Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Databricks
While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
At Databricks Information Technology, we are a product led organization transforming the way we work from how easy it is to use our IT services to the applications we develop that help us scale seamlessly in face of incredible growth.
The Corporate Engineering team builds / providing services and infrastructure that allow our bricksters to be successful. To accomplish this the team is dedicated to the mission of ensuring that the underlying infrastructure is running smoothly and that systems and tools are working as expected.
Databricks is hiring an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to report to Corporate Engineering managing cloud infrastructure and capabilities. This role is important to scaling and optimizing our business processes infrastructure as we continue our hyper-growth.
The Impact You Will Have
• You will work with different teams making sure that services we offer to the business are built for scale
• You will work with the Marketing team to co-managed AWS infrastructure for public websites and assets.
• You will work with internal IT teams to manage AWS cloud infrastructure and kubernetes that run applications and middleware components for the business.
• You will work with developers to provide instrumentation to improve both quality and predictability of application or configuration deployments across infrastructure
• You will help define Service level agreements and processes working with team to establish telemetry to monitor.
• You will build IAC (Infrastructure as Code) around IaaS system and kubernetes deployments,
• You will improve service availability and disaster recovery of business systems as an ethos across the organization.
What We Look For
• 5+ years of experience or related experience administering cloud infrastructure in AWS and kubernetes
• 2+ years of experience scaling production cloud systems while both secure and performant.
• 1+ years of experience programming in languages such as Python, node.js, golang or Scala is ideal.
• Have worked with IAC automation such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Troposphere or Saltstack
• Hands-on technical skills. Can write scripting or use DSLs to design deployment automation and CI/CD pipelines
• Familiarity with APIs and designing solutions to use interfaces and micro services architecture to build automation for infrastructure and instrumentation.
• Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
• 401(k) Plan
• Equity awards
• Flexible time off
• Paid parental leave
• Family Planning
• Gym reimbursement
• Annual personal development fund
• Work headphones reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Business travel accident insurance
• Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
For Remote Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer roles, visit Remote Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Roles
Cloud Engineer I IS at Providence
Cloud Engineer I IS – SS IS TEO ADM 2 at Enterprise Information Services
Cloud Service Engineers work in partnership with developers, testers, and program managers, (typically early in the development process) to design, operate, grow, and improve large-scale, cloud-based services offered to IS and non IS caregivers. Their technical skills are on par with their Development, Test, and Program Management counterparts.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering.
• 1 year of related experience; 1-3 years preferred.
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of “Know me, care for me, ease my way.” Working at our family of organizations means that regardless of your role, we’ll walk alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
About the Team
Providence Shared Services is a service line within Providence that provides a variety of functional and system support services for our family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We are committed to the principle that every workforce member has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
We are committed to cultural diversity and equal employment for all individuals. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, compensate, transfer, train, retain, terminate, and make all other employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin (including certain language use restrictions), ancestry, disability (mental and physical including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, age, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, and military and veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status. We will also provide reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified caregiver or applicant for employment, unless the accommodation would impose undue hardship on the operation of our business.
We are a community where all people, regardless of differences, are welcome, secure, and valued. We value respect, appreciation, collaboration, diversity, and a shared commitment to serving our communities. We expect that all workforce members in our community will act in ways which reflect a commitment to and accountability for, racial and social justice and equality in the workplace. As such, we will maintain a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on any applicable legally protected status. We also expect that all workforce members will maintain a positive workplace free from any unacceptable conduct which creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.
Requsition ID: 116169
Company: Providence Jobs
Job Category: Development/Engineering
Job Function: Information Technology
Schedule: Full time
Career Track: Business Professional
Department: 4011 SS IS HI DP 3
Address: OR Portland 4400 NE Halsey St
Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
For Remote Cloud Engineer I IS roles, visit Remote Cloud Engineer I IS Roles