Tax Senior Blockchain & Cryptocurrency at Deloitte
Are you a tax professional with a passion for cryptocurrency and digital assets? Do you spend your free time reading and learning about digital assets? As corporations use digital assets such as Bitcoin and blockchain technology in increasingly disruptive and creative ways, they face a range of new cryptocurrency tax implications.
Join us and learn about how we serve our crypto community during this exciting time
Cool stuff you’ll work on:
As a Senior Tax Consultant, you will utilize your prior experience to provide tax advisory and compliance services to our vast array of clients.
Token launches, NFT platforms, mining, gaming, exchanges, decentralized finance, asset management and legacy corporates – cryptocurrency/blockchain solutions exist across a multitude of industries and competencies.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting clients with legal entity structuring, token analysis, deal analysis, revenue recognition, sourcing, and implementation of clients’ tax objectives.
• Performing detail-level reviews of tax research, agreements, work papers, and tax filings
• Coordinating and communicating with client contacts as required to understand the client’s business, gather information, and provide tax-efficient solutions.
• Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced-level tax staff.
• Preparing and leading client meetings on advisory and compliance projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the organization.
Deloitte’s Crypto Practice
Deloitte is leading the industry in applying its tax experience across many digital asset types and spanning the entire ecosystem.
From token and protocol issuers, to exchanges and miners, to crypto funds and even enterprise solutions, we’ve served clients in this space for almost a decade.
We support clients with unique tax consideration on digital assets in legal entity structuring, tax accounting methods, revenue recognition, cross border transactions, state apportionment, sourcing, fund structures and character analysis.
With more than 500 clients, we provide the full cycle of services, from formation, funding and operations, to growth and exit.
Learn more about Deloitte Tax
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
• tax controversy
• corporate or partnership tax
• state and local tax
• international tax
• tax compliance
• tax structuring
• mergers and acquisitions tax
• One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing able to obtain:
• Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
• If not CPA eligible:
• Licensed attorney
• Enrolled Agent
• Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Advanced degrees preferred
• A deep interest and passion for crypto
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role.
This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled.
At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $63,700 to $118,300.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
analyst, analyze, business, business analytic, business intelligence, guidance, investment analyst, market, regulation, valuation analyst
For Remote Tax Senior Blockchain & Cryptocurrency roles, visit Remote Tax Senior Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Roles