SOCC and cloud platforms)
What’s in it for you:
At the State of Ohio, we take care of the team that cares for Ohioans. We provide a variety of quality, competitive benefits to eligible full-time and part-time employees. For a list of all the State of Ohio Benefits, visit our Total Rewards website ! Our benefits package includes:
• Quality, affordable, and competitive medical benefits are offered through the Ohio Med PPO plan.
Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
• Dental, vision and basic life insurance premiums are free after one year of continuous service.
Time Away From Work and Work/Life Balance
• Paid time off, including vacation, personal, and sick leave
• 11 paid holidays per year
• Childbirth/Adoption leave
Ohio Public Employees Retirement System
• OPERS is the retirement system for State of Ohio employees. The employee contributes 10% of their salary towards their retirement. The employer contributes an amount equal to 14% of the employee’s salary. Visit the OPERS website for more information.
• The Ohio Deferred Compensation program is a 457(b) voluntary retirement savings plan. Visit the Ohio Deferred Compensation website for more information.
Ohio is a Disability Inclusion State and strives to be a Model Employer of Individuals with disabilities. The State of Ohio is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws.
Core undergraduate program in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 4 years combined work experience in any combination of the following:
assisting with development and updates to the strategic Information Technology plan, participating in work groups to author Information Technology plan by discipline/program team and/or leading activities to achieve project tasks/meet deadlines, and performing solutions design for assigned discipline/program team (e.g., software development, infrastructure, database administration, security) including 2 years technology related work experience as specified by the agency position description and vacancy/job posting.
Note: the official position description on file with the designated agency is to reflect, in the minimum acceptable characteristics, the required technology related experience. Only those applicants possessing the required technology related experience listed in the position description are to be considered for any vacancies posted. The vacancy/job posting should also only list the required technology related experience commensurate with the position in question.
Applications of those who meet the minimum qualifications will be further evaluated against the following criteria:
• Undergraduate or advanced degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
• Experience with Azure Environment (Virtual Networks, Storatge Accounts, Network Security groups, App Service Environments, SQL Databases)
• Experience designing and implementing an infrastructure strategy
• Experience designing a business continuity/disaster recovery strategy
• Experience designing and implementing an identity and security strategy
• Experience implementing authentication and securing data
• Experience determining workload requirements
• Experience with Azure DevOps (GIT/Pipelines/Azure Repos, Tasks and Templates)
All eligible applications shall be reviewed considering the following criteria: qualifications, experience, education, and active disciplinary record.
For Remote IT Architect / Consultant 1 roles, visit Remote IT Architect / Consultant 1 Roles
Solutions Architect REMOTE at EDI Staffing, an EDI Specialists Company
• Provide deep understanding of thePlatform integration capabilities including but not limited to API, EDI, and 3rd party integrations
• Set engagement objectives and scope, develop work plans, and coordinate activities across and between multiple project workstreams
• Participate on active client implementation project teams to drive best practices and our technical solution
• Develop software design and architecture documentation
• Identify and resolve issues related to the activation and implementation of the Platform
• Assess clients’ technical needs and capabilities during implementations
• Lead solution proof-of-concept sessions with clients to educate on best practices, identify gaps, and recommend process changes and/or solution refinement approaches
• Provide sound recommendations on technical solution to ensure success
• Provide highly responsive customer service and maintain a high level of member satisfaction
• Record and document solutions to common and difficult problems
• Collaborate with engineering to improve the implementation and configuration of professional service processes
• Stay current on software engineering trends & tools, and be practical but open-minded in applying them
• Maintain a high bar for quality and performance of your solutions with vigorous attention to detail.
• Continuously improve how we design, build, and ship software as a highly functional team
• Subject matter expertise within the logistics and supply chain field, including experience working with transportation management systems (TMS).
• A firm grasp of modern software engineering principles and best practices
• Knowledgeable about all phases of the software development life cycle and solution delivery for web, client server, and cloud-based systems
• Experience working directly with customers and stakeholders to understand and develop requirements and formulate solutions
• An understanding of enterprise architecture and how various systems interact and integrate with each other
• Experienced designing and recommending solutions that leverage EDI and API integration technologies
• Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to prepare and deliver presentations for user, client, and executive level audiences
• Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to prepare and deliver presentations for user,client, and executive level audiences
• Ability to workindependently, meet objectives, lead priorities/projects with minimal direction
• Initiative and a strong desire to produceresults in a dynamic organization
• Client-first approach and ability to advocate on the Client’s behalf while also balancing internal priorities