Infrastructure/Cloud administrator at Satwic Inc
Location: Los Angeles
Required Skill Sets/Qualifications
1) Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in Computer Science,
Information Systems, or a major in a closely related field.
2) Experienced with VMware, Active Directory structure, MS Servers. VMWare and MS
Certification(s) are a plus.
3) Experienced with AWS administration and migration. AWS certified SysOps Administrator is
required. Other AWS Certification(s) are a plus.
4) Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
5) Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
6) Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at SADA
Location: Los Angeles
Join SADA as a Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer!
As a Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at SADA, you will work collaboratively to deliver high quality infrastructure projects on Google Cloud Platform for our cloud and hybrid-cloud customers. You will have an opportunity to work on real-world problems facing our customers in the field. Engagements vary from being purely consultative to requiring heavy hands-on work, and cover a range of domain areas, such as workload migrations from on-prem or other clouds to GCP, standing up experimental infrastructures on GCP, building hybrid-cloud solutions on top of Kubernetes and Anthos, and developing fully automated CI/CD pipelines. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to provide thought leadership, delivering best practice recommendations internally and externally.
You possess a diverse background in areas such as architecture design, distributed systems, infrastructure migration, and deployment strategies. To be successful, one must know how to navigate ambiguity, have extensive experience working with cloud technologies, have technical depth, and enjoy working with customers.
In this role, you will:
• Be expected to tackle all technical challenges on whole projects and to mentor less experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineers. You should be able to work independently, but should be a major participant in team reviews.
• Be recognized as having technical mastery within the practice with an established reputation with Google and our customers.
• Have demonstrable experience with public facing activities such as blogs, presentations, webinars, and OSS contributions.
• Ensure the best architecture and engineering approach is applied. You will be expected to repeatedly deliver complex projects, and will be the owner of the complete customer outcome, including complex technical components of the engagement.
• Participate in early-stage opportunity qualification calls, as well as lead client-facing technical discussions for established projects.
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of every project our engineering teams take on. Our singular goal is to provide customers with the best possible experience in migrating, building, modernizing, and operationalizing their systems in Google Cloud Platform.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a dynamic practice with vision and passion. You will be measured quarterly by the breadth, magnitude, and quality of your contributions, your ability to estimate accurately, customer feedback at the close of projects, how well you collaborate with your peers, and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the engineering or management growth tracks.
Required Travel: 10% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events. Customer Facing : You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touch points occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Onboarding/Training – The first several weeks of onboarding are dedicated to learning and will encompass learning materials/assignments and compliance training, as well as meetings with relevant individuals. Details of the timeline are shared closer to the start date.
• Google Cloud Architect Certified or able to complete within the first 45 days of employment.
• A secondary Google Cloud certification in any other specialization.
• Expert or Professional level certifications in either or both AWS and Azure.
• Technical mastery of networking, VPNs, compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers, etc), and architecting/developing/maintaining production-grade systems in virtualized environments.
• Applied experience migrating complex, multi-tiered workloads from on-prem to the cloud, including provisioning the target infrastructure and executing cutover plans that minimize system downtime.
• Applied experience delivering immutable infrastructure-as-code solutions using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Packer.
• Applied experience delivering continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, utilizing techniques like blue/green and canary deployments, with tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, and Spinnaker.
• Working knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning, and performance tuning.
• Experience writing software in one or more languages such as Go and Python
• Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and the ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
• Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers.
• Experience working with containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
• Experience being an administrator on a variety of Linux distributions.
• Experience with information security practices and procedures
• Strong working knowledge of VMware, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, or other virtualization software
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
• Make Them Rave
• Be Data Driven
• Think One Step Ahead
• Drive Purposeful Impact
• Do The Right Thing
Work with the best : SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year . SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine , as well as LA Business Journal !
Benefits : Unlimited PTO , Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.
For Remote Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer roles, visit Remote Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Roles
System Admin at Career Movement
Location: Los Angeles
• System Admin Career Movement – Los Angeles, CA Large E-Commerce company in LA that is exponentially growing.
• They’re looking for a Sr. System Admin to join their company.
• Support corporate staff
• Assist with patching for endpoints and servers
• Manage licensing, retention, and security (Google)
• Help with escalated tickets
• Experience in system admin and helpdesk.
• Experience with Google Workspace, Mac (OS & iOS)
• Experience with SAML/SSO solutions (Okta, OneLogin, etc)
• Experience with virtualization (VMware)
• Experience with scripting (Bash, Python, etc)
• SaaS app/company experience
• IT Operation tools: (JAMF, Netskope, Jira, etc)Salary: Up to 140K DOE and Interview Performance.
For Remote System Admin roles, visit Remote System Admin Roles
Senior Azure Cloud Engineer at Capgemini Government Solutions
Location: Los Angeles
Capgemini Government Solutions (CGS) LLC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Azure Cloud Engineer to join our team to support our government clients.
In this role requires the candidate to be local to the DC Metro Area.
The successful applicant needs to have extensive working knowledge implementing, migrating and managing operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment.
This applicant will have subject matter expertise with Azure including a deep knowledge of cloud technologies and have the ability to align technology solutions to specific business objectives.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to apply and grow their skillset, work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders and build CGS capabilities by serving our clients.
As a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer, you will:
• Support Federal Government clients in their cloud operations to enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technical landscape.
• Interview clients to understand their application and infrastructure current state.
• Lead client working sessions to identify, categorize, prioritize and analyze data and information to work into cloud migration action plans.
• Work with the larger project teams to migrate legacy applications to their cloud platform.
• Manage cloud infrastructure from the portal, PowerShell, or by using the CLI.
• Utilize automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or similar.
• Assist with upgrading, installing, configuring and monitoring solutions in Azure for both Windows and Linux servers.
• Maintain gold images and scripts.
• Responsible for mentoring Junior Cloud Engineers on procedural and professional duties.
• US Citizenship is required.
• Eligibility to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance (Secret or Top Secret).
• BS/BA degree plus 8 years of experience.
In lieu of a degree, 11 or more years of relevant experience may suffice.
• Hands-on experience with Azure (must have used the portal or used CLI, and API s).
• Experience actively implementing cloud solutions and using Azure services.
• Experience administering Windows and Linux servers.
• High proficiency in written and oral communication for the conveyance of cloud solution work products.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Nice to have skills/Qualifications
• Azure Administrator Associate Certification
• CompTIA Cloud
• DevOps and/or Micro-services experience with at least one technology including Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Containers, etc.
• Computer Science, or Engineering degree
• Previous Federal Government experience
• Previous Army experience
• DoD Secret/TS Clearance
• Experience with FedRamp environments
A global leader in consulting, technology services, and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client s opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms.
Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through various services from strategy to operations.
Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people.
It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries.
The Group reported 2020 global revenues of EUR 15.
Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high-quality services to the U.
Learn more about us at www.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values:
Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun.
We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lead, Cloud Engineer at Smart Energy Water
We offer a rewarding environment for professional development and success and we are looking for skilled and innovative individuals to help us shape the future. Lead the development and maintenance of the company’s cloud systems and network infrastructure. Gather and analyze requirements for systems architecture and develop high-quality cloud network infrastructure using public cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, IBM Softlayer, Rackspace, and Vcloud Air.
Design and configure perimeter security for data centers, POPs, remote sites, and cloud connectivity while ensuring a high degree of performance and service availability for the company. Design, install, and administer virtual machines (VM) and VM architecture to support the company’s cloud implementations. Oversee the configuration of routers, switches, and firewalls for VLAN routing, VPN tunnel setup, and SFTP configuration as well as the configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting of IP networking, network security, and firewalls.
Implement TCP/IP subnetting, DNS, DHCP, NAT, Layer 3 routing, and Layer 2 network protocols. Integrate enterprise-wide tools for automating, securing, and monitoring current and future infrastructure technology. Test cloud infrastructure for any performance and security issues and modify architectural infrastructure as needed to improve system performance. Perform Unit Testing as well as cloud-based integration testing for continuous efficiency and quality assurance.
Monitor servers based on various triggers set for system health alerts and acknowledge alerts accordingly. Perform analysis and generate reports on usage, capacity, and performance on storage and backup systems. Work with strategic customers as an advisory architect and developer on cloud engineering solutions of significant scale, volume, and complexity. Mentor and train junior team members on cloud technologies and system infrastructure.
Stay abreast of the latest technological advances and industry trends in cloud engineering and network systems technology. TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED The position requires a Master’s degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field and two years of experience in the job offered or a related position. This requirement may be substituted with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field and five years of experience in the job offered or a related position.
The position requires skills and knowledge in Azure, AWS, server virtualization, Active Directory structure, Public Key infrastructure, and domain administration.
For Remote Lead, Cloud Engineer roles, visit Remote Lead, Cloud Engineer Roles
Help Desk Technician/System Administrator at Sandbox Technologies
Help Desk Technician/System Administrator
A Media Agency located in Burbank is seeking a technician responsible for end user IT support and system administration duties. This position will also have on-idate must have analytical and problem-solving abilities, a keen attention to detail, and be highly self- motivated as there will be a degree of autonomy in completing the required duties. Exceptional interpersonal skills are a must, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
A commitment and demonstrated ability to grow in the position and eventually assume a managerial role for the company’s IT department while being supported by outside consultants will be needed. Additionally, excellent skills presenting ideas in a non-technical, user-friendly delivery are required as the candidate will be interacting with employees ls of the organization.
Working knowledge of Mac OSX and iOS and the applicable hardware (Macbook Pro, iMac, iPhone, iPad)
Working knowledge of Apple cloud services for backup, syncing devices and configuring on iPhone and iPad hardware
Working knowledge of the following technologies:
Windows 10 Microsoft Remote Desktop software
Splashtop remote software for device support
Adobe Acrobat Pro software and licensing
HP workstation hardware
Administration of Microsoft 365 cloud environment to include the following technology:
Administer Azure AD user/group creation and management
Administer Exchange cloud server including user mailbox creation and management
Administer One Drive and SharePoint sites including site creation and management
Manage devices using Intune Manage licenses in the Microsoft 365 portal for all Microsoft software and subscriptions
Create and maintain documentation for IT environment including software subscriptions, devices, cloud resources, and local network
Responsible for capacity and resource planning for storage, cloud resources and company devices
A current California driver’s license and auto insurance based on California minimal insurance coverage standards is required. Reliable automotive transportation is required. Background and credit check is required.
We offer great benefits, generous holiday schedule and fun perks!
For Remote Help Desk Technician/System Administrator roles, visit Remote Help Desk Technician/System Administrator Roles