Cloud DevOps Engineer at PMCS Services Inc
We are looking for a Full-time contractor or employee for a Cloud DevOps Engineer role.
Mythics is seeking a Principal DevOps Engineer to work in our Cloud Center of Excellence group developing cloud products and services. These solutions are core to our business and delivery activities. This is a fast-paced and intricate role using DevOps processes with CI/CD and automation. As a senior member of the Cloud Center of Excellence team, you will mentor junior developers supporting a variety of projects developing software products and services related to hybrid and multi-cloud operations using cloud-native application development principles. You will build tools to use AI/ML and time series techniques to derive novel insights with real-world customer problems and data-driven AIOps. The solutions developed will contribute directly to the digital transformation of our customer base with products and tools built using open-source projects.
• Build software to automate several internal business processes and customer projects
• Mentor junior team members and set up new development tools and infrastructure for working in a distributed environment
• Create ways to automate and improve development and release processes
• Research and implement automation in business processes to achieve efficiency
• Leverage cloud APIs and integrate them with our internal process and other third-party tools via APIs
• Participate in engineering design analysis, identification, and recommendation of solutions
• Drive two-week development sprints and manage the demos for the team and internal stakeholders
• Work with internal stakeholders to improve processes, team culture, and operating efficiency across the enterprise
• Work with project managers to ensure proper project execution activities (based on client needs, ISO process, best practices, Jira tasks)
• Lead and manage a team of interns and Co-Op students working on DevOps-related automation projects
• Must be authorized to work in the US
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 10-12 years industry experience and/or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 10 years of solid development experience (master’s degree, school project and co-ops count towards this)
• 4-6 years of experience with DevOps tools, Cloud (AWS or any other) and automation engineering experience in a mission-critical environment
• 5 years of development experience with multiple Linux distros (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS etc.)
• Experience working with tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Travis CI, Git, Bamboo, Splunk, OpsGenie, DataDog, NewRelic, Nagios, etc.
• Node, Go, Java is highly desirable.
• Must have experience building and deploying Docker and Kubernetes (AWS EKS, GKE, OpenShift).
• Experience working with YAML/JSON/GraphQL
• Experience with automated configuration and deployment with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) frameworks: Terraform, Ansible, Puppet.
• Familiarity and working knowledge of Cloud Networking (VPC, Load Balancers, NAT, VPN, SD-WAN, Direct Connect, Traffic Shaping, Network Virtualization and DNS)
• Knowledge of AI/ML, Deep learning algos
• Experience working in Agile, Scrum and DevOps work environments
• Full stack development experience on Linux and opensource technologies
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, Algorithms, data structures and systems and applications programming
• Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and work on multiple projects at the same time
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to analyze and fix problems quickly
• Ability to review code and figure out how it works and how to improve
For Remote Cloud DevOps Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud DevOps Engineer Roles