Staff Software Engineer C/C+ – Remote at ParTech, Inc.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
PAR is searching for an experienced Embedded software developer to take ownership of software/firmware development in support of PAR product portfolio. Leading a software development team which is comprised of internal and external resources, using your broad-based software/firmware expertise and by your hands-on development work. Work closely with product management to define requirements, roadmap, schedule, and to deliver.
Why We Need You
Hands-on senior level software development engineer who is experienced in design, develop, validate and delivering Embedded and application software.
• You will work with software system architect on software system block diagram and detailed design.
• You will work with senior engineer and management in developing roadmap, schedule, and implementing test plan.
• You will work closely with product management in understanding the product requirements and provide technical expertise to ensure all parties understand the requirement implications.
• You will work with electrical hardware engineers to select appropriate components and assist in designing the hardware platform.
• You will work collaboratively with the software development team – including internal developers and external resources.
• You will be a hands-on developer – coding, debug/testing, verification/validation.
• You will support field testing, support manufacturing, support & resolve escalated customer issues.
What We’re Looking For
• 7+ years of experience at writing Embedded C/C+ applications running on Linux, RTOS, and bare-metal.
• Strong experience with host or cross-compiled C/C+ applications.
• 5+ years of experience using ARM, DSP, and full featured microcontrollers
• Experience using IDEs such as Eclipse, TI CodeComposer, Visual Studio, IAR WorkBench
• Experienced in implementing device-side Cloud support – remote visibility/accessibility, data upload/download, over-the-air FW update, audio streaming, MQTT messaging.
• Wireless experience – developing software stack & application, RF/radio chip hardware – a plus
• Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) experience – a plus
• Other pluses:
• Quick Service Restaurant Drive-Thru experience – a big plus
• You are comfortable with client-side UI Front End design as well as server-side Back End support.
• Full-stack web applications development – Node.js
• Experience with the database schema and design, general SQL knowledge – PostgreSQL, MySQL
• Experience with software source control – GitHub, SVN, SourceSafe, etc.
• 5+ years of Agile software development methodology
• Familiar with other tools – Jira, Git, Confluence, SharePoint.
• Bachelors Degree
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
For Remote Staff Software Engineer C/C+ – Remote roles, visit Remote Staff Software Engineer C/C+ – Remote Roles
Senior Software Engineer – C/C++ at NJF Global Holdings Ltd
Outstanding opportunity to join a highly successful, tech driven HFT firm. My client is looking to hire exceptional engineering talent with strong C/C++ coding experience to join and work on business-critical projects with likeminded people in a collaborative environment.
In this role you will be working across a variety of difficult problems and tasked with finding the best solutions available, focusing on clean and simple code, low-latency, performance optimization, scalability, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Expert knowledge of C/C++ coding
• A proven track record of accomplishments in their current position
• Strong experience of working on latency sensitive projects
• Experience of working with performance optimization
• Finance experience is NOT required for this role
• A minimum of 3 YOE post-graduation
• A CompSci or Computer Engineering degree from a top tier STEM university
• Green card or US Citizenship is required as we are not able to sponsor at this time
If the above criteria applies to you please get in touch and we can discuss the position further.