Site Reliability Engineering Manager – North America at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
About the Role
Kraken is looking for an experienced engineering manager to build and lead various site reliability engineering working groups. This is an opportunity to grow a team of world class engineers who are deeply passionate about cryptocurrency, security, and amazing user experiences. We’re a diverse group of engineers that are dedicated to making cryptocurrency available and accessible to the world and enabling people from all walks of life to invest in their independence. The Kraken experience needs to be ambitious, simple, and user-centered; come and help us make that happen!
To be successful in this role, you need to be a strong people manager; great at giving and receiving feedback, fostering new ideas, and empowering others in a remote environment. You also need a strong site reliability engineering background, to have a thorough understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving intuition on sophisticated technical challenges. You’re able to quickly ship new products and features by giving your teams the freedom and flexibility to develop the best possible solutions.
• You have a strong servant-leadership management style geared towards supporting, mentoring and growing engineers on the team. You care deeply about people, and their success.
• You’re not afraid of hard conversations and are gifted at coaching your colleagues through difficult situations.
• You are strategic and think at a high level, but are also hands-on, execution-oriented, and capable of getting things done quickly.
• You have years of experience as an individual contributor on various teams throughout your career.
• You have a mastery of core computer science fundamentals and a proven track record of shipping high quality software. This allows you to make great high-level technical decisions, help your team through difficult design decisions, and coach your team to grow their careers.
• You have experience leading teams of engineers across all levels of skill and experience with a track record of managing, recruiting, and retaining strong engineering leadership and engineering talent and growing effective teams.
• You have an ability to translate a long-term vision into a near-term, executable plan.
• An advanced degree in computer science or engineering discipline.
• 5+ years of DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering experience, primarily focused on backend security, latency, throughput, observability and reliability.
• Experience with distributed tracing, monitoring tools, container orchestration technologies, IaaC tools, cloud infrastructure and datacenter management.
• Hands-on leadership style, working hand-in-hand with your team of SREs, reviewing their low level work while keeping an eye on the bigger picture
• 3+ years leading engineering teams.
• 2+ years of experience managing remote teams.
• Looking to potentially grow into a director role.
• You are interested about cryptocurrency and open to the potential it has to positively transform our world.
• You are passionate about software engineering, improving processes, and driving change.
• You keep a close watch on modern technologies, programming in Rust is a big plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $100,000.00 – $400,000.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Parental leave
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus pay
Work Location: Remote
For Remote Site Reliability Engineering Manager – North America roles, visit Remote Site Reliability Engineering Manager – North America Roles
Paralegal at TaxBit
TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted in this work by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies (including the IRS), respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members ready to join a hypergrowth company and are excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
The Legal team at TaxBit is a hard-working, fun-loving, and dynamic group. We focus on solving problems and empowering our business teams to accomplish their goals efficiently. We strive to work collaboratively and creatively across cross-functional internal teams, outside counsel, vendors, partners, and (most importantly) customers. We operate in a novel industry that requires outside-the-box thinking and problem-solving. As a result, no two days are the same at this rapidly growing and evolving company.
TaxBit is looking for a Paralegal in our Seattle office with excellent organizational skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude and is a self-starter, a quick learner, and internally accountable. If that describes you and you are interested in working in a technology start-up’s corporate legal department, TaxBit could be an excellent fit for you.
• Assist attorneys in the preparation of legal documents and provide support across a wide range of transactional legal matters and subjects:
• Update contract forms
• Assemble, draft, proof, and edit drafts of contracts, licenses, amendments, and other legal documents
• Negotiate basic requests directly, or identify issues and escalate to attorneys for handling as necessary
• Maintain corporate recordkeeping and otherwise assist with corporate formalities
• Assist with transactions, including the performance of due diligence tasks
• Communicate effectively with internal teams to complete projects
• Help implement, execute and administer new internal tools, including our Lexion contract management database
• Help manage and own long-term goals and projects for the legal team
• Liaise with internal and external counsel regularly
• Build solid relationships with cross-functional teams
• Coordinate electronic signatures via DocuSign and maintain contract records and filings
• Identify and implement methods for streamlining existing processes
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• Soft skills like good judgment and a proactive, “ownership,” problem-solver, fast learner, and client-service mindset are the top requirements for success in this role
• Experience with the G-Suite, particularly Google Drive, and the ability to organize, share and manage files across that platform
• Practical written and verbal communication skills including proficiency in writing legal documentation and presenting complex information for a varied audience
• Detail- and process-oriented; good time management, decision-making, organizational skills
• Strong working knowledge of PCs, word processing, spreadsheets, and legal reference materials
• Ability to work independently but also function cohesively as part of a larger team
• Positive, service-oriented attitude
• Ability to learn new skills and gain experience in new areas as processes, tools, and needs change
• The ability and willingness to occasionally work overtime during busy periods is essential
• Interested in owning responsibility for high-level tasks under the direction of attorneys
• Initiative to understand problems or roadblocks and to work independently or as part of a team to resolve those problems
Why you want to work here
• Competitive cash and equity compensation
• Investment in your physical and mental well-being with a robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
• A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
• Unlimited PTO – take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge
• Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
• Friday team lunches
• Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
TaxBit requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon TaxBit’s request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with TaxBit, as applicable.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.
For Remote Paralegal roles, visit Remote Paralegal Roles