Cloud Network Engineer II at Microsoft Corporation
Cloud Operationsand Innovation(CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible forall ofthe operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness, and environmental sustainability.
We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters andover1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
This core infrastructure is a target for cyber criminals, hacktivists, and nation-state adversaries that seek to bring harm to our businesses, customers, and staff. Holding the lineagainst themthese threats is the Datacenter Cyber DefenseandIndustrial Networkingteam! We are Microsofts industrial strength security team!
With a focus on safety, resiliency, and recovery the Datacenter Cyber DefenseandIndustrial Networkingteam is responsible for fielding and operating our datacenters cyber security systems, controls and processes that protect and defendMicrosofts datacenters operational technologies (OT), industrial scenarios, and other mission critical infrastructures from cyber threats.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
The Datacenter Cyber Defense andIndustrialnetworking team is seeking a motivated,talented,and cyber security focusedNetwork Engineer tojoin our team!This role works collaboratively across a larger engineering team managing the structure, deliverables, timelines, and prioritization for designing, delivering, automating,securing,and providing operational support forcriticalindustrial networkingprograms, servicesand projects in existing and future datacenters.
The cloud business is booming, that means datacenter activitiesand growth isbooming!Our datacenters work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year so ourprograms and servicesmust too be designed, built, and operated in such a way to support thatgrowth andexecution model.You will work within theCloud Operations and Innovationengineering teams as well as partner across externalteams handlingdatacenterengineering,support teams, design and build teams, and key decision makers across CO+Idivision.
Partnering closely with thepeer engineeringorganizationsyour role will be to design and deploy network solutions and manage them in a true DevOps fashion.You will be required to possess deep technical skills in Network & Security and drive projects with heavy reliance on key partnerships with globaldatacenteroperations teams andfunctionsat varying levels of the business, teams responsible for the design and delivery of datacenters, Azure network engineering and architecture teams, and all groups affiliated with Microsoft Datacenters (Business & Property groups).
The candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to speak and present effectively to all levels ofbusiness andbe willing to jump into any situation to help provide design, support and troubleshoot issues in a 24x7x365 engineering environment. A successful candidate should be able to execute following responsibilities:
• Performs technical analysis and leads the design architecture of network or security plans for the enterprise. Analyzes network or security requirements of the business and architects solutions that will include highly available and resilient designs.
• Expert in Network, Cloud, and Cyber security disciplines. Proficient in one or more programming languages (preferably python) and develops automation to deploy and maintain systems.
• Installs, upgrades, and maintains network or security hardware, operating system and software as needed leveraging automation.
• Participate in on-call DRI rotation to support network services.
• Oversees complex infrastructure network or security projects, including design, deployment, and monitoring.
• Apply analytic techniques for diagnoses and insights, then using automation in the form of self-healing, attempt to auto correct faulting components to restore service health.
• Define scope, design, and deploy network hardware solutions, including configuration automation via Python & Ansible.
• Manage our network infrastructure as code leveraging software coding practices.
• Performs complex incident management and problem resolution for network and security systems. Collaborates with Information Technology staff and business personnel in the creation and turnover of solutions for production-level operations.
• Acts as a source for direction, training, and guidance for less experienced department staff Qualifications
• 5+ years technical experience in network design, development, and automation OR Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field AND 2+ years technical experience in network design, development, and automation OR Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 1+ year(s) technical experience in network design, development, and automation.
• 3+ years of experience in routing and switching protocols, VPNs in large enterprise class or service provider networks.
• 1+ year of automation skills in at least one programming language relating to Network Automation. Preferred Qualifications:
• 5+ years experience in network design, implementing, and supporting Datacenter networks.
• 3+ years experience with network authentication systems such as TACACS+ (Cisco ISE, Duo)
• Any security certifications like CCNP or CCIE Route & Switch are preferred .
• Very strong technical knowledge of enterprise networking solutions for very large environments
• Network hardware from Cisco, Arista and Palo Alto
• Experience with SD-WAN technologies.
• Any experience with industrial control systems is preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership ability, strong team player who enjoys a fast-paced atmosphere.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments, and projects.
• Ability to influence and drive consensus on multiple technical views.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, directed, and passionate
• Ability to learn very quickly in a fast-paced environment. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form () .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
For Remote Cloud Network Engineer II roles, visit Remote Cloud Network Engineer II Roles
Cloud/Network Deployment Engineer at Accenture
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world.
The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Program Specialist Services professionals provide project-based support services within centers. These professionals support the delivery and execution of our key projects with specialized services.
As a member of our Global Client Cloud Infrastructure organization , the Client Deployment Engineer will serve as a point of contact for voice and data connectivity for client projects moving to a GDN Delivery Centre, and responsible for the detailed design and deployment of data telecommunications systems and network infrastructure for the Accenture client as well as for client outsourcing engagements.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
• Adapts existing methods and procedures for engineering & deploying network connectivity solution.
• Has strong knowledge in Networking capabilities and troubleshooting.
• Able to achieve network readiness timelines as set by the Business.
• May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
• Acts as main technical point of contact
• Work evening and weekends as needed.
(at least 1 area of knowledge is needed, not all are required)
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Cisco Routing or Switching
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
• Minimum 2 years of experience with VPN Technologies
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Juniper SRX
• 1 Year experience in AWS or other Cloud Voice architecture.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associates Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience)
Professional Skill Requirements:
• Problem solving abilities for recognizing technical issues and developing appropriate solutions
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Desire to work in an information systems environment
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
As required by Colorado law under the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado.
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location.
For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $59,832-$113,700 and information on benefits offered is here.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization.
As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values.
Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
Read more here )
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement \_acnmedia/Careers/PDF-9/Accenture-Annual-Policy-Statement-Regarding-EEO-2018-) .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed.
If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process.
Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email ) or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
For Remote Cloud/Network Deployment Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud/Network Deployment Engineer Roles
Cloud Network Software Engineer- SRE at Apple
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish!
Our Cloud Networking team builds and operates Software-defined network platforms that work at scale to deliver a multi-Cloud network and security with global footprint. We are a fast growing team at forefront of shaping Apple’s hybrid cloud network abstractions.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial network SWE-SRE who can bootstrap Cloud Network solutions to support Apple’s Internet services such as iCloud, Siri, and Online Store. If you are passionate about operational excellence and reliability then our team might be the right place for you. If you want to be part of a story that will transform the way we do networking at Apple, then we might be a good match for you!
Minimum 5 years of experience in production system building
Minimum 5 years of experience doing hands on development with Go/ C/C++,/Java
Experience in operationalizing large scale distributed systems
Hands-on experience with network web services/APIs from AWS and GCP
Good understanding of K8s, containers, build systems and infrastructure as code
Operational scale and reliability will be your mantra here. You will work closely with our development team to accelerate risk free continuous deployment to production. The role entails building a broad spectrum of services that include infrastructure automation, operational intelligence and optimization. You will be expected to practice and champion excellent software development principles, while also being tier-3 escalation support for production issues and being part of the weekly on-call rotation team. The role requires extreme ownership and a hands-on leader who has a relentless passion and enthusiasm for building elegant and powerful tools for solving complex problems at scale.
Education & Experience
BS and MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
• Team player who is excited to work with members having highly diverse technical background
• Self-motivated in pursuing the objective goals and having a high tolerance for ambiguity
• Expertise with host networking stack
Cloud Network Engineer at Applied Materials
Key Responsibilities Analyzes business requirements, converts requirements to functional and technical specifications, and designs solutions to meet business requirements. May participate in new technology evaluations. Perform and document software application configuration and/or coding, prepare and execute testing (unit, integration, performance, acceptance) and data conversions using standard tools and following established processes and guidelines. Participates in reviewing and monitoring complex production systems to ensure continuous, effective performance;
determines modifications as needed. Provides support services to GIS customers for specific IT service or set of services. Adheres to service management processes and procedures to meet customer service level agreements and maintain customer satisfaction. Performs System analysis and debugging of configuration and programs to identify problem root causes. Completes root cause analysis of outages (often working with managed services partner).
Plan and manage projects to ensure effective and efficient execution in line with established processes and guidelines and guardrails of scope, timeline, budget and quality Functional Knowledge Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities Business Expertise Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work Leadership No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members Problem Solving Solves problems in straightforward situations;
analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents Impact Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies Interpersonal Skills Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Bachelor’s Degree Skills
2 – 4 Years Work
Additional Information Travel:
Yes, 10% of the Time Relocation Eligible:
No Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, r basis prohibited by law.
For Remote Cloud Network Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud Network Engineer Roles
Cloud Network & Security Engineer at Deloitte
Deloitte Cloud Services (DCS) network and security team builds world class technology solutions in support of the business, member firms and our clients’ cloud network security strategies. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to help implement and support cloud network, as well as, security solutions within the DCS network/security space and provide governance over firewall, load balancers and remote access infrastructure in a large-scale environment. Play a role in deploying cutting edge infrastructure and automation while driving partnerships with security (cyber, STS, on-prem security), cloud engineering, and application development teams. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Cloud Network and Security Engineer your role will include:
Implementation of network security strategy including cloud enablement and establishing next generation cloud firewall features and capabilities
Understand and deploy public cloud network architecture (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
Provide analysis and recommendations for the continuous improvement of cloud network and security in public cloud networks (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
Maintain, deploy, upgrade and troubleshoot cloud network and security infrastructure solutions, including hybrid connectivity, firewalls, load balancers, Site-to-Site and remote client VPN, Intrusion prevention and detection systems etc.
Collaborate with security and infrastructure teams to implement consistent technical solutions and support processes
Assist with on-call support as needed.
Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) certifications
Experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform engineering, implementation and support
In-depth knowledge of network security and security operations, including Check Point and Palo Alto firewalls, F5 load balancers, Unified Threat Management firewalls and IPS
Experience with PowerShell, cloud formation template, automating security processes or configuration in the public cloud
Experience and aptitude with software defined networking (SDN)
Experience with automation through object-oriented programming and scripting
Experience with deploying network virtual appliances in a public cloud space
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
BA/BS or equivalent related professional experience
Minimum 5 years total work experience
Minimum 2 years work experience with public cloud hosting and support (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
Knowledge of networking, routing and switching experience
Has in-depth knowledge of networking and security engineering, as well as technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required in the public cloud.
Experience with firewall configuration, implementation and troubleshooting
Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $100,000 to $165,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
EA_ExpHireEstimated Salary: $20 to $28 per hour based on qualifications.
For Remote Cloud Network & Security Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud Network & Security Engineer Roles
Cloud Systems Engineer at General Dynamics
• *Type of Requisition:** Regular
• *Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:** Secret
• *Public Trust/Other Required:** NACLC (T3)
• *Job Family:** Systems Engineering
General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking a **Cloud Systems Engineer** with strong cloud experience who holds active DOD Secret clearance. Site location: remote.
The position will support a US Air Force program that is playing a major role in strengthening and modernizing America’s Strategic Deterrent Force. GDIT will develop and deliver a digital engineering design solution, which enables and integrates the program’s complete set of data, tools, and model-based systems engineering (MBSE) activities, and makes them available to internal and appropriate external engineering and programmatic stakeholders throughout the program’s life-cycle. This effort will culminate in an abstracted, highly transportable environment delivered to the Government, to be instantiated “virtually” on the Government’s network infrastructure, and updated during the Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) phase of weapon system development.
For this effort, GDIT will use cloud based concepts including IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service); PaaS (Platform as a Service); and SaaS (Software as a service) and containerization concepts including Terraform and Docker to build-out the DEE. Together, the application of these concepts will result in a Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Cloud Systems Engineers will assist in the development, implementation, and tuning of management and monitoring tools needed to ensure the DEE is operating within optimal performance parameters.
Along with Cloud Security Specialists, Cloud Systems Engineers will direct Systems Administrators in performing the migration of applications to the Development environment, and when ready they will perform the migration to the Government instance of the DEE.
+ Experience designing and defining cloud system architecture for new or existing computer systems
+ Experience building/managing servers in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) environment
+ Experience with cloud/server/network/storage implementation and support
+ Experience with VMware implementation and support
+ Experience maintaining up-to-date documentation, and prepares documentation for infrastructure changes
+ Experience working in Agile teams
+ Active DOD Secret Clearance
+ Certification with cloud technologies
+ Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
• *WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:**
+ Full-flex work week
+ 401K with company match
+ Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
+ Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
+ Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
\#DEE2020 #Defense #USAF #kmp #systemsengineer #remote #AWS #cjobs #dicepost #gdpost
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
For Remote Cloud Systems Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud Systems Engineer Roles
Cloud Design Engineer at Tech Mahindra
This is a lead role within Dev Engineering team, candidate should be able to brainstorm and develop solutions in the lab and perform proof of concept testing.
Extensive experience with large enterprise SIP deployment and call routing utilizing Ribbon PSX and SBC-Expert SIP troubleshooting using Wireshark and other Vo
IP analyzer tools – Expert Transcoding, TLS/SRTP deployment – Intermediate Experience with Open source SIP Proxy servers such as OpenSIPS, Kamailio and Asterisk-Intermediate Expereince with Cloud Technologies such as AWS and Azure-Intermediate Genesys platform experience – Intermediate SIP Recording -SIPRREC experience – Intermidate Experience with WebRTC technologies -BeginnerLocations:
Austin,TX/Sunnyvale, CA and Seattle, WA
For Remote Cloud Design Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud Design Engineer Roles
Senior Cloud Network Firewall Engineer- Location Open at Deloitte
Senior Cloud Network Firewall Engineer
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? An industry solutions professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Senior Cloud Network Firewall Engineer , you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
• Lead and support network architecture and operation of the Open Cloud platform operating on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and Google Cloud (GCP)
• Deploy complex network solutions such as virtualized Palo Alto firewall environments and be an innovative problem solver
• Manage networking projects in a fast-paced and organizationally complex environment and effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies
Deloitte’s Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
• 8+ years strong technical experience with network infrastructure in cloud environments (AWS, Azure and GCP)
• Experience driving the architecture and operational support of the network infrastructure on AWS, Azure and GCP
• MUST HAVE hands on expertise with Palo Alto and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
• Experience working with routers, switches, provisioning, firewalls and security (specifically Palo Alto)
• Experience in assessing and facilitating network requests: this includes firewall policies and VPN in the cloud environment
• Thorough understanding of rules, policies, ports, blocks and VPN technologies
• Ability to travel 0-10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For Remote Senior Cloud Network Firewall Engineer- Location Open roles, visit Remote Senior Cloud Network Firewall Engineer- Location Open Roles
Cloud Engineer at Emonics, LLC
Cloud Infra-as-Code product team is looking for an experienced cloud engineer with large scale and enterprise experience to help with overall automation of infrastructure requirements for the product line.
Here is the list of technical requirements:
• 2-5 years of demonstrated experience on a large scale, enterprise environment
• Multi discipline Software Engineering and development (5+ years), dotnet, power shell, C#
• Multi discipline IT Skills, Linux, windows, SQL administration or development – multi-year experience in enterprise organization.
• Ansible automation (2+ years)
• Cloud (Azure) automation experience (2+ years), DevOps
• Azure Certifications preferred
• Kubernetes / Docker Containerization experience preferred
For Remote Cloud Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud Engineer Roles
Sr. Systems Engineer-Public Cloud Tooling at Marriott
Job Number 22142948
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
The Sr. Systems Engineer – Public Cloud Tools, (SSE) ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems and technologies that support core customer facing and enterprise facing products and platforms. This role serves as a subject matter expert in a complex array of full stack solutions and tooling. This role will perform research, analysis, design, creation, and implementation of systems to meet current and future requirements. The role is a discipline which combines both software and systems engineering to build and operate large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. The role will be immersed in the elements of development, integration, operation, and support for platform services. S/he will work with engineering, application and enterprise/solution architects to develop and implement services, monitor, report and tune infrastructure platforms. The role will develop full stack automation, infrastructure as code across Marriott public cloud platforms.
The Public Cloud product produces services including Compute/Storage, Virtualization, Operating Systems, Container Platforms, Middleware, Database, Business Intelligence, Tools and Automation through Infrastructure As Code across Marriotts entire Public Cloud footprint.
Education and Experience
• Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification
• 7+ years experience in information technology with technical skills:
• 5+ years Linux experience
• 5+ years experience in Cloud technologies including Iaas/Paas/Saas deployments on Public Cloud
• 5+ years experience in OS scripting and automation
• 5+ years experience in Middleware, Database, Content Management, and BI Platforms
• 3+ years professional experience in administration and implementing automation in public Cloud infrastructure with Terraform and Ansible following Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts.
• Work closely with application and delivery teams in ensuring best practices are followed and the infrastructure automation can be self-service.
• 3+ years professional experience with cloud computing technology and its concepts (AWS, Azure, AliCloud) and/or virtualized (VMWare, OpenStack)
• 2+ years professional experience in container operations (Docker, OpenShift Enterprise, GKE, ECS) and orchestration (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
• 5+ years Linux system administration
• 3+ years of professional experience in monitoring and automation tools: Splunk, BMC Patrol, Netcool
• 3+ years of professional experience supporting the configuration, customization, enhancements and end to end deployment of HashiCorp Vault
• 1+ years operating in an agile scrum environment and with a delivery focus and experience to deliver incrementally at a fast pace in 2-week sprints
Additional Preferred Experiences:
• Experience with Security Protocols (SSL, SAML, SAMP, LDAP etc.) and controls (container scanning, log aggregation, network scanning, CVE)
• Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby
• Experience in designing, analyzing, and engineering large-scale distributed systems
• Experience in the design, implementation and operational support of mission critical solutions
• Demonstrated experience delivering technology solutions in a fast-paced, deadline driven enterprise environment
• Demonstrated experience learning and applying new technologies to solve business needs
• Excellent problem-solving skills working independently and through leading outcomes for cross functional teams
• Excellent understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of systems
• Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities
• Experience across many of the following platforms:
• Container platforms (Examples: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, GKE)
• Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Linux, Windows, CentOS
• Storage: Block Storage, Object Storage, Lifecycle Management and Data Replication, Backup & Recovery Best Practices
• Network Virtualization: Akamai Global Traffic Management and Edge & Delivery Networks, Elastic Load Balancing Services, Domain Name Services and Registration
• Security: Compliance, Information Assurance, Data Protection using industry-best practices and tooling (Crowdstrike Falcon, Tenable.io, Splunk Phantom, HashiCorp Vault signers, SHA1 and SHA2 certificate management)
• Applications Frameworks: Java Spring, Java Play, node.js, NginX, JavaEE, HTML5
• Database: Relational (Oracle, DB2, MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MSSQL Server), non-relational (Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB, CockroachDB)
• Requirement gathering, validation, fulfillment and change management
• Infrastructure operations experience including self-healing autonomy
• Provide functional, technical, and/or process leadership, or Project Management experience
• Strong knowledge of emerging tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class IT technology across the enterprise
• Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products
• Experience in developing technology roadmaps and strategies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders and IT teams
• Understanding of automated ITCM/ITRM best practices
• Experience operating in Scaled Agile Framework
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Provides technical leadership, oversight, governance and direction for services related to Marriott solution delivery
• Provides technical expertise to project team for successful project and change implementations
• Determines customer requirements and works with sourced resources to develop solutions
• Leads analysis of current environment for deficiencies and provides solutions
• Provides input into lifecycle, improvement, and standardization strategies
• Develops and generates periodic utilization reports to provide visibility to performance, capacity, availability and SLA management
• Utilize capacity data to model future state planning with overall strategy and goals
• Provides and presents status, analysis and reporting to internal stakeholders, Executive Management and Senior Leadership
• Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
• Identifies opportunities to enhance the service delivery, operations and continual service improvement processes
• Develop implementation plans, test plans, and timelines for projects and tasks
• Responsible for project inception including requirements gathering and architecting, costs and chargeback modeling, infrastructure-as- code development and configuration management
• Work with Enterprise Architecture to provide technology and cloud native service governance for technology steering committees, with cost and support directives
• Promote Marriott International Cloud Platform capabilities including Cloud Native Services for cost effective solutions against architecture
• Promote Containers-as-a-Service Kubernetes methodologies for orchestrated scheduling of portable containers across global cloud platforms
• Monitor and drive industry best practice Continuous Delivery principals for improvement of application and feature deployment velocity with minimal downtime
• Work with MI Security for governance and application of Tier0/1 Security tooling across the entire fleet of cloud virtual machines including automated OS, access, log, DDOS and code monitoring and auditing
• Own relationships with tooling and Cloud vendors including Red Hat, Docker, Chef, Amazon, Google
• Coordination between onshore/offshore engineering and operations teams; handover and acceptance of L1/2 shared services Ops
• Create and enhance administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures for employees, contractors and vendor engagements
• Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
• Management of daily infrastructure operations to ensure availability SLA is met for storage services
• Interfaces with stakeholders to establish requirements and formulate priorities for infrastructure projects
• Leads/assists in configuration management
• Works in a concerted effort with application development and engineering teams to resolve complex issues
• Provides oversight, collaboration, provisioning, management and maintenance of technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment
• Responsible for the establishment and continuous development of monitoring and alerting for all production environments
• Develops internal processes and training to ensure team members have the needed skills and tools to support the production environments and deliver on project commitments
• Performs complex quantitative and qualitative analyses for operational availability to promote a zero-defect environment
• Facilitates achievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services Providers
• Leads/assists operational teams in system updates & upgrades
• Provides consultation for routine and complex systems development
• Ensures early warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded or missed service levels
• Coordinates with Product and Architecture & Development teams for deployment and production support activities
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines are met.
• Promotes the documenting of project progress accurately.
• Provides input and assistance to other teams regarding projects.
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Manages and implements work and projects as assigned.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
• Provides technical expertise and support to persons inside and outside of the department.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Demonstrates knowledge of function-specific procedures.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data and/ or process information.
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
• Collaborates with internal partners and stakeholders to support business/initiative strategies
• Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the worlds largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
For Remote Sr. Systems Engineer-Public Cloud Tooling roles, visit Remote Sr. Systems Engineer-Public Cloud Tooling Roles