QA Automation Engineer – Cloud Applications at Hearst
Location: South San Francisco
In Some Jobs You Take Orders. In This One, You Write History.
Join the healthcare information technology team that’s turning drug and medical device data into knowledge used by thousands of hospitals; the majority of U.S. health plans, retail pharmacies, and pharmacy benefit managers; and millions of healthcare decision makers throughout the world. Partnering with our information system developer and healthcare institution customers, you’ll help evolve leading-edge thinking into reality and make a measurable difference in improving human health.
We’re looking for people who are: Intelligent. Productive. Committed. Willing and able to go above and beyond. Passionate about making a difference. Innovative. Energized. And want to play an essential role in a successful company’s continued growth.
Are you ready for this exciting challenge?
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our team. As a QA Automation Engineer, you will have a foundational role is developing automated tests for our cloud application and services utilizing current IT industry standards and procedures.
You will design and implement various automated solutions. You will also check if the software meets architectural requirements, develop and automate test for software validation, ensure the high quality of the system and interact with developer and validation engineers.
• Write clean, high-quality scripts that test product functionality automatically
• Conduct various tests for systems, networks, applications, databases, software
• Log and document errors in the tracking system
• Identify specific cases that should be automated and discuss them with the testing team
• Develop the best automation solutions based on the requirements
• Establish standards and best practices
• Define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing
• Provide resource planning, management and resolution of test issues
• Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing
• Create effective manual and automated test plans
• Work with developers to ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of testing
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams (developers, product marketing managers) to find ways on how automation can improve the workflow
• Take part in brainstorms to come up with new ideas and designs that improve existing features
• Ensure all items are entered and tracked
• Work directly with team to understand project concept, objectives and approach of projects
• Record and report on testing metrics
• Participate in continuous integration and automated build troubleshooting
• Act as a consultant on quality methods, processes, and tools
Your Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development, related fields, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of software test experience
• 5+ years of experience testing multiple software projects simultaneously
• 5+ years of experience working with a structured software methodology and software test experience
• 3 years of experience with Selenium
• Experience with SQL to create data sets
• Experience with cloud application testing using Azure
• Experience writing T-SQL scripts
• Experience with Object-Oriented design, analysis and programming
• Experience with C#
• Experience with multi-layered web application testing
• Experience with REST API testing
• Familiar with continuous integration, continuous testing and continuous deployment (CI/CT/CD)
• Knowledge of using version control tools like Git
FDB is the leading provider of drug and medical device knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide, FDB enables our information system developer partners to deliver valuable, useful, and differentiated solutions. We offer more than three decades of experience in transforming medical knowledge into actionable, targeted, and effective solutions that help improve patient safety, operational efficiency, and healthcare outcomes. For a complete look at our solutions and services, please visit www.fdbhealth.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn .
We value Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Creativity. FDB was recently named as Best Places to Work in Healthcare 2021. Additionally, our offices in South San Francisco and Indianapolis have been awarded with Top Workplaces honors by The Bay Area News Group and the Indy Star, respectively, with honors awarded to our Indianapolis office starting in 2016 to 2021 (the Top Workplaces honors are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey by a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement). FDB offers competitive salaries and extensive benefits – including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, and matching 401k.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please visit EEO is the Law , EEO is the Law Supplement , Pay Transparency , and FDB EEO/AA Statement .
For Remote QA Automation Engineer – Cloud Applications roles, visit Remote QA Automation Engineer – Cloud Applications Roles