Principal Cloud Platform Engineer at Dotdash
Location: New York
About Your Role
Dotdash Meredith serves trillions of web requests a month. The Digital Operations team makes sure that can happen quickly and reliably. As a Principal Cloud Platform Engineer, it will be up to you to develop, monitor, and tune the platform necessary to keep some of the largest and most popular informational websites in the world running. The heart of the platform is powered by a multi-provider and multi-region Kubernetes environment we are excited to continue to evolve.
About Your Contributions
• Work collaboratively with other bright team members across many different departments to deploy and support a vast array of open source solutions.
• Provide expert advice and brilliant ideas for frequent infrastructure design decisions.
• Manage and tune cloud-hosted Linux clusters and applications, enhance security, and engineer monitoring solutions to ensure many 9’s of uptime and lightning fast performance.
• Craft beautiful, simple, and rock solid Unix systems that keep your nights and weekends free from work and your work hours free to engage in the interesting and fun stuff.
• BS in Computer Science (or relevant experience/Github history)
• Sharp and meticulous Unix admin with deep experience or passion for internet dev and web hosting
• Strong skills with container orchestrators such as Kubernetes
• Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible
• Advanced cloud engineering capabilities on AWS or GCP
• Queue management skills (Kafka is preferred)
• Monitoring experience (eg. Sensu, Prometheus) and the ability to troubleshoot application and network issues.
• Familiarity with interpreted or compiled languages and hosting in production (e.g. JVM tuning)
• Must be available to participate in on-call rotation and some off-hours work.
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash Meredith. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash Meredith recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a [email protected] account belonging to a Dotdash Meredith Recruiter. If you are in conversations about a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to [email protected].
For Remote Principal Cloud Platform Engineer roles, visit Remote Principal Cloud Platform Engineer Roles
Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at CLEAR (clearme.com)
Location: New York
Founded in 2010, CLEAR’s mission is to create frictionless experiences. With more than 12+ million members and hundreds of partners across the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you – making everyday experiences easier, more secure, and more seamless. Since day one, CLEAR has been committed to privacy done right.
We are seeking a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to accelerate building and scaling our innovative systems that support our growing identity platform. In this role, you will build a fully automated infrastructure by leveraging cutting-edge technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform. The ideal candidate for this role approaches the job with systems engineering discipline, obtains and analyzes data to identify trouble spots and optimization opportunities, and applies software development practices to improve the reliability of CLEAR’s platform and services. To succeed in this role you need to be passionate about making constant incremental improvements to systems, laser focused on availability and performance, and driven to automate all the things.
What You Will Do
• Design, build, and evolve our production cloud infrastructure, strategically employing automation, and infrastructure-as-code (IaC)
• Use depth of cloud experience to put together elegant designs that the team will enjoy supporting
• Expertise in incident and problem management including timely problem identification, successful resolution, and root-cause analysis
• Design, build and evolve our code pipelines, designing and building automation in order to enable agile software development, implementing self-service where possible
• Partner with application development teams and Integrated Operations Center (IOC) to improve efficiency and effectiveness of our monitoring and alerting platform
• Embed and work cross-functionally with Security and Engineering teams
• Exercise and promote security best practices throughout your workflow
Who You Are
• You have 5+ years of experience working with and troubleshooting Linux operating systems
• Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
• You are passionate about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes
• You have experience supporting high traffic and public facing websites, applications, and services
• You have heavily utilized scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python or Ruby) in your toolkit
• You possess exceptional communication skills – written and verbal and are able to communicate cross functionally with both technical and non technical audiences
• You love problem solving and thrive in environments of both high collaboration and strong autonomy
• Strong working knowledge of AWS services and and tooling, or another public Cloud
• Strong expertise in monitoring tools (AppDynamics/App Insights/Sumo Logic/etc.)
• Strong experience with containers and container orchestration (Kuberenetes,Fargate, EKS,OpenShift)
For Remote Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer roles, visit Remote Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Roles
Network Engineer / Administrator at NAPCO Security Technologies
• Company: NAPCO Security Technologies, Inc.
• Location: Amityville, NY
• The Company: NAPCO Security Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Amityville, Long Island NY, is a world-wide leader in the manufacturing of electronic security systems for over 45 years is seeking an experienced Network Engineer/Administrator to join our team focusing on Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and On-premises systems.
• The appropriate candidate will have a solid understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud architecture and products and strong customer facing skills to clearly articulate proposed solutions to our C-Level and customers.
• The position reports directly to the Vice President of IT.
• Systems Administration – Install, configure, patch, backup/restore all applications and operating systems included in the Azure environment.
• Significant coordination with the application and development teams and end-users to ensure appropriate support and availability.
• Support on-premises and IaaS and data migrations and PaaS modernizations.
• Serve as a technical leader and mentor.
• Design, implement and troubleshoot system architecture designs in support of business productivity and service innovation.
• Lead the customization and integration efforts of solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure.
• Develop requirements for each project by meeting with technical and business teams.
• Providing pre-sales technical assistance, demonstrations, and product education to the Sales Team, customers, or prospects.
• Lead technical proposal efforts, level of effort, and time estimates.
• Document and communicate solution functions and benefits to the customer, identify and recommend additional solution components, product customizations, enhancements, and/or workarounds to meet customer requirements.
• IaaS (Networking, Storage, Compute), PaaS (App Service Environment, Azure SQL)
• Cloud Native (Functions, Containers/AKS) and security considerations
• Azure Monitor, Azure Security Center, Sentinel, Defender
• Experience in designing and implementing solutions that incorporate many of the following technologies:Operating Systems, Microsoft Windows, Red-hat Linux
• Next Gen and Web Application Firewalls
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Understanding of Azure ExpressRoute
• Understanding of LAN and WAN high-level networking
• HA & DR solutions
• A strong understanding of the challenges faced when migrating IT Services.
• Demonstrated overall Technical Sales and Implementation sales experience.
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze customer-provided data.
• Comfortable working with estimating, costing, and working with Finance and Sales Leads on pricing models.
• Structured and considered approach to written and oral communication.
• Able to communicate potentially complex solutions to less technical people.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Products, Services, and Platforms.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MCA Azure Administrator
• MCE Azure Solutions Architect (Preferred)
For Remote Network Engineer / Administrator roles, visit Remote Network Engineer / Administrator Roles
OCE/CRM Admin at eTeam Inc.
Location: Jersey City
• Responsible for monitoring the Commercial Analytics inbox and ensure all requests have a timely follow up and resolutions
• ct as CRM manager for Client.com platform. Includes gathering requirements for change, testing, promoting field adoption of platform, training for new hires, and other duties as needed
• Be level two escalation point for any Client.com question from support hum
• Design and develop sales reporting tools for field.
• Prepare, validate, and distribute ad hoc reports and analysis as requested by management.
• ble to work with field Territory Mangers, Regional Directors, Area Business Directors in response to reporting questions, current rep sales status, etc.
• Work with Sales Management on territory alignment. Support new territory alignment and mapping initiatives.
• Monitor and update field sales reports ensure reporting is accurate and reports functional