Building Engineer at CBRE
Houston – Texas – United States of America
Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds. Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
Reviews assigned work orders. Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate work and assign tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Universal CFC certification preferred. Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair. Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Requires intermediate analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS And ABILITIES
Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
This Includes But Is Not Limited To
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work.
Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level
Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times
Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.
Building engineer at ISS
The Building Engineer reports directly to the Site Operations Manager to ensure all facilities related equipment are maintained to the highest standards in the Hard Services line.
Additionally, the Building Engineer will partner with the Site Operations Supervisor and Hard Service team to promote collective success across all service lines (hard, soft, and operational) and embody the OneISS (one team) methodology of facility operations.
Core functions of this role involve solving complex (integrated and multi system) maintenance and repair of a building’s shell, core, and equipment.
The purpose of this role is to drive optimization and maintenance of facilities for clients, customers, and staff in a safe operating condition;
execute a best practice preventative and reactive maintenance program; and resolve immediate operational and / or building safety concerns.
Utilizes advanced skills (general and trade specific) to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment, and grounds.
Working under limited supervision, the building engineer monitors building system operations and performance. Completes self-performance of specific and / or several trade skills such as plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, refrigeration, heating, and cooling.
• Develop own skill base in line with agreed appraisal, taking responsibility for increased performance, and ensuring continued self-improvement
• Participate and embrace the development opportunities within group
Key Areas of Collaboration and Influence
• Support the team and report to the Site Operations Manager
• Communicate effectively with colleagues within the Business Unit and across the company so that information is disseminated effectively and participate in project groups and meetings as required
Ideal Candidate Experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Ops & Maintenance, Construction, Facilities Maintenance and / or Building Engineering roles
• High school diploma or vocational or trade school / college
• If working on HVAC / Refrigeration systems must hold EPA Universal Certification, Ozone Depletion Prevention, Certificate of Qualification (CofQ) or similar
• Strong knowledge of Work Order Control procedures and required time management to work within CMMS Systems
• Ability to work at heights using ladders, Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP).
• Experience with subcontractor and vendor contract management
• Experience with managing key performance indicators as provided by Site Operations Manager
• Able to use specialty hand tools, specialty diagnostic tools, and knowledge of maintenance shop practices with previous experience at the Journeyman level (Electrical and Mechanical Equipment systems)
• Basic computer proficiency skills (Word, Outlook, CMMS Systems, Smartphone Systems)
• Perform Inspection, Maintenance and Repair of the building’s mechanical systems
• HVAC troubleshooting and preventative maintenance
• Electrical work including re-lamping, ballast replacement and breaker reset
• Plumbing fixture repairs, drain maintenance, and restroom preventative maintenance
• Perform Inspection and Maintenance of café / kitchen equipment
• Manage and support maintenance of elevators, fire life safety devices, and UPSs
• Access Door and Overhead Door repair / adjustment, as required
• Do routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly
• Troubleshoot and fix faulty electrical switches
• Ensures the CMMS system software is up to date with accurate and appropriate data around assets and maintenance programs
• Inspect and diagnose problems and figure out the best way to correct them, frequently checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs
• Partners with contractors and vendors as needed for the effective and safe accomplishment of maintenance and specific scopes of work.
This task is to see that contractors and vendors may safely arrive on site, access the facilities properly, be escorted to their work areas, and other safety precautions, with work teams debriefed and safely escorted off site
• Provides data for reports as required and other status reports, equipment evaluations or scope of work for outside contractors as needed
• Provides or directs equipment and system operational modifications, such as critical switching, lockout / tagout, and safe working area set up so that specialty subcontractors may perform assigned or contracted duties while minimizing risk to workers and protecting the critical load
• Follow 5S principles for organization / cleanliness of Front of House (client / customer spaces) and Back of House (equipment rooms, storage areas, tool cribs, etc.) on the property
• Order supplies for PM’s and RM’s as needed. Ensure on site tool crib inventory is correctly managed to ensure SLA uptime is met
• Obtain and compare estimates for work to be performed by outside vendors
• Adjust doors and closers, repair T-bar drop ceiling grid and replace ceiling tiles
• Perform visual roof inspections and make minor repairs as needed
• Perform general maintenance tech duties as assigned by Site Operations Management team
• On call (1st line of support) to address escalations or emergencies if they arise according to designated on call schedule
• Ensure that all customer complaints are handled professionally, appropriately, and in a timely manner
• Complies with all ISS, and client EHS requirements, as required
• Must possess valid state driver’s license. May be required to travel via car within a specific metropolitan region as a part of mobile engineering team
Physical Demands & Work Environment
• Ability to lift, push, pull, and / or carry minimum 50 pounds
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch / crawl daily
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
• Must be able to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods
• Must participate in On-Call rotation schedule as assigned Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and / or holidays as needed
• Must be able to work at heights on mobile or stationary work platforms
• Must be able to operate powered industrial trucks
As a global organization, ISS Group is committed to making the international community more resilient and just for all people.
We encourage diversity and inclusion in their broadest terms, including ethnicity, race, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, language, culture, and educational background.
We look to lead our industry by example and to positively influence the market wherever we operate.
Senior Platform Engineer – Remote at Crown Castle International Corporation
Position Title:? Sr Platform Engineer (P4)
Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of shared communications infrastructure: towers, small cells and fiber. It all works together to meet unprecedented demand-connecting people and communities and transforming the way we do business. Whenever you make a call, track a workout or stream music and videos, we’re the ones providing the communications infrastructure that makes it all possible. From 5G and the Internet of things to drones, autonomous vehicles and AR/VR, we enable the technologies that help people stay safe, connected and ready for the future. Crown Castle is publicly traded on the S&P 500, and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the US, with an enterprise value of ~$100B.
The Sr Platform Engineer will be hands-on developing the cloud foundation to bridge the gap between IT Operations and Software Engineering for our growing Data & Digital Team. Your work will introduce platform standardization, modernization, and automation. You will build and maintain our software infrastructure, tools, and services that engineers, and other technical users collectively leverage in a self-service fashion as the platform’.
Design, and code reusable services according to cloud-first best practices, and company security and architecture standards.
Build a highly available Microservices Cloud platform
Design and implement production services, applications and platform components that comprise our backend
Evangelize, research, and build proofs of concept to introduce new technologies
Develop and maintain reference implementation in a variety of core languages
Develop platform risk mitigation controls
Design, develop, test, and deploy scalable, secure, and highly available software using best in class technologies
Establish best practices and build tools to drive the use of CI/CD and the adoption of infrastructure/platform components by engineering teams
Collaborate with product owners, developers/engineers, and architects to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability of solutions
Proactively work with stakeholders from technology teams and elsewhere in the business to ensure that current and planned solutions are equipped to meet the growth and transformation needs of our rapidly scaling organization
Self-motivated individual who can handle ambiguous/undefined problems and think abstractly to deliver results
Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive as well as the ability to work well with diverse teams.
Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to business users and other technical teams
Seeks to develop compelling insights and logical arguments to persuade others.
Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline
Cloud Certifications preferred
8+ years of experience in software engineering in the following languages: ReactJS and Python
3+ years of recent experience working as a Platform Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or SRE
Experience in building highly available, scalable, distributed systems in a Microservices based architecture
Cloud expertise and experience developing/maintaining Cloud solutions
Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current cloud systems
Knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform or Ansible
Experience writing code/building systems to be used in a production environment
A solid grasp of development, automation, and monitoring tools and practices.
Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
Comfort and experience working in an Agile environment
Crown Castle has a COVID-19 Vaccine Policy in place requiring vaccination by your employment start date, unless approved for an accommodation or otherwise prohibited by law.
Working Conditions: This is a remote role with the expectation of occasional travel for on-site collaboration with teammates and stakeholders. Travel up to 20% may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
For Remote Senior Platform Engineer – Remote roles, visit Remote Senior Platform Engineer – Remote Roles
Backend Software Engineer – Java at VMware
• Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
• At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
• If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
• Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black’s success.
• VMware Carbon Black engineering group is looking to hire a Software Engineer who loves working on complex problems and getting things done. The ideal candidate combines excellent engineering skills and passion to work with Big data.
As a Software engineer, your day-to-day tasks will be the following.
• Building Services which are decoupled and provide high throughput and can deal with very large volumes of data.
• Working with stakeholders and other team members to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
• Review others’ work and share knowledge.
Skill Set Needed:
• 6-8 years of experience in relevant areas in building large scale distributed systems and Microservices, which can handle petabytes of data spread across multiple regions
• Extensive experience working with microservices built for the JVM and with developing modern, reactive APIs and hosted in public cloud like AWS.
• Experience building enterprise-level software with a focus on performance, scalability, and security in public cloud AWS .
• Deep knowledge in using Messaging systems (Kafka, Kinesis)NOSQL systems(Cassandra, DynamoDB ), RDBMSes(Oracle, Postgres, Mysql) etc.
• Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching, HTTP, REST and Distributed Tracing
• Deep knowledge of building high quality software in Java and python/Golang would be plus .
• Develop deployment scripts and tools that work with standard CI/CD tools to support highly customized build and deployment environments.
• Understanding of Jenkins build and continuous delivery pipelines using tools such as Docker, GitHub, Kubernetes and AWS tools, while following configuration as code practices.
• Experience in the Security domain is a plus.
• This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Senior Release Engineer Remote at iRhythm Technologies
iRhythm is a leading digital healthcare company focused on the way cardiac arrhythmias are clinically diagnosed by combining our wearable bio sensing technology with powerful cloud-based data analytics and Artificial Intelligence capabilities. Our goal is to be the leading provider of ambulatory ECG monitoring for patients at risk for arrhythmias. iRhythm’s continuous ambulatory monitoring has already put over 4 million patients and their doctors on a shorter path to what they both need – answers.
About this role:
iRhythm is currently seeking an experienced, motivated Senior Release Engineer. Our work environment is fast-paced, with a collaborative atmosphere. Most of all, we are passionate about delivering innovations that improve the quality of health care and the patient experience. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team today! This role will work 100% remote and can sit anywhere in the United States. – Note we are unable to provide sponsorship for this role.
Work alongside software engineering teams to implement infrastructure changes needed for future releases
Partner with production systems team to plan and document production deployments and oversee execution of deployment plan
Support and improve tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management.
Understand the build process and identify bottleneck areas for improvement.
Responsible for multiple non-production infrastructure environments.
Support and enhance production-like environments to ensure integrated products have reliability, observability and maintainability required for production deployment.
Assist in troubleshooting deployment and application issues
Drive operational excellence and partner with key stakeholders to deliver the R&D roadmap
You are an experience release engineer looking to make your mark within a newly established release engineering team within iRhythm. You are detailed oriented and a great collaborator. You have an interest in how release engineering best practices can be applied to a regulated medical device platform to maintain high quality outcomes.
Bachelors or Graduates Degree in computer engineering, computer science, or electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps Engineer with overall 6+ years of relevant industry experience
Significant technical experience in release automation engineering, Continuous Integration, DevOps, software/systems developer, software development & release engineering manager, or related role
Experience with infrastructure management tooling such as Terraform, Kubernetes and AWS services
A leader and problem solver.
Strong intra-team communication and ability to express ideas
Lead Fullstack Engineer (Remote) at Panasonic
Does the idea of working at the intersection of next gen software innovation, advanced data analytics, and consumer-experience design excite you? Do you thrive in a team that focuses on solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to build new products focused on democratizing connected vehicle data to improve roadway safety and help save lives? Then apply now and come be a part of the amazing team creating an intelligent digital mesh for the future of the mobility ecosystem!
This is a new role on a highly skilled and motivated delivery team of Product Owners, Tech Leads, and Software Engineers with a passion to imagine, build, test and deploy connected products in the Smart Mobility Space. You will have the opportunity to create the user interface, technical design and develop multi-platform, cross-functional, customer facing applications.
This role reports to the OneConnect Group Manager, Software Engineering.
The ideal candidate will be located in either Peachtree City, GA area or Michigan, but, we will be happy to consider applicants from other locations across the US as well as a remote based employees.
Required Education & Experience:
Advanced experience with HTML CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility.
Advanced experience in understanding fundamentals of unit testing and Front-end tools for testing and automation, like TestCafe, Jest, Enzyme.
Advanced experience in designing, developing, and deploying Back End services with Node.js.
Experience building and delivering web applications that have seen actual production usage with a strong preference React.
Experience in making meaningful architectural choices based on careful evaluation and prior knowledge of solutions that work.
Experience working in an agile test-driven development with continuous integration.
Experience in designing and developing reusable components.
Experience with software engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Deep understanding of a programming language eg C+, Java, Python, JavsScript and the tools and frameworks closely related to the language.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 10+ years of related commercial experience is preferred.
Experience with at least one major Redux side effect library such as Redux-Thunk, Redux-Saga, Redux-Loop.
Experience in building rich progressive web applications PWA.
Understanding of the language features of ES8 and ES10.
Understanding of how to write secure frontend, Back End code and an awareness of common web application security vulnerabilities.
What We Offer:
Paid Parental Care Leave
Employee Referral Program
Flexible Work Program
Volunteer time Off
Casual Dress Code
Principal Engineer, Core Experiences – Remote at Docusign
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
Our business is built on finding great people and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning SaaS offering. We are looking for a principal software development engineer (PSDE) to join the Sign engineering team and help scale and build the next generation of eSign experiences. As a principal engineer you will spearhead the architecture, development, and best practices of highly engaging, modern, and performant client-side software driving key end user experiences across web and mobile platforms. You will define modern componentized client architectures that scale alongside our services enabling capabilities to enable our customers to easily create and manage their agreements. You will also partner with external teams in updating our services to modern cloud-based scalable architectures with high availability, reliability and quality-of-service. Our team focuses on distributed decision making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Engineering, Sign and is designated Flex.
Write high-quality code that is easy to maintain and test
Design and build platform components for customer reporting and data, improving customer effectiveness at deploying and using DocuSign
Support strategic code sharing and architecture for one or more functional areas
Ensure design and architecture is extensible across multiple projects, and participate in technical design and code reviews
Work with product management and other developers to understand design requirements and provide estimates for development
Work closely with QA to identify test cases and devise efficient, scalable testing processes
Work cooperatively with product management and design to create features that are scalable and secure
Identify, propose and implement process improvements to continuously increase the teams productivity and efficiency
Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team
Work as part of a cross-site development team to drive design, implementation, testing and release of products
Raise issues proactively that might impact delivery commitments
Research new features and technologies
Fix production issues and maintain the code as needed
15+ years of product development experience building large-scale web applications
Experience with full stack development with a focus on client-side capabilities and best practices
Experience designing and developing highly scalable consumer-facing web and mobile applications
BS degree in computer science or relevant field of study
Knowledge and experience in high-scale, highly available (99.99+) systems
15+ years professional experience building complex, scalable applications
Excellent problem-solving skills
Experience in working in an Agile development environment
Curiosity and ability to learn new technologies and toolsets
Experience with modern client-side technologies including React, GraphQL, Kotlin, and Swift
Experience with UX Component Libraries and CSS
Experience with WCAG Accessibility requirements and related engineering best practices
Experience with Microsoft Azure technology stack
Experience with client side security best practices
SaaS or cloud experience
Experience with Git, continuous integration and deployment tools
Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, or Cypress
Experience developing, promoting and building consensus across engineering teams
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $185,400 – $261,900 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits
For Remote Principal Engineer, Core Experiences – Remote roles, visit Remote Principal Engineer, Core Experiences – Remote Roles