Software Engineering – Cloud Services at BCforward
Software Engineering – Cloud Services
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Software Engineering – Cloud Services at Houston, TX.
Position Title: Software Engineering – Cloud Services.
Location: Houston, TX (Hybrid Mode: 3 days onsite and 2 days remote in a week)
Expected Duration: 6 Months “W2 Contract to Permanent.”
Public Cloud – SRE
• Experience with Linux operating system internals, public cloud(AWS/Google), database
• Experience programming in any of Python, Ruby Java, Go, etc.
• Should have hands on experience in CI/CD DevOps Automation.
• Should have good experience in GIT, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
• Should have experience in AWS/Google cloud services e.g. EC2, S3, Glacier, IAM, RDS, API’s etc
• Preferable to have experience in Django, RESTapi, MySQL DB
• Preferable to have experience in Message queue service/SQS, Splunk, Grafana, data lake and elastic search
• preferable to have knowledge in containers, kubernetes
Public Cloud- Infrastructure Engineering
• Participate and drive scoping of technical requirements for cloud based solutions
• Design and develop cloud based solutions and certify them in LAB/UAT
• Develop design documents for the designed solutions
• Experience with Linux operating system internals, public cloud(AWS/Google), database
• Should have experience of AWS/Google cloud services e.g. EC2, S3, Glacier, RDS, IAM, Cloud API’s etc
• Should have in-depth experience of AWS/Google cloud services dataProtection, encryption, WORM, Security, API’s
• Prefer to have experience in python, Ruby, Java, Go, etc.
• Knowledge of DevOps Tools and Methodologies
• Should have knowledge of containers, kubernetes
• Prefer to have any public cloud(AWS/Google) certification
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers’ needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers’ specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 186007 when responding to this ad.
For Remote Software Engineering – Cloud Services roles, visit Remote Software Engineering – Cloud Services Roles
Senior Developer – Azure Cloud at Avanade
We are looking for a highly experienced Software Engineer with cloud experience (preferably Azure) to join our growing Software Engineering Team. The Platform Software Group is a development team tasked with building tools for use by Avanade project teams to deliver managed services across a wide range of technologies both on premises and in the cloud. We work at a fast pace to support new opportunities and technologies using the latest cloud and web development technologies.
As a Software Engineer , you will focus on crafting, developing, and testing critical solutions and other custom application development projects. You will work on a variety of new software development projects, as well as maintain existing applications, and you’re happy to share your programming knowledge to support your colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to work on a large, custom built platform used by many teams within Avanade to deliver managed services to Avanade clients. You will develop and test enterprise solutions, including web applications, web services and integrations, and collaboration portals.
You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results. This is the role that you know will steer your professional career in the right direction.
• Collaborate in all the different project phases, from defining technical, operational and user requirements, through to planning, quality control, and testing
• Build conceptual architecture and develop solution options that match your clients’ requirements
• Partner with cross-functional technology teams to integrate solutions
• Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing and participate in transitions of the application or technical architecture components to the Quality Engineers
• Create technical and functional/end-user operational documentation for the software or system
• Engage with offshore and global teams
Your Technical and Non-Technical Skills Include:
• Developing with open source backend technologies such as Node.js, express, Apollo
• Developing with front-end web technologies such as HTML, CSS, Blueprint, React
• Developing native Azure solutions, experience with Cosmos DB, Azure Functions, and Azure networking desirable
• Experience with identity technologies (e.g. OAuth, Azure Active Directory, etc)
• Working with agile delivery methodologies
• Application development, complex code development, application testing and component design
• Ability to work in teams and individually when needed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
• Demonstrated experience working as a Full Stack Software Developer
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 56,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping young people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com .
For Remote Senior Developer – Azure Cloud roles, visit Remote Senior Developer – Azure Cloud Roles
Sr. Software Engineer -Salesforce Marketing Cloud at Sysco
US6469 Sysco Payroll, Division of Sysco Resources Services, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Drives effective delivery of product/platform needs through developing high quality software and technical solutions. Fluent across the full stack and coaches junior developers to promote a flexible mindset and develop technical competence
• Leverages strong understanding of business to develop high quality code to meet product/platform requirements
• D rives and leads adoption of architecture standards and development practices like Test-Driven development, code reviews, static code analysis etc.
• Writes effective technical user stories and ensures that non-functional requirements are met to ensure performance, scaling, resilience and maintainability of software/solutions
• Actively resolves defects and manages technical debt
• Develops unit tests to ensure good coverage and regression testing ability
• Assists in the development of automated tests and environment management scripts
• Practices DevOps methods like CI/CD, SDLC automation and proactive monitoring/telemetry
• Participates in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives to enable progress, and surface and resolve impediments
• Evaluates emerging technologies continually to identify opportunities, trends and best practices to strengthen Sysco’s development practices
• May play a supervisory role toward junior technical resources as they commit to and deliver work
• Bachelor’s degree in CS or 4-5 years of relevant developer experience
• 5-10 years of experience in developing high performance and highly scalable applications in an agile environment, depending on education
• Strong understanding of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban and other agile development techniques
• Strong experience building and deploying applications on a cloud platform such as AWS
• Fluency in DevOps, including continuous integration, continuous deployment / delivery, configuration and containerization, infrastructure as a code, and monitoring
• Demonstrated “agile-development” mindset with strong customer-focus & results-orientation
• Flexible mindset (not married to a single language) and demonstrated ability to grow skillset and work across the full technology stack
• Ability to excel in a fast paced agile environment
• Excellent communication skills to effectively manage key business stakeholder relationships
• Highly proficient in teamwork and collaboration skills
• Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex.
For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
• Personal protective equipment and masks provided
• Temperature screenings
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
For Remote Sr. Software Engineer -Salesforce Marketing Cloud roles, visit Remote Sr. Software Engineer -Salesforce Marketing Cloud Roles
Senior Software Engineer, Cloud & API Management at QVC
Impacting tomorrow’s innovations, our global technology teams support Qurate Retail Group (QVC, HSN, Zulily and Cornerstone Brands) and international markets (US, UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, and Poland). We are No. 1 in vCommerce and a leader in eCommerce technology solutions, from designing applications to creating entirely new platforms. Technology is at the core of all that we do.
Job Description Details
QRG is seeking a Senior Application Developer for API Management. This is a unique opportunity to join an organization known for being #1 in video commerce, a top-10 eCommerce retailer, and a leader in mobile commerce and social commerce – and to become part of the team that is at the center of major strategic initiatives like SAP S4 Hana Global Implementations, IBM Sterling OMS and consolidating APIs across the Organization to a central API Management Tool.
Sr. Application developer will be responsible for architecting, leading, and contributing to development activities for API Management and all its supporting tools to provide an end-to-end solution. Provide thought leadership, drive standards/designs, define short and long-term strategic roadmaps and implementation of the roadmap enabling strategic business goals. Develop and foster close relations with key stakeholders within the business and IT organization to understand their requirements and to help shape our future.
• SME for API Management related needs, leading planning, and brainstorming sessions within and across the Organization.
• Create standards on authentication/authorization/policy patterns by collaborating horizontally and vertically and socialize it in the Organization.
• Develop/Contribute plans where necessary to propose solutions for new/existing systems to onboard onto the API Management platform, help track and execute them.
• Act as a Mentor in training members of the Team on the intricacies of API Management.
• Ensure reliability of our platform through high availability and site recovery, meeting the agreed SLA.
• Practice prescribed SDLC methodologies using tools in the Organization.
What You Bring
• Adept in Cloud based environment, preferably Azure.
• Extensive experience in building REST and SOAP APIs
• Enabling API as an ASSET and its Management platform like APIGEE, Azure API Management etc.,
• Expert in API authentication/authorization (with Certs, OAUTH 2.0 and OpenID Connect)
• Ability to define API using Swagger or Open API Specification.
• Ability to configure reporting dashboards for API Management Metrics/Insights
• Experience in integrating API Management into Enterprise platforms for logging, alerting, auditing, and monitoring.
• Thorough understanding of Proxies, Gateways, Load Balancers and Firewalls
• Experienced using automation tools like Terraform or Ansible.
• Hands on using/configuring to need, various DevOps tools like Bitbucket, Jenkins, Dockers, Newman…
• Experience with Integration to ESB’s (Mule or TIBCO) and Messaging platforms (Rabbit MQ or IBM MQ)
• Knowledge of Open-Source languages (Java or .Net)
• Practice in Agile and Hybrid SDLC.
• 5-8 years of API Development with 2-3 years of Cloud and API Management experience required.
For Remote Senior Software Engineer, Cloud & API Management roles, visit Remote Senior Software Engineer, Cloud & API Management Roles
Full Stack Java Micro Services Software Engineer at jpmorgan chase bank, n.a.
For Remote Full Stack Java Micro Services Software Engineer roles, visit Remote Full Stack Java Micro Services Software Engineer Roles
Cloud NetApp Engineer at Cognizant Technology Solutions
Location: Texas City
Qualification : Bachelor’s in Science/ Commerce/Engineering or equivalent
Responsibility :Business / Customer :
Understand and articulate complex problems related to the specific technology.
Interface with community network to retain technology competitiveness.
Work with the client team to address escalations and own the resolution during the critical incident scenario.
Plan and implement major change requests and engineering tasks.
Project / Process :
Participate in technical audits.
Identify opportunities for automation standardization and stabilization of environment.
Lead TIP initiatives and coordinate with CoEs for the implementation of the same.
Conduct Proof of Concept activities when necessary.
Undertake project specific Proof of Concepts activities to validate technical feasibility with guidance.
Prepare run books on specific technology areas.
Lead reviewer for knowledge articles.
Implement best practices in specific technology area.
Responsible for driving the change mgmt effectively by ensuring that regular process health checks are done and bringing in best practices and building SOPs.
Continuous assessment of the infra/technical environment and address any gaps (for ex.
: firmware Service Packs Backups).
People / Team :
Deliver technology training through Academy and/or within project group for technologies/ tools.
Provide guidance to community members on relevant technology area.
Participate in recruitment.
Must Have Skills
NetApp Storage Administration
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 05 2022
About Cognizant Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
For Remote Cloud NetApp Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud NetApp Engineer Roles
Cloud Deployment Engineer at Schlumberger
Cloud Deployment Engineer
Houston – United States
Cloud Deployment Engineeer (Houston)
Job Summary / Mission:
The Cloud Deployment Engineer’s mission is to support the Geounits, internal users and solutions teams in ensuring the appropriate cloud solution in DELFI is deployed for the customer (internal or external) and adoption is addressed. He/she provides the HQ technical support in order for the field locations to position and deploy the various solutions.
The Cloud Deployment Engineer is responsible for assisting the Geounits across the engagement life-cycle, and specifically across the Assess, Design and Deploy phases.
Main responsibilities revolve around enabling SIS customers, other business lines and internal users to adopt DELFI and assist in the implementation of their digital initiatives.
• Direct reporting to the Cloud Deployment Team Lead.
• Main Interfaces with:
• Internal Engineering, Solution teams (Portfolios), Cloud Operations, and Geounit Services teams.
• Schlumberger field organization
• Client technical teams
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
• 3 years direct work experience with Bachelor’s degree, 5 years direct work experience with Master’s degree
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Cloud Solution Design:
• Collaborating with Engineering and Portfolio for DELFI solutions design and deployment.
• Develop the necessary Solution Design capabilities and competencies for ensuring successful deployment of cloud solutions.
• Capture the Cloud deployment status to keep track of the deployment activity and its performance.
• Commit to comply to Schlumberger QHSE, SL-IT Cloud standards and SOC 2 approved processes.
• Continuous knowledge capture on best practices through company Sharepoint/Wiki.
• Technology watch: keeping track of technology trends to improve our Cloud designs and deployments, and share knowledge with Solution teams and Engineering.
• Ensure successful client onboarding to their DELFI environment.
• Manage Infrastructure and Image Customizations in line with Cloud Adoption processes.
• Capture customizations and deployment playbooks in Azure DevOps
Sales & Marketing:
• Engage with Geounits across the sales cycle to provide technical advisory (client presentations, workshops, deployment assessment, solution design), and contribute to the technical proposal.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide range of peers and stakeholders (internal, external).
• Strong oral and written communication skills; able to confidently facilitate or chair meetings.
• Effective decision making.
• Autonomous, able to adapt, lead, coach, inspire and motivate.
• Ability to deal with a high-pressure environment and demanding deadlines.
• Proactive, and be able to drive projects forward from a technical standpoint, challenging existing processes and procedures where necessary.
• Hands-on experience with Google and Azure cloud technologies to support built-in Cloud solutions.
• Advanced understanding of Azure DevOps (CI/CD), virtualization and container technologies
• Programming skill set in PowerShell, Python, Bash and Node.js
• Working Knowledge of:
• RESTful architecture and use cases.
• Security principles e.g. OAuth2 and JWT
• Source control tools e.g. GitHub
• Infrastructure as code (IaC) build pipeline, provision & configure tools
• Proficiency in Cloud service models e.g. IaaS, SaaS, PaaS
• Advanced skills in Cloud infrastructure deployment, firewall and load balancing, networking, switching, backup and disaster recovery, high availability, enterprise and cloud storage management and technologies, databases and infrastructure capacity planning
• Software packaging and automated deployment experience.
• Understanding of E&P workflows, and associated Schlumberger technologies (e.g. Petrel, ECLIPSE) – preferred
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
For Remote Cloud Deployment Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud Deployment Engineer Roles
Backend Engineer – Remote Optional at Hired
Signup on Hired to find your dream job (remote work available) as a Backend Software Engineer at one of 10,000+ companies looking for jobseekers just like you.
Companies on Hired apply to you! You’ll receive salary and compensation details up front – before the interview. By crafting a profile on Hired, we’re confident that you’ll find a job you’ll love.
Being a Backend engineer means that you are responsible for the construction and the efficiency of all the Backend functionality for a website. You are essential in getting a project off and running. As a Backend developer, you can integrate user-facing elements built by front-end developers with server-side logic, as well as build libraries and reusable code for future use.
We need Back-end Engineering jobseekers on Hired who are results-oriented, multifaceted and can work independently or in a team environment, to get the job done.
• Using frameworks to build service-side software and integrate APIs and cloud computing.
• Analyzing and compiling data, codes and processes to identify areas of improvement and resolve issues.
• Think strategically, creatively and innovatively using good judgment and technical skills.
• Strong understanding of programming techniques and tools, as well as the web development cycle.
• Record data and report findings to the appropriate partners.
• Proficiency in writing and optimizing SQL queries.
• Build security settings, restore and back up technologies for databases and websites.
• Work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while managing and prioritizing multiple responsibilities.
Skills & Experiences Our Employers Need
• Degree in computer engineering/web development/computer science or equivalent experience.
• Experienced or accomplished in any of the following:
SQL, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Java for Front-End and Backend programming, Go Language, Swift, Docker, Azure, AngularJS and Angular 2.
• Adept in crafting REST APIs and version control like Git.
• Experienced with modern MVC frameworks.
• Knowledgeable with application architecture stacks, including API layer, business logic, data modeling, hosting, network and UI/UX.
These Would Also Be Nice
• Experience crafting mobile applications using Objective-C, Swift or Android.
• Experience with cloud development (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
• Experience doing unit testing with Virtual Machines.
• Experience with Webpack.
• Able to work independently or in a team environment.
For Remote Backend Engineer – Remote Optional roles, visit Remote Backend Engineer – Remote Optional Roles