Lead Automation Engineer, Cloud at rga
Supports the global design, implementation and maintenance of high availability infrastructure for large multi-farm collaboration frameworks and data systems to ensure reliability of business critical applications in the areas of collaboration, document and content management, enterprise search, and business workflow. Provides guidance and expertise to management on topics surrounding strategy and best practices.
• Provides timely administration and support for multiple framework and data systems.
• Design, implement, automate and maintain framework and data systems.
• Provides various services including addressing service tickets, providing after hours production support, performance tuning, triaging and resolving application outages, and performs life cycle management for supported hosting environments and systems.
• Evaluates third-party administration and development tools by working closely with vendors
• Identifies administration project tasks and dimensions time and human resources to complete tasks. Sizes total cost of ownership for framework and data system rollouts by identifying long-term corporate commitments.
• Develops and documents processes, procedures and best practices.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in programming/systems analysis
• Familiarity with container based hosting platforms (Docker)
• Familiarity with multiple Scripting languages and automation platforms
• Familiarity with DevOps concepts
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain automation for core job function utilizing but not limited to Jenkins pipeline and Ansible
• Advanced skill in Scripting languages including but not limited to Bash, Python, PowerShell
• Advanced skills in platform administration tasks including installation, patching, clustering, log-shipping, and tuning.
• Demonstrated knowledge of application and data security best practices
• Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
• Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
• Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Advanced ability to set goals and balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
• Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
• Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
• Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
• Advanced negotiating and persuasion skills
• Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
• General business knowledge
For Remote Lead Automation Engineer, Cloud roles, visit Remote Lead Automation Engineer, Cloud Roles
CI/CD Automation Engineer at BroadBean
Solidus is searching for a CI/CD Automation Engineer to to support the Air Operations Center (AOC) Services program. The Engineer will be responsible for improving and managing the productivity of technology processes by creating automated workflows to replace the manual ones.
• Work to automate design patterns and configuration management through full lifecycle
• Conduct a system analysis and technology to assess and recommend areas of improvement
• Proactively work with development teams and operation teams to build robust solutions for issues across the organization
• Utilize best practices for Continuous Integration and Continuous Test to agile development teams
• Assist engineering teams to debug and/or maintain automation processes and tools
• Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build and package management, and deployment scripts
• Cloud based technologies and tools in configuration management such as Ansible deployment monitoring and operation
• U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance and/or Top Secret Clearance
• DevOps Continuous Delivery and related tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Puppet, SVN, TFS, Maven, Gradle and Udeplo)
• Script languages including Python, Ruby, JScript, VBscript, cloud infrastructure and containerization technologies and management platforms such as Docker, CoreOS or Kubernetes
• Lead in the resolution of CI/CD complex issues i.e. provide third level support on automation issues
• Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
• Agile delivery environment
• Hands on software engineer so you understand the core principles of the engineering work
• Strong analytical skills, supporting customer problems and communication
• Interest in speaking presenting at tech conferences
• Communication and organization in large distributed teams
• Active US DoD Security Clearance granted within the last 5 years
• Graduate-level degree in Engineering or a related technical or business field
• Experience working in Combined Air Operations Center (CAOC) and general understanding of CAOC processes and procedures in support of execution of the Air Tasking Order (ATO) and Airspace Control Order (ACO).
Req ID: 4443
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company’s EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Please Note: Solidus does not accept applications from agencies, 3rd party vendors, or applications with incomplete information.
For Remote CI/CD Automation Engineer roles, visit Remote CI/CD Automation Engineer Roles
Principal AWS Cloud Engineer – Remote at Endurance
At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams . Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
Our company is growing rapidly and as such, our Technical Operations team is growing too! We have an immediate position available for a Principal AWS Infrastructure Engineer who has deep knowledge of the Cloud and a passion for automation, and reliability at scale.
The Systems Operations team is part of the Technical Operations organization that supports our highly scalable Software as a Service platform. This individual will help drive team projects, develop code for automation, and participate in technical research and development. The ideal candidate will focus on architectural design, standardization, and continuous improvement.
This role can be fully remote or split your time between your home office and our headquarters in Waltham, MA, or our brand new office space in Boston, MA. Whatever you need to be successful.
What you’ll do:
• Maintain and develop our AWS infrastructure
• Thrive within a large scale computing hybrid environments (mix of physical and cloud infrastructure)
• Help drive architectural design decisions and provide input to other teams
• Ability to train others on technical and procedural topics/conduct knowledge sharing sessions
• Design and maintain virtualized and containerized environments (Openshift, EKS, Openstack, KVM, etc.)
• Work with automated configuration management and orchestration ( Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Argo CD)
• Participate in an on-call rotation with other team members
• Ability to troubleshoot/produce quick fixes, as well as formulate long term viable solutions to problems.
• Build automation tooling and building reliable highly available solutions
Who you are:
• 8+ years of solid senior level systems administration/engineering
• Deep knowledge of building and supporting a Kubernetes/Container platform (Openshift/OKD or EKS Preferred)
• Advanced working knowledge of AWS technologies such as EKS, CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, S3, SQS, and ElasticSearch
• Experience building Amazon Machine Images
• Ability to work with Ansible at a large scale
• Advanced working knowledge of the Linux Operating System
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Experience training others on technical and procedural topics/conduct knowledge sharing sessions
• Programming and Scripting experience (Shell Scripting, Python, GO, Ruby)
• Deep understanding of best practices for server level management and security
• Experience with CIS Benchmark Standards
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
• Preferred experience working with PCI/SOX/SOC2 systems and environments
• Ability to communicate effectively, train peers, and interact professionally with other Engineering/Support teams
• Extensive knowledge of system, service, and performance monitoring systems including CloudWatch, New Relic, Splunk and Prometheus
For Remote Principal AWS Cloud Engineer – Remote roles, visit Remote Principal AWS Cloud Engineer – Remote Roles
Senior Software Engineer- Devops at Fidelity Investments
Asset Management’s FIAM business unit is a distribution/client service organization dedicated to the institutional marketplace. This is one of the largest organizations serving the U.S. institutional marketplace with more than $350 billion in assets under administration and over 650 institutional customers. We serve as a gateway to Fidelity’s broad and deep institutional investment management capabilities.
You will be part of a tremendously hardworking and diverse team responsible for building and maintaining multiple environments. You will be part of a team that has a passion for technology tempered by a level-headed approach to problem solving, and experience with build and deployment software.
This position requires excellent communication skills, ability to work across a culturally diverse teams. This is an exciting and challenging position for anyone who can think beyond the obvious. This role requires strong analytical thinking skills, besides an appetite for innovation and development of solutions. This role will always provide opportunities to take ownership of development and deployment process and ensure stability.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
• 5 or more years of experience in a DevOps/Engineering role.
• Experience with performing version control and continuous integration of build, deploy, and test, using tools like Jenkins, Stash and uDeploy
• Experience in building pipelines for CI and CD
• Experience with AWS Cloud DevOps services such as IAM, VPC, ECS, Lambda, RDS, CloudFormation
• Experience with Linux command/system management
• Experience with automated application build and support using Maven/Ant or other tools
• Experience with configuration management and infrastructure management systems like Docker, CloudFormation, EKS.
• Experience with supervising systems such as CloudWatch, Datadog/Splunk, ELK stack
• Experience supporting advanced Disaster Recovery and High Availability strategies
• Experience working in a rotational support model
• Have a basic understanding of databases, SQL and NOSQL (MongoDB/CouchDB/DynamoDB), maintaining PostgreSQL cluster
• Experience working in a high paced, dynamic, and culturally diverse environment
• Experience with Agile development and management
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Troubleshoot and debug build/deployment Issues both on-prem and on cloud, with a willingness to resolve problems
• Strong grasp of Unix-based operating processing systems (Linux).
• Security experience, particularly in the cloud is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of application health telemetry and collection of operational metrics for SLA reporting and capacity planning
• Thrive in a fast-paced, results driven environment.
• Bachelors degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
The Value You Deliver
• Working with Asset Management Technology Architecture and cloud enablement groups and Enterprise Cloud Computing and Security teams to advance cloud foundation, enablement, on-boarding, and acceleration programs
• Seek out opportunities to develop and improve existing automation processes to drive engineering efficiency
• Collaborate with peers and the leadership teams on process improvement ideas, policy and procedure enhancements and opportunities to improve the customer service experience
For Remote Senior Software Engineer- Devops roles, visit Remote Senior Software Engineer- Devops Roles