Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer at Apple
Summary Posted: Jun 3, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
The Apple Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) team is building the next generation cloud compute services empowering Apple’s software developers to build the products our customers love. We’re a fast moving, highly skilled team designing, developing and supporting the operation of a virtual machine and container-based compute platform that Apple’s server-side developers use to build, test and deploy their products! Our web-scale system hosts Apple’s core cloud services and has to stay highly available, secure and “just work”. That’s a tall order, and we’re looking to add more talented and passionate engineers who love challenges. If you feel like you’d love to join this amazing team, we’d love to hear from you.
• Strong analytical problem solving skills with the flexibility to accommodate to evolving customer requirements
• Ability to code in languages like Go, Python, Ruby or Scala
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite, InfluxDB
• Good understanding of cloud infrastructure, large scale systems, services running on containers
• Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced and fast-changing environment
• Nice to have: Experience with capacity planning or resource management
We are building a multi-tenant Kubernetes infrastructure platform for teams all across Apple. We have a basic system in place where we can manually clawback over provisioned resources if customers are not using them. However, we are looking to build a state of the art system that automatically claws resources back in a customer friendly way so that customers may reclaim their resources or pause future clawbacks with ease.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
For Remote Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer Roles
Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud at the-climate-corporation
DescriptionOverviewDo you want to use your skills to make a difference in feeding the world? Do you love building and managing high-performing engineering teams and systems? We are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer to build core infrastructure services that power the next generation of digital farming solutions.
If you have demonstrable knowledge and experience in developing, deploying and managing large-scale multi-region and multi-cloud infrastructure platforms and looking for an opportunity to use your skills to build something that impacts the world this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry by helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We are collecting massive amounts of complex agronomic data in one of the largest heterogeneous global data footprints.
What you will do
• Design, build and deploy infrastructure systems for managing our public cloud environment using containers and microservices.
• Develop high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code.
• Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with different people across the organization.
• Own features and its quality end-to-end from design, development, deployment, monitoring and support to ultimately delight our customers.
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Provide technical leadership and mentor junior engineers in the team.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years of expert knowledge in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Golang)
• 4+ years of experience with developing and deploying distributed cloud systems and services in multi-cloud environments – AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
• 4+ years of experience in developing scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, and accountable for its success.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)Preferred Qualifications
• Experience deploying Containers and scheduling frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes, ECS)
• Experience with using AWS, Azure and Google Cloud via APIs.
Experience in CloudFormation/Terraform.
• Experience with Jenkins, GitLab, or other CI tools.
• Demonstrable strong knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, application security, distributed systems, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures
• Effective communication skills to work in a dynamic environment, collaborating with various teams
• Strong customer focus, ownership and accountability
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers.
The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being usedWe take part in and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career developmentWe also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
Inspire one anotherInnovate in all we doLeave a mark on the worldFind the possible in the impossibleBe direct and transparentClimate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] #LI-AD1
For Remote Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud roles, visit Remote Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud Roles
Infrastructure Software Engineer at Xealth
Seattle or Remote-US
Xealth manages and operates a cloud-based platform that helps care providers prescribe, deliver and monitor digital health content and programs for their patients. Our product runs on AWS, integrating tightly with 3rd party EMR (Electronic Medical Records) and practice management systems such as Cerner and Epic. We’re a highly skilled, passionate team, disciplined in our agile approach, with a track record of success — and we are proud to be applying our efforts to improve healthcare options for everyone.
Due to our market success and growth, we have an opening for an additional Software Engineer focusing on Infrastructure, DevOps, and Site Reliability Engineering.
We are offering this unique opportunity to help us build out a modern cloud-based platform which is fostering better health for thousands, and is on track to help millions in the US to lead fuller lives in the decade ahead.
You will be working on the bleeding edge of open source technology to massively automate and operationalize cloud infrastructure. You will bring a developer mindset to scale and operate cloud infrastructure as code. If you are a software developer who loves to program and automate large scale cloud infrastructures, this is the job for you!
• Design, develop, and maintain an Internal Developer Platform that empowers teams to create, modify and secure cloud infrastructures through self services tools.
• Design, implement and maintain tools and infrastructure for Kubernetes to enable security, scalability, monitoring and alerting of the clusters.
• Collaborate as an integrated member of a cross functional team, bringing your cloud expertise to the software and system design process.
• Champion cloud native design patterns as an AWS subject matter expert, designing all implementations against the AWS Well Architected-Framework.
• Assist in investigation of issues and improving monitoring, alerting, and software to exceed SLA and reliability
• Work within a Scrum team to incrementally deliver functionality, iIdentify inefficiencies, and improve processes with solutions that deliver an impact to the entire company.
• Thorough understanding and hands on experience on AWS and Kubernetes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
• AWS Certification such as Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, or SysOps Administrator
• Infrastructure automation using Terraform or similar infrastructure as code technologies
• Frontend development experiences with ReactJS
• Experiences working in production environments with high standard of compliance requirements, such as HIPAA and PCI-DSS
• Working knowledge of Linux
Legal right to work:
Engineers who are currently located in the US, and are a US Citizen, a Canadian Citizen w/TN, H-1b, or have their Greencard are welcome to apply. We are currently not taking applicants from those currently working in the US on an F-1, F-1 Opt, or F-1 Opt Ext.
The Xealth product is a cloud-based digital health platform, enabling clinicians to easily prescribe digital health tools for their patients, monitor their progress, drive usage, and ultimately attain improved health (with significantly lower long-term health costs).
Xealth spun out of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) in 2017. Investors include Advocate Aurora Enterprises, Atrium Health, Banner Health, Cerner, ChristianaCare, Cleveland Clinic, Cone Health, Memorial Hermann, MemorialCare Innovation Fund, McKesson Ventures, Nebraska Medicine, Novant Health, Novartis, Philips, ResMed, Providence Ventures, Stanford Health Care, UPMC and the Froedtert and Medical College of Wisconsin Health Network. Key clients also include Baylor Scott & White Health, Duke Health and Mass General Brigham.
Due to patient success and subsequent clinician demand, Xealth is experiencing rapid growth in the clinical health IT space, most recently raising its Series B funding in September 2021. All investors in this round are leading health systems, demonstrating the value of Xealth in advancing digital connections between clinicians and their patients.
Xealth has been named to the CB Insights Digital Health 150, awarded the “Best Connected Health Platform” by the MedTech Breakthrough Awards, and was named to Fast Company’s Annual List of the World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020.
Compensation & Benefits
Xealth offers a multi-tiered approach when constructing a highly competitive compensation package. The compensation package would include a base salary, equity, and a comprehensive suite of benefits.
Xealth is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
For Remote Infrastructure Software Engineer roles, visit Remote Infrastructure Software Engineer Roles
Sr. Software Developer at Jobot
Our client is a global leader in product digitization, delivering business value across industries through unique identifiers and cloud-based solutions.
This Jobot Job is hosted by Samantha Cunningham
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button and sending us your resume.
Salary $130,000 – $145,000 per year
A Bit About Us
Our client is a global leader in product digitization, delivering business value across industries through unique identifiers and cloud-based solutions. A trusted partner in deterring digital counterfeiting of global currency for more than 20 years, our client illuminates a product’s journey to provide intelligence and promote a prosperous, safer, and more sustainable world. With Our Client, you can finally see everything. And when you see everything, you can achieve anything.
Why join us?
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to contribute to project-based work with a high-performing team. The projects are diverse and may pull from many integrations and languages to be successful. This individual needs to be comfortable with locally hosted applications and development as well as cloud, predominately Azure. The role will work with the development team and product owners to understand requirements, create PoC and deliver stable, maintainable applications and properties. The ability to learn new languages, apply security-minded architecture, and deliver valuable business applications are a must!
What You Will Do
• Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performing software design using software development fundamentals and processes; debugging, testing, and deploying software solutions.
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation that includes clear descriptions of business processes and corresponding solutions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
• Plan and forecast software project scope and timelines with a high degree of accuracy.
• Develop and maintain product test software and demonstrations for training purposes. Additionally, prepare or assist in making training material for users.
• Protect operations by keeping the information confidential.
• Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment.
• Perform and participate in code reviews with other Software Engineers to ensure a shared understanding of application functionality as well as give and receive constructive feedback.
• Perform administrative duties for line-of-business applications, including researching/troubleshooting issues and providing support.
• Work with software vendors to acquire, implement and troubleshoot ISV solutions.
What We Are Looking For
• 5+ years of experience programming in .NET framework/core using C#.
• 3+ years of working with Microsoft’s Azure Cloud Platform.
• 3+ years in working with Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
• BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
• Ability to write Stored Procedures, write complex SQL queries, and Ability to analyze SQL data is required.
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Microservices as plus.
• Experience developing distributed systems a plus.
• Experience with Salesforce and Salesforce development a plus.
• Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables.
• Must be motivated, independent, and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
• Must be well organized, a good communicator, able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage your projects from concept to production.
• Must be able to write thorough and concise functional and design specifications as well as easily readable end-user documentation.
• Must be able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi-task, and adapt quickly to change.
• Possess leadership skills and brings a positive contribution to create and maintain a productive and collaborative work environment.
• Emphasis and excitement for professional growth by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Ability to utilize and rely on extensive experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a variety of tasks.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Passion in participating, creating, and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture where individuals and teams can do their best work and unlock their potential
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button.
For Remote Sr. Software Developer roles, visit Remote Sr. Software Developer Roles
Software Engineer at Confidential
Software Engineer (Object Storage)
Location: Remote United States (Seattle, WA Preferred)
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics – all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
The ObjectScale team is looking for talented software developers with a passion for technology and innovative solutions to difficult engineering problems, who want to challenge and define state-of-the-art in distributed systems.
We develop industry-leading distributed object solution capable of scaling to any capacity and connecting sites from edge to core, engineered for a variety of workloads, including cloud-native apps, analytics, AI/ML, IoT, and data lakes. Our next-generation object storage platform, ObjectScale , offers software-defined, microservice-oriented architecture, enabling organizations to deploy cloud-scale storage services with the reliability and control of a private cloud.
Join us as a Software Engineer (Object Storage) on our Engineering Development team in Remote United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you ll achieve
As a Software Engineer (Object Storage), you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
• Develop highly complex, distributed components and services that constitute the Object Storage stack, with emphasis on quality and customer experience.
• Drive design and implementation of product features and improvements, working with the team to coordinate development efforts.
• Work with the development and test engineering teams to improve test coverage upstream and automate testing.
• Troubleshoot customer issues, support escalation engineers, and deliver rapid fixes to the field.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here s what we are looking for with this role:
• 5 + years of p rogramming experience in Java, GoLang or similar languages/technologies with a focus on networking, multithreading, and memory management with an Bachelor’s degree, recent professional certification or commensurate experience
• S olid fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
• Hands on experience with Linux
• Excellent teamwork, communication, and coordination skills and the ability to resolve ambiguity in a quickly changing environment.
• Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences: engineers, management, and support.
• Experience with AWS S3 API
• Understanding of distributed systems and large-scale software architectures.
Here s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here .
For Remote Software Engineer roles, visit Remote Software Engineer Roles
Software Engineering Manager, AWS Edge at Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon’s Compute Cloud (EC2) has changed the global landscape for computing – from startups through the Fortune 500. AWS’ culture of innovation has permanently altered how individuals and business think about computing resources.
Now, we look to change the game again with a totally new and disruptive model of computing. We are hiring innovative engineers for AWS Outposts – a start-up like opportunity to build a new line of business, with new technologies, from the ground-up.
Outposts is a fully managed service that extends AWS infrastructure, AWS services, APIs, and tools to virtually any datacenter, co-location space, or on-premises facility for a truly consistent hybrid experience. AWS Outposts is ideal for workloads that require low latency access to on-premises systems, local data processing, or local data storage.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in the following areas: – Infrastructure Automation and Workflow Orchestration
• Distributed Systems and Resilient Services
As a Software Engineering Leader with Amazon, you will mentor and lead engineers. You will guide your team towards the best software development practices. You will serve as a leader in the team to define the priorities and vision of the group. You will collaborate with users around the globe to define and re-define change management in the cloud computing space!
To learn more about Outposts, you can visit: https://aws.amazon.com/outposts/
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
• Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years’ software experience in a modern programming language, such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, C or C++.
• 3+ years’ experience managing and developing direct reports (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement)
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems
• Track record of defining and executing on complex projects
• Experience leading teams using multiple languages
• Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate, be both highly motivated and motivating
• Proven results oriented person with a bias to action
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Job ID: A2072033
For Remote Software Engineering Manager, AWS Edge roles, visit Remote Software Engineering Manager, AWS Edge Roles
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer- VCV-Synthetic Data Group at Apple
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish! Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product.
In this highly-versatile, extremely rewarding role, you will be part of an exciting, talent-overflowing team working on developing software that will be widely adopted. You will be part of Apple’s Video Engineering team, focused on building compute pipelines for generating synthetic data. Synthetic data is used to train machine learning algorithms for computer vision, AR/VR and more. Your work will bring tremendous impact to the overall data design, and in getting functional products to millions of customers.
To succeed within this role, you should have shown experience in several of the following areas:
5+ years industry experience
At least two years of production Go programming language experience
At least two years of production Python programming language experience
Experience building microservices and RESTful APIs
Experience with CI/CD (continuous integration, continuous delivery) processes and principles
Experience in Agile software development methodologies/Scrum and rapid releases
Experience building cloud native solutions
Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems
Ability to drive a project from a simple idea to production
Excellent communication and collaboration skills
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for building our next generation synthetic data processing pipeline. Work alongside 3d engineers from film and game studios to generate data used to train machine learning algorithms. Work closely with the team in a collaborative environment, review specification and needs, architect and develop new methodologies for solving complex problems. Assist with bring-up of physical and virtual prototypes for Apple’s state-of-the-art products.
Education & Experience
BS in computer science, computer graphics, digital media or equivalent experience
Languages: Golang, Python, bash/shell
Technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, S3, SQL
Internet core protocol knowledge: DNS, TCP/SSL, HTTP, CDN
Role Number: 200302173
For Remote Cloud Infrastructure Engineer- VCV-Synthetic Data Group roles, visit Remote Cloud Infrastructure Engineer- VCV-Synthetic Data Group Roles
Principal Software Engineer – OCI (169732) at Oracle
At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI’s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you’ll belong and be encouraged.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
As a software engineer on this team, your responsibilities will include leading system design of major features and services, mentoring other engineers, writing high quality code at a high rate of speed, improving the extent of our code coverage and the automation of our testing and deployments.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 8+ years of software development experience
• Builds entire systems & services. A leader on their team.
• Frequently collaborates across teams
• Writes great code and tests.
• Drives the design and architecture of their product/service
• Works independently on their project. May occasionally need guidance when working on cross team projects. Seeks input and collaboration when appropriate,
• Sound fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with designing, launching and maintaining distributed systems at scale
• Proficiency in one or more programming languages like Java, Python, Golang etc.
• Expertise in building web applications, designing REST APIs and proficient in SQL, relational databases
• Builds major new features in existing systems.
• Improves their team in some subset of: engineering practices, practices, development process, ownership, mentoring.
• Experience building an multi-cloud services platform
• Experience with virtualization and orchestration stacks
• Experience with building and deploying software services with cloud infrastructure providers is a plus
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at oracle-salary-inquiries_us@ to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job ID in the subject line of the email.
For Remote Principal Software Engineer – OCI (169732) roles, visit Remote Principal Software Engineer – OCI (169732) Roles
Principal/Staff Software Engineer (Device Software) – IoT Devices at Axon
Join Axon and be a Force for Good. At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life.
We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent – regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances – and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Our Team In Connected Devices, we are solving some of the hardest IoT challenges today. We design, deploy and manage 1000s of smart camera systems (both in-car and body-cameras) used by 100s of law enforcement agencies around the globe. For example, our Fleet3 product enables law enforcement officers collect video evidence in addition to accurately performing Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) in real-time using AI deep learning models deployed on device.
If you enjoy working on large-scale projects and collaboratively leading the technical direction of an engineering team, this role is for you. We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind. We aim far while delivering results that consistently delight our customers.
Your Impact You are a Staff Software Engineer with experience building high quality and efficient software applications. You have deep interest in devices and how they communicate with the cloud. You can influence our engineering architecture to help lead us into the next phase of growth for our Connected Devices IoT platform.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and have a positive impact on the world. What You’ll Do Location: Seattle, WA/Remote, United States Reports to: VP or Director of Engineering Direct Reports: None. Lead engineering architecture design reviews.
Set a high technical bar for the team through code and design reviews. Mentor colleagues and provide technical input to leadership. Work across Product, Design, and Engineering teams to solve complex technical challenges for our customers.
Improve our Engineering processes, including long-term planning, agile methodology, CI/CD, and software quality initiatives. Build software that raises the bar for availability and latency in this mission-critical space. Work with the latest open source technologies and toolchains What You Bring.
8+ years of experience in software engineering. Ability to write beautiful, simple, maintainable code. Experience collaborating with engineers on a wide breadth of platforms; everything from chipset vendors to backend services, mobile and desktop applications.
Deep skills in driving technical solutions across multiple teams. Significant software development experience in C/C+, Go, Rust and/or another systems programming language Strong experience with RTOS and/or Embedded Linux development. Ability to communicate technical concepts, in both written and verbal form, to a wide variety of audiences.
Mindset of continuous learning and development. Interest in helping to set the technical and organizational direction for a growing engineering team across multiple global locations. Experience with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and/or Cellular technologies.
Experience with audio, video, networking and/or security technologies. Experience with Yocto/Open-Embedded Benefits that Benefit You. Competitive salary and 401k with employer match.
Discretionary paid time off. Paid parental leave for all. Medical, Dental, Vision plans. Fitness Programs.
Emotional & Mental Wellness support. Learning & Development programs. And yes, we have snacks in our offices Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions. Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment
Web Reference : AJF/375107321-764
Posted Date : Sun, 04 Sep 2022
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Axon. Please note IT Jobs for ColU Fans is not responsible for the application process on any external website.
For Remote Principal/Staff Software Engineer (Device Software) – IoT Devices roles, visit Remote Principal/Staff Software Engineer (Device Software) – IoT Devices Roles
Senior Software Engineer, Service Infrastructure at CARTA
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company’s Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit .
The Team You’ll Work With
The Infrastructure team is responsible for creating leverage for the Engineering organization at Carta. We strive to provide best-in-class solutions to our developers so that they can be as productive as possible in solving problems. We provide frameworks, tools and consulting to enhance the robustness, reliability and resiliency of everything we ship. The team is made up of generalists who love solving problems with others but we all have a speciality that makes us greater than the sum of our parts. We like when solutions are consistent and cost-effective but we value solving our customers problems above all else.
The Problems You’ll Solve
• Build a service framework that empowers the other engineers to focus on building their products instead of writing boilerplate code
• Create tools that enable more effective debugging and monitoring in a distributed system
• Migrate legacy systems to use all of the great tooling we’re building without impacting production availability
• Work with teams across the company to solve adhoc issues that span the entire stack
• Promote standards and best practices on everything from API design to language specifics by collaborating and iterating on solutions with stakeholders
• Set new projects up for success by helping them get started on our latest frameworks, libraries and tools
You have 5+ years of backend experience working as an individual contributor. You are familiar with Python (or willing to learn it) but you might have another language in your toolbelt as well. Our stack today includes AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, CircleCI, Jenkins, Datadog, and gRPC but we value experience with similar technologies. You’ve worked in a monolithic environment and have felt the pain as organizations grow. Ideally you’ve helped transform that same environment to microservices. You identify as a generalist but are regarded by your peers as deeply knowledgeable in a specific area. You understand that technology is only a piece of the puzzle so you enjoy collaborating with others to help solve their problems. Those problems are usually lofty, complicated and ambiguous which is why your communications skills are honed and effective. You are extremely mission driven and are as excited about 0 to 1 projects as you are 1 to n.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at recruiting@ . As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
For Remote Senior Software Engineer, Service Infrastructure roles, visit Remote Senior Software Engineer, Service Infrastructure Roles