Lead Blockchain Engineer at Braintrust
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
• JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
• LOCATION: Remote – Work from anywhere (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
• HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 – $110/hr
• ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long-term
Who You Are
You are a brilliant and ambitious builder who takes great pride in your work and invests actively in your team. You will be joining a seed-stage startup, so you must be able to roll-up your sleeves and get the work done while dreaming up long-term roadmaps. You also have:
• Deep expertise in blockchain fundamentals and security best practices. Our client will look for a track record that demonstrates your ability to architect, develop, and operationalize robust blockchain protocols and dApp services – as well as a general passion for the crypto space
• Aptitude for both autonomous work and building strong engineering culture at early-stage startups
• Understanding of tokenomics and governance design
• 3+ years experience recruiting and managing an engineering team. Experience doing this at an early-stage startup and/or rapid growth environment is highly desirable
• Other nice to haves:
○ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or another field involving programming (e.g. mathematics, physics)
○ Experience building/deploying production Rust-based smart contracts
What You Will Do
• Design, build, and optimize their blockchain, making critical recommendations and decisions on their protocol architecture, incentive structures, and infrastructure features
• Own the development of their blockchain features, nodes, and API & application ecosystem, which includes identifying and implementing the most appropriate programming languages and frameworks
• Develop the architectural framework to integrate across multiple blockchain technologies (such as wallets/dApps, Layer 2 scaling solutions, decentralized storage) and traditional (web2) apps and operating systems
• Recruit and build a stellar web3 engineering team and shape the engineering culture of the company
• Contribute to their long-term technical and product strategy to fulfill their mission to rebuild public safety
Our client is tackling some extremely complex problems, which will put to good use your formidable skills and imagination in creating solutions that others have not seen before.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
For Remote Lead Blockchain Engineer roles, visit Remote Lead Blockchain Engineer Roles
Senior Data Engineer, CX at Coinbase
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
• You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
• You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
• You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
• You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
• You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
• You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Coinbase Customer Experience (CX) organization plays an imperative role in achieving our mission. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer challenges, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to build an effortless experience. As a Senior Data Engineer on our team, you will help drive end-to-end data strategy for the CX organization from ingesting new data sources, to designing derived data models, to optimizing data pipelines that make data easy and efficient to access – unlocking customer insights at scale.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
• Develop and support the technologies that give our team timely, flexible, and structured access to data
• Build and maintain the infrastructure needed to support a wide range of data science and analytic use cases
• Work cross-functionally with upstream teams to guide and consult them on how to structure their databases to expose high quality data and with downstream data scientists and data teams to expose well-designed and well-documented data models and metrics
• Build systems that secure and govern our data end to end: control access across multiple storage and access layers, track data quality, catalog datasets and their lineage, detect duplication, audit usage and ensure correct data semantics.
• Ability to frame and break down complex business problems into key components and recommend practical solutions
• Build a collaborative team environment that fosters efficient execution, innovation, and continuous improvement
• Translating user needs to system requirements and data models
• Identify and act upon opportunities to improve the system process flow, cost, performance, and technical efficiencies
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Extensive experience in ETL processes including data pipeline management, data cleansing, data modeling
• Highly proficient using advanced SQL (analytical functions) and optimizing SQL logic for maximum efficiency
• Python or Java backend development skills
• Deep understanding of data structures and common methods in data transformation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, including experience meeting with and communicating information to senior leadership
• Highly collaborative, with an ability to optimally secure inputs from many cross-functional teams
• Ability to think strategically, formulate scalable data solutions, and execute in order to solve business needs
• Strong problem-solving skills with ability to evaluate and implement the most efficient and effective data engineering solution
Nice To Haves
• Experience using data tools and frameworks like Airflow, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Presto, Hive, or Kafka
• Experience with financial industry regulations
• Experience with customer support data
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $175,100 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
For Remote Senior Data Engineer, CX roles, visit Remote Senior Data Engineer, CX Roles
Front end engineer at BLOCKCHAIN
Blockchain.com is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a front-end engineer to join our engineering team to lead the development of our primary website, and be part of the team building the next generation Blockchain Explorer and related Data Products.
This is an opportunity to develop one of the most popular and visited websites in the crypto ecosystem. In this role you will be responsible for delivering the user interface for and related services.
Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution and shipping.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Build beautiful user interfaces across our exciting product portfolio.
• Develop innovative visualizations of the crypto ecosystem
• Work closely with our designers through to implementation to best serve the needs of current and future customers.
• Write well-tested, reliable code for use by millions of users who use our wallet.
• Proactively collaborate with team members, ensuring the sharing of knowledge and efficient division of labour.
• Work on the most interesting and challenging problems in the cryptocurrency space.
• Get exposure to the latest technologies and developments in a technology and product driven company.
• Work on an industry-leading product with millions of users.
• Implement a content management system to facilitate the process of adding content by non-engineers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
• Experience building innovative data visualizations
• You thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. That being said, you can expect to work with ES6, Styled Components, and React / Redux.
• You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
• You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
• You understand requirements beyond the written word and have a sharp eye.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
• Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
• The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
• Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
• Crypto bonuses
• Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
• Apple equipment provided by the company
• Awesome office locations and remote working options.
• Resume and / or CV and LinkedIn profile.
• Link to Github or Stackoverflow.
• Personal websites or blogs (if applicable).
• Your favourite GIF
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.
A (each, a Controller ) :
• Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
• Blockchain (GB) Limited
• Blockchain (US), Inc.
• Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at . Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016 / 679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site.
Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted.
You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.