Strategic Cloud Engineer, Backend at Google
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Addison, TX, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience with relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, Db2, etc.)
• Ability to speak and write in English fluently
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical related field
• Experience with web application development, Unix/Linux environments, Cloud native application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, and/or networking
• Experience working with Java back-end development (e.g., Spring, gRPC, REST API, etc.)
About The Job
Google’s professional services engineers develop the next-generation of technologies that change how legacy monolithic applications are transformed, validated, and deployed. Our products and services need to accelerate the Cloud Journey in a quantum speed and accuracy. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
Additional Information (Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $122,000 – $131,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
• Develop technologies to accelerate the Cloud journey from legacy monolithic applications and bring new ideas from all areas, including testing and validation automation, while maintaining the production availability, conversion automation, distributed computing, and large-scale system design.
• Be versatile and enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
• Collaborate across organizational boundaries including partners, build relationships, and collaborate ideas to achieve organizational goals.
• Work with Google Cloud Platform strategic partners to accelerate delivery. Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software. Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .
For Remote Strategic Cloud Engineer, Backend roles, visit Remote Strategic Cloud Engineer, Backend Roles