Jr. Azure Cloud Engineer at AIS (Applied Information Sciences)
As an Jr. Azure Cloud Engineer, you will use cutting-edge cloud and data technologies to streamline services to our clients. Join our team of Data and Cloud professionals and accomplish what others only dream of.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Employ excellent client-facing and consulting skills to create innovative business solutions based on your network and systems experience
• Guiding the design and implementation of secure solutions and services across the client’s business and IT support areas
• Define and implement secure networking solutions between on-premises data centers and commercial clouds
• Develop solutions integrating Microsoft Azure commercial clouds (public and government community) with services hosted on-premises and in other clouds
• Develop and maintain software solutions/scripts to support automation of cloud configuration and administration
• Implement AIS cloud infrastructure solution offerings based on public cloud, private cloud, hybrid client environments, and multi-cloud environments
• Support security audits, accreditation, and certification processes, and obtaining authority to operate (ATO) for cloud-based system architectures
• Set quality standards for tools, techniques, and methodologies, advising on their application, and ensuring compliance
Location and Travel Details
This position requires travel and commute to one of the following SIPR locations:
• Ft. Belvoir, VA
• Alexandria, VA
• Austin, TX
Security Clearance And Citizenship Requirements
Ability to obtain and/or maintain a Top Secret Clearance
Profile of Success
• Clearance Requirement: Interim Secret Clearance
• Must be on-site during scheduled 8 hour shifts 5x a week
• 2 years of experience in systems engineering, designing platforms to support developers
• Strong experience with API Security, Container Security, Azure Cloud Security
• Must be well versed in general infrastructure technology and understand public and private cloud concepts such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Desktop as a Service (DaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
• Experience with the Cloud, Windows/SQL Server, Application Support, PowerShell scripting, and virtualization
• Experience developing, configuring, and managing cloud-based systems supporting enterprise web-based applications
• Ability to manage Azure subscriptions and resources, implement and manage storage, deploy and manage virtual machines, configure and manage virtual networks, and manage identities
• Experience with developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS, and container orchestration systems, or other applicable platforms
• Obtain or utilize certifications as part of continuous professional growth
• Experience implementing secure and scalable hybrid cloud architectures
• Experience with DevOps workflows using tools like GitLab, Jenkins, and others
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee’s success; however, they define it.
It’s our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals.
We are looking for:
• Smart people with a passion for technology
• Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
• Close involvement with local technical communities
• A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
• Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
• Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
• Client Success
• Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
• Strong Client Relationships
• Citizenship and Community
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.
For Remote Jr. Azure Cloud Engineer roles, visit Remote Jr. Azure Cloud Engineer Roles
Cloud Operations Engineer at Rocket Software, Inc.
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
Job Description Summary:
As a Systems Engineer at Rocket Software, you are part of a global, fast-paced IT organization with a primary mission to provide world class service to software development labs and internal departments ensuring our employees have are able to perform at the highest level. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of complex systems in your area of expertise. You will identify, analyze, and resolve system issues and report on deficiencies in configuration, process, and documentation as well as develop and recommend corrective actions. You will collaborate with senior members of the team to influence and make suggestions that aid in the designing of technical solutions and lead the group in the completion of that solution. At times you will be called on to mentor junior team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
• Configuration and infrastructure management
• Executing and troubleshooting SaaS application
• Development of and continual improvement of automation and procedures
• Analyzing and supporting infrastructure in AWS and our on-premise data center
• Monitoring system performance and capacity planning to recommend corrective actions
• Documenting current environments and ongoing maintenance of documentation
• Collaborate with product owners, developers and support staff to ensure continuous and reliable delivery of service Required Qualifications:
• Associates Degree for Networking, Software Development, Database Administration, Cloud Platforms.
• Knowledge of or desire to learn
• AWS, Azure or other cloud platforms administration
• Containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS
• Windows and Linux Administration
• Databases Administration
• Scripting languages (Bash, Python, Powershell)
• Git, Bitbucket and related tools
• Application build pipeline tools such as Jenkins
• OWASP security principles
• Position specific:
• EDI (EdiFact, X12, VDA .)
• Communication protocols (AS2, X400, OFTP .)
• Flexible, self learner and willingness to learn new technologies
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization and planning skills
• English technical level Education:
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related experience Travel Requirements:
Information security is everyones responsibility. A fundamental principle of information security at Rocket Software is that all individuals in the organization have a responsibility for the security and protection of company information and IT Resources over which they have control, according to their role.
Diversity, Inclusion & Equity:
At Rocket we are committed to an inclusive workplace environment, where every Rocketeer can thrive by bringing their full selves to work. Being a Rocketeer means you are part of our movement to continually drive inclusivity, diversity and equity in our workforce.
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: or send an email to . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
Web Reference : AJF/433679255-202
Posted Date : Thu, 15 Sep 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Rocket Software, Inc.. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of IT JobServe
For Remote Cloud Operations Engineer roles, visit Remote Cloud Operations Engineer Roles