Remote Embedded Software Engineer at Pyramid Technologies, Inc
Software Engineer (Embedded C)
We’re looking for an experienced embedded developer for bill acceptors and thermal printers. Pyramid Technologies is a fast-paced, tight-knit team, where you will be highly valued for great ideas. In this role, you will be responsible for guiding the development and design of firmware that reaches the core of our business. You will be responsible for implementing sound design patterns on both bare-metal and RTOS systems while supporting USB, self-updating functionality, and various system services. You must be comfortable with serial protocols and working with
binary data to succeed in this role. Our products provide an exciting opportunity to solve challenging problems with your creativity and motivation to produce quality code. Our unique group of engineers prides itself on writing clean and correct code that can be maintained for years to come.
• Proficient with Git
• Experience working with a team to define, design, and delegate programming tasks
• Have written firmware that has shipped on at least one commercial product
• Hands-on experience writing professional-grade firmware in C or C++ for one or more microcontrollers
• Knowledge of common compiler settings and their implications
• Ability to read and understand the basics from an electrical schematic
• Experience working with peripherals such as external RAM/ROM, LEDs, and motors
• Experience reading and writing serial protocol API specifications and documentation
• Solid understanding of the C programming language, common patterns used for embedded programming, and the standard library
• Experiencing diagnosing performance issues in data IO and algorithm-heavy code
• Memory management principles for embedded systems
• Operating system fundamentals like semaphores, queues, and task-oriented, non-blocking architecture
• USB concepts such as descriptors, endpoints, and control transfers
• Ability to effectively use debugging tools for C and C++ programs
• Knowledge of common unit and integration test patterns
• Strong willingness to learn skills required for this role. We pride ourselves on giving engineers the freedom to choose what tech stacks, tools, technology, etc. they want to use to solve the problem at hand.
• Experience performing and receiving code reviews
• Experience with hardware debuggers such as protocol analyzers and sniffers
• Be able to read and understand Python, C++, and C#
• Comfortable giving direction to less experienced engineers and non-technical peers
• Experience with serial or network protocols that use serialized, binary data
• Windows Operating system internals
• Driver architecture, how to debug USB problems
• Windows and Linux hardware interfaces
• Serial ports, USB, Printers
This full-time opening
Fully Remote with travel up to 1 week per quarter to be in the office for team collaboration.
Pyramid’s corporate office is located at 1907 South Hobson, Mesa, Arizona 85204
A great benefits package includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision, and 401(k) matching
For Remote Remote Embedded Software Engineer roles, visit Remote Remote Embedded Software Engineer Roles
Sr. Staff Software Engineer (C#) – Up to $224,400K Conv. Salary (C#.NET, SOA, REST Svcs and JSON, HT at Conexess Group
Title: Sr. Staff Software Engineer (C#) – Up to $224,400K Conv. Salary (C#.NET, SOA, REST Svcs and JSON, HTML, CSS, JS/jQuery and SQL Server) (100% Remote)
Description & Requirements
Our client delivers technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
We are seeking a Senior C#/.Net Engineer to join our Internet Solutions Development team . In this role, you will be supporting the development efforts for internet banking and mobile software solutions that will be used by both bank and credit unions running on our core Platforms as well as complimentary software applications. Our goal is to reduce the risk in delivering complex software solutions. As an engineer on our team, your responsibilities will include the continuance of software development standards & best practices, code reviews, architectural reviews, architectural roadmaps, managing the source code build process, and working with key internal and external partners and vendors.
This position will be filled to work remotely within the U.S
• Minimum 6 years of software engineering with C# and .NET development experience.
• Minimum 4 years working within Web/REST Services or Web API. REST Services and JSON.
• Must have experience with MS SQL Server.
• Must complete an assigned coding challenge during the interview process (4-6 hour coding project – building an application).
What Would Be Nice For You To Have
• Experience with MS Azure or other cloud technologies.
• Microsoft and other programming/software engineering related certifications.
• Experience with MS Entity Framework.
• Demonstrated experience in Software design and implementation, Analysis and design at multiple-project level, Research, analysis and problem resolution and Test Driven Development and Unit Testing.
• Experience with development across all phases of the SDLC including concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation.
• Dependency Injection design.
• Completes product technical software development, bug verification and resolution
• Performs programming activities which may require research
• Provides reasonable task and project effort estimates
• Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production
• Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
• Creates required technical documentation
• Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards
• Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products
• Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects
Position not eligible for visa sponsorship.
For Remote Sr. Staff Software Engineer (C#) – Up to $224,400K Conv. Salary (C#.NET, SOA, REST Svcs and JSON, HT roles, visit Remote Sr. Staff Software Engineer (C#) – Up to $224,400K Conv. Salary (C#.NET, SOA, REST Svcs and JSON, HT Roles