Data Analyst at KIPP Texas
KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose -college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at .
About the Analytics Team
The KIPP Analytics Team (KAT) is a highly agile team within KIPP Texas Public Schools with the purpose to rapidly increase the availability of usable, relevant data to all campus and department stakeholders. Our team’s focus is to equip leaders with the needed data to drive mission-aligned action and best support our students.
KIPP Texas is currently seeking a smart, motivated and experienced Data Analyst to bring strong problem-solving and analytical skills to a leading charter management organization. KIPP Texas is committed to using data to drive academic, financial, instructional, operational and talent improvement and decision-making. The Data Analyst is critical to KIPP Texas achieving this work. The Data Analyst must be as much a people person as a numbers person-collaboration and building strong cross-functional partnerships are necessary to be successful in this role. This position reports to the Director of Analytics.
Data Analysis & Visualization
• Design, build, and iterate tools and processes that help our organization to make equitable decisions (Note: In general, these tools and processes are created in Tableau and will cover student assessment analysis including NWEA MAP, SAT, ACT, and AP data)
• Work directly with school administration and organizational leadership across all of our regions (Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio) to ensure tools and processes meet the needs of our end-users
• Test, validate, and evaluate data visualizations for accuracy, performance, and alignment with organization priorities and determine the best data visualization methods to present information
• Collaborate with the Analytics Team to scope end-user requirements and project plan for advanced interactive and dynamic data visualizations to meet functional needs
• Contribute to our internal team’s knowledge management systems, documentation practices, and code review process to ensure that we build and maintain infrastructure sustainably
• Execute ad-hoc analysis requests and serve as a strategic partner by resolving end-user questions in a timely, friendly, and proactive manner via our data tickets
• Develop, and provide training to leadership and key stakeholders on the use, manipulation, and analysis of interactive data visualizations
• Support the Director of Analytics in delivering data, analysis, and insights from complex data sets that enable us to drive strategic priorities
• Lead assessment reporting to major stakeholders including our Academics Department, Team Texas Chiefs (T2), and School Management Team (Regional Superintendents, Heads of Schools, etc.)
• Partner with departments and school staff to plan and prioritize short-term and long-term analytics needs via our KAT Data-thon
• Collaborate with the Data Systems Team for data warehouse needs to yield meaningful analysis
Additional duties as assigned
Skills and Characteristics
Quantitative & Technical Experience
• Analytics experience, preferably at a school system or non-profit for 3-5+ years
• Mastery of Microsoft Excel
• Experience with programming languages, specifically SQL
• Experience cleaning, validating and manipulating large datasets
• Experience with Tableau Desktop (preferably version 2020.4.13)
• Experience with statistical software is a plus with a strong preference towards R though others are acceptable (e.g. Stata, SPSS, SAS)
Leadership & Execution
• Experience planning and executing data-driven projects across multiple departments and/or teams, demonstrating:
• Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Flexibility, including the ability to adjust to requirements in a dynamic work environment
• Ability to gather information to interpret and articulate the needs of staff and team members
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Team & Culture
• Mission Alignment Strong integrity and deep belief in KIPP’s mission, values, and our vision for diversity, equity and inclusion; commitment for the students we educate.
• Ownership of Team Culture A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven culture where we are a Team & Family and see people first
• Creating Clarity in Gray Situations Determines a path forward for stakeholders when their needs are not clearly defined
• Growth Mindset / Learning Process Continuous learner, team player, and self-starter; values a culture of giving and receiving feedback
• Influence / Communication Invests in building relationships and leads with both head and heart; engages with stakeholders in a thoughtful and deliberate manner
• Management of Projects Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and leading multiple high stakes projects at a time
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas’ competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.
For Remote Data Analyst roles, visit Remote Data Analyst Roles
Master Data Analyst at ConocoPhillips
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
If you are selected as the Master Data Analyst, you will be responsible for ownership of the global SAP Customer Master process as well as leading, assisting, and representing Commercial Integration on projects associated with Master Data records, both domestic and international. You will have close collaboration with Commercial as well as various global business units and operates as Commercial Integration’s Master Data Subject Matter Expert.
You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement.
Your responsibilities may include:
• Provides ownership of the entire SAP Customer Master ensuring a centralized, consistent process globally
• Represents Commercial Integration on cross functional projects involving SAP Customer Master (ie, NxtGen, process automation, etc.) and acts as a single point of contact for SAP IT Support. Coordinates system testing
• Identifies automation opportunities in order to drive efficiency and leads change
• Develops expertise in CI’s robotic processes involving Customer and Vendor setups and provides backup as necessary. Works closely with Automation team to resolve issues
• Analyzes reports and queries from various systems and communicating results to key customers
• Provides timely and accurate completion of all requests, as well as issue identification and resolution
• Provides guidance to Contract Analysts on SAP related setups for Commercial.
• Maintains metrics on Commercial Integration activities.
• Optimizing current BOT processes, adding to scope to maximize time savings
• Mentor and provide training to others in group, ensuring processes and controls are understood and followed
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business or a related discipline or foreign equivalent
• 1+ year of experience with commercial analytics
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft O365 applications: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams and Word
• Intermediate knowledge of commercial business
• Basic proficiency in SAP and related Commercial systems
• Networking/interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals, both internally and externally. Excellent written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in order to analyze a variety of issues to determine the appropriate course of action, initiate resolution and monitor to ensure the issue is resolved
• Technical aptitude to learn quickly and become self-sufficient
• Strong sense of teamwork as well as the ability to work independently across multiple functional areas with a high level of self-initiative and drive
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively among competing priorities
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
• Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
• Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
• Ability to drive change and ensure buy-in from team, demonstrating values and benefits.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of August 29, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
For Remote Master Data Analyst roles, visit Remote Master Data Analyst Roles
Data Analyst at Lyondell Chemical Company
LyondellBasell has fully committed to achieving its vision as “The Chemical Company of the Future” and an industry leader in the areas of Sustainability and Customer Experience. The Digital Enterprise that will act as the foundation for enabling this vision will be built upon three pillars: A modern and extensible technology architecture, an ERP backbone that supports new business models, and a team of talented technologists that are empowered to build innovative solutions and digital products.
At the intersection of these pillars, the Data & Analytics Center of Excellence is building the data foundation and a catalog of data products, analytical applications, and enterprise services that give users across our company the tools, data, and guidance to generate insights.
The Data Analyst role is responsible for providing digital solutions via design and implementation of an ecosystem of Cloud solutions to support modern data technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Design, Provision, and Optimize MS SQL Queries and Stored Procedures
• Design, Build, and Support Data Pipelines with Azure native tools
• Design, Manage, and Optimize data models with Azure native tools
• Design, Develop, and Optimize reports and visualizations using Power BI from multiple data sources
• Publish and schedule automated data refreshes per business requirements
• Support and train business users in building reports, dashboards and/or connecting to data to achieve data-driven decisions using Power BI
• Create and Execute test cases to validate successful delivery
• Manage assigned activities within time, cost and technical objectives.
• Manage small projects with internal or external resources
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related discipline
• 3+ years of experience in building or managing data solutions
• Experience with Reporting and Analytics tools such as Power BI
• Ability to create SQL stored procedures and work with queries
• Solid foundational understanding of Data Management, including ETL and Security
• At least 1-2 years’ experience in MS SQL administration and/or development
• At least 1-2 years’ experience in Python, and ideally also in Java, SQL, or Scala
• Experience with Agile methodology and working within Scrum Team
• Experience with DevOps processes and execution
• MCSA Cloud Platform (Azure) Training & Certification
• Experience with DevOps on an Azure platform
• Experience in leveraging Power Platform; Familiarity with MS Power Automate
• Power BI Certification
• Experience with SAP ERP as a data source
• Experience w/ using cloud-based Data Security technologies
• Functional experience in one of more business functions.
• Experience with global enterprise environment or major consulting firm
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world’s largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential – and responsibility – to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That’s why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Principal Data Analyst at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
What You’ll Do
The Principal Data Analyst leads a team of programmers/data engineers and is responsible for gathering, structuring, and analyzing data to support Discover’s modeling needs and providing recommendations to management. He or she also supports the development and automation of standard data analyses, reports, and dashboards.
How You’ll Do It
• Responsible for gathering, structuring, and analyzing data and providing recommendations to management. Supports the development of standard data analyses, reports, and dashboards. Gathers, structures, and analyzes data from multiple sources.
• Presents the results of data analyses and recommendations to management and process owners.
• Partners with the business to identify the appropriate data sources and analysis methodology to meet business needs.
• Develops comprehensive cost-benefit analyses to capture financial and other impacts of initiatives.
• Coaches and guides less experienced analytical professionals in statistical concepts, principles, and tools.
• Supports the development of standard data analyses, reports, and dashboards. Demonstrates technical knowledge in analytical tools.
• Translates advanced business analytics problems into technical solutions that yield insights and actionable recommendations.
Qualifications You’ll Need
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
• 4+ years of experience in programming with a concentration in Data Science, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
• Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
• 6+ years of experience in programming with a concentration in Data Science, or related field
• SQL statistical applications, such as SQL and/or SAS (SAS/R/Python)
• 5 years of experience writing SQL queries
• Ability to explain both the code and the underlying logic used in algorithms/models beyond technical manner.
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear and actionable manner.
• Skills to retrieve, combine, and analyze data from a variety of sources and structures. Understanding data is key to discovery. You’re not afraid to share new ideas.
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative methods to solve hard problems under ambiguity.
• Passion for utilizing data to obtain new insights and for turning those insights into Actionable recommendations.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
For Remote Principal Data Analyst roles, visit Remote Principal Data Analyst Roles
Data Base Analyst – COVID EDU at City of Houston
Applications Accepted From ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division: Human Services
Section: Office of Chronic Disease, Health Education and Wellness
Workdays & Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm*
Subject to change*
Description Of Duties/Essential Functions
The Houston Health Department seeks a detailed-oriented candidate that will function as a Data Base Analyst for the Office of Chronic Disease, Health Education, and Wellness. The Data Base Analyst will design and develop databases and related protocols and training to ensure the integrity of the database environment. The selected candidate will perform the following duties along with other duties as assigned.
• Identifies and implements solutions and systems necessary to optimize results and impact.
• Design and maintain database structures.
• Monitor database performance and makes recommendations to improve database performance efficiency.
• Coordinate the use of data to ensure data integrity and to control redundancy, load databases, and reorganizes as needed.
• Provide solutions and guidelines for the maintenance of the data dictionary.
• Prepare training material for data management systems and conduct user training for staff and contractors. Performs training in related subject matters.
• Prepare documentation on data systems and write user procedures, flow charts, and logic models.
• Performs logical and physical data modeling, designs relational database models, and creates physical data models from logical data models.
• Perform evaluation activities including but not limited to collecting and managing data, visualizing data, preparing reports, and participating in quality assurance activities.
• Conducts data audits, fidelity checks, point-in-time surveys, and/or needs assessments to identify and document specific planning and operations gaps.
• Acts as liaison between program areas and the data and evaluation unit.
• Assists in the evaluation of and recommendation for the selection of database management software for potential acquisition. Coordinates and supports migration to new data management system.
• Utilize various interdisciplinary techniques to translate, promote and disseminate actionable health and wellness data and advocate for health equity.
• Performs other duties and special projects as requested.
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Occasional lifting, such as three or four reams of paper or books, may be required.
The position is both in the office, offsite, and outdoors based on community needs.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Public Health, Epidemiology, Evaluation,
System Design, or a field directly related to the job.
Three years of experience in data processing, including systems design, programming, and database application and management, are required.
Substitutions: A Master’s degree in a field directly related to the job may substitute for two years of the above experience requirement.
Valid Texas Driver’s License and compliance with the City of Houston’s policy on driving (AP 2-2).
• *Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Public Health, Epidemiology, or related analytical disciplines
• Experience in qualitative research, health promotion, and community-based participatory research
• Experience using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Teams
• Familiarity with ArcGIS, SPSS, SAS
• Advance and expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Qualtrics, Smartsheets, Google Form
Selection/Skills Tests Required
None. However, the Department may administer a skills assessment test.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION : YES
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if candidate is promoted into this position, he/she must pass an assigned drug test.
GRANT FUNDED POSITION
Grants & Special funded positions are dependent upon continued available funds. If funding is no longer available, the employee may be laid off or transferred. Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade 22
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during the active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov .
To view your detailed application status, please log in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832-393-4903.
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832-393-4903). (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support, call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EOE Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
For Remote Data Base Analyst – COVID EDU roles, visit Remote Data Base Analyst – COVID EDU Roles
Sr Research Data Analyst at CBRE
Sr Research Data Analyst
Areas of Interest
Data & Analytics, Research
Atlanta – Georgia – United States of America, Boston – Massachusetts – United States of America, Chicago – Illinois – United States of America, Dallas – Texas – United States of America, Houston – Texas – United States of America, Los Angeles – California – United States of America, Phoenix – Arizona – United States of America, San Diego – California – United States of America, San Francisco – California – United States of America, Washington – District of Columbia – United States of America, Washington, D.C. – District of Columbia – United States of America
Can sit in any of the following locations: : Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco, Glendale, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Houston, San Diego
Responsible for conducting research and data analysis for a variety of organizational projects and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Delivers and updates standard and bespoke data dashboards on Tableau, Power BI, Dimension and other visualization tools to enhance ROI of available data to producers and market leaders.
Uses data programming skills (SQL, Alteryx, R, Python) to automate data audits as well as routine processes to fill data gaps.
May be pulled in to deliver and present data dashboards at the point of sale.
Engages the Data Analyst(s) as needed for special projects.
Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of 4 to 6 years of related experience and/or training. Employer may require a Master’s degree with two to four years of experience, depending on level of scrutiny within the noted position.
4-8 years of experience in commercial real estate or other market research role
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Ability to handle and manipulate large amounts of data.
Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, Tableau, and programming software (SQL, Alteryx, R, Python)
Possess a positive work attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)
For Remote Sr Research Data Analyst roles, visit Remote Sr Research Data Analyst Roles
Energy Market Data Analyst at Hitachi Energy
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Energy Market Data Analyst for its Broomfield, Colorado location. Your role will span the breadth of data processing and analysis, exposing you to every aspect of energy-related data. The Energy Market Data Analyst role supports multiple products in the Enterprise Software group, providing data and insights to a broad spectrum of clients. In this role, you will work with your scrum team to ensure complete, high-quality data in the Velocity Suite and EMI products. You are a motivated and passionate person who thrives on a dynamic team, building and maintaining business-critical data sets from a variety of sources. Your insightful problem-solving skills and clever collaboration will help drive innovation, strengthen relationships, and deliver excellence. Your client focus will help ensure the growth, popularity, and longevity of the products you support. Your relentless curiosity and drive for self-improvement will ensure your continual growth and satisfaction in this position.
• Primary and industry research to build and maintain our most valuable energy market datasets to sustain our reputation of highest quality data
• Support and educate clients to maximize product value in their organization
• Drive process and product improvements through data analysis and client input
• Identify data sources and document requirements to enhance Velocity Suite and other EMI products
• Own responsibility for a set group of data from identification through development, integration, product creation and maintenance
• Improve data collection, quality control, and process monitoring through proofs, test cases, dashboards, and other innovations
• Test data, processes, internal and externally facing software releases to ensure efficiency and quality
• Communicate and collaborate on a scrum team and across teams to drive excellent quality in all processes
• Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of 0-5 years of experience.
• Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
• Knowledge and experience with market research
• Experience analyzing energy related market data is a plus
• Understanding of data collection techniques and principles is helpful
• Experience managing data with a focus on performance and quality
• Exposure to North American data is beneficial and extracontinental data exposure is ideal, including but not limited to:
• Independent System Operators (ISOs)
• Natural gas pipelines
• Electricity generation and transmission
• Renewable energy sources such as wind and solar
• Grid battery storage
• Strong SQL querying and analysis in Oracle, Microsoft, and/or MySQL is a plus
• Bachelor’s in mathematics, economics, data science, energy, GIS, computer science, computer engineering, or a relevant discipline a plus
• A grasp of and/or interest in PL/SQL, NoSQL, Python, R, and other analytical tools is beneficial
• Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) including ArcGIS, MapInfo, QGIS, or related open source GIS systems is a plus
• Experience with and/or interest in regular expressions
• Team player with outstanding communication, presentation and collaboration skills
• Emotionally intelligent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Creative and detail-oriented in all aspects
• Knowledge of agile/scrum process and principles
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
Hitachi Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome you to apply and want you to know that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, protected veterans’ status or any other legally protected characteristic. For more information regarding your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.dol.go v/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/ posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Houston, Texas, USA
Type of role
Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)
Master Data Business Analyst at SonicJobs
A Kforce client is seeking to hire a Master Data Business Analyst in Houston, Texas (TX).
This position will work with Master Data Team and users in various business areas to identify change needs, assess the impact of the change, capture, and document requirements. You will then ensure those requirements are delivered, all while supporting the company through the implementation process.
• Gather and analyze data for potential business expansion
• Master Data Business Analyst will identify specific business opportunities
• Influence stakeholders to support business projects
• Assist with project management for selected projects
• Coordinate with different departmental teams to produce better business outcomes
• Test business processes and recommend improvements
• Convert roadmap features into smaller user stories
• Master Data Business Analyst will write clear and well-structured business requirements/documents
• Identify automation opportunities
• Create reports, dashboards, and visualizations to understand business performance
• Analyze process issues and bottlenecks and to make improvements
• Communicate and validate requirements with relevant stakeholders
• Master Data Business Analyst will develop and maintain reporting tools
• Perform data discovery, analysis, and modeling
• Collaborate with product manager on roadmap planning and prioritization
• Experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Skill in SQL
• To be considered for this position, candidates must have experience in a similar role, or they must possess significant knowledge, experience, and abilities to successfully perform the responsibilities listed
• Relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For Remote Master Data Business Analyst roles, visit Remote Master Data Business Analyst Roles
Market Data Analyst at OmniForce Solutions
With a diverse set of products and services, including clean energy initiatives, our Fortune 200 client is one of the nation’s leaders in the retail energy sector. Take your career to the next level by working on a dynamic and innovative team at a forward-thinking and growing company!
The Pricing Analyst will manage and carry out a diverse range of assignments, projects, and activities to support and drive the performance of the TX Renewal portfolio, which markets and sells electricity to customers throughout Texas. Responsibilities will include supporting retention campaign pricing, completing special projects, and working closely with other groups including Marketing Operations, Analytics, and Go To Market Strategy Team to achieve team goals.
• Actively support all business units to drive the effective selection, development, implementation and integration of analytics and KPIs to optimize business activities and make meaningful business intelligence/reporting possible
• Monitor key operational metrics and respond as necessary to ensure performance at or above expectations
• Oversee development of reporting dashboards and identify opportunities for improvement
• Propose strategic recommendations that will enhance business value and drive performance improvement related to financial and operational metrics – customer count, acquisition, retention, and EBITDA
• Facilitate leadership and executive performance review meetings to drive actionable outcomes to hold the organization accountable to their growth objectives
• Identify opportunities for improvement and engage in cross-functional initiatives to drive improved performance
• Maintain weekly/monthly key performance indicator and financial analysis data/reports
• Create models, conduct research, and analyze actual business unit performance against targets
• Develop customer segmentation and targeting strategies for marketing campaigns
• Develop load forecasts to drive procurements
• Support development of renewal offers and pricing
• Manage integration of pricing into the system and QC process
• Support development and execution of renewal campaigns
• Mine, manage and analyze large amounts of complex data
• Ability to query data and join tables
Work across functions and channels to ensure a consistent, targeted customer message
• Lead development efforts and implementation of new products and offers by interfacing with appropriate support groups
• Lead special projects to address pressing business needs
• Develop documents or presentations on key projects, processes and issues as appropriate to keep management informed and to drive decision making
• Identify opportunities for improvement and engage in cross-functional initiatives to drive improved performance
• Hybrid (1/2 days in office, 3/4 days remote)
• Primarily an office environment.
• Some overtime required as special projects arise.
• Professional, fast paced, high intensity office environment.
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or economics field from an accredited college or university required – Master’s degree preferred
• 2+ years’ work experience in an analytical, strategic planning, or project management role
• Must have experience in performance reporting, analyzing data and processes
• Must be able to think critically and problem solve
• Strong computer and analytical skills, including advanced proficiency in MS Office(especially MS Excel)
• Data Analysis
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Thorough understanding and ability to apply marketing and technology principles
• High integrity, energy, enthusiasm and tenacity
• Proven commitment to delivering projects on-time
• Effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences in both written and oral form
• Experience in the development of metrics, KPI’s and overall business intelligence architecture
• Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
• Comfort with ambiguity; ability to work with incomplete data or seemingly open-ended questions and translate into actionable analysis
• Must be a proven self-starter—high integrity, energy, enthusiasm, and tenacity
• 3+ years of experience in project leadership/implementation and data-driven analytics
• Proficiency with SQL, Pivot tables, and VBA Macro programming
• Experience working in deregulated energy
• Experience with data visualization software
• Experience working with Tableau and SpotFire
For Remote Market Data Analyst roles, visit Remote Market Data Analyst Roles
Data Analyst Supervisor at Tetra Tech
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech’s Disaster Response Division is currently accepting applications for a Data Analyst Supervisor. Recognizing the importance of the Stafford Act to support the economic recovery of an area impacted by a disaster, Tetra Tech highly encourages local qualified applicants to apply. The employee in this position is responsible for managing both field and local data analyst and invoice reconciliation staff. Position requires 75% ability to travel to project job sites for extended periods of time.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Supervise, guide and support team staff, both local and field staff members
• Manage staffing resources to satisfy project budgets and client requirements
• Implement and understand FEMA policy and guidelines as it pertains to individual projects
• Act as a liaison between clients and project management staff
• Makes decisions and performs timely independent actions in pursuit of project priorities
• Ability to perform ad hoc analyses for the Senior Management Team
• Receive and distribute information and task assignments to staff
• Monitor work progress and effectively manage the completion of key project milestones
• Ability to preemptively identify and resolve project issues based on project and FEMA requirements
• Quality assurance and quality control of project data & project deliverables
• Maintaining data management plans and Standard Operating Procedures
• Overseeing the integration of new technologies and initiatives into data standards and structures
• Evaluating the design, selection, and implementation of database changes
Ideal candidates will have:
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, or other related field
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in a team lead, supervisory, or managerial role
• Prior experience working with FEMA or other Federal relief programs a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server
• Ability to utilize Microsoft PowerBI or similar business analysis software
• Prior experience working and adapting to specialized software or applications
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and plan work to meet deadlines
• High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Must have solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Flexibility to travel to project job sites for extended periods as needed
For future employment opportunities, please like us on Facebook. [Link available when viewing the job]
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com . To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.