Senior C++ Software Engineer at Quantlab
To succeed in the complex field of algorithmic trading, Quantlab continues to use software and hardware solutions at the bleeding edge of technology. We are growing our talented software development teams and are looking for expert Senior C++ Software Engineers to design and develop new features and enhancements to our high-frequency electronic trading systems. This position is based in Houston, TX and will be a hybrid work schedule.
W hat youll do:
• Write low-latency, high-throughput C++ routines and libraries
• Modernize a large code base by taking advantage of the latest language features and tools
• Improve developer experience by reducing build times or improving testing methodologies
• Measure system performance characteristics and analyzing test results
• Learn the trade lifecycle and exchange mechanics
What youll have:
• 3+ years of Modern C++ development experience
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment where teamwork is the key to success
• You are always on the lookout for the next great book
• You like working with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
• You can easily abstract simplicity from complex systems
• You take initiative and own your work
• You enjoy following your products into production
• You possess a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Experience with Behavior-driven and Test-driven Development Practices
• Familiarity with CMake, Python, YML, JSON, Kubernetes, and/or Gitlab CI
• Comfort with a Git-based fork/pull-request development model
• Understanding of statistical learning
• Experience with TensorFlow
What youll get:
• The unique opportunity to work alongside talented and passionate experts who take pride in delivering results
• Attractive compensation and bonus structure
• Generous benefit plan structure including an option for fully paid health insurance premiums for individuals
• Free catered lunches every day with snacks and beverages provided daily
• Company paid onsite gym membership
• Training and development opportunities
• Pre-tax transportation benefit
• Casual dress
• Company events, often including employees’ families
Who we are:
Quantlab is a quantitative trading firm where Technology and Scientific Research are central to our business and key to our success. Founded in 1998, Quantlab is a pioneer in quantitative algorithmic trading. Behind our success is our people. We hire some of the smartest and most passionate programmers and quants in the world.
The firm is privately held with headquarters in Houston, and offices in New York, Chicago, Denver, Boston, Austin, and Singapore. We are a science lab spinning trade data in the centrifuge of math and technology to parse financial frontiers and optimize results.
Why you should work with us:
Quantlab is constantly pushing the boundaries of technology, from high performance computing clusters attached to petabytes of storage, to ultra-low latency hardware, to highly optimized operating systems. Our team members enjoy the collaborative and impact-driven atmosphere where passion, innovation, and the scientific process power amazing results. This is just one reason we continue to attract the industrys most enterprising and brightest talent. Our regard for tenacity, humility, and an intrinsic will to win promotes a fast-paced, team-first culture where brilliance is magnified into global leading lights.
Quantlab is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Only search firms with valid, written agreements with Quantlab should submit resumes in response to Quantlabs posted positions. All resumes submitted by search firms to Quantlab via e-mail, the Internet, personal delivery, facsimile, or any other method without a valid written agreement shall be deemed the sole property of Quantlab, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Quantlab.
Quantlab is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other protected characteristic. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For Remote Senior C++ Software Engineer roles, visit Remote Senior C++ Software Engineer Roles
C++ Graphics and Windowing System Software Engineer – Mir at Canonical – Jobs
We build a high-performance, high-efficiency stack for window managers and display subsystems in C++, called Mir. We’re growing the team and looking for new colleagues who share our passion for precision, performance and user experience.
Our goal is to enable the whole spectrum of graphics from single-purpose screens through edge devices to full desktop environments. We focus on developers who are building window compositing systems or device graphics experience, and aim to give them an amazing developer experience, security, and easy access to today’s most used graphics toolkits and libraries.
We work on Mir and solutions built on it like Ubuntu Frame, and we also set the pace for graphics enablement across the Ubuntu certified hardware ecosystem. Our daily drill includes design, development and testing of features in those pieces of software as well as responding to issues and user inquiries. Most of the software is written in C++, with support tooling in scripting languages. We’re also considering Rust or Carbon as evolutionary steps forward.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to have a meaningful impact on modern display technologies that will impact millions of developers. Canonical offers a fast-paced team environment and a career full of learning and development opportunities across the open source spectrum.
What you will do
• Design and implement features across the Mir stack
• Assist in debugging, tracking down and fixing issues
• Improve tests and performance benchmarks to catch issues early
• Create documentation to enhance the developer experience
• Engage with the open source community and commercial partners
• Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
Required skills and experience
• You have excellent, modern C++ programming taste
• You have a rigorous approach to software design, development and testing
• You have a solid understanding of asynchronous programming and concurrency patterns
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills to document and present software developed
• You are productive collaborating remotely and are highly motivated and organized
• You are familiar with Linux as a development and deployment platform
• You have proven ability to consistently deliver robust code to production
• Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
Desirable skills and experience
• Experience with the Wayland protocol ecosystem and compositors
• Familiarity with a range of Linux Desktop Environments
• Familiarity with OpenGL, Vulkan, and other graphics and animation frameworks
• You have experience developing and deploying on a Ubuntu/Debian system
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity, we will give your application fair consideration.
For Remote C++ Graphics and Windowing System Software Engineer – Mir roles, visit Remote C++ Graphics and Windowing System Software Engineer – Mir Roles
Senior Staff Software Engineer – Networking Protocols C++ at Mozilla
The Mozilla Corporation’s Gecko networking team is looking for skilled developers to work on a first-class networking stack and improve web experiences for millions of Firefox users. The team is working on the core of the browser that moves the web. The fundamental network protocols and features like HTTP, QUIC, caching and DNS are our responsibility.
We strive to provide a performant and secure browsing experience for the users. Furthermore we work on advanced web platform networking API like Fetch and WebTransport. We improve our existing implementations and together with the broader community we advance the web through the evolution of relevant standards.
Is debugging networking protocols or multi-threaded applications an exciting challenge for you? If you’re also enthusiastic about working collaboratively with a worldwide community, we’d love to hear from you! Opportunities to collaborate with other browser teams, and working in the open is the norm. Firefox is a mature project always looking for new optimizations, and we are trying to write some of our new components in Rust. You’ll be responsible for writing code, tests, specifications, building prototypes, solving problems, and analyzing data. You’ll get feedback from real users and synthesize it into bug reports, feature designs, and strategic direction to make the web platform even better over time.
In This Role You Will
• Improve Firefox’s web browsing experience with a particular focus on the networking stack and network related API, e.g. Fetch, WebTransport, etc.
• Design and implement new web platform features in collaboration with the web community.
• Debug and fix problems in our multi-threaded codebase.
• Debug platform-specific networking issues.
• Improve Firefox’s stability and correctness.
• Analyze and reduce Firefox’s memory usage.
• Work cooperatively with other Mozillians to identify and correct issues.
Your Professional Profile
• Proficient with C++.
• Experience or interest in learning Rust.
• Networking experience, including strong familiarity with tools such as Wireshark and protocols such as TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS, and HTTP.
• Experience working on a cross-platform native application.
• Creative problem-solver and skilled debugger.
• Experience writing and debugging multi-threaded code.
• Ability to learn a large and complex multi-language code base.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity or interest in learning the modern web platform.
About Mozilla Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [Email available when viewing the job] to request accommodation.We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
For Remote Senior Staff Software Engineer – Networking Protocols C++ roles, visit Remote Senior Staff Software Engineer – Networking Protocols C++ Roles