Cloud Engineer at Jobot
small collaborative communications company looking for another cloud engineer interested in PCI and Cloud Security
This Jobot Job is hosted by Taylor Poiry
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button and sending us your resume.
Salary $100,000 – $135,000 per year
A Bit About Us
a remote friendly communications company is looking for another cloud engineer. Engineering group is small under 20 people, and looking for a cloud engineer experience in AWS, linux, scripting, and has exposure to PCI, or cloud security.
Why join us?
• strong engineering culture
• quartely/annual engineering events
• new tech
• strong benefits
• small company high collaboration
• work life balance HIGHLY respected
• you need 3+ years as a DevOps enigneer
• experience in Linux and AWS
• scripting with bash or python
• terraform or cloudformation
• exposure to containers
• interest or experience in cloud security, devsecops, or helping a company become PCI compliant.
• exposure to vulnerability/ scannings.
Cloud Engineer IV – Remote at Kantar
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in.
To start a career that is out of the ordinary, please apply…
Kantar is the world’s leading marketing data and analytics company. We have a complete, unique and rounded understanding of how people think, feel and act; globally and locally in over 90 markets. By combining the deep expertise of our people, our data resources and benchmarks and our innovative analytics and technology, we help our clients understand people and inspire growth.
• Job DescriptionAt Kantar, cloud computing continues to allow us to modernize and consolidate IT infrastructure, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation. To continue this transformation, we’re seeking an experienced Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure cloud engineer with expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects in the cloud. The ideal candidate is experienced in cloud-based tech, with a firm grasp of new technologies, platforms, and applications, and ability to customize them to help our business become more secure and efficient. Extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance, experience leading staff, and sophisticated industry knowledge is key to keeping us on the cutting edge. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
Objectives of this Role
• Partner with our engineering team to identify and implement the most efficient cloud-based solutions for the Kantar Profiles Network platform
• Detail standard methodologies and strategies regarding cloud solution, as well as infrastructure, deployment and maintenance
• Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud proficiencies
• Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of security, automation and recoveryof hosting environments
• Managing cloud environments in accordance with company data privacy and compliance guidelines
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Develop and implement technical efforts to craft, build, and deploy cloud application hosting environments at the direction of lead architects, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, and sophisticated analytics
• Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for cloud solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
• Solve incidents, identify root cause, and document problems, and implement preventive measures
• Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
• Employ outstanding problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business efficiency
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or mathematics
• 3+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS and Azure platforms
• Well seasoned experience with cloud infrastructure services and application hosting platforms
• Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected frameworks
• Experience in several of the following areas: authority LAN/WAN and TCP/IP skills, secure web application hosting, ETL, Microsoft database solutions, AWS S3 and IAM with policies, application CI/CD, identity management
• Experience with deployment and systems configuration automation systems such as Ansible, Terraform and ARM Templates, Powershell, Bash
• Proven ability to partner with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
• AWS and Azure certifications are a plus
• Solid understanding of web services, Rest API and underlying web hosting infrastructure
• Experience with large data movements, data encryption and protection protocols
• Authority in cloud infrastructure networking layers and security
• Experience with container services and VM orchestration
• Familiarity with Agile development strategies and processesBenefits
We provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package, including
• Medical plans with comprehensive, affordable coverage for a range of health services
• Health Savings Account/FSA
• Dental, Vision and benefits to cover unique healthcare needs
• Wellness Program
• 401k with matching
• Tuition Reimbursement, Commuter benefits
• Unlimited PTO
At Kantar, we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to encourage new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us. We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted and are allowed to thrive in a space where their mental health and wellbeing is taken into consideration. We want to build a more diverse community to expand our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking and better commercial outcomes.
At Kantar, the diversity of our employees provides a richer environment for our employees and broader depth and breadth of thinking for our clients. Kantar is committed to inclusion and diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status or any other legally protected characteristics.Privacy and Legal Statement
PRIVACY DISCLOSURE: Please note that by applying to this opportunity you consent to the personal data you provide to us to be processed and retained by The Kantar Group Limited ( Kantar ). Your details will be kept on our Internal ATS (Applicant Tracking System) for as long as is necessary for the purposes of recruitment, which may include your details being shared with the hiring manager.
The salary range for this role in Connecticut is 92,300.00 – 123,100.00 – 153,900.00 USD. Your final base salary will be determined based on several factors which may include but are not limited to location, work experience, skills, knowledge, education and/or certifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
LocationConnecticut, Work from HomeUnited States of America
Kantar Rewards Statement
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us.
We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted and are allowed to flourish in a space where their mental health and well being is taken into consideration.
We want to create a more diverse community to expand our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking and better commercial outcomes.
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow.
For Remote Cloud Engineer IV – Remote roles, visit Remote Cloud Engineer IV – Remote Roles
Cloud Solutions Engineer at GitHub
GitHub helps enterprises and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We’re looking for an experienced customer-facing engineer to provide pre- and post-sales support for our rapidly-growing customer base at the intersection of Software Development and the cloud. A Cloud Solutions Engineer is responsible for relating GitHub, and our products, with the cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, Softlayer, Oracle, etc) our customers are utilizing for their day-to-day development and production workloads. You’ll demonstrate expertise in the integrations between the CSPs and GitHub, a familiarity with cloud fundamentals and technologies, and the ability to demonstrate development best practices for cloud-first customers. You’ll also grow relationships as a GitHub liaison to the customer facing teams in these CSPs establishing joint product and goto market knowledge.
The GitHub presales teams owns the technical relationships with customers and prospects and works internally with sales and product development to identify and communicate solutions to meet customers’ business needs. This person acts as a resource for the sales and customer success teams, our front-line technical support team, and other functional departments within the company, specifically focused on our engagement with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and others.
We’re extremely passionate about the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and people oriented, you might be a fit for this role
• Identifying customer business requirements and matching them to product features
• Building joint customer strategies with enterprise sales, support and field services to encourage product adoption
• Providing live demonstrations of the GitHub Enterprise platform to prospective customers
• Building technical demonstrations, specific to GitHub interoperating with the CSPs, their software development portfolio of solutions, and the other technical capabilities they provide.
• Answering GitHub product questions and helping customers and prospects to take full advantage of the GitHub product
• Answering GitHub technical questions and helping customers integrate GitHub with their existing development tools and workflows
• Owning the technical enablement of how customers using a cloud service provider will use the GitHub portfolio with their existing investments, supporting the csp’s Customers and Partners.
• Interacting with the Cloud Service Providers customer facing teams, to build a joint investment and goto market motion.
• Building relationships with key decision makers, visiting customers on-site, and serving as a customer’s technical point of contact.
• Educating prospects on product implementation and usage
• Learning about customers’ successes and challenges, sharing customer feedback within GitHub, and advocating for customer interests
• Maintaining awareness of internal GitHub initiatives and the Source Control Management (SCM) industry
• Acting as intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
• Supporting customer migrations towards the GitHub platform, away from competitive development tooling.
• Advocating for best practices and integrations with customer-focused cloud providers
• Communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered in product strategy
• Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledgebases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
• 3+ years of experience in sales/solutions engineering, technical consulting, or system integration project management for enterprise accounts; customer-facing experience is a must
• Ability to travel up to 30%
• Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
• Passionate commitment to quality and success
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong public speaking ability
• Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
• Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
• Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) architecture, tools and workflows
• Knowledge of the Cloud Service Provider landscape and their software development offerings
• Understanding of modern Software Development/DevOps oriented tooling, supporting a best of breed approach to the discipline.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
• Experience working in or with large software development teams
• Ability to work across different time zones
• Ability to articulate the value of DevOps and DevSecOps
• Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
• Knowledge of Salesforce.com workflows
• Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Knowledge of best of breed implementations involving GitHub, and Google Cloud and AWS software development services.
• Understanding of the AWS or GCP Sales organization, sales process, and Enterprise Operating Unit Account Structure.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
For Remote Cloud Solutions Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud Solutions Engineer Roles
Staff Software Engineer, Cloud Infra at eBay Inc.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be with.
We are on a mission to build a software defined infrastructure that builds, manages, scales and heals with our business growth. There are many challenges that engage us on a daily basis to evolve our cloud platform and you will play an integral role.
• Customer First – Every problem we solve must create value for the customer (ebay.com) and we put the customer above everything else.
• Simplicity – Our systems need to be as simple as possible through thoughtful reduction.
• Just Works – Our platforms need to just work at our scale with the highest possible availability.
• Engineering Excellence – Take pride in engineering solutions that push the boundaries of possibility.
• Develop and advance the capabilities of our highly reliable and available cloud services – Compute, Network and Storage.
• Own the services from its creation to decomm with development, test, deploy, monitor and scale.
• Conceive new ideas to problems and take them to market through rapid prototyping, validation, iterative development and continuous test and deployment.
• Challenge yourself, enrich in an environment of like minded engineers and most importantly, have fun!
• M.S/Ph.D in Computer Science related subjects with minimum of 6 years of work experience
• Solid foundations in computer science – data structures, logical thinking, algorithms, space-time complexities, operating Systems, databases etc
• Proficient in one of the programming languages – Go, Java, C or C++
• Expertise in Kubernetes internals and framework
• Good knowledge of Linux operating system
• Experience in solving problems in the areas of distributed systems at scale
Nice to Have:
• Knowledge or experience in Istio
• Experience in cloud native CI/CD technologies like Tekton
• Experience in infrastructure automation frameworks like puppet and salt
• Previous experience working with monitoring systems like Prometheus, Alert manager, Grafana, Thanos
• Knowledge in Container networking, Software load balancing, DNS
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as “Remote – United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)” excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Associate Director, Multi-Cloud Network Architecture- Remote at Humana
The Associate Director, Cloud Network Architecture will design, provide vision and strategy, develop, and execute Humana’s Cloud Network architecture and environments.
This is a management and leadership position that will direct and scale the team efficiently to support Humana’s growth in healthcare services.
This role will provide thought leadership, strategic design, engineering solutions and execution, across Humana’s private and public cloud networks and third party ecosystems.
Given the network’s criticality to Humana’s overall business strategy, this leader must bring a vision of how the future of network technology can enable scale and velocity while maintaining stability and consistency.
Humana’s technology environment has pivoted from a centralized model over the past several years to a more federated model.
This trend will continue and accelerate to the point where Humana’s technology assets and users are spread out over hundreds of vendors, offices, and geographies.
This leader will evolve and own the one uniting factor that will ensure smooth operations, remain highly resilient, drive agile product development capabilities, and host core services that keep Humana and its customers connected and productive-the Network.
The AD of Cloud Network Architecture is expected to bring recent Cloud and network architecture experience , with the engineering and operational experience and rigor that is commensurate with the increasing scale and complexity of Humana’s enterprise.
This management position will have the experience of leading a major enterprise successfully through such digital transformations as migration to cloud infrastructures, enabling and transitioning to microservices, software defined networks and connectivity multiple cloud service providers together.
The AD of Cloud Network Architecture
The position will have the following responsibilities:
• Modernize cloud network architecture and create the ability to scale at speed, leveraging new technologies, and driving software-defined networking practices and capabilities
• Define cloud networking design standards, connectivity policies and patterns for architecture approval
• Work across functions and business units to be the point person for cloud network architecture & connectivity
• Manage transition to cloud for network & security services
• Gather requirements and analyze data to build high-performance network environments
• Determine where automation and simplification will increase efficiencies
• Transition group from reactive to proactive approach from a network strategy mindset
• Manage, grow and develop a team of top talent
• Interface with external vendors and network peers in a clear and concise manner
• Approach monitoring and telemetry with Devops SRE network mindset using multiple solutions to paint the right analysis
• Collaborate with Infrastructure team members and others as necessary to assess near and long-term network capacity needs
• Build in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across segments and/or enterprise-wide
• Makes decisions that are typically related to intradepartmental coordination, development and implementation of strategic plans, and business outcomes
• 6 or more years of experience designing, deploying, maintaining, and improving cloud networks
• 3 years of recent and progressive technical experience in cloud network technologies
• 2 or more years of management experience
• Experience in leading and facilitating technology transformations to cloud services such as Azure, AWS and GCP
• Experience building and securing high availability applications using cloud native tools (Load balancers, Route 53, WAF, etc.)
• Intermediate knowledge of at least one Infrastructure-as-a-Code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
• Automation is in your DNA
• Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
• Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
• Strong executive and people leadership skills; demonstrated track record of building and developing strong teams
• Experience leading legacy transformations at scale, while navigating complexity and regulatory frameworks
• Capable of working up, down, and across an organization, effectively navigating a matrix to get things done and push boundaries, simultaneously
• Ability to lead and create ‘followership’ with an existing and expanding team
• Deep technical experience in network design, build and administration
• Strong engineering expertise, ideally applied in a progressive leading-edge organization with scale and complexity
• Prior experience in the health solutions industry
Scheduled Weekly Hours
For Remote Associate Director, Multi-Cloud Network Architecture- Remote roles, visit Remote Associate Director, Multi-Cloud Network Architecture- Remote Roles
Azure Administrator / Engineer (Microsoft Managed Services) at PwC
Specialty/Competency: Platform Engineering & Architecture
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in our Software Development and Information Technology Operations practice, within Cloud Computing and Networking services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on the joint business relationship between PwC and Google, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and other cloud based platforms to bring new and innovative services to some of the largest companies. We help our clients adopt the cloud to transform Information Technology, scale and streamline operations and create new cloud based businesses through our strong alliances. You’ll be at the forefront of helping organisations around the globe adopt innovative technology solutions that optimise business processes or enable scalable technology.
In joining, you’ll develop and manage integration strategies that helps our clients implement cloud computing solutions related to enterprise architecture, service architecture, systems architecture, and business process management.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
• Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
• Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
• Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
• Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
• Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
• Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
• Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
• Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Required Knowledge and Skills :
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs by:
• Ensuring success by enabling the customer to utilize Azure in the most efficient manner;
• Working with end-to-end cloud technical architecture, solution deployment and Azure Management post migration;
• Driving technical discussions with team members, leadership, and customers;
• Understanding in any of the following Azure services and technologies (Azure Resource Manager APIs and Deployment Methodologies, Application Services and Micro Services Patterns, Azure Compute, Storage and Networking, Azure Security and Identity, Backup and Recovery, Container Services, Data Platform, Automation and Log Analytics, DevOps and/or GitHub);
• Leading the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives to help partners build profitable Azure/cloud businesses;
• Building technical and business credibility with senior executives and grow mind share with strategic customers and partners; and,
• Designing, implementing, and/or supporting distributed applications by demonstrating architectural skills to ensure availability and reliability.
Preferred Qualifications :
Certification(s) Preferred :
Azure Admin Certification
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs by:
• Maintaining 300-400 level depth in core Azure Services (Compute, Networking, and Storage);
• Serving as a trusted advisor to customers;
• Developing Azure technical/operational readiness plans for customers;
• Administering tenants/subscriptions for multiple customers;
• Defining and building technical documentation for configuration management, and operational readiness;
• Selecting a migration approach to move workloads to Azure or architecting a greenfield implementation; and,
• Driving Azure onboarding plans in conjunction with customers.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: ~~~.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: ~~~.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: ~~~.
For Remote Azure Administrator / Engineer (Microsoft Managed Services) roles, visit Remote Azure Administrator / Engineer (Microsoft Managed Services) Roles