Test Automation Engineer Winter 2023 Internship (Meraki) at Cisco
Location: Los Angeles
REMOTE WINTER INTERNSHIP (JANUARY – APRIL, FULL-TIME WORK SCHEDULE, MONDAY- FRIDAY 40 HOURS PER WEEK) CISCO MERAKI BUSINESS UNIT Simplicity. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining networks easier than it has ever been before. Simplified and smarter networking means that businesses run more efficiently, and more people have reliable access to the information they need. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites. You will join a test automation team that is fully embedded within our software engineering team. We handle all types of testing projects for our cloud managed products; from nightly feature tests across the latest firmware images to performance testing of all kinds. We run large scale testing to measure how small changes could impact our performance. Our automation framework is being used across software engineering, and we continue to make it more intuitive. Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve ten of millions of people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for the newest additions to our teams who are as passionate about quality as we are. Meraki engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions. Your contributions will make direct impact to the success of our business. Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and encouraging workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed. A day in the life of Test Automation Engineering Intern: You may design a testbed from the ground up that has the ability to change topologies on the fly. You will have an in-house automation framework at your disposal as well as APIs to hook into for further automation. You will have the autonomy to craft and implement a solution as well as the knowledge and experience of team members to help you along the way. In addition to software testing, you may have a chance to work on our latest hardware appliances from an early phase of development. You will get to learn some of the cool technologies inside the box. Through testing, you will gain firsthand knowledge about the performance and be able to guide the team in improving the quality before we release the product. What does it take? You are pursuing a technical bachelors degree or have equivalent experience with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science and computer networking -OR- pursuing a educational training program and/or technical associates You are proficient in scripting languages such as Ruby or Python You are proficient in Lunix and REST API You have solid understanding of core network protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANS, etc. You have experience in performance testing You have CCNA or equivalent certification You have familiarity with UI framework such as React/Ember/Angular You have familiarity with IPv6 and routing protocols like OSPF and BGP You have worked with virtualization or container technology, such as ESXi, Xen, Docker, etc. You have used development infrastructure tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, and JIRA and/or have experience with Database solutions (e.g, InfluxDB, PostgreSQL, etc) Intern Program Overview: Meraki interns and co-ops join the team for 12 and 16 week programs, respectively, and are placed directly onto sub-teams. During the program, interns/co-ops have the opportunity to work on a small starter project, such as integration and implementation of new tools, before spending the bulk of the program on a larger project, such as building the infrastructure for a new service. Projects are multi-functional, which allow insight into new languages and technologies, help encourage professional growth within engineering, and allow a sense of ownership within the team. Meraki’s engineering teams place a high emphasis on mentorship. Each intern and co-op is matched 1:1 with a mentor who provides continual feedback and guidance throughout the duration of the program. Mentors help with introductions to other team members, overviews of tools and processes, and provide a seamless integration into Meraki life. Intern Benefits: Competitive salary Weekly social events Customized laptop and desk setups Medical coverage plans Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone. CISCO COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
For Remote Test Automation Engineer Winter 2023 Internship (Meraki) roles, visit Remote Test Automation Engineer Winter 2023 Internship (Meraki) Roles
Sr. DevOps Engineer at Conexess Group
Location: Los Angeles
Description Sr. DevOps Engineer (Must have experience w/ Windows Server Administration, Powershell, and Azure)
United States (100% Remote)
$140K – $160K/yr. target BOE (some flex) – Full-time Senior Level
Description & Requirements
Our client delivers technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
This role is under the Payments division of our client. It will focus on the production support of both on-prem and cloud-based Payments solutions. Automation of releases and environmental configuration will be focus areas for this role. This job will be entirely remote and will require minimal travel.
8am -5pm local time are the normal working hours, with after-hours work required to support releases and maintenance windows. On-call rotation is a part of this role if hired. We would prefer candidates not in the Pacific Time Zone to ensure timing and coverage for this team.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
• Act as technical leader in design and implementation of system deployment automation and configuration management tools.
• Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
• Establishes and reviews business and technical requirements and overall project plans to define or refine standards, ensure adherence to standards, and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
• Construct, improve and maintain the automated deployment pipelines.
• Build and maintain system and application snapshots for use with continuous delivery.
• Develop software in appropriate scripting languages using agile design-build-test methodologies.
• Develop unit tests alongside production code in a continuously integrated environment.
• Develop and build operating system release media.
• Adhere to team design and development standards.
• Actively participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle, including research, prototyping, detailed design, development, technical documentation, and defect fixing.
• Use appropriate tooling associated with DevOps engineering and system configuration management.
• Creates required technical documentation.
• Troubleshoot system and deployment issues when needed.
• Collaborate with the wider team on design and code reviews.
• May perform other job duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need To Have
• Minimum of six to nine years technical experience in IT Operations
• An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• Demonstrable scripting experience, such as PowerShell.
• A minimum of one year of Azure Administration experience.
• A minimum of six years of Windows Server Administration experience.
• This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What would be nice for you to have:
• Bachelor’s degree required; business, software engineering, or computer science degree preferred.
• Solid technical knowledge in automation and configuration management.
• Experience with deployments of cloud-based technologies in Azure or GCP.
• Experience with Octopus Deploy
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline
• Knowledge of network and application security, network administration, and network storage integration.
If you got this far, we hope you’re feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet motivated people who align with our mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
For Remote Sr. DevOps Engineer roles, visit Remote Sr. DevOps Engineer Roles
Cloud Engineer DevOps at Western Asset
Western Asset Management (WAM) is looking for a motivated, ambitious engineer interested in a rewarding opportunity to help move our enterprise into a hybrid cloud consumption model. Our objectives are to review and audit our current AWS platform foundation, address gaps, ensuring core enablement services are built to best practices. This will involve creating and enforcing guardrails publishing a framework with a security cost mindset. In addition, we need to create consumption pipeline that ensure overall governance is maintained and cost models constructed for the technology organization. You are expected to be hands on and demonstrate these skills.As a member the Cloud Team, you will contribute to the modernization of WAM, through a company-wide Strategy to migrate to cloud based solutions. You will work with architecture, infrastructure and application teams to help foster innovation and deliver new technology patterns across the stack while being passionate about working in a collaborative culture.
The position involves extending the existing platform and providing new capabilities to solve numerous problem domains. As an engineer on the cloud team, you will be involved in design, implementation, and support of public cloud infrastructure, processes, and core components relied upon by applications across the firm. Team members will also be challenged with tracking developments in exciting areas like containerized runtimes, service meshes, and serverless computing in order to keep the platform evolving in powerful and impactful directions.
The Expertise And Skills You Bring
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Experience with Amazons Architected Framework
• Maintain and support AWS Landing zone vending machines
• 1-2 years of experience in AWS Cloud migration; Experience building hybrid services maintaining highly resilient platforms, EC2, IAAS, CAAS and Serverless workloads
• Experience in software development with Python, NodeJS, .NET or Java with a focus on SDLC and Jenkins Pipeline automation operating and support as a service
• Experience a plus working Linux, VMware, EKS, Kafka, AWS, Terraform, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven
• Desire to own and operating cloud enablement services working to enable the business and technology organizations to consume and operate cloud native services
• Developing frameworks that allow that prepare the organization for cloud adoption
• Discipline in service ownership building roadmaps leverage confluence collaboration tools
• At least 5 years’ experience working with public cloud providers (AWS) (Azure)
• Ability to write automation scripts and web services (Python, Go)
• Experience with infrastructure-as-code frameworks (e.g. Terraform, PowerShell)
• Hands-on experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure)
• Experience with configuration management tooling and dependencies
• Familiarity with microservices architecture and distributed systems
• Experience working with git source control and CI/CD systems
• Experience with both Linux and Windows OS
• Preferred – experience with Consul, Vault, and Terraform Enterprise
• Preferred – experience with containers and orchestration platforms (Kubernetes)
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Previous experience creating automated monitoring checks for internal and external/public resources.
For Remote Cloud Engineer DevOps roles, visit Remote Cloud Engineer DevOps Roles
Senior DevOps Engineer at Jobot
Location: Los Angeles
Sr DevOps Engineer – Remote – Year Long Contract – $$$
This Jobot Job is hosted by Michael Stiehl
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply” button and sending us your resume.
Salary $130,000 – $170,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are a dynamic and leading SaaS platform in the financial and supply chain world. We have been recognized as a global leader in our risk management applications. We are headquartered in beautiful San Diego, CA yet this is a 100% remote role.
Why join us?
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing We have amazing benefits and tons of room for professional growth.
• Comprehensive benefit package
• Medical, dental, vision, disability insurance
• Room for professional growth
• Gorgeous facility
• Friendly team
• You’ll love the work environment
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Architect infrastructure in both AWS and DataCenter.
• Own and drive projects development to delivery.
• Manage and be responsible for AWS, DataCenter, Windows and Linux systems up time and performance.
• Manage and maintain Active Directory, Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Ansible, JFrog Artifactory.
• Work closely with software engineers and tech leadership to drive projects.
• Build and run production environments in AWS using Infrastructure as code methods.
• Orchestrate environment development using Kubernetes, Terraform and/or Cloud Formation.
• Build & Deploy CI pipeline automation to a combination of Kubernetes/Docker and VM based systems in both VMWare and AWS.
• Work closely with System Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and System Administrators to meet their environment setup and service automation needs.
• Develop a process to make DevOps a part of the engineering development, service deployment and operations lifecycle.
• System monitoring & analytics.
Education, Experience And Skills
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Expert in system build configuration automation.
• 5+ years of experience in Linux.
• 5+ years of experience building and maintaining a SaaS platform.
• 4+ years working experience with AWS VPC, EC2, RDS, Cloudformation.
• 2+ years of experience using terraform.
• Experience with docker and docker orchestration.
• Experience with project management tools (Jira, Confluence).
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field.
• Must be passionate about automation.
• Chef experience.
• Experience with project management and tracking.
• Professional experience in software engineering. Need to know software data structures and design patterns.
• Mastered scripting skills in one of Ruby/Bash/Python.
• Build and release automation tools Jenkins, GIT, Kubernetes.
• Production system integration, log collection and analysis, build and performance monitoring/tuning.
• Design and implement availability, security and performance monitoring.
• Open to fully remote. Must be willing to come onsite bi-monthly.
So if you’re a Senior DevOps Engineer ready for an awesome opportunity send your resume today
Remote Azure DevOps Engineer. Job in Los Angeles FOX8 Jobs at LaSalle Network
Location: Los Angeles
LaSalle Network is currently partnering with a leading software firm to help them grow their DevOps team with a Remote Azure DevOps Engineer. This team provides superior customer service to progress their goal towards automation across the organization. This Remote Azure DevOps Engineer position is a 100% remote position in Chicago, IL and this is a full time (direct hire) opportunity.
Remote Azure DevOps Engineer Responsibilities
• Strong automation and infrastructure skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with multiple disciplines
• Solid foundation in either IT or Software Engineering
• Strong understanding of CI/CD
• Azure DevOps or Jenkins
• Exposure to Azure, AWS, or GC. Azure preferred
Remote Azure DevOps Engineer Requirements
• Cloud-based networking (VNets, App gateways, etc)
• System or Network Engineering
• Monitoring (New Relic, LogEntries, Rapid7, etc)
• PaaS (WebApps, Azure SQL, etc)
• Git, Jenkins, Octopus, ARM, Ansible, Azure CLI or similar.
• Big Data Operational Experience: Kafka, Zookeeper, HIVE and Hadoop
• Operational Experience: LAMP Stack
If you have the experience listed above, possess a great attitude, and are looking for a long-term opportunity with a stable and established employer, this is the role for you! If you are interested in learning more about this Remote Azure DevOps Engineer role, please apply today!
Project Manager, Technology Services
Keywords and Related Terms: DevOps, DevOps Engineer, Azure
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.
For Remote Remote Azure DevOps Engineer. Job in Los Angeles FOX8 Jobs roles, visit Remote Remote Azure DevOps Engineer. Job in Los Angeles FOX8 Jobs Roles