Tax Senior, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency at Deloitte
Are you a tax professional with a passion for cryptocurrency and digital assets? Do you spend your free time reading and learning about digital assets? As corporations use digital assets such as Bitcoin and blockchain technology in increasingly disruptive and creative ways, they face a range of new cryptocurrency tax implications. Join us and learn about how we serve our crypto community during this exciting time
Cool stuff you’ll work on:
As a Senior Tax Consultant, you will utilize your prior experience to provide tax advisory and compliance services to our vast array of clients. Token launches, NFT platforms, mining, gaming, exchanges, decentralized finance, asset management and legacy corporates – cryptocurrency/blockchain solutions exist across a multitude of industries and competencies. Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting clients with legal entity structuring, token analysis, deal analysis, revenue recognition, sourcing, and implementation of clients’ tax objectives.
• Performing detail-level reviews of tax research, agreements, work papers, and tax filings
• Coordinating and communicating with client contacts as required to understand the client’s business, gather information, and provide tax-efficient solutions.
• Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced-level tax staff.
• Preparing and leading client meetings on advisory and compliance projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the organization.
Deloitte’s Crypto Practice
Deloitte is leading the industry in applying its tax experience across many digital asset types and spanning the entire ecosystem. From token and protocol issuers, to exchanges and miners, to crypto funds and even enterprise solutions, we’ve served clients in this space for almost a decade. We support clients with unique tax consideration on digital assets in legal entity structuring, tax accounting methods, revenue recognition, cross border transactions, state apportionment, sourcing, fund structures and character analysis. With more than 500 clients, we provide the full cycle of services, from formation, funding and operations, to growth and exit. Learn more about Deloitte Tax
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
• tax controversy
• corporate or partnership tax
• state and local tax
• international tax
• tax compliance
• tax structuring
• mergers and acquisitions tax
• One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing able to obtain:
• Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
• If not CPA eligible:
• Licensed attorney
• Enrolled Agent
• Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Advanced degrees preferred
• A deep interest and passion for crypto
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $63,700 to $118,300.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
For Remote Tax Senior, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency roles, visit Remote Tax Senior, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Roles
Manager, Software Engineering at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it’s a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Software Engineering
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but it’s run like a tech startup, and engineering is the core of the company. There’s a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
All of Gemini’s engineers are able to work across the software platform, not just on their own specialization or subteam. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering software.
The Role: Manager, Software Engineering
• Create and evolve a structure and organization design for your team
• Create maintainable software, execute code review and testing, using Scala & Java up to 20% of your time.
• Drive performance for your team and hold them accountable to externally and internally imposed deadlines and targets
• Make hiring plans and hiring decisions
• Give frequent feedback and coaching to your team members, coordinating with people from around the company to get a full understanding of your team’s performance
• Provide a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for your team to execute on its priorities and evolve its capabilities over time.
• Communicate at all levels from senior leaders to individual contributors, including technical and non-technical audiences.
• Adapt the team’s plans and goals to changing realities in a fast-moving industry
• Effectively resolve ambiguity, helping the team to analyze complex requirements and break down features and initiatives into tasks
• Own the team’s output, taking responsibility for everyone’s performance
• Quickly ramp up on relevant industry and competitive trends
• 8+ years of experience in software development & delivery
• 3+ years of managing engineering teams, delivering high quality software for customers
• Technical aptitude to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions
• Experience with modern software engineering concepts
• Interest AND/OR Expertise in Scala or in a similar backend programming languages.
• Experience establishing successful partnerships with key stakeholders such as product managers, project managers, and business owners.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
• Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
• Flexible vacation policy
• Retirement Plan Matching
• Generous Parental leave
• Comprehensive health plans
• Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
For Remote Manager, Software Engineering roles, visit Remote Manager, Software Engineering Roles