Principal DevOps Engineer – Remote (R-12351) at Dun & Bradstreet
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is seeking an Senior SRE (Developer Experience) to help advocate our internal developer enablement platform, and we’re excited about it! In this role, you will be presented with a rare opportunity to build upon a greenfield platform that will be a game-changer for Dun & Bradstreet.
We see the enormous value and potential in self-service automation to accelerate developer velocity safely, securely and happily by building world class software delivery capabilities for GCP. Become part of the story at this 180-year-old company of how we built a hybrid technology platform that spanned multiple cloud platforms across many products around the world.
What You’ll Do:
• Work across Platform Engineering teams to ensure a seamless integration of the enablement services in our internal developer cloud platforms to provide capabilities to D&B’s development and product aligned engineering teams to meet the needs of the business.
• Plan, implement, and release changes using zero-downtime techniques.
• Identify and implement continuous improvements to reduce mean time of delivery, antifragile design.
• Implement repeatable CI/CD pipelines to build the cloud platform, end user applications, machine images and containers.
• Document, advocate and formalize patterns for resilience, availability, security, monitoring and alerting.
• Directly collaborate with application teams and product stakeholders to understand business requirements, help drive alignment and build thoughtful solutions throughout your team.
• Be involved in the development of scalable, distributed software systems, and work on other projects that require research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
• Participate in the architecture review process and pull request-based code and document reviews to help steer developers towards. platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform.
Requirements (MUST HAVES):
• Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience programming in python/golang/etc. A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, test driven development and design principles.
• Must have 5+ years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry standard developer and enterprise products such as or similar to GitHub, Terraform, Artifactory, Vault, Jira, Splunk, New Relic, Jenkins.
• Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with concepts pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker and running service mesh and api gateways.
• Prior experience developing, shipping and managing production cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS/GCP).
• Good understanding of Unix/Linux networking and operating system.
• Appreciation of security, cloud networking and SDLC related technologies, e.g. PKI, TLS, DNS, Secrets Management, Ci/CD, RBAC, Remote Access, SSO/OAUTH and DevSecOps code scanning.
• Highly-collaborate team player who can build strong relationships a all levels of the technology and business organizations.
• Proactive, takes ownership, follows through, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal.
• Ability to thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, learning new skills to implement new technologies.
Preferences (NICE TO HAVE):
• Direct experience in GCP and AWS is preferable.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field is preferred.
What We Offer:
• Generous paid time off, increasing with tenure
• 100% paid parental leave after one year
• Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members
• Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching
• Education assistance and extensive training resources
• Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching
• Health & wellness benefits, including a Gympass membership
• Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, your partner & dependents
FOR US APPLICANTS – Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to acquisitiont@. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
For Remote Principal DevOps Engineer – Remote (R-12351) roles, visit Remote Principal DevOps Engineer – Remote (R-12351) Roles
Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Engineer at Schlumberger
Cloud Infrastructure Dev Ops Engineer
• * Houston – United States
• Job Title:
• * ** Cloud Infrastructure Dev Ops Engineer
• * ** Houston, Texas (or equivalent time zone)
• Job Description
• * The Schlumberger Dev Ops Engineer. The position reports to the software project manager.
• * Responsibilities**+ Participates in Agile software development and Dev Sec Ops + Implements reusable infrastructure as code+ Works with vison owners, stakeholders, software community and team to design and implement shared cloud infrastructure+ Provides guidance to community for adoption and extension of reusable infrastructure+ Thought leader for patterns and practices to support the successful deployment and operation of cloud software systems+ Evaluates and integrates infrastructure tools+ Writes documentation and samples targeted for the software community+ Develops APIs and systems to facilitate the automated deployment of complex cloud systems
• * Background**+ Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related with minimum 5 years working experience
• * Skills and knowledge**+ Deploying and operating complex software systems on at least one major cloud platform+ Kubernetes container orchestration – at least two years of experience+ Deployment infrastructure tooling, or similar, e.g. Terraform, Helm, Linux etc.+ Observability tooling such as Prometheus, Grafana, Thanos, Loki, Kiali etc.+ Istio, Envoy or other service meshes+ Scripting languages used for programming infrastructure e.g. python, bash etc.
– about 1 year of experience.+ Markup languages such as YAML and JSON+ Building scalable and fault-tolerant systems+ CI/CD using Azure
ADO, Understanding/experience with Git Ops+
Experience with one d environments, e.g. Azure, AWS, Google, etc.+ Hashicorp Vault, cloud-native KMSes, or other secrets management tools+ Networking/network security+ Test automation and experience with test driven software development+
Experience with working in agile environment
• * Nice to have**+ Knowledge of cloud security best practices+ Knowledge of security principles (Oauth2, JWT, OpenAPI)+ Software reliability experience+ Open Shift Container Platform infrastructure+ Oil and gas industry experience
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
For Remote Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud Infrastructure DevOps Engineer Roles
Senior DevOps Engineer at Ness Digital Engineering
Ness is a full lifecycle digital engineering firm offering digital advisory through scaled engineering services. Combining our core competence in engineering with the latest in digital strategy and technology, we seamlessly manage Digital Transformation journeys from strategy through execution to help businesses thrive in the digital economy. As your tech partner, we help engineer your company’s future with cloud and data. For more information, visit
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:-
• Continuously improve the processes and the DevOps team using thoughtful, calculated approaches to identify opportunities, and challenge those around you to strive for perfection.
• Ideate solutions to complex technical challenges; code, test, troubleshoot, debug, and document the solutions you develop.
• Use agile software development model to produce well-designed programs, scripts, and tools required to provision, configure, and monitor deployed applications and infrastructure.
• Produce and execute test strategies, plans, and cases that cover all aspects of application and infrastructure deployment quality.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:-
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate across teams to deliver shared goals.
• 12-15+ years of relevant work experience (Hands-on DevOps development).
• A deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) especially version control, deployment and production portions.
• Fluent in event-driven design and workflow automation principals.
• Knowledgeable about industry best practices regarding deployment patterns and architecture principles.
• Experience with continuous deployment tools, techniques, and automation frameworks – especially Terraform Enterprise and Ansible.
• Hands-on experience writing testable scripts using Python or other languages.
• Experience managing helm charts and deploying into Kubernetes (k8s).
• Proficient in the following types of testing: unit, integration, system, functional, non-functional, regression, performance, security, and acceptance.
• Experience writing Terraform to maintain complex multi-service environments.
• Experience writing (not merely maintaining/operating) pipelines in Jenkins.
• Experience configuring and maintaining large Kubernetes environments using Helm charts.
• AWS cloud experience.
• Work experience in the capital markets industry.
• Hands-on experience implementing gitops.
• Hands-on experience with Harness.io for CD.
• Expertise with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Elastic (ELK) Splunk, LogicMonitor, SignalFX, and Prometheus.
• Worked on projects involving deployment and management of micro services, and hybrid cloud/on-prem infrastructure.
• Intermediate working knowledge of development tools like Maven/Gradle, Java, and distributed message brokers like Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
• Ness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
For Remote Senior DevOps Engineer roles, visit Remote Senior DevOps Engineer Roles