Marketing Data Analyst at Rose Quarter
Become a part of the team behind the team.
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we do more than basketball. We are blazing trails toward winning championships on and off the court.
We are pioneers and innovators. We look for people who push boundaries, who dream, who are committed to inclusivity who want to contribute to Rip City!
As our Marketing Data Analyst, you play a meaningful role focused on analyzing marketing campaigns, identifying holistic ROI and advising marketing and sales strategy based on historical performance and current trends. You will work within the customer data platform and data warehouse to better understand our fan base and help with audience development.
• Analyze marketing campaigns and build out reporting to monitor in near real-time. This includes sales results tied to campaign leads, digital spend on campaign to calculate ROAS, and all costs like commissions and discounts to show true margins.
• Measure marketing efficiency across channels based on prelaunch critical metrics.
• Strategic partner in campaign planning that helps recommend and prioritize campaigns based on historical performance and current trends.
• Integral to onboarding an attribution model across measurable marketing channels (especially digital)
• Perform market research activities to provide critical information about our business landscape.
• Coordinate post campaign debriefs for key findings and opportunities to scale.
• Analyze various datasets, provide insights, and recommend actions to be taken based on those insights.
• Use and request reports across Tableau, Stellaralgo, Google Analytics, and more to help build data driven decision making across the org.
• Develop data-informed and visually pleasing reports to showcase the impact of marketing initiatives and campaigns.
• Search out and incorporate new data sources that can help answer potential business problems.
Wed like to hear from you if you:
• 3+ years proven experience performing sophisticated analytical duties such as researching, analyzing, summarizing, and communicating data.
• Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Experience with Google Analytics, Tableau, Power BI and SQL.
• Experience analyzing sales funnels.
• Ability to optimally communicate results and present new insights to strategic partners and executives.
• Data first philosophy but puts forward thoughtful decision-making in ambiguous situations.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred.
Offers of employment are conditional upon proof of COVID-19 vaccination or approval of a medical or religious exemption and accommodation from the company along with the successful results of an individual background check. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories and review results on an individual basis.
The Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter embraces diversity and inclusion. We celebrate individual expression and uniqueness on our campus. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination. We are committed to hiring individuals that reflect the community we serve without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We invest in our employees inside and outside of work. Our benefits package for full-time teammates includes:
• Competitive Healthcare Coverage
• Retirement Plan
• Paid Maternal & Parental Leave
• Flexible Time Off (3 weeks + 11 holidays)
• Wellness Perks
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Free Parking + Discounted Mass Transit Passes
• Discounted & Complimentary Tickets
• Ongoing Learning & Development
• Daily Free Lunch
Requisition ID: 2022-1381
Data Science Analyst at The Cadmus Group
US-VA-Arlington, Virginia | US-OR-Portland | US-MT-Helena | US-GA-Atlanta | US-MA-Waltham | US-MA-Boston | US-CA-Santa Monica | US-CA-Oakland | US-WA-Seattle
# of Openings
Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are driven to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals. On the Cadmus team, you’ll collaborate with leading experts to help our clients across the globe.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
Cadmus is seeking a Data Scientist with proven applied analytics experience to join a growing and dynamic technology team. The successful candidate will support our government and private clients to analyze data on their training programs, and ultimately be part of the team that enables a new capacity of data-driven decision making to improve the effectiveness of their training programs. Initial projects will focus on Department of Homeland Security clients and training topics relating to cybersecurity and critical infrastructure. The successful candidate will work with clients and other stakeholders to understand appropriate modeling, statistics, or metrics based on data availability and business questions. The successful candidate will also work closely with Cadmus subject matter experts, business intelligence analysts, data architects, and junior data analysts.
This position is open to remote work!
Work with non-technical Cadmus subject matter experts on translating client objectives into analysis and applications requirements
• Lead staff in implementing statistics, models, and analysis for decision support:
• Assess available data, including client data, demographic data, environmental justice communities, hazard potential, and records of past hazard events
• Apply machine learning (ML) models and natural language processing (NLP) to understand past training program impact, distill multiple years of trainee feedback, and assess the effectiveness of past training programs in reaching targeted communities
• Provide significant value by implementing industry best practices and leading junior technical staff
• Talent for selecting and applying appropriate models to help clients find insights in their data and to guide data-driven decision-making
• Applied experience implementing machine learning, regression, statistical modeling, or other predictive or prescriptive models
• Strong command of programming in R or Python
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant work experience or graduate degree plus 3+ years relevant work experience
• Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other project team members
• Excellent oral communication skills including ability to explain technical information to a non-technical audience
• Desire to grow professionally and take on challenging work assignments
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen – Candidate must be able to obtain DHS Suitability prior to starting.
• Graduate degree in related field
• 10 years relevant work experience
• Experience in natural language processing, sentiment analysis, or data mining
• Experience with cloud computing platforms, preferably Spark, Databricks, or Azure technologies
• Experience with SQL and data wrangling packages (such as R dplyr or Python pandas) and relational databases
• Data visualization expertise or experience with technologies such as PowerBI, Tableau, or R Shiny
Additional Information: To be considered, candidate must apply on-line and submit a resume.
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. ‘Full vaccination’ means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Lead Revenue Data Analyst at Doordash
About the Team
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Revenue Data team with ample development opportunities. We’re looking for a Revenue Data Manager to drive our revenue automation and systems infrastructure while keeping pace within one of the fastest growing marketplace companies.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
• Work cross functionally with Product, BI, Engineering, and Technical accounting, to collect and implement accounting journal entry requirements from the business related to new products and features launching in the business.
• Help drive key system initiatives and improvements around transaction level reconciliation and monitoring processes
• Assess current month end revenue data state and find gaps in the data flows and reconciliation process, working with product teams on timeline of and plan for resolving data variances
• Ensure appropriate documentation on revenue data workflows and documentation on SOX Controls are maintained for the month end process for the company
• Assist with quarterly and annual internal and external audit requirements and walkthroughs
• Support ad hoc projects as assigned
We’re excited about you because…
• Self-motivated and self-managed – able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
• Get-it-done mindset – you’re able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
• Data-obsessed and unafraid to go down to the lowest level of detail for truth
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science, or related field, CPA preferred.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB standards, SOX/internal controls
• SQL database experience required, including database management and query design
• Experience with NetSuite, Tableau, Salesforce, GSuite preferred
• 6+ years of accounting, data analytics, finance, and/or related field, including 2+ years experience in managing and developing staff
• Experience in the gig economy or marketplace company a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
• We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
• We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
• We are learners – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
• We are customer-obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
• We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
• We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users-from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Financial Analyst at Allstream
Are you the type of person who loves data, how it can drive informed decisions and want to work in a dynamic environment? Allstream is looking for a Financial Analyst to join its new centralized product team and own product data analysis. From creating standardized IRR models to understanding what our customers are buying and why, our Financial Analyst will not only be a math whiz but also able to present and draw conclusions from the data to help drive decisions and action. If you want more than a typical 8-5 mundane position and want to join a friendly, passionate team with limitless potential, we’d love to meet you.
What you’ll do:
• Responsible for Product Contribution modeling across all Allstream business units
• Deliver monthly Operating Cost metrics and forecasting reports
• Produce and track product dashboards and KPI that are aligned to the product strategy
• Organize and distill large amounts of customer and product data into key takeaways
• Deliver insightful, actionable recommendations, based on data and analysis
• Drive the creation and review of capital investment business cases to optimize the Allstream product strategy
• Analyze partnership agreements associated with strategic vendors and clients to identify key issues, risks or opportunities.
• Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing and Business Strategy on key initiatives and analysis
• Bachelors degree in mathematics, finance, or related discipline, and/or related work experience.
• 2+ years’ experience with data analysis
• Familiarity with cost models and key metrics
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving and able to draw conclusions and recommendations from data
• Able to present information concisely and clearly to all levels of management, including financial, technical, and executive level audiences
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
• Goal oriented with high standards for quality and performance
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills with the ability to listen and adapt in a changing environment
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, handle stressful situations and tight deadlines, and succeed in a fast paced and complex environment
Scope Of Position:
Works under limited to no supervision, both independently and within a team environment. Position requires a self-motivated well-organized individual with initiative. The Financial Analyst is a complex position requiring the ability to utilize data, product and customer knowledge to track metrics and make recommendations. Must demonstrate an ability to organize and prioritize one’s workload while also being able to reprioritize as unforeseen situations arise without losing sight of the previous work load and commitments.
(The following are physical requirements of the position as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act)
Requires continuous sitting, hearing and talking, occasional standing and walking, and infrequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, kneeling and walking on uneven surfaces. Requires infrequent lifting and carrying of from 10-25 pounds. Requires frequent keyboarding work. Close detail work requiring visual acuity.
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to accurately reflect the positions activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
For Remote Financial Analyst roles, visit Remote Financial Analyst Roles
Data Analyst/Looker Visualization at Motion Recruitment Partners LLC
Position: Data Analyst (Looker for Visualization)
We have an exciting new position for an aviation client of ours who is looking for a Data Analyst to join their team.
This position is full-time/direct hire. It is remote.
Want to join a company that not only works within aviation but is bringing ML algorithms and models to that industry? Then this could be the perfect role for you. The company is growing fast and recently closed well over 100million in their most recent round of funding. With this growth, they are looking to bring on a more Data Research Analyst to join their team.
In this role you’ll be figuring out why some data isn’t accurate. There is a ML pipeline that does calculations, sometimes it isn’t always right so you will have to trace the pipeline to see where something went wrong.
You will be building a monitoring-and-learning tool in efforts to enhance it tp the next level and add visualization to the data.
Required Skills & Experience
• 4+ years of experience
• Python (moderate)
Desired Skills & Experience
• Experience presenting to stakeholders
• Detail Oriented
What You Will Be Doing
• 95% Data Analytics
• 5% Python
• 80% Hands On
• 0% Management
• 20% Team Collaboration
• 10-20% Bonus
You will receive the following benefits:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Benefits
• Vision Benefits
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.
For Remote Data Analyst/Looker Visualization roles, visit Remote Data Analyst/Looker Visualization Roles
Senior Data Analyst at CareOregon
To protect the health and well-being of our members, employees and community, Health Share requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exception as a qualification of employment.
Candidates who receive an offer of employment by Health Share, must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or submit a medical or religious exception request, which will be evaluated in accordance with Health Share standard accommodation process. Job Title Sr Data Analyst Exemption Status Exempt Department Health Share of Oregon Manager Title Analytics Manager Direct Reports n/a
Requisition # 19826 Job Summary This position is responsible for developing and implementing systems, methods and processes for effective analysis and reporting of healthcare information. This covers information obtained from a variety of sources, including administrative, clinical, financial, and demographic data. This position is central to our efforts to obtain, organize, and synthesize useful information that will be presented to our clinical and business partners in a manner that most effectively supports improving the health of our members.
It involves working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to identify data that offers information value and to complete data analytics that enable full realization of that value.
Responsibilities + Utilize SQL to develop reports and analyses for explaining trends. + Provide information to partners and inform strategic direction. + Establish new analysis methods, data management, reporting environments and information distribution methods using database, analytics technology and current business intelligence tools and methods. + Create and maintain dashboards to visualize and interpret data findings. + Maintain a strong understanding of Health Share of Oregon’s structure, along with its business data and IT processes to make effective data decisions.
+ Research current best practices and Assess Health Share data systems and processes to ensure data integrity, security, and validity. + Identify and propose opportunities and solutions for the organization’s analytics program, systems and processes. + Lead and/aboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams to understand their needs and identify reporting opportunities, keeping senior leadership apprised.
Responsibilities + Perform work in alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, and values. + Support the organization’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion by fostering a culture of open mindedness, cultural awareness, compassion, and respect for all individuals. + Strive to meet annual business goals in support the organization’s strategic goals. + Adhere to the organization’s policies, procedures, and other relevant compliance needs.
+ Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required Knowledge: + Extensive SQL and database knowledge + Skilled in data integrity, data flows and data storage + Knowledge of key elements of health care data, including claims, provider, enrollment and assignment information + Database repositories and warehousing technology expertise +
Ability to gain strong understanding and anticipation of stakeholder needs Core
Skills and Abilities:
+ Strong data analytics skills + Proficient with developing data visualizations and dashboards, preferably with Tableau + Advanced understanding and skills with business intelligence tools and technologies +
Ability to apply business knowledge to ensure data is accurate, valid, timely and clean +
Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and competing deadlines + Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present complex information effectively to a variety of audiences +
Ability to handle confidential information including protected health information and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders and partners + Strong attention to detail +
Able to work in resource-limited fast-paced environment with lots of change +
Ability to lead, take initiative and work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment Physical
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to perform repetitive finger, wrist, shoulder, at least 6 hours/day +
Ability to see, read, hear, and speak clearly for at least 6 hours/day Cognitive
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to focus on and comprehend information and learn new skills and abilities +
Ability to assess a situation and seek or determine appropriate resolution +
Ability to accept direction and feedback, as well as tolerate and manage stress
Education and/or Experience
+ Minimum 5 years’ relevant professional experience in hands-on data analytics Preferred: + Data analytics experience in a health care setting + Experience using an enterprise data warehouse + …
For Remote Senior Data Analyst roles, visit Remote Senior Data Analyst Roles
Business Intelligence Analyst – Work at Home at 309 Humana Pharmacy Solutions, Inc.
Are you the type of person who is skilled at taking a problem and leveraging data to help solve it? We’re looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to help solve business problems, utilizing data to provide clarity and actionable insights to decision-makers. If you enjoy writing code to query data and using your expertise in business intelligence to drive results, this is an opportunity for you!
As a BI Analyst on Humana’s Pharmacy Analytics and Consulting (PAC) team, you will utilize tools like SAS and SQL-based platforms to query large datasets. And you’ll leverage technologies like Power BI to explore, analyze, and visualize your data — utilizing your skills to create insightful, actionable business information for our pharmacy teams.
This position partners closely with our CenterWell Specialty Pharmacy, supporting data and analytic needs to solve challenges, optimize revenue growth strategies, and establish sales goals through analytics. In addition, you’ll collaborate with senior associates on the team, handling ad hoc requests and helping business partners form data-driven decisions.
• Collaborative and team-oriented, welcomes guidance/coaching while able to work autonomously
• Proficiency in writing SQL and/or SAS code to work with big and complex data sets
• Demonstrated ability analyzing and forecasting data to support business decisions (or equivalent academic experience)
• Comfortable communicating and working with stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience, or equivalent experience in a data- or analytics-oriented role
• Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuous improvement
• 3+ years of experience in SQL, SAS or other data systems (Advanced degree in relevant field, such as Business Analytics, will be considered in place of professional experience)
• Experience creating Power BI or Tableau dashboards
• A/B testing, study design, and/or data modelling experience
• Familiarity working with healthcare-related data
Scheduled Weekly Hours
For Remote Business Intelligence Analyst – Work at Home roles, visit Remote Business Intelligence Analyst – Work at Home Roles
Data Scientist at Mercury
In the 1840s, Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace worked on an early version of the computer known as the ‘Analytics Engine’. In the words of computing historian Doron Swade, “What Lovelace saw…was that numbers could represent entities other than quantity” and together they laid the foundation for general purpose computing.
While much has changed since then, the importance of numbers in building great technology remains. As Mercury builds a banking stack for startups*, we’re looking for Data Scientists who can help us build our analytics engine by making meaning of data and identifying opportunities for improvement.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for proactively deriving data insights and partnering with engineering, marketing, design, onboarding and other product business teams to inform how we invest in and build Mercury’s future. You’ll be early to building a data-informed culture across Mercury so that we can all determine what’s happening, react quickly, and invest intelligently.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
• Understand funnels, usage patterns, and long term trends to identify opportunities to improve Mercury’s products
• Define and analyze metrics that inform tactical decisions and overall strategy for teams that allow us to monitor the health of our products
• Educate teams on how to best use data and define best practices for making decisions on prioritization, experimentation, risk models, and more
• Use a variety of exploratory, data visualization, and statistical techniques to uncover actionable insights, including A/B testing, cohort analysis, regression modeling, trend analysis, user segmentation, and machine learning
• Assess risk and tradeoffs of different approaches in solutions for Growth, Product, Compliance, or other important areas of the business
• Influence and partner with engineering, marketing design, onboarding and business teams to implement data-based recommendations that will improve entrepreneurs’ lives and generate revenue for Mercury
• Have 2+ years of experience working with product teams on goaling, experimentation, funnels, and finding new opportunities with minimal guidance
• Have fluency in SQL, and other statistical programming languages (e.g. Python, R, etc.)
• Have experience finding valuable insights, crafting data pipelines and dashboards that track progress of teams
• Have the ability to proactively ask questions, turn them into analyses, and make your case to various stakeholders, including senior leadership
• And ideally, the know-how to make cool graphs
• Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust®; Members FDIC.
For Remote Data Scientist roles, visit Remote Data Scientist Roles
Senior Analyst – Nodal Market at AVANGRID RENEWABLES, LLC
Avangrid Renewables is seeking a bright, motivated, and collaborative candidate to lead the Nodal Market and Data Analytics. This Nodal Market and Data Analytics team is part of the Market Fundamentals group that analyzes the energy markets across North America, maintains up-to-date models and analytics tools, develops insightful market views and forecasts, and conduct sophisticated congestion/curtailment/revenue/basis/pricing analyses. These views and analyses are key drivers for investment decisions (wind, solar, storage, hydro slices, etc.), hedging activities, and development of corporate strategies.
This role will be responsible for nodal energy market modeling, model-driven analytics, data automation, data-driven analytics and visualization. An ideal candidate for this role would have a passion developing models and leveraging insights from data to solve complex but meaningful problems.
• Lead the nodal energy market modeling effort including developing, updating, and validating production costing models for EI, WECC, and ERCOT
• Coordinate energy market assumptions with other Fundamentals staff who are responsible for long-term price forecasts
• Perform nodal energy market simulations and analytics to study basis, curtailment, negative price, storage optimization, and energy deliverability and associated network upgrades
• Research transmission planning development in different ISO/RTOs and utility IRPs, perform power flow studies, and develop regional transmission views that affect renewables and storage projects
• Identify and evaluate opportunities for data automation and process improvement
• Lead the effort to perform advanced data-driven analytics and statistics, including historical basis analysis
• Collaborate with investment office, origination, development, policy, and other internal teams to support various projects
• Prepare briefing materials for internal stakeholders and senior management
• Evaluate data and service subscriptions to ensure effective combination of internal resources and external expertise
Skills and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, mathematics, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in production cost modeling and simulations using software such as AURORA, PROMOD, PLEXOS, Gridview, GE MAPS, etc.
• Demonstrated experience in power flow and transmission planning
• Proficiency in Microsoft office tools and ability to use programing languages such as Python, R, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively at both business and technical levels
• Ability to stay current with relevant technology innovation and market rule changes that impact job responsibilities
• Ability to acquire Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII) clearance and safeguard critical information appropriately
• Demonstrated experience in data analytics and/or advanced statistical analysis as related to energy markets. Working knowledge of data science and machine learning concepts
• Self-motivated, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong team skills to collaborate with members with diverse background in a fast-paced industry
• Develop Self & Others
• Empower to grow
• Collaborate and Share
• Be a role model
• Focus to achieve results
• Be agile
• Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
For Remote Senior Analyst – Nodal Market roles, visit Remote Senior Analyst – Nodal Market Roles
Database Systems Analyst at APR Staffing
Database Systems Analyst
Location: 100% remote but local is preferred. Minimal onsite may be required in the future.
Duration: 6+ month contract, around 20 hours a week.
Summary of Need
We are seeking a resource to lead the assessment, configuration, and extension of a large, and growing, in-cloud dataset residing in the Snowflake data-warehousing platform.
Initially implemented a couple years ago, the processes relating to ingesting, processing, and accessing the data have grown increasingly problematic as the data set continues to grow.
As we plan to continue to grow the dataset, add additional sources of data, and join it to existing legacy data sets, we need to ensure the solution effectively meets our needs, is secure, and is robust.
This resource will lead the overall work effort, including designing new capabilities that fit within the existing architecture.
This resource will work closely with business users clarifying and documenting requirements, work under the general direction of our Security, Infrastructure and Database Lead, coordinate with vendors who provide the data, and coordinate with our outsourced database services organization (which has to-date performed the bulk of the configuration work).
This resource is expected to effectively function as a contributing member of our existing IT team. It is expected this role will be approximately 6 months in duration at roughly half-time.
Required Skills and Experience
Ability to clarify business needs and transform them into documented technical requirements in accordance with our existing Snowflake-centric architecture
Experience working with database tables, stored procedures, scripts, and related back-end database objects
Working familiarity with Azure, Azure SQL, ODBC, and PowerShell
Ability to formalize and document technical tasks and processes, especially where multiple organizations play roles
Ability to understand data sensitivity and how selecting various subsets of a larger data set can provide anonymity to individual rows of data
Ability to effectively troubleshoot data transfer, data load, and data extract issues. Experience with automated secure data transfers a plus.
Experience with combining large data sets
Ability to effectively interact and build rapport with business users
Ability to stay organized and communicate clearly
Additional Desired Skills and Experience
Direct experience with the Snowflake data-warehousing platform
Experience with MS SQL, PostgreSQL, and Excel as a data platform
Experience managing complex technical projects across multiple organizations
Ability to estimate duration of project tasks with reasonable accuracy
Experience assessing the quality and validity of data sets
Exposure to the NIST Cyber Security Framework (NIST CSF), or similar framework
Anticipated Scope of Work
Assess the effectiveness of our current data transfer and Snowflake data load process. As needed, modify existing process such that is it secure, auditable, and reliable.
The current process involves the contractors securely transferring data to an incoming location where that dataset is then processed and ingested into our Snowflake data environment.
Assess the effectiveness of our current data extract and data access processes. As needed, modify existing process such that they are secure, auditable, and reliable.
The current data access process requires the manual transfer of multiple files to both our website (for semi-secure access) and a SharePoint Online library (for secure access).
Direct access to Snowflake and/or other solutions, that require less manual intervention, need to be researched and assessed
Extend the data transfer and data extract/access processes for an additional stream of incoming data.
Data will be similar in nature to the existing solution but come from a different contractor and may have slightly different characteristics.
Plan and oversee the joining of our growing Snowflake data to existing legacy data set(s).
Open questions to be assessed include: security and access, how best to load or link to alternate data set(s), how best to join datasets, how best to provide access to resulting new data set(s).
Depending on experience of resource and progress of the four above items, potentially play a role in security-related infrastructure projects.
As part of the IT Team, assist with the resolution of IT Support tickets, as needed
As part of the IT Team, assist with general IT projects/priorities, as needed
About our Technical Environment
Approximately 30 Windows Server VMs running in a Dell VxRails (VMware) environment
Primarily on-prem infrastructure with growing number of VMs and databases in Azure
Primarily MS SQL Server databases, with some Postgres, and Snowflake
Primarily Microsoft-centered infrastructure with some custom Python applications
Exchange Online (via Office 365)
Various online SaaS applications (e.g. NetSuite, Paycom)
Windows PC environment, approximately 95 users
On-prem SharePoint 2016 with some SPO sites
Custom CRM application (Company) running on the Microsoft stack
Existing IT Team includes the following roles:
Senior Technical Systems Analyst/Security Lead
Senior User Support Analyst
Websites Infrastructure Analyst
SharePoint Solutions Analyst
Legacy CRM Systems Analyst (contractor)
Salesforce Systems Analyst (contractor)
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About APR Staffing
APR Staffing was born from the merger of two well-respected technical staffing firms in Portland.
ieSolutions, founded in 2002, enjoyed an impressive reputation as one of the largest locally-owned and most respected technical staffing companies.
Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned regional acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly-motivated professional staffing agency.
Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies.
The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest-growing and most-respected professional and technical staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative professionals. We provide only high-caliber, professional-grade resources throughout the Pacific Northwest.
For Remote Database Systems Analyst roles, visit Remote Database Systems Analyst Roles